Odessa shooter had previous contact with police, the FBI knew him, he failed gun background check

I also had a plan.....when you have a prohibited person.....especially a criminal...you put a tattoo on their left shoulder....seeing that tattoo means they can't buy, own or carry a gun.....it would be simple......go to sell a gun, ask to see the left shoulder, if the tat is there, no gun sale...

You don't need background checks, gun registration, or any other new law, and requires no paperwork........

What if you already have a tattoo there Mengele?

It does blend nicely with your blob’s death camps.

You have the right to bear arms. It does not say the government does not have the right to know if you own any guns. Feel free to show me where I'm wrong.
Easy peasy.
There's no demonstrable necessity for the state to have on record the owner of every gun in the US; as such, the requirement that people register their guns is an unnecessary restriction - that is, an infringement - on their right to keep and bear arms.
The right to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.

Ah... there you go.
Universal background checks are a vehicle for universal gun registration.
No one wonders why you want universal registration.
You have to register your car. Why are you complaining about having to register your gun?
You only have to register your car f you drive it on the roads, and there's no demonstrable necessity for the state to know who owns what gun.
Most people drive their cars on roads....
Nothing here addresses the salient point:
There's no demonstrable necessity for the state to know who owns what gun.
Sure there is.
Good - you should then have no problem in demonstrating that necessity.
Be sure to explain how we've gotten along just fine without the state knowing who owns what gun.

You have the right to bear arms. It does not say the government does not have the right to know if you own any guns. Feel free to show me where I'm wrong.
Easy peasy.
There's no demonstrable necessity for the state to have on record the owner of every gun in the US; as such, the requirement that people register their guns is an unnecessary restriction - that is, an infringement - on their right to keep and bear arms.

You saying there is no reason, does not make it so... and people having people register their guns does not infringe on anyone's rights to own them. Do you know what registration means?

Easy peasy.

You saying there is no reason, does not make it so... and people having people register their guns does not infringe on anyone's rights to own them. Do you know what registration means?
Unless you can show that registering guns would reduce violent crime, it's none of you business or the government's business. In all of this discussion, Democrats are showing no interest in reducing violent crime and seem only interested in harassing gun owners.

The police knew about him, I heard a report that where he lived he used a gun to fire shots into the air, the police were called, and they did nothing......the FBI knew about him because he had called them quite a few times over the years, and he failed a background check to buy a gun...they don't know where he actually got the gun he had....his employer was afraid of him.....

Information still coming in..

So guns are too easy for the wrong people to get. We've already established that.
Do you have a solution that actually stops the wrong people from getting those guns, or are you just going after the people who dont commit crimes with guns?

Easy peasy.

What makes you think gang bangers are going to register their guns? :cuckoo:

Easy peasy.

Unless you can show that registering guns would reduce violent crime, it's none of you business or the government's business. In all of this discussion, Democrats are showing no interest in reducing violent crime and seem only interested in harassing gun owners.

Ok way to back pedal. First it violated your 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, now it shouldn't be put into place unless it can be proven to work. :backpedal:

Easy peasy.

Ok way to back pedal. First it violated your 2nd Amendment right to bear arms, now it shouldn't be put into place unless it can be proven to work. :backpedal:
Yeah, if you cant prove it will work, we arent going to let you violate our 2nd Amendment rights. Whats so hard to understand?

Ah... there you go.
Universal background checks are a vehicle for universal gun registration.
No one wonders why you want universal registration.
You have to register your car. Why are you complaining about having to register your gun?
You only have to register your car f you drive it on the roads, and there's no demonstrable necessity for the state to know who owns what gun.

Most people drive their cars on roads, and to do so you have to register yourself and get a driver's license.

The whole "it is a slippery slope so I don't want to do it" trope is bullcrap because the government already knows most of the stuff about most people, and most of the people who say they don't want to register their guns, actually register stuff and share their personal information all the time without even realizing it.

It doesn't matter. The 2nd Amendment is a check on government power and abuse. Thus they have no right to know what we have.

"Shall not be infringed" seems to cover that assertion pretty well.

20,000 laws already on the books say that you are a moron.

Yawn, Guy, most of those laws on the books are things like, "Don't fire your gun up into the air during New Years".

How about laws like,"If you sell a gun to a mass shooter, you can be held criminally and civilly responsible".

That would be a good law. We actually had that good law on the books until the DC Snipers' victims sued the people who sold them guns they weren't entitled to. (One was a minor, the other a felon). Then the NRA whined to congress, and they denied victims that avenue of redress.

Or better yet…you register the gun like you do your car and to transfer the title, you have to go to the court house where the buyer can be checked out to see if he is dangerous to himself or others?

Guns are a Right, cars are not......governments throughout history have registered guns so they can be confiscated, and we have seen those same governments commit mass murder.....the vaunted Europeans murdered 12 million men, women and children after they confiscated guns.....

So no, cars and guns are not the same apple....

You’re paranoid to the core.

And you're ignorant to the core. Government is incompetent at best, and over bearing and controlling at worst.

The Founders wanted us to keep the government under control, and not the other way round.

Most people drive their cars on roads, and to do so you have to register yourself and get a driver's license.

The whole "it is a slippery slope so I don't want to do it" trope is bullcrap because the government already knows most of the stuff about most people, and most of the people who say they don't want to register their guns, actually register stuff and share their personal information all the time without even realizing it.

It doesn't matter. The 2nd Amendment is a check on government power and abuse. Thus they have no right to know what we have.

