Obama's Involvement In Bin Laden Takedown Was Simply A Nod

I lived in AZ during most of McSame's reign and really came to hate him. He's the worst kind of political whore. He seldom bothers to show up for votes, takes long vacations dotted with occasional trips to DC and has a new harebrained scheme just in time to get re-elected.

There was a time when I would have said he should be respected for his POW time but not any more. Like Mitt, he lived off his father's name. And, I have no doubt that Mittens will follow his lead and cost the tax payers enormous bucks - just so he would never have to actually work for a living.

I lived in AZ during most of McSame's reign and really came to hate him. He's the worst kind of political whore. He seldom bothers to show up for votes, takes long vacations dotted with occasional trips to DC and has a new harebrained scheme just in time to get re-elected.

There was a time when I would have said he should be respected for his POW time but not any more. Like Mitt, he lived off his father's name. And, I have no doubt that Mittens will follow his lead and cost the tax payers enormous bucks - just so he would never have to actually work for a living.

Wait a minute.....is Mitt like McCain or like John Edwards.

They tried to make Mitt look like Edwards on The View today.

Why don't you guys just say that Mitt likes to eat the flesh of children while you're at it.

mittromney.jpg

Why don't you guys just say that Mitt likes to eat the flesh of children while you're at it.

mittromney.jpg

I dislike Romney being referred to as "Mittens"; I hope the attempt to make him appear a "demon" FAILS.

mittromney.jpg

Eddie_Munster_closeup-240x300.jpg

That's where Romney was...whoulda' thunk it? :lol:

One hot summer's day a Fox was strolling through an orchard till he came to a bunch of grapes just ripening on a vine which had been trained over a lofty branch. "Just the thing to quench my thirst," quoth he. Drawing back a few paces, he took a run and a jump, and just missed the bunch. Turning round again with a one, two, three, he jumped up, but with no greater success. Again and again he tried after the tempting morsel, but at last had to give it up, and walked away with his nose in the air, saying: "I am sure they are sour."

Speaking of sour-grapes, remember all the screeching that went on when Bush landed on that carrier, when our troops killed Saddam's sons and actually provided proof, when he finally captured Saddam???? Bet you felt it was criminal.

Don't talk about sour-grapes. You're not speaking from a position of strength I assure you.
The screeching, as you put it, when Bush landed on the aircraft carrier was due to the fact that the mission was anything but accomplished. The toll of our dead and wounded tell that story far more eloquently than I ever could. And I don't think there were any responsible Americans complaining about the capture of Saddam. We believed that that event would precipitate the end of that awful war.

But dissing Obama for the killing of bin Laden is, in fact an act of ultimate immaturity and the fable of the fox and the sour grapes is apt.

It all depends on what mission you are referring too.

Abraham Lincoln and the carrier battle group and airwing helped deliver the opening salvos and air strikes in Operation Iraqi Freedom. During her deployment, some 16,500 sorties were flown and 1.6 million pounds of ordnance used. Sea Control Squadron 35 (VS-35), the "Blue Wolves", was instrumental in delivering over 1 million pounds of fuel to these strike aircraft, one of the largest aerial refueling undertakings by a carrier aviation squadron in history. The carrier returned home in May 2003, in the process receiving a visit from President George W. Bush before officially ending Lincoln's deployment by docking at San Diego before returning to home port in Everett, WA. Bush stated at the time that this was the end to major combat operations in Iraq. While this statement did coincide with an end to the conventional phase of the war, Bush's assertion—and the sign itself—became controversial after guerrilla warfare in Iraq increased during the Iraqi insurgency. The vast majority of casualties, both military and civilian, have occurred since the speech. The White House said their services constructed the banner. As explained by Cmdr. Conrad Chun, a Navy spokesman, "The banner was a Navy idea, the ship's idea. The idea popped up in one of the meetings aboard the ship preparing for its homecoming and thought it would be good to have a banner, 'Mission Accomplished.' The sailors then asked if the White House could get the sign made. ... The banner signified the successful completion of the ship's deployment," Cmdr. Chun continued noting that the Abraham Lincoln was deployed 290 days, longer than any other nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in history.

Speaking of sour-grapes, remember all the screeching that went on when Bush landed on that carrier, when our troops killed Saddam's sons and actually provided proof, when he finally captured Saddam???? Bet you felt it was criminal.

Don't talk about sour-grapes. You're not speaking from a position of strength I assure you.
The screeching, as you put it, when Bush landed on the aircraft carrier was due to the fact that the mission was anything but accomplished. The toll of our dead and wounded tell that story far more eloquently than I ever could. And I don't think there were any responsible Americans complaining about the capture of Saddam. We believed that that event would precipitate the end of that awful war.

But dissing Obama for the killing of bin Laden is, in fact an act of ultimate immaturity and the fable of the fox and the sour grapes is apt.

