Obama's Iraq Failure

every single rw'er in this thread is a panty waist life-long civilian. You think your opinions on this matter carry any weight AT ALL?
bwhaha.gif
I'm actually an older vet, and my brother-in-law pulled multiple tours in Iraq and Afghanistan. Care to state your qualifications?

Questions that nobody has clearly answered..
1). How is it we went into Iraq when it was bin laden who orchestrated the 9 11 attacks?
2). Why were we in such a RUSH to go to war? There HAD to be more than just Hussein or WMD's...They were no threat to us.
3). Why haven't the Iraqi armies stood up and fought? Why do they need us there? If they don't want to fight for their country then I guess let the wackos take it. They don't seem too excited to fight off the terrorists. Shouldn't take this long to get your act together and if it does there is something wrong. Radically wrong.

I agree with you in part. al-Maliki sucked, even though he was duly elected. But Obama should have never pulled the entire U.S. Military out.

His generals told him not to....the Pentagon told him not to....but Obama did it anyway.

The current Iraq is what we got.

Except- first, most Americans didn't want to keep troops in Iraq.

Second, the Iraqis themselves didnt' want the Americans to stay.

When the last troops pulled out, Maliki got on national TV and boasted "We repelled the invaders!"
Seriously? And this was "our" guy?

The thing is the Iraqi Politics were going to unfold the way they did if we had troops in there or not. Iraq is a nice legal fiction, but the three major nationalities in the country have no real interest in being "Iraqis".

We achieved every goal we set. And then Obama got in office.
Yes, yes he did
exp.sot.obama.bin.laden.cnn.640x360.jpg

Oops, I guess you didn't achieve that goal. Not that OBL was a priority for Bush
He personally shot OBL, right?
No, actually he was about to chicken shit off the mission until Biden shook him awake.
Obama didnt get OBL. He did get Chris Stevens though.

Obama said this regarding Iraq.

When President Barack Obama removed the last U.S. forces from Iraq in December 2011, he announced that—as he had planned—the U.S. was leaving behind a “sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government.”

It was a "moment of success," he said.

FLASHBACK Obama We re Leaving Behind a Sovereign Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq CNS News

Now we all know Iraq is in chaos. Should Obama and Hillary Clinton be held responsible....and if so....how?
I find it absolutely amazing, absolutely incredible that you people try to blame Obama for Iraq. We would not even have been there had it not been for GW BUSH. GW left this humongous mess behind him; he was completely unable to fix anything. If he'd continued to be in charge of that mess, we'd still be there and our men and women would still be dying.

Obama tried to clean up the mess and get us out of there, as the people in our country wanted. The fact he did so is a credit to him. The fact the country is still in some chaos is not Obama's fault. Much of it has to do with ISIS, which was not a factor when we left the country. If we were still in Iraq, you'd be blaming Obama for not getting us out.

Your opinion is ridiculous and foolish---as well as exceptionally partisan and blind to reality.

Obama said this regarding Iraq.

When President Barack Obama removed the last U.S. forces from Iraq in December 2011, he announced that—as he had planned—the U.S. was leaving behind a “sovereign, stable and self-reliant Iraq, with a representative government.”

It was a "moment of success," he said.

FLASHBACK Obama We re Leaving Behind a Sovereign Stable and Self-Reliant Iraq CNS News

Now we all know Iraq is in chaos. Should Obama and Hillary Clinton be held responsible....and if so....how?
I find it absolutely amazing, absolutely incredible that you people try to blame Obama for Iraq. We would not even have been there had it not been for GW BUSH. GW left this humongous mess behind him; he was completely unable to fix anything. If he'd continued to be in charge of that mess, we'd still be there and out men and women would still be dying.

Obama tried to clean up the mess and get us out of there, as the whole country wanted. The fact he did so is a credit to him. The fact the country is still in some chaos is not Obama's fault. Much of it has to do with ISIS, which was not a factor when we left the country. If we were still in Iraq, you'd be blaming Obama for not getting us out.

Your opinion is ridiculous and foolish---and exceptionally partisan and blind to reality.
Iraq was a stable democracy when Bush left office. Obama said so himself. The mess came when Obama came into office.
WHat part of that did yu miss?

We achieved every goal we set. And then Obama got in office.
Yes, yes he did
exp.sot.obama.bin.laden.cnn.640x360.jpg

Oops, I guess you didn't achieve that goal. Not that OBL was a priority for Bush

And this has changed what, precisely?
Nothing. Bush's policies had marginalized Obama so much he was not a force anymore. He was merely a symbol of terrorism. That's why they didnt spend much time getting him. Bush had more important things to do than angle for photo ops and cute phrases to get re-elected. Obama, not so much.

So "if" Hilary does manage to get elected, who will she blame when she sends combat troops into Iraq?
if Hillary gets elected, the remaining conservatives will move out of new york knowing what's coming there way.

If every conservative in the US left the country, we would be better off. It is the right wing that is destroying this country--misuse of economic regulations, misuse of tax regulations, greed, hatred of the poor and of ethnic minorities, and deep, deep seated anger and animosity toward anyone and anything that is not right wing conservatism and conservative Christianity. Anger, racism, lying about and manipulating anything they can in order to produce propaganda. The US was not like this 30 years ago before people like Limbaugh became your idols and thought leaders. It is those people and what they have made of the minds of the conservatives that have ruined America; it is their type of proselytizing that has caused such deep seated partisanship in this country, and it is this that is tearing our country apart. The country would be immensely better off if you all took a slow boat to China. We would be able to put this country back together and get on with positive, productive work.

