Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

The problem for the markets is that, though total deaths are going down, the number of countries that have to institute quarrantine protocols, etc, is going up.

That hurts business opportunity more than the actual death count to a great extent.

A Romanian man this morning tested positive for Covid19 after returning from a hunting trip with an Italian guy that was not showing symptoms.

Now both are Covid19 positive. The Romanian authorities are now watching traffic between Romania and Italy like hawks.

This has the side effect of slowing commerce, which reduces profits just from the added time of doing business, etc.

Seeing this kind of interference in business, for good reason, makes investors want to shift their money to unaffected parts of the global economy or go to safe havens like Bonds and crypto.

This means sell off on Wall Street to retrieve capital.
Jim, it will effectively go around the world before a vaccine can be produced and distributed. Even then, it will be with us forever, a new paradigm along with the existing flu viruses we contend with and vaccinate for now. Get by this year and it will work out.
Markets will adjust and settle down. The wall street crowd has always been a twitchy herd.
You are my age or better. I suspect you adjusted your mix to cover your ass, as I did several years ago after that financial crowd tanked the economy.
Did you see on your taxes this year that it specifically asks about activity with crypto currency? Boy how times change from when we were kids.
I'm taking vitamin C and have been giving it to my wife. If our kids get COVID-19, they are young enough to shake it off.

My wife has a suppressed immune system, so she is vulnerable.
Another thing to possible look at is zinc Glutemate lozenges. My understanding is many viruses such as colds and flus, initially only reproduce in a narrow band of ph and the relatively neutral body chemistries found in the sinuses. Zinc Glutemate supposedly helps kind of like souring the petri dish. Taste terrible and you'll breath a smell a little like licorice for hours. I am no doctor, but for some reason I have stayed very healthy all my life. and I did stay at a Holiday Inn Express a lot back in my working days. Good luck to you and yours.

The statistics are interesting. 60 cases in the USA.

Weather, maybe you shouldn’t read the thread if it upsets you,

I just checked the price of oil.

Crude oil futures are now at $46. That is going to send Russia into recession. That will have ripple effects.

Link
Trump is confusing them hillbilly ingrates that follow him to Klan rallies and buy his bullshit by the truck loads, with them highly educated greedy jew mfs and retired white boy fucks that play the market....He seems to think everybody likes the smell of Trump shit. Every time he opens his mouth, the market reacts negatively...somebody needs to tweet the bastard and tell him, not every body in the country is stupid like them white mf's that camp on your nuts!!

How many people died from the flu in 2019?

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...is-a-bigger-threat-to-the-us-than-coronavirus

Article seems pretty stupid now.
The Spanish flu had a 0.7% death rate among resolved cases.

The Covid19 virus is at a 7% death rate among resolved cases.

upload_2020-2-28_11-35-23.png

People went from saying it was nothing to now freaking out. Some really stupid people out there.

I just checked the price of oil.

Crude oil futures are now at $46. That is going to send Russia into recession. That will have ripple effects.

Link
Trump is confusing them hillbilly ingrates that follow him to Klan rallies and buy his bullshit by the truck loads, with them highly educated greedy jew mfs and retired white boy fucks that play the market....He seems to think everybody likes the smell of Trump shit. Every time he opens his mouth, the market reacts negatively...somebody needs to tweet the bastard and tell him, not every body in the country is stupid like them white mf's that camp on your nuts!!

But try as you might, you can't blame the recent dives in the market on Trump

People went from saying it was nothing to now freaking out. Some really stupid people out there.
Covid19 is now in 60 countries and the geographical spread is more damaging to Global trade than the body count.

And FINALLY the WHO has determined the virus is at very high global level...…….it's only taken them over a month to figure that out???

How many people died from the flu in 2019?

In total, the CDC estimates that up to 42.9 million people got sick during the 2018-2019 flu season, 647,000 people were hospitalized and 61,200 died.

https://www.usnews.com/news/health-...is-a-bigger-threat-to-the-us-than-coronavirus

Article seems pretty stupid now.
The Spanish flu had a 0.7% death rate among resolved cases.

The Covid19 virus is at a 7% death rate among resolved cases.

View attachment 309328
With the overwhelming amount of deaths in China.....not so much in other countries.

With the overwhelming amount of deaths in China.....not so much in other countries.
That does not matter for the Global economy so much as how many nations are going into quarrantine mode to stop the spread of the disease in their own country.

That does not matter for the Global economy so much as how many nations are going into quarantine mode to stop the spread of the disease in their own country.
That wasn't my point, Jim. My point is that 7% death rate is misleading regarding the global trend with this disease.
Of course, it will have a global impact on ours and others economy, that's a given.

Forum List

Back