Obama's Secret Rescue Mission in Summer Failed

Why does it bother you that he announced it today?

Either announce the failure when it happens and take the heat like a man, given how eager Obama is to take credit for operations when they're successful, or keep it a continued secret. Be consistent.

Once again, his motives look nothing but political.....which they are.

He kept it secret while they were still captive - for obvious reasons.
I like that he tried.

I don't like that he's bragging about it.....especially since they still have a hostage.

The Pentagon did not release it. The news I have read is that the Obama White House released it. Think they just wanted to let everyone know that they tried something...so they can get political cover. What about the informant that was close enough to give actionable intelligence? Guess his life is done.

Hes saying"Mommy see..I tried.."..followed soon by the faulty intel excuse
Anyone who thinks Special Ops is a sure thing really isn't clued in on Special Ops.

A great many operations conducted by our covert forces fail, and people get killed.

Most of these things are extremely risky with a low rate of "success".
Had it been a failure...and had ISIS known about it, it would have made the headlines. The fact that it was not discovered means it was a successful mission...that was boltons point....why even disclose you did it? Only reason...political.
It wasn't a "failure" in that they probably managed to off more than a few of those fucks from ISIS and not get caught or killed themselves.

But they failed to get the hostages.

The bum obuma ended every relationship we had with intelligence among the people. He decapitated the brass that had the ability to direct such an operation and discharged the personnel capable of carrying it out.

Then it failed.

Let's give Obama credit for the one thing he does extremely well - covering his ass! He's got more excuses than Carter's got liver pills......speaking of Carter......Obama's naive foreign policy is far worse.....

Guess in response Obama will release more Gitmo prisoners...unless it was one of the a Bergdahl 5 that cut this guys head off.

He announced it for political purposes. He wanted credit for trying to free the hostages.

What is utter ridiculous is that he went into detail about the endeavor, giving the terrorists important clues on what to look for when preparing against another attempt to free hostages around the globe. This president just doesn't think.

He thinks more about his golf game than thinking ahead about more important matters a CIC should be consulting his cabinet about.

He is too focused on giving a legal lynching to officer Wilson.

He kept it secret while they were still captive - for obvious reasons.

They? You do know that there are people who are still captive, don't you? They provided so many details in the attempt to make Obama look good that he effectively eliminated any future chances for a rescue.

"Character" and "Strength" and all those other flowery words with no real definitions are meaningless.

This was the right move, politically. No question about it.

If it was really the right move politically I am sure you can provide a detailed analysis to justify it.

If, on the other hand, you cannot actually provide such an analysis, I am free to assume you are simply defending Obama because you are a hack.

Why in the hell would we tell our enemy we had intel? Lying about intel assets is OK and very acceptable. If you told the truth you should be fired and maybe shot.

You just argued that Obama should be fired. Since I am sure you did not really mean that, you must be lying.

John Bolton is a total azzhole. Jerks like him got us into this mess. Some of you actually think Obama gave away a secret to ISIS by making a self serving political message. Ya, like ISIS didn't know about the attempted rescue! Like maybe they won't expect another one.

He did give away a secret, even if you don't understand. In fact, he gave away more than one.

Forum List

Back