Obama's message, "it's too damn hard"

He's making excuses because he's utterly clueless as how to proceed.
He isn't clueless. He isn't going to proceed against jihadists. They're his people. He's worked hard to support them, he's not going to undo all that hard work by killing them off now that he has them established here.

Ground wars don't work? What are you....like 3?
WW1
WW11
Civil War
American Revolutionary War

How's Obamas strategy working? A plane downed 3 weeks ago. 3 men had to stop an attack on a train. 120 dead in France.

So tell me...curious.....Mr. Ground Wars Don't Work......Apparently we are taking credit for giving the intel as to where the training camp and munitions depot was for France to destroy last night.

If we had that information....why had we not hit it already? Is that part of the strategy? Don't hit training camps and munitions depots?

It does not take rocket science to know that if you destroy a training camp, you are killing mostly new recruits who got to die before even entering the fight.....maybe that would kill morale and slow down their recruiting process? Maybe?

But no....that's not part of the strategy. Instead, the strategy is to kill "popular" targets like Jihadi John....you know...the targets that do very little to slow the enemy.....but look great on a list of accomplishments!

Excuse me, I should have qualified ground wars don't work on enemies that don't wear uniforms and don't fight from behind front lines, or any lines for that matter, unless you haven't noticed.

You left Viet Nam off your list. You know the Viet Nam war that we lost, too.
that ground war worked for the North. Ground wars work. When the enemy is difficult to find such as ISIS, it does not mean we should say "well, a ground war against this enemy will not work so we wont engage them"....you find a way to make them work.

But you did not explain why our strategy does not include the elimination of training camps and munitions depots....why did we know where they were but not take them out?

Anything?

So 10 years in Iraq means what to you? Victory? 1,000,000 wounded is called winning?
The military mocked Bush for making them cut the tail off the snake instead of the head.
And they were right, because the head survived and became ISIS. Thanks, Bush.

But then again, the one who says "ground wars don't work" is the same one who says that an accomplished brain surgeon is "Doctor Knowlittle".

A bit ironic. No?

WW1
WW11
Civil War

How's Obamas strategy working? A plane downed 3 weeks ago. 3 men had to stop an attack on a train. 120 dead in France.

So tell me...curious.....Mr. Ground Wars Don't Work......Apparently we are taking credit for giving the intel as to where the training camp and munitions depot was for France to destroy last night.

If we had that information....why had we not hit it already? Is that part of the strategy? Don't hit training camps and munitions depots?

It does not take rocket science to know that if you destroy a training camp, you are killing mostly new recruits who got to die before even entering the fight.....maybe that would kill morale and slow down their recruiting process? Maybe?

But no....that's not part of the strategy. Instead, the strategy is to kill "popular" targets like Jihadi John....you know...the targets that do very little to slow the enemy.....but look great on a list of accomplishments!

Excuse me, I should have qualified ground wars don't work on enemies that don't wear uniforms and don't fight from behind front lines, or any lines for that matter, unless you haven't noticed.

that ground war worked for the North. Ground wars work. When the enemy is difficult to find such as ISIS, it does not mean we should say "well, a ground war against this enemy will not work so we wont engage them"....you find a way to make them work.

But you did not explain why our strategy does not include the elimination of training camps and munitions depots....why did we know where they were but not take them out?

Anything?

So 10 years in Iraq means what to you? Victory? 1,000,000 wounded is called winning?
The military mocked Bush for making them cut the tail off the snake instead of the head.
if you had any understanding of military operations.....it is not about "winning"...it is about accomplishing a mission. There are no winners in war. Everyone loses.

Grow up and I suggest you get off the Bush thing. He has been out for 7 years...and history will judge him the correct way........and you will likely cry everytime you read about his legacy.

LOL @ ground wars don't work. Moron

LOL...Show us the data that we won in Iraq and Afghanistan....Or STFU.
Your man is the one who took claim for the success in both after he withdrew the troops.

So you tell me, child.