Abraham Lincoln and the carrier battle group and airwing helped deliver the opening salvos and air strikes in Operation Iraqi Freedom. During her deployment, some 16,500 sorties were flown and 1.6 million pounds of ordnance used. Sea Control Squadron 35 (VS-35), the "Blue Wolves", was instrumental in delivering over 1 million pounds of fuel to these strike aircraft, one of the largest aerial refueling undertakings by a carrier aviation squadron in history. The carrier returned home in May 2003, in the process receiving a visit from President George W. Bush before officially ending Lincoln's deployment by docking at San Diego before returning to home port in Everett, WA. Bush stated at the time that this was the end to major combat operations in Iraq. While this statement did coincide with an end to the conventional phase of the war, Bush's assertion—and the sign itself—became controversial after guerrilla warfare in Iraq increased during the Iraqi insurgency. The vast majority of casualties, both military and civilian, have occurred since the speech. The White House said their services constructed the banner. As explained by Cmdr. Conrad Chun, a Navy spokesman, "The banner was a Navy idea, the ship's idea. The idea popped up in one of the meetings aboard the ship preparing for its homecoming and thought it would be good to have a banner, 'Mission Accomplished.' The sailors then asked if the White House could get the sign made. ... The banner signified the successful completion of the ship's deployment," Cmdr. Chun continued noting that the Abraham Lincoln was deployed 290 days, longer than any other nuclear-powered aircraft carrier in history.

Yes, and those family and friends here in San Diego sure appreciated waiting one more day with their loves ones stopped just in sight of Point Loma so the President could do his little stunt.

Yes, and those family and friends here in San Diego sure appreciated waiting one more day with their loves ones stopped just in sight of Point Loma so the President could do his little stunt.

Do you want me to post my rebuttal to this silly identical statement from this morning????

Some of the men held up by the FLYBOY photo op just said NO COMMENT when asked about the silly Bush "I CAN FLY A PLANE"! commercial.

I lived in San Diego from 77' until 84' and had property there till 2004. And the families didn't wait on Pt Loma but at North Island Naval Air Station. And when Bush landed you couldn't see the ship because flight-ops are not allowed unless you're at least past the curvature of the Earth which is approx 25 miles. Usually flight-ops doesn't start till the ship is 50 miles from shore.

I think the crew appreciated the President landing and personally greeting them, eating chow with them before they went in. It takes all day for a carrier to hook up to the pier. First the Airwing hauls all of their shit off the ship, then Ship's Company finally gets to leave. When I was stationed on the Shitty Kitty it usually took 5 hrs or so after the afterbrow was raised.

So basically, Bush did it so the crew would be delayed the least. Landing on the ship at sea and then leaving by chopper within a few hours kept the crew and their families from waiting for him to get on, shake their hands, then get the fuck off. It seems, after several sea deployments of my own, that Bush took the most thoughtful course of action. It was a stroke of genius, and all the left can do is find fault in it.

Even though very few of them know what in the fuck they're talking about......like yourself.

Why is it that in his entire speech on the carrier deck, Bush never mentioned that the Lincoln had completed it's mission or recognized the crew?

Why is it that in his entire speech on the carrier deck, Bush never mentioned that the Lincoln had completed it's mission or recognized the crew?

You're really full of crap on this.

But what else is new.

You're really full of crap on this.

But what else is new.

Here is the text of the speech by Bush....show where he acknowledges that the crew of the Lincoln has accomplished it's mission. If that was the purpose of his speech under the Mission Accomplished banner......why don't they deserve a mention?

Text Of Bush Speech - CBS News

Change his clothes?

Well...you have never put on a G-suit before...thats for sure.

Waited a day? So you can complain that he interferred with the loved ones who were there to hug their husbands and wives?

Yeah...I guess he could have.

You can tell when you are debating non military. They have no idea what an honor it is for the CiC to meet you on YOUR turf.

And an FYI....A CV group is a family....and they consider the flat top as an island...and the escorts as barrier islands...it is their own little world and very few visitors are allowed....but when the CiC...or an Admiral ask for permission to come aboard?

It is one fucking big deal to them.

Yet folks like you tend to want to make it political and take the thrill away.

Whatever.

I miss the military. Leaving was my biggest mistake....

Being in the military sometimes suck under any administration. I joined during Ford, got out under Carter, reuped under Reagan and retired under Clinton. Perhaps you're forgetting the disappointment involved with Democrat Administrations. I remember it clearly.

The Repugs built us up and the Dems tore us down. It's a constant neverending cycle.

Carter downsized because of the end of the VietNam war
Clinton downsized because of the end of the Cold War

What would a Republican President have done?

Why would Carter feel the need to downsize in the midst of The Cold War? Ronald Reagan ended The Cold War. Why would Clinton need to end something Reagan already did? The answer to your question is both Carter and Clinton's successors, Republicans, beefed us up to build a Defense that would end the Cold War and build an intel infrastructure that helped US get Bin Laden. The current President was smart enough to leave this good Intel infrastructure in place to give the nod to kill Bin Laden.

Being in the military sometimes suck under any administration. I joined during Ford, got out under Carter, reuped under Reagan and retired under Clinton. Perhaps you're forgetting the disappointment involved with Democrat Administrations. I remember it clearly.

The Repugs built us up and the Dems tore us down. It's a constant neverending cycle.

Carter downsized because of the end of the VietNam war
Clinton downsized because of the end of the Cold War

What would a Republican President have done?

Why would Carter feel the need to downsize in the midst of The Cold War? Ronald Reagan ended The Cold War. Why would Clinton need to end something Reagan already did? The answer to your question is both Carter and Clinton's successors, Republicans, beefed us up to build a Defense that would end the Cold War and build an intel infrastructure that helped US get Bin Laden. The current President was smart enough to leave this good Intel infrastructure in place to give the nod to kill Bin Laden.

Do you understand how many troops we had in VietNam? Why would you want to maintain that troop strength without a war. Cold War forces in Europe remained constant.

Reagan did not end the Cold War. It happened under Bush. Force restructuring in a post cold war military did not begin until Clinton

Forum List

Back