Obamacare will question your sex life

Conservatives - Waaaaahhh Obama gonna ask me about mah sex life and Michelle gonna water board me, gwaaahhhhh

Not at all. Syphilis tests have been mandatory in the past. As early as 1938 New York made it a mandatory test to get a marriage license. Was mandatory testing instrumental in finding a cure, I doubt it. The discovery of penicillin was the most instrumental part of curing syphilis.

No test has ever been mandatory for everyone going to a doctor, even in Soviet Russia. The more you lie, the dumber you look.

Because that masculine MANLY MAN with the BARE CHEST would never DO such a thing.

He's HAWT and all, MASCULINE, and would never even be INTERESTED in such shit, only the WARS that lead to PROFIT. The SWEETHEART of the American RIGHT would never, not EVER have a brocrush on THE EVIL EMPIRE we waged the COLD WAR against...

That's right, VLAD, the sound you hear is the "Sweetheart of Sigma Chi" sung by the American Right, almost as if it was against their own will, and somehow still, something they can't resist.

No, because it has NEVER BEEN MANDATORY.

That does not mean doctors don't ask if they feel it is pertinent, just that it is not required by the FUCKING GOVERNMENT.

Understand the difference, or do you want to keep ranting about how stupid you are?

Doctors, not Obamacare, will ask you about your sex life | The Incidental Economist

When I was a medical student, my teachers explained that – as physicians – we would be privy to people’s most private information. They would tell us things about themselves that they might tell no other human being. It was stressed that this was an honor, something to be noted and respected. We would keep those things secret, both by law and by social contract......

As an adult, when I go to a checkup, my doctors still asks me about my sexual health. They ask if I’m sexually active. The best among them have the courage to ask if I’m sexually active with anyone other than my wife. Why? Not because they’re prying busybodies; they ask because having multiple sexual partners greatly increases your risk of sexually transmitted infections. They’re looking out for my health, and want to advise me best on how to manage it.

Understand, please, that I can refuse to answer these questions. I can also lie. How would they know? But lying about my sexual activity to my physician would be akin to lying about my aches and pains. If I don’t tell the physician what’s going on, it’s hard for him or her to help me.

This is the way it’s always been.
Not surprisingly, this latest "sky is falling" crap is from our old fave liars -- Murdoch via Betsy McCaughey and rw's aren't smart enough to do any research for themselves.

Apparently, they're also too dumb to talk openly and honestly to their doctor.

That only makes sense if you ignore the reality that government regulations implemented through Obamacare will require doctors to always ask, and that doctors will no longer be able to keep government out of medical records because they have to be available online.

In other words, it only makes sense of you are an idiot.

But that's different..

CDC - NCHHSTP - Tuskegee Study - Timeline

that could never go wrong.

The study initially involved 600 black men – 399 with syphilis, 201 who did not have the disease. The study was conducted without the benefit of patients' informed consent. Researchers told the men they were being treated for "bad blood," a local term used to describe several ailments, including syphilis, anemia, and fatigue. In truth, they did not receive the proper treatment needed to cure their illness. In exchange for taking part in the study, the men received free medical exams, free meals, and burial insurance. Although originally projected to last 6 months, the study actually went on for 40 years.
CDC - NCHHSTP - Tuskegee Study - Timeline

You support the government that did that, while I think it should be cut to the bare bones so that it can't do it again.

Which of us is crazy?

I didn't support that, wasn't even alive. YOU support control of the government that would let private industry DO it and PROFIT from it. Cut THAT shit, sparky, we'll talk. OR NOT, I like to know who or what I'm dealing with. Show me your face.

You support the government that did that, while I think it should be cut to the bare bones so that it can't do it again.

Which of us is crazy?

I didn't support that, wasn't even alive. YOU support control of the government that would let private industry DO it and PROFIT from it. Cut THAT shit, sparky, we'll talk. OR NOT, I like to know who or what I'm dealing with. Show me your face.

I said you support the government that did that.

When you find a single post where I ever supported the government sticking its nose into anyone's life, even when it was something that I personally think is a good idea, you can come back and act like you scored a point. If private industry does it, I can decide not to do business with them, I can't not do business with the government.

Last edited:
No test has ever been mandatory for everyone going to a doctor, even in Soviet Russia. The more you lie, the dumber you look.

Because that masculine MANLY MAN with the BARE CHEST would never DO such a thing.

He's HAWT and all, MASCULINE, and would never even be INTERESTED in such shit, only the WARS that lead to PROFIT. The SWEETHEART of the American RIGHT would never, not EVER have a brocrush on THE EVIL EMPIRE we waged the COLD WAR against...

That's right, VLAD, the sound you hear is the "Sweetheart of Sigma Chi" sung by the American Right, almost as if it was against their own will, and somehow still, something they can't resist.

