🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Obama's Speech

another opinion on the speech. VIDEO at the site

SNIP:
Senator Ted Cruz went on The Kelly File tonight to weigh in on President Obama’s ISIS Address. Cruz explained that Barack Obama’s proposals are likely unconstitutional.

I think the president should come to Congress and ask for authorization. You want a demonstration of presidential hubris look no further than this speech tonight where he brazenly declares ‘I have the authority to wage war regardless of what Congress says.’ My copy of the Constitution says Congress has the authority to declare war. Now, the president has inherent authority as Commander in Chief to respond to an exigent threat. But, President Obama didn’t propose any response to an exigent threat. He proposed a multi-year military campaign.
And he proposed ignoring Congress other than he would deign to accept Congressional approval if Congress gave it. Part of the reason in seeking Congressional approval is it forces the president to come before Congress and the American people and articulate a clear military objective that furthers US national security interests. The president has failed to do so and it appears he still doesn’t intend to do so.
Via The Kelly File:

all of it here:
Sen. Ted Cruz 8220 You Want a Demonstration of Presidential Hubris Look No Further Than This Speech 8221 Video The Gateway Pundit

Cruz thinks. Ok, I tend to agree actually, believe the legislation passed in the wake of 9/11/01 was hasty and too broad; under that legilation however, the President has the authority. Having authority does NOT equal "AOK to exervcise it". Still. Congress needs to MOVE on this.

another opinion on the speech. VIDEO at the site

SNIP:
Senator Ted Cruz went on The Kelly File tonight to weigh in on President Obama’s ISIS Address. Cruz explained that Barack Obama’s proposals are likely unconstitutional.

I think the president should come to Congress and ask for authorization. You want a demonstration of presidential hubris look no further than this speech tonight where he brazenly declares ‘I have the authority to wage war regardless of what Congress says.’ My copy of the Constitution says Congress has the authority to declare war. Now, the president has inherent authority as Commander in Chief to respond to an exigent threat. But, President Obama didn’t propose any response to an exigent threat. He proposed a multi-year military campaign.
And he proposed ignoring Congress other than he would deign to accept Congressional approval if Congress gave it. Part of the reason in seeking Congressional approval is it forces the president to come before Congress and the American people and articulate a clear military objective that furthers US national security interests. The president has failed to do so and it appears he still doesn’t intend to do so.
Via The Kelly File:

all of it here:
Sen. Ted Cruz 8220 You Want a Demonstration of Presidential Hubris Look No Further Than This Speech 8221 Video The Gateway Pundit

Just more political theater and keeping the partisans agitated.
I didn't see that quote in the transcript.
This is the exact quote;
I have the authority to address the threat from ISIL, but I believe we are strongest as a nation when the President and Congress work together.

Obama ISIS Speech Full Text

I despise him for the things he HAS actually said and done..I don't need another politician to invent things he didn't say to score political points.

Both parties are the same. Keep the partisans agitated and distracted with each other while they run the country into the ground.... rotate every 8 years...rinse and repeat.

I see some want to allow ISL to survive, those are a minority.

Conservative Republicans who have railed against Obama's foreign policy sounded relieved by what they heard.

"The President's plan announced this evening is an encouraging step in the right direction," said GOP Rep. Mike Rogers, who chairs the House Intelligence Committee and has been a harsh Obama critic. "Success will depend on the details of its implementation."

His Republican colleage, Rep. Michael McCaul of Texas, said: "Tonight the President seemed to have faced reality."

Leading Democrats such as Sen. Dianne Feinstein of California and Sen. Chuck Schumer of New York praised the speech, as expected, while Sen. Robert Menendez of New Jersey said the Foreign Relations Committee he chairs would begin drafting legislation to provide Obama with specific authority under the War Powers Resolution to continue to extend military operations against ISIS.
Former U.S. ambassador Ryan Crocker, who served in Syria, Iraq, Afghanistan and Pakistan, told CNN on Wednesday that ISIS presents a bigger threat to America than al Qaeda.

"They are more numerous, they are better armed, they are far better financed, they are better experienced, and perhaps most critically there are several thousand of them who hold Western passports, including American passports," Crocker said. "They don't need to get a visa; they just need to get on a plane."

He added: "If we don't think we're on their target list, we are delusional."

Obama ISIS strategy Airstrikes will include Syria - CNN.com

The delusional are roaming the streets and Internet.

I see some want to allow ISL to survive, those are a minority.

come one peach, this is about THE SPEECH
lets not get all dramatic. it's not like you:eusa_hand:

The first half was good, not so the second. ISL is not an invention of minds eager for war. And again, Congress must have input, but Congress needs to get on it, ASAP. I was in contact with my reps, and you?

PS: I am not going to praise the President, I will praise those who do the work. Our Air Force has accomplished much, but there remains a mountain to climb. I am glad the President did what he should have done, perhaps earlier, now the military takes over.

PS: I am not going to praise the President, I will praise those who do the work. Our Air Force has accomplished much, but there remains a mountain to climb. I am glad the President did what he should have done, perhaps earlier, now the military takes over.
If you think that you are a bit naive. Obama isn't going to do anything that he thinks might hurt him or the party. The White House will micromanage military actions like they usually do. Say what you will about Bush, Reagan, etc, they did what they thought was the right thing to do and damn the political consequences. That's a key difference between conservatives and liberals. Libs are always in a popularity contest.

