🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obamacare sticker shock

Close the pop-up box, and click the button at the top labelled "Gold/Platinum" plans.

I did - the monthly is 962 which is almost 1000 plus a co-pay of everything, and 10% of everything , like hospital stay

You and I are looking at the same plan, I think... but I have no idea what you're talking about with the "10% of everything"...

Are you talking about the PPO price? That's only if you go out of network.

look down the table where it says about co-payments for the ER
yes , I am talking about PPO - I am comparing what I have NOW with what this crap called obamacare is forcing on me, beginning 2018 ( and this is not even my state, mine is worse)

Have you ever purchased health insurance privately, not through a job?

That's how much it costs.

That is an absolute CROCK of Excrement.

I'll take that as a No.

I've been self-employed for the last 4 years, and have been purchasing insurance on the private market that long.

I've been paying almost a thousand dollars a month.
same here in Maine, only higher...6 years ago when we tried to get an individual health insurance policy when we moved here to Maine, it was $12500 each a year, or combined it was $24k a year, plus a large deductible and out of pocket....the hubby ended up getting healthcare from the VA as a disabled vet but I needed healthcare coverage and did not work.. we were paying $650 a month for COBRA coverage...we moved here to retire (young), but instead Matt had to get a job to get healthcare coverage for me....we could not afford a $12,500 a year individual health care policy for just me....

on the exchange here, for a better policy than the $12500 a year policy, it is around $9300....still outrageous but a savings of $3000 a year....

Repeating the same lie, over and over again, won't make it magically come true.

There is nothing in "Obamacare" that "forces" employers to drop coverage in 2018.

yes it does. it is forcing every employer to pay 40% tax on every insurance which exceeds 10, 500 for a year - which as we see is a STANDARD cost of a STANDARD employer based insurance.
it is a provision of taxing the "cadillac" plans, but those plans are just the regular ones, not the "cadillac"

I think you're vastly over-estimating what percentage of employer-provided plans would fall into the category of "cadillac plans".

The numbers I see are less than 10%.

I am not overestimating anything.
I do not have a "cadillac" insurance now - just a standard PPO.
It's cost can be estimated with a comparison on the site you have provided - and it is already OVER the 10,500 which is a limit, over which the excise 40% tax is going to be imposed.
That is the reason unions got so unhappy with obamacare - because it plans to force employer-based insurance into oblivion.

again - the benefit not for American taxpayer, but for big companies

I did - the monthly is 962 which is almost 1000 plus a co-pay of everything, and 10% of everything , like hospital stay

You and I are looking at the same plan, I think... but I have no idea what you're talking about with the "10% of everything"...

yes , I am talking about PPO - I am comparing what I have NOW with what this crap called obamacare is forcing on me, beginning 2018 ( and this is not even my state, mine is worse)

I think you're misunderstanding what that cost means.

It doesn't mean that you have to pay 10% of everything, it just means that if you visit an out-of-network hospital, you'll be billed for 10% of the cost.

If you visit an in-network hospital, you pay what's under the HMO prices.

That is an absolute CROCK of Excrement.

I'll take that as a No.

I've been self-employed for the last 4 years, and have been purchasing insurance on the private market that long.

same here in Maine, only higher...6 years ago when we tried to get an individual health insurance policy when we moved here to Maine, it was $12500 each a year, or combined it was $24k a year, plus a large deductible and out of pocket....the hubby ended up getting healthcare from the VA as a disabled vet but I needed healthcare coverage and did not work.. we were paying $650 a month for COBRA coverage...we moved here to retire (young), but instead Matt had to get a job to get healthcare coverage for me....we could not afford a $12,500 a year individual health care policy for just me....

on the exchange here, for a better policy than the $12500 a year policy, it is around $9300....still outrageous but a savings of $3000 a year....

So, your new plan now, has the same, ded. Copays etc. Same access , doctors hospitals, and it's 3200....less? :eusa_eh: r u getting a subsidy?

yes it does. it is forcing every employer to pay 40% tax on every insurance which exceeds 10, 500 for a year - which as we see is a STANDARD cost of a STANDARD employer based insurance.
it is a provision of taxing the "cadillac" plans, but those plans are just the regular ones, not the "cadillac"

I think you're vastly over-estimating what percentage of employer-provided plans would fall into the category of "cadillac plans".

It's cost can be estimated with a comparison on the site you have provided - and it is already OVER the 10,500 which is a limit, over which the excise 40% tax is going to be imposed.
That is the reason unions got so unhappy with obamacare - because it plans to force employer-based insurance into oblivion.

How do you know how much your employer pays for your current plan now?

Shelly Ross of San Francisco was looking forward to the opening of the new health insurance marketplaces under the Affordable Care Act because she was hoping to get a better deal.

But now that she's seen her options, Ross is disappointed. Turns out she earns slightly too much money to qualify for federal financial aid to help her buy coverage in the state's exchange, called Covered California. And because policies have to be upgraded to comply with the new law, her rates are going up nearly 10 percent.

"Every plan is going to cost more than what I pay now. And what I pay now is ridiculous," said Ross, 47, who owns a cat-sitting business called Tales of the Kitty and pays more than $400 a month for her insurance. "It's a great thing for some people, but it's certainly not helping me."Health insurance shoppers suffer sticker shock - SFGate

this law is horrible and should be repealed, hopefully the gop will win and get at least a year delay

Any bets that she has never voted for a Republican in her life and that she supported Obama-care, thinking that she was going be getting better for cheaper because it would be funded by the "Rich"?

