🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama's Speech

Gateway Pundit? :D

Real reactions:

"After calling on the president to take additional actions against ISIL, I am encouraged by his statement this evening and his willingness to take strong action to defeat ISIL. Tonight, the president has announced the United States' willingness to lead a coalition to destroy ISIL, and I support these efforts." — Sen. Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

____

"The president is to be commended for his decision to take action against ISIL targets, wherever they are, including Syria." — Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.

Rear Admiral Kirby:

US Armed Forces ready to carry out the orders of the Commander in Chief to carry out mission against ISIL.

Obama Will conduct a systematic campaign of airstrikes will target Syria as well

___

Good luck with that. They have already declared war on us. It is we who have not acknowledged that fact. I could care less what Bush did or didn't do. This is now. Other actions Obama should immediately take is to cancel the passports and citizenships of those American citizens known to have joined with the terrorists groups and move military personnel to our borders and give them the authority to secure our borders. We have plenty of military personnel languishing on our military bases all over the United States doing almost nothing. It is time to protect our own country against all threats foreign and domestic. We should immediately withdraw all foreign aid from countries either harboring or abetting the terrorist in any way and place sanctions against such countries.

Certainly. Forget about ISIS. Talk about Terrorism - all terrorist groups. Put enough ground troops into Iraq and Syria to totally overwhelm the terrorists. Give our military commanders the authority to seek out and destroy the terrorists wherever found without regard for any country's borders. Do the same thing Bush did and let it be known that any country that harbors terrorists are also deemed an enemy of the United States. Do the job and not talk it to death for once. Take the responsibility you swore an oath to.

Obama has kicked the can down the road. He refuses to take the necessary actions that would actually take out enough terrorist to make others thing long and hard about joining them. He refuses to enforce or current immigration laws and secure our borders. He is leaving the burden of action against the terrorist to the next President. The man has totally failed in both his domestic and foreign policies. He is the poorest excuse for a President this country has ever had. Bombing will not work as has already been proven. Bombing will only cause more recruitment for their cause. The next President will inherit a tremendous mess.

So, sit back & do -0-, or what? Please post YOUR ideas.

Bush abandoned the fight against terror to go on the HUNT; that is why we have al-Qaeda, and bin Laden lived on. And ground troops are a tough sell. I am not implying we may not need them, but it the responsibility of those in the region to fight.

Bush abandoned the fight against terror to go on the HUNT; that is why we have al-Qaeda, and bin Laden lived on. And ground troops are a tough sell. I am not implying we may not need them, but it the responsibility of those in the region to fight.

So sad that you have to trot out the Blame Bush theme. Nothing better to say?

Written again, and again. Congress needs to get on this. The prior poster brought up Bush of course.

Written again, and again. Congress needs to get on this. The prior poster brought up Bush of course.

What I said was that Obama should reiterate what Bush said about any country that aided and abetted the enemy. I would have said the very same had those words been spoken by Bill Clinton or anyone else. I was not attempting to begin yet another Bush vs Obama discussion. Any President whether Republican or Democrat should reiterate that same position. I also stated that this is 2014. Bush is not the President now. Obama wanted the job. The job is his. The responsibilities of the job are his. His poll numbers would climb overnight were he to assume those responsibilities in a real and meaningful way. The American people are behind him and want so much for him to lead.

I agree with you about 'We need to get on this.' But apparently Obama is again demanding a blank check with no accounting for how the money is to be used.

For all we know he is going to spend it on life time memberships at golfing clubs.

Boehner agrees with the president on the basics; a start in the correct direction.

John Boehner supports Obama ISIL plan - Jake Sherman and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

My menory of what was SAID is clear, I know Bush SAID..................then wandered into Iraq, giving extremists a recruiting tool. We are here NOW, and must contend with what began in 2007.

Read the transcript, no request for a "blank check"; Boehner understands at least:

House Speaker John Boehner, commenting on President Obama's strategy to defeat Islamic State militants, says Congress has received a request for authorization to train Syrian rebels and "we ought to give the president what he's asking for."

In a cautious show of support for the White House strategy, Boehner, speaking with reporters, said the president's televised speech Wednesday night "made a compelling case for action" to destroy the threat from the extremist group.

"We are doing our due diligence with all our members" on the issue, he said, adding that "we stand ready to work with the president."

The speaker said no decision had been made on the form of a legislative vehicle to approve the authorization for training the Free Syrian Army, as Obama has proposed.

Boehner House GOP Ready To Work With The President The Two-Way NPR

I would love to see a formal declaration of war declared so the other nations would have a "heads up" and forewarning of the consequences of aiding or harboring terrorists. This would also give a more stable footing upon the prosecution for treason of any American citizen joining or helping the terrorists in any way.

Obama has the American people behind him right now. A very high number of Americans today support the deployment of ground troops. It would be a fantastic time for Obama to seize on the momentum the opportunity to rewrite his legacy of a failed Presidency and regain his losses in the polls. I cannot understand why he hasn't done it.

I would love to see a formal declaration of war declared so the other nations would have a "heads up" and forewarning of the consequences of aiding or harboring terrorists. This would also give a more stable footing upon the prosecution for treason of any American citizen joining or helping the terrorists in any way.

Obama has the American people behind him right now. A very high number of Americans today support the deployment of ground troops. It would be a fantastic time for Obama to seize on the momentum the opportunity to rewrite his legacy of a failed Presidency and regain his losses in the polls. I cannot understand why he hasn't done it.

Americans support another war? That is news. We cannot fight the battles of every nation; the mid east must play a role in reversing the disasters. Yes, Iraq began a free fall of US influence, but more US troops invading will not help erase that. The world was behind us after 9/11/01, the US should have not ceased fighting terror in early 2003.

