Obama's Nobel Peace Prize Speech

Did You like Obama's Nobel Prize Acceptance Speech?

• Yes, and I VOTED FOR OBAMA!!!

Votes: 4 28.6%
  • Yes, but I'll never VOTE FOR OBAMA!!!

Votes: 2 14.3%
  • No, and i voted for obama

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • No, I didn't listen, and I'll NEVER, EVER VOTE FOR OBAMA!!

Votes: 8 57.1%

• Total voters
Why didn't I like it? I don't believe anyone at the speech was prepared for the Nobel PEACE PRIZE winner to spend his acceptance speech talking about war and terrorism. I mean, what the hell was all that?

It was a US president saying "Thank's Pointy Headed Europeans; Now, wake up and smell the coffee.":razz:

I got to say, there's just some people that will criticize everything the President does, period.

It'd be kind of amusing if it wasn't so sad.

I mean the man basically told the world, "Hey I don't deserve this, you're crazy for giving it to me, and the US is going to do what the US wants.", and some of these crazy right-wingers STILL criticize him for it.

Hey right-wingers (or some of you anyway): How are you criticizing what Obama said when he was AGREEING WITH YOU???

I got to say, there's just some people that will criticize everything the President does, period.

I mean the man basically told the world, "Hey I don't deserve this, you're crazy for giving it to me, and the US is going to do what the US wants.", and some of these crazy right-wingers STILL criticize him for it.

Hey right-wingers (or some of you anyway): How are you criticizing what Obama said when he was AGREEING WITH YOU???

:clap2::clap2::clap2:

Very well said.

I'm not a huge fan of Obama, but I did listen to the speech and this is exactly what it contained.

Last edited:

Right...I don't deserve this, but I'm going to take it anyways.

Also, while I'm here, I'm going to give an acceptance speech that talks as much about me as anything else, then I'm going to snub your country's King and take a powder on all the other traditional protocols, that display graciousness and gratitude to my hosts.

Obama accepted the award gracefully and humbly but on what merits was he awarded the prize?

Also, while I'm here, I'm going to give an acceptance speech that talks as much about me as anything else, then I'm going to snub your country's King and take a powder on all the other traditional protocols, that display graciousness and gratitude to my hosts.

Since when are you, of all people, concerned about hurting the feelings of the European community?

Seriously?

Concerning the audience, it was not an earthshattering speech

But it did put the US position in perspective

Since when are you, of all people, concerned about hurting the feelings of the European community?

Seriously?
Showing a decent respect for the customs and protocols of people honoring you, no matter where they live (my mom called it having manners and showing a little class), is vastly different from telling people sticking their noses into your business and telling you how to live to buzz off.

Though I don't expect slavish devotees to the boyking to make such distinctions.

Seriously?
Showing a decent respect for the customs and protocols of people honoring you, no matter where they live (my mom called it having manners and showing a little class), is vastly different from telling people sticking their noses into your business and telling you how to live to buzz off.

Though I don't expect slavish devotees to the boyking to make such distinctions.

I only saw the speech.

When did Obama tell "people sticking their noses into [his] business and telling [him] how to live to buzz off?"

[SIZE=+1]Obama - Warming up to Torture?[/SIZE]
Link
Excerpt:
Obama has asked an appeals court to dismiss a lawsuit accusing Bush bastard John Yoo of authorizing torture, saying federal law does not allow damage claims against lawyers who advise the president on national security issues. Such lawsuits ask courts to second-guess presidential decisions and pose "the risk of deterring full and frank advice regarding the military's detention and treatment of those determined to be enemies during an armed conflict," Justice Department lawyers said Thursday in arguments to the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco. Other sanctions are available for government lawyers who commit misconduct, the department said. It noted that its Office of Professional Responsibility has been investigating Yoo's advice to former President George W. Bush since 2004 and has the power to recommend professional discipline or even criminal prosecution.

Wasn't it just one year ago that he was vehemently against torture?

So, you think that taking a position that protects advisors is the same as endorsing torture? I think that says more about you than it does about Obama's position on torture.

Why do white Conservatives despise Obama....pray tell is it because he's coloured?

Obama accepted the award gracefully and humbly but on what merits was he awarded the prize?

None.

Why, would you rather have seen a Chinese Female Midgit with One Eye that had no merits accept the award?

that was specific........but it might as well have been. I just can't help but wonder who else was on the short list for the award.

Obama should not have been given the award. How do you give someone a Peace Prize who just announced he's sending 30K more troops to slaughter the women and children of Afghanistan? This guy is nothing moe than a black Bush.

[SIZE=+1]Obama - Warming up to Torture?[/SIZE]
Link
Excerpt:
Obama has asked an appeals court to dismiss a lawsuit accusing Bush bastard John Yoo of authorizing torture, saying federal law does not allow damage claims against lawyers who advise the president on national security issues. Such lawsuits ask courts to second-guess presidential decisions and pose "the risk of deterring full and frank advice regarding the military's detention and treatment of those determined to be enemies during an armed conflict," Justice Department lawyers said Thursday in arguments to the Ninth U.S. Circuit Court of Appeals in San Francisco. Other sanctions are available for government lawyers who commit misconduct, the department said. It noted that its Office of Professional Responsibility has been investigating Yoo's advice to former President George W. Bush since 2004 and has the power to recommend professional discipline or even criminal prosecution.

Wasn't it just one year ago that he was vehemently against torture?

So, you think that taking a position that protects advisors is the same as endorsing torture? I think that says more about you than it does about Obama's position on torture.

what do you think it says about me?

None.

Why, would you rather have seen a Chinese Female Midgit with One Eye that had no merits accept the award?

that was specific........but it might as well have been. I just can't help but wonder who else was on the short list for the award.

As an American, I prefer to have another American be awarded prizes.

As a Male, I prefer to have Males be awarded prizes

Having a height of 6 feet, I'd rather have taller people win prizes

Having two eyes, I'd rather have someone with two eyes win the prize.

Obama and I have only one thing that's different about us, and its minor.

I think my penis is larger.:eusa_eh:

Forum List

Back