Obama's Best Words

He kept the Trump bashing to a minimum
Why is he minimally trashing Trump during the eulogy? A funeral is not the place for a man to air out his personal politics. That is super inappropriate.
It would be super inappropriate, if that is what he did. He didn't. If you read the words he actually said, both sides need to own them. If you decided that the shoe fits, by all means wear it, but that is not how I took it. It was a brief admonishment to us all. I guess I should have put those words in quotes; it is what the Trump supporters are calling "bashing."

I found Obama's primary message more important, which is what I meant in the OP.
You yourself said Obama ‘kept the Trump bashing to a minimum’, ergo he did some Trump bashing - and at a funeral.
Really low class.

Sounds like the oldlady is getting even more mushy up in the dome? who woulda thunk it possible?

Their kind have screwed up America into an unrecoverable economic mess to pass on to their Children.

Now they resist legitimate attempts to repair 50 years of catastrophy. Forgive me whilst I urinate on your caskets, you phony bastards.

Not only that I hope you suffer greatly to your end. Normal folks can't afford the care or drugs mcshitstain negotiated for the elite.

Them vs. US. Die scum die. Battery going now.......

I know there are a lot of threads on the eulogies given at McCain's funeral yesterday, but I don't want this to start out in a thread where the OP is bashing Obama, at least. So I hope you understand me adding one more.

I listened to his whole remarks, and I thought a couple things:

- He kept the Trump bashing to a minimum--and actually the brief sally into "political discourse nowadays" was words that could apply to both sides of the argument.
- From Obama's perspective, McCain was no RINO. lol

And then, my absolute favorite part:

We would talk about policy and we'd talk about family and we'd talk about the state of our politics. And our disagreements didn't go away during these private conversations. Those were real and they were often deep. but we enjoyed the time we shared away from the bright lights and we laughed with each other and we learned from each other and we never doubted the other man's sincerity or the other patriotism or that when all was said and done, we were on the same team. We never doubted we were on the same team. For all of our differences, we shared a fidelity to the ideals for which generations of Americans have marched and fought and sacrificed and given their lives.

And that, folks, is what it is supposed to be about. A Democratic Republic is essentially one concept on how the country is structured and led. For all the talk of making America great again, are we missing the "America" part altogether? Although we can disagree on policy or who our favorite leader-to-be is, the idea that we are ultimately in the same boat, keeping our ship in the channel together, is a crucial one.

That's all.
The asshole that told McCain to his face “ I won John” talking about being on the same team. LMAO!

Here are some of Obama's best words:

You can keep your doctor...…. .Period!!!
You can keep your health plan...…..Period!!!
Your healthcare insurance costs will go down!
You didn't build that!!!
He could have looked like my son!
The police acted stupidly.

If you read the words he actually said, both sides need to
I know there are a lot of threads on the eulogies given at McCain's funeral yesterday, but I don't want this to start out in a thread where the OP is bashing Obama, at least. So I hope you understand me adding one more.

- He kept the Trump bashing to a minimum--and actually the brief sally into "political discourse nowadays" was words that could apply to both sides of the argument.

We would talk about policy and we'd talk about family and we'd talk about the state of our politics. And our disagreements didn't go away during these private conversations. Those were real and they were often deep. but we enjoyed the time we shared away from the bright lights and we laughed with each other and we learned from each other and we never doubted the other man's sincerity or the other patriotism or that when all was said and done, we were on the same team. We never doubted we were on the same team. For all of our differences, we shared a fidelity to the ideals for which generations of Americans have marched and fought and sacrificed and given their lives.

And that, folks, is what it is supposed to be about. A Democratic Republic is essentially one concept on how the country is structured and led. For all the talk of making America great again, are we missing the "America" part altogether? Although we can disagree on policy or who our favorite leader-to-be is, the idea that we are ultimately in the same boat, keeping our ship in the channel together, is a crucial one.

That's all.
But we aren’t on the same team! Your team has publicly declared themselves as the opposition team. So while your words are noble your actions.........not so much.
I don't have a "team." But if I did, the fact that you and I disagree should not mean that we forget we are all in favor of a functioning democracy that allows us to choose our course.
Republic. And you need to tell that to the Dems who are spending every last ounce of their being trying to unseat the ELECTED POTUS.

the fact that you and I disagree should not mean that we forget we are all in favor of a functioning democracy that allows us to choose our course.

You mean a functioning Republic?

An Important Distinction: Democracy versus Republic
A Republic, on the other hand, has a very different purpose and an entirely different form, or system, of government. Its purpose is to control The Majority strictly, as well as all others among the people, primarily to protect The Individual’s God-given, unalienable rights and therefore for the protection of the rights of The Minority, of all minorities, and the liberties of people in general. The definition of a Republic is: a constitutionally limited government of the representative type, created by a written Constitution--adopted by the people and changeable (from its original meaning) by them only by its amendment--with its powers divided between three separate Branches: Executive, Legislative and Judicial. Here the term "the people" means, of course, the electorate.

When you're done splitting hairs on my technical misuse of terms, you got anything relevant to say?

Why is he minimally trashing Trump during the eulogy? A funeral is not the place for a man to air out his personal politics. That is super inappropriate.
It would be super inappropriate, if that is what he did. He didn't. If you read the words he actually said, both sides need to own them. If you decided that the shoe fits, by all means wear it, but that is not how I took it. It was a brief admonishment to us all. I guess I should have put those words in quotes; it is what the Trump supporters are calling "bashing."

I found Obama's primary message more important, which is what I meant in the OP.
You yourself said Obama ‘kept the Trump bashing to a minimum’, ergo he did some Trump bashing - and at a funeral.
Really low class.
These people bring politics into EVERYTHING.

Really low class.
When you start discussing AFTER reading my posts, we'll talk.
If you read the words he actually said, both sides need to own them. If you decided that the shoe fits, by all means wear it, but that is not how I took it. It was a brief admonishment to us all. I guess I should have put those words in quotes; it is what the Trump supporters are calling "bashing."

Really low class.
When you start discussing AFTER reading my posts, we'll talk.
If you read the words he actually said, both sides need to own them. If you decided that the shoe fits, by all means wear it, but that is not how I took it. It was a brief admonishment to us all. I guess I should have put those words in quotes; it is what the Trump supporters are calling "bashing."
You correctly admitted Obama engaged in some Trump bashing, as has most of the press.
It was a shameful thing to do at a funeral, but I’m not in the least surprised.
I’m not sure why you’re trying to backpedal now, but have at it if it makes you feel better.

we never doubted the other man's sincerity or the other patriotism or that when all was said and done, we were on the same team. We never doubted we were on the same team
And therein lies the problem. "We" thank God trump is not part of that team.

Last edited:

That's all.
That bold printed part may be some of the greatest hypocrisy in world history, coming from a hack leader who did everything possible to exacerbate segregation.

That's all.
That bold printed part may be some of the greatest hypocrisy in world history, coming from a hack leader who did everything possible to exacerbate segregation.
How so?

That's all.
_________________________________-
Turd%20Polish.gif

cae6f5467f8363680c88c42a86ce1b3c38af24ede5e337418c0d0ca920a9f0da.gif

Turd%20Polish.gif

Turd%20Polish.gif

That's all.
I thought his best words were “ good bye, I’m leaving the White House”.

Forum List

Back