Obama's Secret Rescue Mission in Summer Failed

Anyone who thinks Special Ops is a sure thing really isn't clued in on Special Ops.

A great many operations conducted by our covert forces fail, and people get killed.

Most of these things are extremely risky with a low rate of "success".

What does that have to do with the post you replied to?

Carter had a failure in Iran, Obuma, failed in Syria......

th

The idiot that wrote that must have listened to a differnt speech than I did today, Obama never once vowed to punish ISIS. He did say that the US would do its best to find the people who actually appeared in that video and get them but he didn't say a fucking thing about punishing ISIS. If he did he would have to talk about putting boots on the ground and taking them down the only possible way it can be done. Instead he said that they will lose because only builders can win. I guess he slept through the discussion about the dark ages in history classes, destroyers can easily win the battle in the short term because it is a lot easier to tear things down than build them.

The idiot that wrote that must have listened to a differnt speech than I did today, Obama never once vowed to punish ISIS. He did say that the US would do its best to find the people who actually appeared in that video and get them but he didn't say a fucking thing about punishing ISIS. If he did he would have to talk about putting boots on the ground and taking them down the only possible way it can be done. Instead he said that they will lose because only builders can win. I guess he slept through the discussion about the dark ages in history classes, destroyers can easily win the battle in the short term because it is a lot easier to tear things down than build them.

You didn't see the speech or read the transcript.

That's wholly not true.

Why does it bother you that he announced it today?

Either announce the failure when it happens and take the heat like a man, given how eager Obama is to take credit for operations when they're successful, or keep it a continued secret. Be consistent.

Once again, his motives look nothing but political.....which they are.

He kept it secret while they were still captive - for obvious reasons.
Not obvious enough for partisan OP it would seem.

I served and know why ops remain classified while captives are still in the hands of adversaries. Actually, anyone who can read & apply logic, can figure that one out.

No matter what angle it's looked at from, the only reason for announcing that now is political.

So?

He's a politician. Politics is his job.

Some politicians show a lot more character than others. Governor Nixon immediately comes to mind. Undue influence? Most politicians don't do that crap, especially so blatantly. Some go to great lengths to not appear to be exerting undue influence.

So noooooooo, it's not inherent in politics. Only slimes.

"Character" and "Strength" and all those other flowery words with no real definitions are meaningless.

This was the right move, politically. No question about it.

So this was the right move, politically? Looks to me like he's taking a pounding because of it. In fact he IS taking a pounding for divulging it. The Pentagon is pissed.

No matter what angle it's looked at from, the only reason for announcing that now is political.

So?

Some politicians show a lot more character than others. Governor Nixon immediately comes to mind. Undue influence? Most politicians don't do that crap, especially so blatantly. Some go to great lengths to not appear to be exerting undue influence.

"Character" and "Strength" and all those other flowery words with no real definitions are meaningless.

So I'm curious Doc...you saying you lack character as well as this President? You just implied it's meaningless.

No, I'm saying that your opinions of what "Character" and "Strength" are are meaningless.

They're subjective value judgements, not any sort of quantifiable reality.

I agree they're subjective but that's not the same as meaningless. Integrity can be grey, I agree for example, but it's not meaningless.

I can tell when someone lacks integrity and I can tell when someone lacks character. I don't know what your profession is but in my various professions, I've always been rated on it, and so have my subordinates.

I actually don't mind that Obama kept the failure of this mission to save some of these hostages like Jim Foley secret but it bothers me that the fool is deciding to announce it TODAY.

nothing you say has any relevance once you insert garbage into your post like calling the president a fool.

You're right, I shouldn't have said fool.

He's a spineless, lilly-livered, inept, failure.

Obama doesn't follow the code anyone of strong character follows.

Which is give credit to others in times of success and take responsibility in times of failure. This feckless "leader" has it just the opposite.
You're in what grade???

Not every human succeeds at every en-devour. It's was a better attempt than setting at a key board complaining...

LOL.... says the keyboard typist in the basement to the chick who's used to being on the front lines. Yeahhhhh, some of you libs wouldn't know character if you were offered a million bucks to exhibit one iota of it.