Obama didn't claim victory, he merely followed the SOFA treaty to withdraw troops that Bush had set up in 2010.
But thanks for your biased propaganda gathering from rightwing blogs. Here's what he really said:

CBS NEWS December 12, 2011, 6:31 PM
Obama: We leave Iraq with "heads held high"
"""President Obama marked the end of the United States' almost nine-year war in Iraq on Monday, saying at an appearance with Iraqi Prime Minister Nouri al-Maliki that the final U.S. troops leave Iraq this year "with their heads held high."
Mr. Obama is taking something of a victory lap this week for fulfilling his campaign promise to end the war, which will effectively end when the several thousand remaining troops exit the country by December 31. """

Obama: We leave Iraq with "heads held high" - CBS News

WW1
WW11
Civil War

Anything?

if you had any understanding of military operations.....it is not about "winning"...it is about accomplishing a mission. There are no winners in war. Everyone loses.

Grow up and I suggest you get off the Bush thing. He has been out for 7 years...and history will judge him the correct way........and you will likely cry everytime you read about his legacy.

Spin it any way you want, our mission was not accomplished either, was it? If so, please state what Bush and Cheney accomplished in Iraq and Afghanistan.
ISIS was formed by al-Baghdadi in Camp Bucca in Iraq in 2005 when he was detained there with other terrorist captives. They didn't pop out of the ground in 2009 like you idiots would like to believe.

Yes, Bush's absolute failure is his legacy and left an interminable mess for the next POTUS to try to fix.

WW1
WW11
Civil War

You left Viet Nam off your list. You know the Viet Nam war... we lost that too.

And surely you know why Viet Nam went the way it did.
Here's a hint...it's the same reason were losing this one.

WW1
WW11
Civil War

Anything?

Spin it any way you want, our mission was not accomplished either, was it? If so, please state what Bush and Cheney accomplished in Iraq and Afghanistan.
ISIS was formed by al-Baghdadi in Camp Bucca in Iraq in 2005 when he was detained there with other terrorist captives. They didn't pop out of the ground in 2009 like you idiots would like to believe.

Yes, Bush's absolute failure is his legacy and left an interminable mess for the next POTUS to try to fix.
Actually, His VP, Biden gave Obama the credit for a well campaigned final surge in Iraq.

The mission in Afghanistan was to destabilize the Taliban. That was accomplished. The fact that our President did not feel it necessary to renegotiate the SOFA treaty as he was advised to do by his leadership on the ground will go down as one of his biggest boneheaded decisions....and it allowed for the potential resurgence of the Taliban.

In Iraq, the mission was to uncover and destroy the WMD's that the intelligence agencies of almost a dozen countries claimed to have existed. The mission was not accomplished because the intel was incorrect....blame the CIA and the similar agencies of a dozen other nations.

Us idiots don't believe ISIS popped out of the ground you child. We know how it came to be and we sit idly by as we watch them grow and become more emboldened...as our fearless leader makes claims like "they are JV" and "they are contained"..

But again.....why does our strategy only include about 10 sorties a day (compared to as many as 1000 a day during Desert Storm) and NOT include the destruction of munitions depots and training camps?

I suppose you don't see him as kicking the can down the road. Of course you don't. You are a child.

WW1
WW11
Civil War

War is never popular with the people. It takes a Commander in Chief who truly cares about the well being of his country ABOVE his own reputation to go to war.
We don't have that right now. We have a selfish man who only cares about his legacy.

Meh. He is too worried about Russia killing his terrorist buddies in Syria.

WW1
WW11
Civil War

War is never popular with the people. It takes a Commander in Chief who truly cares about the well being of his country ABOVE his own reputation to go to war.
We don't have that right now. We have a selfish man who only cares about his legacy.

I was getting at the politicalization of war.
Politicians shouldnt be calling the shots,our Generals should.

The time has come for Obama..either lead or resign. It's just that simple
He is not going to do either.

Sadly you are correct. He will continue to try and protect his legacy....not realizing his legacy will be off an epic fail

Uh-huh. Sure. He just doesn't want to continue Bush's legacy of 10 years, $4,000,000,000,000, 4500 dead, and almost a million wounded. Ground wars don't work, unless pinheads hadn't noticed.

Report: A Million Veterans Injured In Iraq, Afghanistan Wars
The International Business Times reported Friday that the Department of Veterans Affairs had stopped releasing the number of non-fatal casualties of the Afghanistan and Iraq wars, thus concealing what the paper called a “grim milestone” of 1 million injuries.

