obama's christmas tree tax

Because its not a union moron. The Christmas tree farmers aren't trying to negotiate with their employer, they're trying to promote their product.

Do you understand what words mean?

Are growers that don't want to participate allowed to "opt" out of the advertising fees? If not, then they are being forced to pay dues to support a program for the collective.

Yes they are. They benefit as a group.

For some to say they want to sit back and let others pay to advertise their product is not the way it works.

Only a Republican would want to do that

Who is forcing the others to advertise the product?

So what.......

Most of the people I know have real trees.

What a convincing argument.

If plastic trees are a problem then let the tree owners raise prices by 15 cents or ask for donations - which would probably generate more revenue than a tax....

So its your opinion that the tree owners should ask for handouts instead of advertising their product? That's a REALLY capitalistic viewpoint!

You've got to be one of the dumbest posters on this board.

does it make sense to anyone that in order to sell more Christmas trees the Christmas tree growers impose a tax on the Christmas trees they're trying to sell? that's just fucking nutz.

does it make sense to anyone that in order to sell more Christmas trees the Christmas tree growers impose a tax on the Christmas trees they're trying to sell? that's just fucking nutz.

Yeah, advertising a product is just insane. Those STUPID cattle ranchers with their "Beef, its what's for dinner" campaign - that effected NOBODY into buying more beef - everyone knows that advertising DOESN'T WORK - just ask all the big corporations who pour billions into advertising each year - why would they pay so much for something if worked?

So what.......

If plastic trees are a problem then let the tree owners raise prices by 15 cents or ask for donations - which would probably generate more revenue than a tax....

So its your opinion that the tree owners should ask for handouts instead of advertising their product? That's a REALLY capitalistic viewpoint!

People have the right to any tree they want asshole...

You understand that you fascist?

So what.......

I never said any different. No one is forcing anyone to buy a particular kind of tree. You are REALLY REALLY stupid.

Please, I beg of you, get the orderlies to increase your meds.

This obviously doesn't add up and that's why he's backing off now. A "voluntary" Tax that everyone is forced to pay? Nothing about this makes any sense. WTG Department of Agriculture.

Hmmm can you find another thread on here where I've come out in support of checkoff programs?

of course not - you didn't even know what they were until someone told you to be against the X-mas tree checkoff

LOLOLOLOL. You advertise your ignorance when you assume you know what knowledge others possess. I've never needed anyone to tell me that it's wrong if you're forced to pay for a service that you didn't request. It's not any different than having some thug show up at your business and inform you that he's going to "protect" your business from other thugs and in return you're going to pay him.

Fining people for making the choices bitch progressives don't agree with is fascism..

They're an "ism."

Of course their Godless asses attack the Christmas tree..

How low can you get??

Progressives have no boundaries.

Hmmm can you find another thread on here where I've come out in support of checkoff programs?

of course not - you didn't even know what they were until someone told you to be against the X-mas tree checkoff

LOLOLOLOL. You advertise your ignorance when you assume you know what knowledge others possess. I've never needed anyone to tell me that it's wrong if you're forced to pay for a service that you didn't request.

Right. You just needed someone to inform you what commodity checkoffs are and that they've been around forever under both parties. If you were an informed voter you wouldn't have to WAIT around for someone to tell you something exists and its bad when its EVERYWHERE. Seriously - did you not wonder who paid for "Beef, its what's for dinner" ? Not until NOW - that's for sure.
It's not any different than having some thug show up at your business and inform you that he's going to "protect" your business from other thugs and in return you're going to pay him.
Right. No difference. Except that X-mas tree farmers actually support this tax - while most businesses don't support thugs breaking in. MINOR detail.

I never said any different. No one is forcing anyone to buy a particular kind of tree. You are REALLY REALLY stupid.

Listen communist bitch - this has NOTHING to do with the government...

You understand that you fucking retard???

Right. Got it. You're in a private hospital.

This has got to be an article from the onion or something.

Why on earth would we need to strengthen the position in the market for the Christmas tree? Isn't that the job of those who sell Christmas trees?

Not only that, but doesn't this create huge First Amendment issues? The Federal Government trying to promote CHRISTMAS TREES? And they are going to TAX CHRISTMAS TREES? I could make an argument against this with both the Establishment clause and the Free exercise clause with current case law.

Seriously, this has to be a joke because I can't fathom that the Administration would be this blatantly stupid.

really?

think about it. this is the same admin that apparently thought selling guns to mexican criminals in arizona was a great idea.

do you want to rethink your statement?

That would be the Bush administration.

yeah, because eric holder is bush's AG. :thup:

fuckwit

$2 million dollars a year to run ads that convince people of the merits of a live tree vs a cheap artificial tree from China

Christmas tree farmers hope ads will stem growth of artificial trees - Business wire - bnd.com

A) its not the governments duty to run ads
B) Wouldn't cutting down trees contradict your environmental allegiance..
C) I don't believe a Goddamn thing you post.

Thanks for playing anarchist

hey, i'm no anarchist and i don't believe a goddamn thing you post, either

Right. Got it. You're in a private hospital.

I'm 31 dummy..

What the fuck do hospitals have to do with Christmas trees???

So what.......

only if you leave

Forum List

Back