But you were not a soldier like I was....

LOL. You want to throw the first punch denigrating my service little boy? I served 10 years in the military. During Iraq, I saw/did a lot more than you did...and I wasn't even military at the time. You libs can always be counted to be short on facts and long on personal attacks. It's because you can't win on the merits.

And it's always fun helping you to demonstrate it to the world.

Sure buddy, sure...show us your contempt of anything Oblama does, it's what rational people do, right Vern???
You would surely know that the info was put out just like many moves by the military...

I actually think Obama would excel on Madison Ave. In fact I think he could help his causes a lot more by going into marketing and getting the hell out of pretending to be a President. So your premise has been trounced for starters.....:2up:

I thought the Bush-ism's were great and he should have gone on tour with his own show...

My-personal-favourite----bushisms-709211_350_251.jpg

As usual, I'm actually making serious remarks and you're sitting at the little kids' table.

So?

Yeahhh. Well funny how some of us that have it are out fighting the battles for many that don't. That's quite an admission. Hmmm I guess integrity, honesty, truth telling....all examples of naivetee?

i'm pretty sure you've never fought a battle in your life besides running your mouth.

LOL. Says the piss ant to the elephant. Shouldn't you be on a sewing thread or a gardening thread? Because darling, you don't have the first clue.

Obama doesn't follow the code anyone of strong character follows.

Which is give credit to others in times of success and take responsibility in times of failure. This feckless "leader" has it just the opposite.
You're in what grade???

Not every human succeeds at every en-devour. It's was a better attempt than setting at a key board complaining...

LOL.... says the keyboard typist in the basement to the chick who's used to being on the front lines. Yeahhhhh, some of you libs wouldn't know character if you were offered a million bucks to exhibit one iota of it.

But you were not a soldier like I was....FYI, they is no basement here in hill country....for some reason the ground is awful hard...

If she is or was in some sort of military intelligence role (I forget what her boast is) it would give some credence to that old "oxymoron" jibe.

Wow, you're even more clueless than I thought. My gosh, where do they drag some of you liberals from? Romper room? You've done nothing to address the subject. That's because like everything else, he's crashing and burning on divulging secrets.

Fact is Obama put boots on the ground in Syria. Some assholes are so unpatriotic that they want to attack the Commander in Chief for putting boots on the ground in an effort to rescue American hostages. That is how selfish and stuck on themselves and their political egos they are. They are pissed off that the President of the United States said fuck the politics and approved a mission into Syria to rescue Americans. How much more anti American can these people get. They are against attempting to rescue Americans held hostage by foreign terrorist.

Fact is Obama put boots on the ground in Syria. Some assholes are so unpatriotic that they want to attack the Commander in Chief for putting boots on the ground in an effort to rescue American hostages. That is how selfish and stuck on themselves and their political egos they are. They are pissed off that the President of the United States said fuck the politics and approved a mission into Syria to rescue Americans. How much more anti American can these people get. They are against attempting to rescue Americans held hostage by foreign terrorist.

Seriously, I feel like I'm talking to 10 year olds. The problem is not with him trying....though he screwed up by waiting so long to make a decision that the intel was stale....the problem is with divulging secrets.

Either announce the failure when it happens and take the heat like a man, given how eager Obama is to take credit for operations when they're successful, or keep it a continued secret. Be consistent.

Once again, his motives look nothing but political.....which they are.

He kept it secret while they were still captive - for obvious reasons.
Not obvious enough for partisan OP it would seem.

I served and know why ops remain classified while captives are still in the hands of adversaries. Actually, anyone who can read & apply logic, can figure that one out.

Drumroll. And for the dumbest statement yet, you've stepped all over your xxxx. You know why? You just said ops remain classified while captives are still in hands of adversaries....WELL, THERE ARE STILL TWO HOSTAGES IN THE HANDS OF ADVERSARIES, GENIUS.

sources & methods weren't released n000b. :lame2: The only thing that was said is that an op was undertaken in relation to the one journalist

The intelligence was good when it was received but obama dithered, played golf, went to a party, until the hostages were moved.

Forum List

Back