All that can be said with any certainty is that as of last December more than 900,000 service men and women had been treated at Department of Veterans Affairs hospitals and clinics since returning from war zones in Iraq and Afghanistan, and that the monthly rate of new patients to these facilities as of the end of 2012 was around 10,000. Beyond that, the picture gets murky. In March, VA abruptly stopped releasing statistics on non-fatal war casualties to the public. However, experts say that there is no reason to suspect the monthly rate of new patients has changed…

VA stopped preparing and releasing these reports on health care use and disability claims involving the 2.6 million U.S. service members who have been deployed to Iraq and Afghanistan without warning, claiming unspecified “security” reasons.

Report: A Million Veterans Injured In Iraq, Afghanistan Wars
Your right since progressives got involved in government. Ground wars aren't won anymore.

WW1
WW11
Civil War

I was getting at the politicalization of war.
Politicians shouldnt be calling the shots,our Generals should.
yes. I agree. My point was, since it is the President who is the Commander in Chief, we need one that does not allow his/her popularity get in the way when it comes to making military decisions....for it results in a disaster...as we saw with Vietnam and as we are seeing in the sand pit today.

WW1
WW11
Civil War

"It takes a Commander in Chief who truly cares about the well being of his country" Yeah, like bush pertecked 'Murica after months of warnings about an attack. Let us know when the murder rate of Americans under Obama is 1/10 that of bush's prezdency.

WW1
WW11
Civil War

"It takes a Commander in Chief who truly cares about the well being of his country" Yeah, like bush pertecked 'Murica after months of warnings about an attack. Let us know when the murder rate of Americans under Obama is 1/10 that of bush's prezdency.

What a dumbass...terrorist have been attacking us long before Bush got to the white house.

Anything?

Actually, His VP, Biden gave Obama the credit for a well campaigned final surge in Iraq.

The mission in Afghanistan was to destabilize the Taliban. That was accomplished. The fact that our President did not feel it necessary to renegotiate the SOFA treaty as he was advised to do by his leadership on the ground will go down as one of his biggest boneheaded decisions....and it allowed for the potential resurgence of the Taliban.

In Iraq, the mission was to uncover and destroy the WMD's that the intelligence agencies of almost a dozen countries claimed to have existed. The mission was not accomplished because the intel was incorrect....blame the CIA and the similar agencies of a dozen other nations.

Us idiots don't believe ISIS popped out of the ground you child. We know how it came to be and we sit idly by as we watch them grow and become more emboldened...as our fearless leader makes claims like "they are JV" and "they are contained"..

But again.....why does our strategy only include about 10 sorties a day (compared to as many as 1000 a day during Desert Storm) and NOT include the destruction of munitions depots and training camps?

I suppose you don't see him as kicking the can down the road. Of course you don't. You are a child.

There was no WMD, no yellow cake from Nigeria. Even Bush admitted that. But there was lots n' lots of money to be made, fool. Your constant blather proves nothing. You link your opinions to no data, just your own biased opinions.

Billions Wasted In Iraq?

U.S. Official Says Oversight Was "Nonexistent"
This story originally aired on Feb. 12, 2006.

"""........ much of the $50 billion, which is more than the annual budget of the Department of Homeland Security, has been handed out to companies in Iraq with little or no oversight.

Billions of dollars are unaccounted for, and there are widespread allegations of waste, fraud and war profiteering. As 60 Minutes correspondent Steve Kroft first reported in February, only one case, the subject of a civil lawsuit, has been unsealed. It involves a company called Custer Battles, and provides a window into the chaos of those early days in Iraq."""

Billions Wasted In Iraq?

While the French are doing everything they can to defeat ISIS "no drama Obama" says it's too damn hard to fight terrorists who have sophisticated weapons and are willing to die for the jihad so we have no strategy. We are a caring Country however so we will welcome potential Syrian terrorists regardless of race religion or creed.
LIAR!

Further proof the Right hears only what they want to hear and NEVER what is actually said.

Interesting. Two observations on my part.....

1) You completely ignored the point being made..and, instead, went on your "Bash Bush" rampage

2) you completely ignored that it was the intel of nearly a dozen countries that claimed there were wmd's

Both observations tell me I am correct. You are a child not worthy of my tie. Cya punk!

Forum List

Back