That does not mean doctors don't ask if they feel it is pertinent, just that it is not required by the FUCKING GOVERNMENT.

Understand the difference, or do you want to keep ranting about how stupid you are?

How stupid am I Quantum? WHAT political party came up with trans vaginal ultrasounds? Was that the left, or the right? School me, motherfucker.

Which of us is crazy?

When you find a single post where I ever supported the government sticking its nose into anyone's life, even when it was something that I personally think is a good idea, you can come back and act like you scored a point. If private industry does it, I can decide not to do business with them, I can't not do business with the government.

When you find a single post where I ever supported the government sticking its nose into anyone's life, even when it was something that I personally think is a good idea, you can come back and act like you scored a point.

Back atcha, sparky.

How stupid am I Quantum? WHAT political party came up with trans vaginal ultrasounds? Was that the left, or the right? School me, motherfucker.

Maybe you need a shrink for that hostility of yours.

they understand perfectly well. they just play dumb - it's a sound bite from the brainwashers.

Conservatives - Waaaaahhh Obama gonna ask me about mah sex life and Michelle gonna water board me, gwaaahhhhh

Well, i guess I would be less worried if I didn't have anything to share. But I consider my intimate encounters with my wife as sacred and private and dont really feel like sharing them without a reason to.

I am not a Republican, so my point still stands. I am always against government forcing one person to do something because another person thinks it is a good idea, even if I am the one that thinks it is a good idea. You, on the other hand, support government tyranny, which means you are stuck with it even when it is the other people who impose their version of it.

That does not make me the crazy one.

When you find a single post where I ever supported the government sticking its nose into anyone's life, even when it was something that I personally think is a good idea, you can come back and act like you scored a point.
Back atcha, sparky.

You supported Obamacare in this thread, you want me to find other places you support big government?

Obamacare will question your sex life | New York Post

‘Are you sexually active? If so, with one partner, multiple partners or same-sex partners?”

Be ready to answer those questions and more the next time you go to the doctor, whether it’s the dermatologist or the cardiologist and no matter if the questions are unrelated to why you’re seeking medical help. And you can thank the Obama health law.

“This is nasty business,” says New York cardiologist Dr. Adam Budzikowski. He called the sex questions “insensitive, stupid and very intrusive.” He couldn’t think of an occasion when a cardiologist would need such information — but he knows he’ll be pushed to ask for it.

The president’s “reforms” aim to turn doctors into government agents, pressuring them financially to ask questions they consider inappropriate and unnecessary, and to violate their Hippocratic Oath to keep patients’ records confidential.

Embarrassing though it may be, you confide things to a doctor you wouldn’t tell anyone else. But this is entirely different.

Doctors and hospitals who don’t comply with the federal government’s electronic-health-records requirements forgo incentive payments now; starting in 2015, they’ll face financial penalties from Medicare and Medicaid. The Department of Health and Human Services has already paid out over $12.7 billion for these incentives.

Aren't these questions pretty much asked already anyways?:confused:

Well, i guess I would be less worried if I didn't have anything to share. But I consider my intimate encounters with my wife as sacred and private and dont really feel like sharing them without a reason to.

Dude calm the fuck down with this victim shit. A doctor will ask for MEDICAL reasons not how tight your wife is or what her favorite position is.

Jesus

Dude calm the fuck down with this victim shit. A doctor will ask for MEDICAL reasons not how tight your wife is or what her favorite position is.

Jesus

Why are people tripping me out? Docs ask these questions regularly.:confused:

Doctors, not Obamacare, will ask you about your sex life | The Incidental Economist

When I was a medical student, my teachers explained that – as physicians – we would be privy to people’s most private information. They would tell us things about themselves that they might tell no other human being. It was stressed that this was an honor, something to be noted and respected. We would keep those things secret, both by law and by social contract......

As an adult, when I go to a checkup, my doctors still asks me about my sexual health. They ask if I’m sexually active. The best among them have the courage to ask if I’m sexually active with anyone other than my wife. Why? Not because they’re prying busybodies; they ask because having multiple sexual partners greatly increases your risk of sexually transmitted infections. They’re looking out for my health, and want to advise me best on how to manage it.

Understand, please, that I can refuse to answer these questions. I can also lie. How would they know? But lying about my sexual activity to my physician would be akin to lying about my aches and pains. If I don’t tell the physician what’s going on, it’s hard for him or her to help me.

This is the way it’s always been.

Not surprisingly, this latest "sky is falling" crap is from our old fave liars -- Murdoch via Betsy McCaughey and rw's aren't smart enough to do any research for themselves.

Apparently, they're also too dumb to talk openly and honestly to their doctor.

Wait you mean the doctors are asking this and not the piece of paper the bill is written on? Now who would have ever thought that? I mean other than anyone with a freakin brain.

Forum List

Back