Boehner agrees with the president on the basics; a start in the correct direction.

John Boehner supports Obama ISIL plan - Jake Sherman and John Bresnahan - POLITICO.com

My menory of what was SAID is clear, I know Bush SAID..................then wandered into Iraq, giving extremists a recruiting tool. We are here NOW, and must contend with what began in 2007.

Read the transcript, no request for a "blank check"; Boehner understands at least:

House Speaker John Boehner, commenting on President Obama's strategy to defeat Islamic State militants, says Congress has received a request for authorization to train Syrian rebels and "we ought to give the president what he's asking for."

In a cautious show of support for the White House strategy, Boehner, speaking with reporters, said the president's televised speech Wednesday night "made a compelling case for action" to destroy the threat from the extremist group.

"We are doing our due diligence with all our members" on the issue, he said, adding that "we stand ready to work with the president."

The speaker said no decision had been made on the form of a legislative vehicle to approve the authorization for training the Free Syrian Army, as Obama has proposed.

From your linky....
Obama said. "Our objective is clear: we will degrade, and ultimately destroy, ISIL through a comprehensive and sustained counter-terrorism strategy." - that isn't a strategy, it is a list of buzz words thought military commanderish. What about the moderates in Syria? What about vetting process to make sure we don't get duped like we did earlier by ISIS? ISIS Post PR Photos They Took With John McCain

What about ISIS in Juarez, along our biggest international highways and the hub of the worlds largest network of human trafficking networks? What about ISIS funding; how is that going to be decreased when it is gotten through back channels, black markets and naked theft?

There are no clear specifics on how much will be paid for what? How many Hellfire missiles will they buy? How many sorties will they run per month? For how long? etc, this is all the kind of bland empty phrases and impressive nothing that niave top level managers fall for all the damned time.

Sorry, not impressed, and Speaker Boner signing on means exactly zero in terms of credibility - he has none to lend.

Americans support another war? That is news. We cannot fight the battles of every nation; the mid east must play a role in reversing the disasters. Yes, Iraq began a free fall of US influence, but more US troops invading will not help erase that. The world was behind us after 9/11/01, the US should have not ceased fighting terror in early 2003.

Well, I hate to break it to you but Yes they do. Watch the news and learn the shocking news for yourself.

Well, I hate to break it to you but Yes they do. Watch the news and learn the shocking news for yourself.

From your linky....
Obama said. "Our objective is clear: we will degrade, and ultimately destroy, ISIL through a comprehensive and sustained counter-terrorism strategy." - that isn't a strategy, it is a list of buzz words thought military commanderish. What about the moderates in Syria? What about vetting process to make sure we don't get duped like we did earlier by ISIS? ISIS Post PR Photos They Took With John McCain

What about ISIS in Juarez, along our biggest international highways and the hub of the worlds largest network of human trafficking networks? What about ISIS funding; how is that going to be decreased when it is gotten through back channels, black markets and naked theft?

There are no clear specifics on how much will be paid for what? How many Hellfire missiles will they buy? How many sorties will they run per month? For how long? etc, this is all the kind of bland empty phrases and impressive nothing that niave top level managers fall for all the damned time.

Sorry, not impressed, and Speaker Boner signing on means exactly zero in terms of credibility - he has none to lend.

Expecting War & Peace from a televised speech guarentees disappointment. We shall all wait and see, Hagel and the JCS have the ball now.

The OP waited five seconds after the speech was over to start typing, no time for thought obviously. The US will hit Syria, and of course the President didn't pose, declare "I'M taking them OUT" or dresss up like Napolean. No battle plans released unlike 2003, thus we retain the element of surprise. Great work by the JCS, and DoD.

LOL, sign this chick up for Secretary of Defense. roll eyes.

I'm pretty sure you don't understand the first thing about battle plans, sweetie.

A formal declaration of war on what ? Terrorism ?

I agree with you about 'We need to get on this.' But apparently Obama is again demanding a blank check with no accounting for how the money is to be used.

For all we know he is going to spend it on life time memberships at golfing clubs.

Well, the Stimulus money is going away....so Obama needs another barrel of pork to hand out.

It's amazing just how gullible people can be watching a guy in a nice suit read well from a teleprompter.

Especially when it was a complete reversal of his past 6 years.

Absolutely. They have declared war on us. If we can build bridges to nowhere we can declare war on whomever and whatever we please.

The OP waited five seconds after the speech was over to start typing, no time for thought obviously. The US will hit Syria, and of course the President didn't pose, declare "I'M taking them OUT" or dresss up like Napolean. No battle plans released unlike 2003, thus we retain the element of surprise. Great work by the JCS, and DoD.

LOL, sign this chick up for Secretary of Defense. roll eyes.

I'm pretty sure you don't understand the first thing about battle plans, sweetie.

Professor Carnesale disagreed; as for your knowledge of economics......Prof. Samuelson would choke.:rolleyes:

Well, the Stimulus money is going away....so Obama needs another barrel of pork to hand out.

Yeah. I think the batteries are dying in the Obamaphones.

Absolutely. They have declared war on us. If we can build bridges to nowhere we can declare war on whomever and whatever we please.

and that would help how ?

It's amazing just how gullible people can be watching a guy in a nice suit read well from a teleprompter.

Especially when it was a complete reversal of his past 6 years.

SIX years? What have I missed? I thought this was the first plan he'd ever had. I saw him on TV last night. At first, I thought he was Tiger Woods in a suit. Oh well.

and that would help how ?

Read my quote in the upper part of your own post.

Forum List

Back