The cliff note version:

BxNycM6CUAEfYXd.jpg

If you think that you are a bit naive. Obama isn't going to do anything that he thinks might hurt him or the party. The White House will micromanage military actions like they usually do. Say what you will about Bush, Reagan, etc, they did what they thought was the right thing to do and damn the political consequences. That's a key difference between conservatives and liberals. Libs are always in a popularity contest.

DoD & the JCS will be "doing" what is to be done. And Obama will not be running again, so why would he care? Bush did as he pleased, he "took out" the Man Who threatened Poppy". Reagan? He ordered the invasion of Grenada and napped. Sorry you prefer posing to action, I'll take action.

He totally neglected a single overwhelming factoid; ISIS is already in Juarez and organizing among the criminal elements there and within the USA. The highways through Juarez and El Paso harbor some of the most concentrated human smuggling operations in the world.

And it doesn't rate a single mention?

Obama is great at giving speeches, but he is always two steps behind our enemies.

Don't be too surprised if ISIS pulls off some terrorism tomorrow using third party criminal groups within the USA itself.

When I posted this information in another thread, the Obamabots came out in droves to castigate me for daring to post it.

He totally neglected a single overwhelming factoid; ISIS is already in Juarez and organizing among the criminal elements there and within the USA. The highways through Juarez and El Paso harbor some of the most concentrated human smuggling operations in the world.

Obama is great at giving speeches, but he is always two steps behind our enemies.

Don't be too surprised if ISIS pulls off some terrorism tomorrow using third party criminal groups within the USA itself.

When I posted this information in another thread, the Obamabots came out in droves to castigate me for daring to post it.

ISIS can afford to have a few supervisors and hundreds of gang operatives. Gang members have already received training and been blooded in fighting.
Two L.A. gang members are apparently fighting for Syria 8217 s Assad - The Washington Post

Syria civil war Video claims L.A. gang members are fighting for Assad - CNN.com

It is possibility, thus Congress needs to act, NOW.

Gateway Pundit? :D

Real reactions:

"After calling on the president to take additional actions against ISIL, I am encouraged by his statement this evening and his willingness to take strong action to defeat ISIL. Tonight, the president has announced the United States' willingness to lead a coalition to destroy ISIL, and I support these efforts." — Sen. Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

____

"The president is to be commended for his decision to take action against ISIL targets, wherever they are, including Syria." — Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.

Rear Admiral Kirby:

US Armed Forces ready to carry out the orders of the Commander in Chief to carry out mission against ISIL.

Obama Will conduct a systematic campaign of airstrikes will target Syria as well

___

Obama has kicked the can down the road. He refuses to take the necessary actions that would actually take out enough terrorist to make others thing long and hard about joining them. He refuses to enforce or current immigration laws and secure our borders. He is leaving the burden of action against the terrorist to the next President. The man has totally failed in both his domestic and foreign policies. He is the poorest excuse for a President this country has ever had. Bombing will not work as has already been proven. Bombing will only cause more recruitment for their cause. The next President will inherit a tremendous mess.

Real reactions:

"After calling on the president to take additional actions against ISIL, I am encouraged by his statement this evening and his willingness to take strong action to defeat ISIL. Tonight, the president has announced the United States' willingness to lead a coalition to destroy ISIL, and I support these efforts." — Sen. Saxby Chambliss of Georgia, the top Republican on the Senate Intelligence Committee.

____

"The president is to be commended for his decision to take action against ISIL targets, wherever they are, including Syria." — Rep. Mike Rogers, R-Mich., chairman of the House Intelligence Committee.

Rear Admiral Kirby:

US Armed Forces ready to carry out the orders of the Commander in Chief to carry out mission against ISIL.

Obama Will conduct a systematic campaign of airstrikes will target Syria as well

___

Obama has kicked the can down the road. He refuses to take the necessary actions that would actually take out enough terrorist to make others thing long and hard about joining them. He refuses to enforce or current immigration laws and secure our borders. He is leaving the burden of action against the terrorist to the next President. The man has totally failed in both his domestic and foreign policies. He is the poorest excuse for a President this country has ever had. Bombing will not work as has already been proven. Bombing will only cause more recruitment for their cause. The next President will inherit a tremendous mess.

So, sit back & do -0-, or what? Please post YOUR ideas.

Real reactions:

____

Rear Admiral Kirby:

___

Certainly. Forget about ISIS. Talk about Terrorism - all terrorist groups. Put enough ground troops into Iraq and Syria to totally overwhelm the terrorists. Give our military commanders the authority to seek out and destroy the terrorists wherever found without regard for any country's borders. Do the same thing Bush did and let it be known that any country that harbors terrorists are also deemed an enemy of the United States. Do the job and not talk it to death for once. Take the responsibility you swore an oath to.

Real reactions:

____

Rear Admiral Kirby:

___

Certainly. Forget about ISIS. Talk about Terrorism - all terrorist groups. Put enough ground troops into Iraq and Syria to totally overwhelm the terrorists. Give our military commanders the authority to seek out and destroy the terrorists wherever found without regard for any country's borders. Do the same thing Bush did and let it be known that any country that harbors terrorists are also deemed an enemy of the United States. Do the job and not talk it to death for once. Take the responsibility you swore an oath to.

Bush abandoned the fight against terror to go on the HUNT; that is why we have al-Qaeda, and bin Laden lived on. And ground troops are a tough sell. I am not implying we may not need them, but it the responsibility of those in the region to fight.

Bush abandoned the fight against terror to go on the HUNT; that is why we have al-Qaeda, and bin Laden lived on. And ground troops are a tough sell. I am not implying we may not need them, but it the responsibility of those in the region to fight.

So sad that you have to trot out the Blame Bush theme. Nothing better to say?

Forum List

Back