Last edited:
So "if" Hilary does manage to get elected, who will she blame when she sends combat troops into Iraq?
if Hillary gets elected, the remaining conservatives will move out of new york knowing what's coming there way.
If every conservative in the US left the country, we would be better off. It is the right wing that is destroying this country--misuse of economic regulations, misuse of tax regulations, greed, hatred of the poor and of ethnic minorities, and deep, deep seated anger and animosity toward anyone and anything that is not right wing conservatism and conservative Christianity. Anger, racism, lying about and manipulating anything they can in order to produce propaganda. The US was not like this 30 years ago before people like Limbaugh became your idols and though leaders. It is those people and what they have made of the minds of the conservatives that have ruined America and what has caused such deep partisanship in this country and what is tearing this country apart. We would all be better off if you all took a slow boat to China. We would be able to put this country back together and get on with positive, productive work.
blahblahblah. Shut the fuck up. You know absolutely nothing but what Rachel Maddow feeds you on her show. I have no time for that.

If every conservative in the US left the country, we would be better off. It is the right wing that is destroying this country--misuse of economic regulations, misuse of tax regulations, greed, hatred of the poor and of ethnic minorities, and deep, deep seated anger and animosity toward anyone and anything that is not right wing conservatism and conservative Christianity. Anger, racism, lying about and manipulating anything they can in order to produce propaganda. The US was not like this 30 years ago before people like Limbaugh became your idols and thought leaders. It is those people and what they have made of the minds of the conservatives that have ruined America and what has caused such deep partisanship in this country and what is tearing this country apart. We would all be better off if you all took a slow boat to China. We would be able to put this country back together and get on with positive, productive work.

Why not the far left drones who want the government to control every aspect of their lives move out of the country?

Many places in Europe, China and N. Korea that you drones would love..

If every conservative in the US left the country, we would be better off./QUOTE]

If ever conservative left this country, you would become Mr. Roger's Neighborhood, and open to destruction by foreign entities.
~Another absolutely ludicrous contention by a right winger. When are you guys going to learn how to think and how to be honest in your thinking?

ISIS is no more likely to carry out attacks on the US if they take over all of Iraq.

Screw Iraq, they are grown ups.

Quit trying to justify the stupid decision, supported by most Americans, to go in there.

If any politician deserves blame, it would be Bush, but we allowed him to do it, and many supported it. We were a bloodthirsty nation at that time.

Obama is just stuck with righties blaming everything that happens now over there, on him.

See how the far left comes out in this one.

Obama is the current president, but to the far left you would think that Bush is still in charge..

That being said he owns Iraq now because of a cut and run strategy to appease the smallest base of the party.

But then again to the far left drones the history of Iraq started in 2003 and caused 9/11..
cut and run.....geeze, you are going back a ways for that talking point, aren't you.

I don't want Obama to bring peace to Iraq, I don't want our military there. They're not a threat to us now, and they weren't in 2004.

The right's position, if to have any credibility, needs people to believe there is a way for the US to make Iraq stable, and the only way to do that is to be their police force, with 200,000 troops there all the time.

We can't afford that. How many other countries would just line for us to be their police, for free?
and the rw'ers call themselves budget hawks :eusa_eh: :rofl:
Oh they're big spenders too, just not on things Democrats want

You mean like spending money on constitutional items such as the military?
I don't expect you to remember, but I hate sentences that start out with "You mean" or "So what you're saying is..."

I have yet to see one of those kinds of sentences encapsulate my views accurately.

I have nothing against military spending, what I don't want are those dollars to go to pay for a job the Iraqis need to do for themselves, and if they perish if they don't, it's not our fault.

ISIS is no more likely to carry out attacks on the US if they take over all of Iraq.

Screw Iraq, they are grown ups.

Quit trying to justify the stupid decision, supported by most Americans, to go in there.

If any politician deserves blame, it would be Bush, but we allowed him to do it, and many supported it. We were a bloodthirsty nation at that time.

Obama is just stuck with righties blaming everything that happens now over there, on him.

See how the far left comes out in this one.

Obama is the current president, but to the far left you would think that Bush is still in charge..

That being said he owns Iraq now because of a cut and run strategy to appease the smallest base of the party.

But then again to the far left drones the history of Iraq started in 2003 and caused 9/11..
cut and run.....geeze, you are going back a ways for that talking point, aren't you.

I don't want Obama to bring peace to Iraq, I don't want our military there. They're not a threat to us now, and they weren't in 2004.

The right's position, if to have any credibility, needs people to believe there is a way for the US to make Iraq stable, and the only way to do that is to be their police force, with 200,000 troops there all the time.

We can't afford that. How many other countries would just line for us to be their police, for free?

So based on that far left logic after WWII the world should just have let Germany rebuild their military.

Then again proving that the far left still believes the history of Iraq started in 2003.
We needed to stay in Europe to keep Russians out.

In Iraq, there is no equivalent to the Russians

I guess in the far left mindset Iran does not exist in the region..
Israel has 200+ nukes sitting in cruise missiles ready to go right now.

They can hold the Iranians accountable

Forum List

Back