ObamaCare Tax Increases Are Double Original Estimate

BlackFlag10

College Conservative
Jun 1, 2012
On March 5, the Joint Committee on Taxation released a 96 page report detailing the tax provisions associated with the Affordable Care Act, more commonly known as ObamaCare. The report describes the 21 tax increases included in the Act.

The total increase in taxes? $1.058 trillion

At the time of the bill's passage in March 2010, estimates were that tax increases were going to be around $569 billion.

GO TO Cameron Harris: ObamaCare Tax Increases Are Double Original Estimate for the full article and a detailed chart

Let me know if there's something besides a gop (aka teaparty) subcommittee. Though it's clear the gop is banking on 2014 showing obamacare to be a debacle that will give them the white house in 2016, no matter how teaparty they crazy on to be.

Gee, who would have predicted this?

Double the taxes and very complicated to get.

Want health insurance? Get ready to fill out 15 pages of forms

Love doing your taxes? Of course not. And that means you probably aren't going to be a fan of applying for health insurance under the Affordable Care Act, a.k.a. ObamaCare.

According to the Associated Press, the government's draft application for applicants who want government help in paying for and obtaining insurance coverage is 15 pages long, and will be looked at by at least three federal agencies, including the IRS....

Getting ObamaCare coverage could be more painful than doing your taxes - Yahoo! News

Let me know if there's something besides a gop (aka teaparty) subcommittee. Though it's clear the gop is banking on 2014 showing obamacare to be a debacle that will give them the white house in 2016, no matter how teaparty they crazy on to be.

This was from the Joint Committee on Taxation, not a GOP subcommittee...

Let me know if there's something besides a gop (aka teaparty) subcommittee.

Uh, that committee is composed of 5 Republicans and 5 Democrats, including Charlie Rangle, not exactly a Tea Party supporter.

Methinks your overt bias is making you look silly.

Bias or Bot?

Not that there's much distinction between the two.

Any house committe is a gop committee. It works that way depending upon what party has a maj. committee reports are propaganda tools. Obamacare may prove to be a debacle. In my state it certainly will be unless the gop legislature (40 hissing possums in a barn) follows the state hosptal association recommendation to expand medicaid. But, nationally, the cost may be way higher than bipartisan estimates. That's what the gop is banking on. It'll be so bad that a guy like Ryan can be elected potus

Any house committe is a gop committee. It works that way depending upon what party has a maj. committee reports are propaganda tools. Obamacare may prove to be a debacle. In my state it certainly will be unless the gop legislature (40 hissing possums in a barn) follows the state hosptal association recommendation to expand medicaid. But, nationally, the cost may be way higher than bipartisan estimates. That's what the gop is banking on. It'll be so bad that a guy like Ryan can be elected potus

Look up the definition of "Joint Committee".....

Any house committe is a gop committee.

Uh...it's not a "House" committee. There are five members from the House and five from the Senate, equally distributed between Dems and Republicans.

Again, your bias is showing.

I suspect his definition is a few friends chipping in to buy a bag of weed.

look up the definition of bipartisan

Lewis Opening Statement at Hearing on the Tax-Related Provisions in the Affordable Care Act | Committee on Ways and Means

You obviously do not grok what bipartisan means, bub.

oh give it a freaking rest. The maj party always uses hearings and reports to dis the other side. Henry Waxman is a poster boy.

The dems are in a panty raid in sending out press releases because they have no other way of getting out their message in the House.

The worm will turn.

They're "mostly" all whores.

Maybe the ACA will be good, maybe not.

oh give it a freaking rest. The maj party always uses hearings and reports to dis the other side. Henry Waxman is a poster boy.

The dems are in a panty raid in sending out press releases because they have no other way of getting out their message in the House.

The worm will turn.

They're "mostly" all whores.

Maybe the ACA will be good, maybe not.

It is NOT a committee formed solely by members of the House. There are 5 Senators. Republicans don't control both. Take some time to think about your posts before you hit the "submit" button. It will cost us far less time arguing over your inability to grasp what it is you're arguing.

Forum List

Back