It looks like she has found out that she is among the "Rich" that is funding Obama-care.

The left always thinks someone else is going to pay and their price will go drop once rob "them" people. I think it's hilarious they now find themselves in this position.

maybe Obama/Reid have no idea what the average household takes in every year? apparently they don't care for americans who may have to choose between food/heating and health-care this winter.

I'll take that as a No.

So, your new plan now, has the same, ded. Copays etc. Same access , doctors hospitals, and it's 3200....less? :eusa_eh: r u getting a subsidy?

Traj, have you ever bought insurance privately?

If you're shocked about the exchange prices, you should see what a lot of us have had to pay for a long time now.

IS this a plan for you alone? or a family plan?

ObamaCare Tax: Full List of ObamaCare Taxes

ObamaCare "Cadillac" Tax

Starting in 2018, the new health care law imposes a 40% excise tax on the portion of most employer-sponsored health coverage (this excludes dental and vision) that exceed $10,200 a year and $27,500 for families. The tax has been dubbed a "Cadillac" tax because it hits only high-end "gold", "platinum" and high-end health care plans not purchased on the exchange. The tax raises over $150 billion over the next 10 years.

10,200$ per year - is a standard PPO plan.

ObamaCare "Cadillac" Tax

Starting in 2018, the new health care law imposes a 40% excise tax on the portion of most employer-sponsored health coverage (this excludes dental and vision) that exceed $10,200 a year and $27,500 for families. The tax has been dubbed a "Cadillac" tax because it hits only high-end "gold", "platinum" and high-end health care plans not purchased on the exchange. The tax raises over $150 billion over the next 10 years.

You keep saying that, but not backing it up.

It doesn't mean that you have to pay 10% of everything, it just means that if you visit an out-of-network hospital, you'll be billed for 10% of the cost.

it is you who are misunderstanding. It means you co-pay 10% of hospital stay, rehab, radiation treatment, chemotherapy, outpatient surgery etc.

why should I visit in-network hospital, when I need, let's say the edge-cancer treatment?
after paying 1000$ a month I should not be compelled to who-knows-where and what hospital.

And as I have said before - that is what I have NOW and what I am comparing to.

this is a fascist grip on me and others like me - to enforce me to buy a product and if I refuse - racket me by government means.

By 2018 there won't be any employer-sponsored plans - that is why this obamacare crap has to be killed.

ObamaCare "Cadillac" Tax

are you an idiot?

it is an OFFICIAL site and a quote and a link FROM THE LAW :rolleyes:

you are quoting the very post with a link to the official site where it is written and that is where I copy&pasted from and stating that it is not backed up? :cuckoo:

it is you who are misunderstanding. It means you co-pay 10% of hospital stay, rehab, radiation treatment, chemotherapy, outpatient surgery etc.

why should I visit in-network hospital, when I need, let's say the edge-cancer treatment?
after paying 1000$ a month I should not be compelled to who-knows-where and what hospital.

this is a fascist grip on me and others like me - to enforce me to buy a product and if I refuse - racket me by government means.

By 2018 there won't be any employer-sponsored plans - that is why this obamacare crap has to be killed.

Here we go.

That is not true. The kindness you have been shown in this thread is about to end.

Traj, have you ever bought insurance privately?

If you're shocked about the exchange prices, you should see what a lot of us have had to pay for a long time now.

No I haven't but I stayed at a holiday inn........:eusa_shhh:

No, but I know what my employer paid and what my wife's employer pays.

I am not Shocked at the prices , I am shocked at the difference in prices, that is if , this is a big if , your plans are very very close together- you're getting the same coverage same access same deductibles, copays out-of-pocket cap and someone is saving $3200 a year ask yourself doc, does that sound right to you?

I know care and I trust you, you're not loons, but I want you to ask yourself seriously , doesn't that sound a little too good to be true ?

I'm not saying that you're not seeing what you're seeing, what I'm saying is somewhere along the line someone's going to take the pipe so that folks can get these deductions in their rates, it's got to come out somewhere somehow, there is no free lunch...... This all can't be on account of insurance companies losing the ability to deduct administrative costs etc....... And enough people haven't signed up yet to float the relative values so you can adjust the system up and down according to demand and how much cost is being spread....

3200 bucks? That's great but.......:doubt:

ObamaCare "Cadillac" Tax

are you an idiot?

you are quoting the very post with a link to the official site where it is written and that is where I copy&pasted from and stating that it is not backed up? :cuckoo:

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. When I said you had yet to back up your claim, I was referring to your claim that $10,200 per year is the cost of a "standard PPO plan".

are you an idiot?

I'm sorry if I wasn't clear. When I said you had yet to back up your claim, I was referring to your claim that $10,200 per year is the cost of a "standard PPO plan".

gosh, you are thick.

of course it is - on your very californian site the PPO plan which is approximately as mine( by benefits) - costs MORE

The Obamacare crap needs to be killed because even if it was good, the ends do not justify the means. It was lied into existence. The American contract was violated at every step, straight through to the the SCOTUS decision which declared it a tax when there is no way it could have been passed if it had been billed as a tax to begin with.

That's the basic reason it needs to be killed.

The fact that so many people are being hurt by it is of course very helpful in a sense, since some people don't care about how it came to be, and only care about the net effect. So, it's useful that they'll see people losing their livelihoods over this.

But it's just plain sad all around.

Here we go.

That is not true. The kindness you have been shown in this thread is about to end.

YES IT IS TRUE.
I have already provided the links and quotes to prove it.
the cost of a stadard PPO plan is way more than 10,200$ per year.

Forum List

Back