Officers Getting “Gang Tattoos” To Celebrate Their Shooting Victims

Figaro

VIP Member
Jul 23, 2014
A former officer with the Oxnard Police Department in California is blowing the whistle on a disturbing activity that many other cops at the department are taking part in.
The anonymous whistleblower is in talks with private investigators about how some officers with the department in Oxnard were getting tattoos on their left shoulders as “notches” to signify their shooting victims...
154854_600.jpg

This is much the same way that gang members get tattoos of different styles to signify their victims...Police, street gangs...almost no difference: both arranges street and unjustified killing, just because

If what this officers alleges is true, that is a pretty crass practice. Be that as it may, I am not sure if any of that is a violation of the law or any code of conduct. I'll reserve any further judgement until more details emerge.

Last edited:
I find it fascinating how, as the police get more militarized (as we have been seeing for the past few years), they are taking on characteristics associated with gangs. That could be a subconscious human reaction, that everyone has when they are pushed to violence, but I think this is more an indication of the pride of officers that they get from killing someone. When a gang member gets a tattoo like that, it is seen as something to be respected, and my guess would be that police officers are getting the same things for the same reason.

When I was little boy, I always thought that being a cop is a very cool and honorable. You're a cool guy, you're protecting the weak people from bandits and all the people love and respect you. Maybe I even wanted to be a cop. But now I see that the police really becomes something like a gang. Why is this happening?

It's happening b/c the police have to deal with seminan scum every hour of every day. I include Whites in that category.
You fucking try it!
I'd like to see every White cop if Ferguson quit.
Then when the tree dwellers come down at night to loot and burn let the Black cops deal with them.
See how that works out.
Mini Detroit.

I read this too. And, some cops are refusing to wear their tags so they can get away with crimes against citizens.

Its time that every single cop was required to wear a body cam. Make them accountable for their actions.

How many officer involved shootings do you think they have in Oxnard? This report is nonsense.

They should be fired if they find a tattoo.

"I can tell you that we are reviewing the matter. I will not comment on any specific allegations or any specific questions that you have posed. Also, I cannot give you a timetable as to how long our review will take," Thom Mrozek, a spokesman for the Justice Department told reporters by email on last Tuesday.

However, it does seem odd that an investigation into this matter would take a long time, considering that a quick look at the left shoulder of each officer on the force would solve the mystery in just a few minutes.

Whistleblower Cop Fellow Officers Getting Gang Tattoos To Celebrate Their Shooting Victims

How many officer involved shootings do you think they have in Oxnard? This report is nonsense.

Oxnard To Pay 6.7M To Family Of Innocent Man Fatally Shot As Many As 20 Times By Police CBS Los Angeles

Oxnard will pay $6.7 million to the family of a jogger fatally shot by police who suspected at the time that he had been part of a pursuit with officers. ...

Alfonso Limon Jr.’s family filed the lawsuit against the city in March.

“He was aimed at and shot at intentionally,” said Adam Shea, the family’s attorney. ...

Shea said Limon was lying on the ground when nine police officers fired, striking him four times.

“The autopsy indicates that he had between 16 and 21 bullet wounds,” Shea said.

Limon was walking home with his brother Gerardo when the two got caught in the crossfire of Oxnard police who were chasing three men suspected in a pursuit, police said. ...

They shot him 21 times! Was their real excuse just to get another tattoo, while not bothering to be careful who they were shooting?

Oxnard To Pay 6.7M To Family Of Innocent Man Fatally Shot As Many As 20 Times By Police CBS Los Angeles

Oxnard will pay $6.7 million to the family of a jogger fatally shot by police who suspected at the time that he had been part of a pursuit with officers. ...

Alfonso Limon Jr.’s family filed the lawsuit against the city in March.

“He was aimed at and shot at intentionally,” said Adam Shea, the family’s attorney. ...

Shea said Limon was lying on the ground when nine police officers fired, striking him four times.

“The autopsy indicates that he had between 16 and 21 bullet wounds,” Shea said.

Limon was walking home with his brother Gerardo when the two got caught in the crossfire of Oxnard police who were chasing three men suspected in a pursuit, police said. ...

They shot him 21 times! Was their real excuse just to get another tattoo, while not bothering to be careful who they were shooting?

21 times ? Wow, that's the worst case of suicide I've ever heard of.

How many police at their station have ever even fired their weapon, let alone killed a gang banger? Cops aren't racking up a bunch of kills throughout their careers. It isn't the wild west. Assuming there is any truth to this story, it looks like its being very exaggerated.

Oxnard isn't noted for police shootings. It's not Detroit. One shooting isn't going to put many tats on anyone's shoulder.

It used to be that no police officers could have tattoos of any kind. Outreach to hispanic gang bangers changed that. Now the police can have any kind of tattoo. None can be visible when they are in uniform.

Forum List

Back