Having people register their guns is not infringing the right to bear them. IF you have the degrees and used it to make all the money you say you have, then you should understand that. Do you need me to give you the definition of registration?

Having people register their guns is not infringing the right to bear them. IF you have the degrees and used it to make all the money you say you have, then you should understand that. Do you need me to give you the definition of registration?

Yes, it is. Why do you need the government to know what you own. Tell me why.

Easy peasy.

Yeah, if you cant prove it will work, we arent going to let you violate our 2nd Amendment rights. Whats so hard to understand?

You have to prove it is going to violate your 2nd Amendment rights, which I've asked you guys to show... and none of you can.

registration
noun
reg·is·tra·tion | \ ˌre-jə-ˈstrā-shən \
Definition of registration

1: the act of registering
2: an entry in a register
3: the number of individuals registered : ENROLLMENT
4a: the art or act of selecting and adjusting pipe organ stops
b: the combination of stops selected for performing a particular organ work
5: a document certifying an act of registering

Definition of REGISTRATION

register
noun (1)
reg·is·ter | \ ˈre-jə-stər \
Definition of register
(Entry 1 of 3)

1: a written record containing regular entries of items or details
2a: a book or system of public records
b: a roster of qualified or available individualsa civil service register
3: an entry in a register
4a: a set of organ pipes of like quality : STOP
b(1): the range of a human voice or a musical instrument
(2): a portion of such a range similarly produced or of the same quality
c: any of the varieties of a language that a speaker uses in a particular social context
5: a grille often with shutters for admitting heated air or for ventilation
6: REGISTRATION, REGISTRY
7a: an automatic device registering a number or a quantity
b: a number or quantity so registered
c: CASH REGISTER
8: a condition of correct alignment or proper relative position
9: a device (as in a computer) for storing small amounts of dataespecially : one in which data can be both stored and operated on

Definition of REGISTER

Okay, now show me where in there it says anything about taking away your right to bear arms. Have at it.

I told you why. Because if people do private sales to people that fail background checks and aren't supposed to own guns, or for those that fell through the cracks of background checks like the guy in Texas that had a domestic violence in the air Force and was supposed to be on the list but the federal government was backed up and he still was able to get a gun. It is ridiculous you have to register a car and not a fucking gun.

You keep repeating the lie that registering guns violates the 2nd Amendment, and it doesn't. What are you afraid of? If the government wanted to take everyone's guns, they wouldn't even need a registration list, they would go door to door and search every house. Don't be stupid. You think they would only go to houses where people have guns registered and ask for those guns?

I told you why. Because if people do private sales to people that fail background checks and aren't supposed to own guns, or for those that fell through the cracks of background checks like the guy in Texas that had a domestic violence in the air Force and was supposed to be on the list but the federal government was backed up and he still was able to get a gun. It is ridiculous you have to register a car and not a fucking gun.

You keep repeating the lie that registering guns violates the 2nd Amendment, and it doesn't. What are you afraid of? If the government wanted to take everyone's guns, they wouldn't even need a registration list, they would go door to door and search every house. Don't be stupid. You think they would only go to houses where people have guns registered and ask for those guns?
where does the federal government get the proper power to register firearms-especially ones that have been in private hands for years?

Easy peasy.

You have to prove it is going to violate your 2nd Amendment rights, which I've asked you guys to show... and none of you can.

registration
noun
reg·is·tra·tion | \ ˌre-jə-ˈstrā-shən \
Definition of registration

1: the act of registering
2: an entry in a register
3: the number of individuals registered : ENROLLMENT
4a: the art or act of selecting and adjusting pipe organ stops
b: the combination of stops selected for performing a particular organ work
5: a document certifying an act of registering

Definition of REGISTRATION

register
noun (1)
reg·is·ter | \ ˈre-jə-stər \
Definition of register
(Entry 1 of 3)

1: a written record containing regular entries of items or details
2a: a book or system of public records
b: a roster of qualified or available individualsa civil service register
3: an entry in a register
4a: a set of organ pipes of like quality : STOP
b(1): the range of a human voice or a musical instrument
(2): a portion of such a range similarly produced or of the same quality
c: any of the varieties of a language that a speaker uses in a particular social context
5: a grille often with shutters for admitting heated air or for ventilation
6: REGISTRATION, REGISTRY
7a: an automatic device registering a number or a quantity
b: a number or quantity so registered
c: CASH REGISTER
8: a condition of correct alignment or proper relative position
9: a device (as in a computer) for storing small amounts of dataespecially : one in which data can be both stored and operated on

Definition of REGISTER

Okay, now show me where in there it says anything about taking away your right to bear arms. Have at it.

Registration is desired by every single group that wants to ban guns. Registration cannot be used to prosecute a criminal who fails to comply with a registration law, since the fifth amendment prevents self incrimination. you seem unable to understand that "infringe" is not the same as "taking away"

before we get to whether an government action violates the bill of rights, we have to examine whether the federal government has the proper power to act. The federal government doesn't have such power

Easy peasy.

I haven't made the 2nd amendment argument, but it is certainly a restriction on the right to bear arms, making that right conditional on registering your gun, and if there is no demonstrable purpose it is an unjustified restriction. There simply is no basis in fact or logic for believing gun registration would reduce violent crime, so there is no justification for requiring it. You are just caught up in this fever of wanting to harass gun owners.

You don't need to know what weapon is being transferred to do a background check. Try again.

Forum List

Back