Official Coronavirus Thread - Up to the minute Coronavirus map and count.

Sweden is ahead of us.

As near as I can tell, they are still pretty unified in their thinking.

I envy them. Not having a bunch of whining complaining assholes to deal with like we do in the U.S.

A bunch of fucking Monday Morning Quarterbacks that do nothing except be critical.

Their solutions...send out a message into space and hope someone can help us.....from a probability standpoint that has a greater chance of success than some of the other bullshit they advocate.

Sweden is doing great. You know, other than all the people dying there. New York City is doing great too.

Fucking idiot.

Sweden is doing what it wants to do and it does not have a bunch of assholes like you running around like Chicken Little.l

Fuck off and die.

Sweden is ahead of us.

I envy them. Not having a bunch of whining complaining assholes to deal with like we do in the U.S.

A bunch of fucking Monday Morning Quarterbacks that do nothing except be critical.

Their solutions...send out a message into space and hope someone can help us.....from a probability standpoint that has a greater chance of success than some of the other bullshit they advocate.

Sweden is doing great. You know, other than all the people dying there. New York City is doing great too.

Fucking idiot.

Sweden is doing what it wants to do and it does not have a bunch of assholes like you running around like Chicken Little.l

Fuck off and die.

Need a tissue? You seem upset. The numbers speak for themselves.

Deal with it.

Laurie Garrett, the author of "The Coming Plague," gives her assessment of the current state of the coronavirus outbreak and shares predictions for the future of the pandemic.

Best case situation according to Laurie Garrett is that we get back to normal in 36 MONTHS! That will take huge global cooperation, A+ Government management across the board, and a great vaccine that is easy to distribute worldwide.
Well, that damn well is not going to happen. The last thing Trump wants is to manage the response to the epidemic. He's trying to push that off to the states. Trump's goal is get enough businesses open to have a strong enough financial 3rd quarter to please voters and blame the tens of thousands of additional deaths on China, Obama, the governors or whoever. In a nutshell we have no national goals and certainly no leadership.

TOTAL NUMBER AND DAILY RATE OF INCREASE IN CORONAVIRUS INFECTIONS BY DATE:

March 24, 2020 - United States - 54,916
March 25, 2020 - United States - 68,489 - 24.7% increase
March 26, 2020 - United States - 85,594 - 24.97% increase
March 27, 2020 - United States - 104,256 - 21.8% increase
March 28, 2020 - United States - 123,776 - 18.7% increase
March 29, 2020 - United States - 142,224 - 14.9% increase
March 30, 2020 - United States - 164,266 - 15.5% increase
March 31, 2020 - United States - 188,578 - 14.8% increase
April 1, 2020 - United States - 215,300 - 14.2% increase
April 2, 2020 - United States - 245,193 - 13.9% increase
April 3, 2020 - United States - 277,475 - 13.2% increase
April 4, 2020 - United States - 311,635 - 12.3% increase
April 5, 2020 - United States - 336,830 - 8.1% increase
April 6, 2020 - United States - 367,629 - 9.1% increase
April 7, 2020 - United States - 400,540 - 9.0% increase
April 8, 2020 - United States - 435,160 - 8.6% increase
April 9, 2020 - United States - 468,895 - 7.8% increase
April 10, 2020 - United States - 502,876 - 7.3% increase
April 11, 2020 - United States - 533,115 - 6.0% increase
April 12, 2020 - United States - 560,433 - 5.1% increase
April 13, 2020 - United States - 587,155 - 4.8% increase
April 14, 2020 - United States - 614,246 - 4.6% increase
April 15, 2020 - United States - 644,089 - 4.9% increase
April 16, 2020 - United States - 678,144 - 5.3% increase
April 17, 2020 - United States - 710,272 - 4.7% increase
April 18, 2020 - United States - 738,923 - 4.0% increase
April 19, 2020 - United States - 764,265 - 3.4% increase
April 20, 2020 - United States - 792,913 - 3.8% increase
April 21, 2020 - United States - 819,175 - 3.3% increase
April 22, 2020 - United States - 849,092 - 3.7% increase
April 23, 2020 - United States - 886,709 - 4.4% increase
April 24, 2020 - United States - 925,758 - 4.4% increase
April 25, 2020 - United States - 960,896 - 3.8% increase
April 26, 2020 - United States - 987,322 - 2.8% increase
April 27, 2020 - United States - 1,010,507 - 2.4% increase
April 28, 2020 - United States - 1,035,765 - 2.5% increase
April 29, 2020 - United States - 1,064,572 - 2.8% increase
April 30, 2020 - United States - 1,095,210 - 2.9% increase
May 1, 2020 - United States - 1,131,492 - 3.3% increase
May 2, 2020 - United States - 1,160,838 - 2.6% increase
May 3, 2020 - United States - 1,188,122 - 2.4% increase
May 4, 2020 - United States - 1,212,955 - 2.1% increase
May 5, 2020 - United States - 1,237,761 - 2.1% increase
May 6, 2020 - United States - 1,263,183 - 2.1% increase
May 7, 2020 - United States - 1,292,850 - 2.4% increase
May 8, 2020 - United States - 1,322,163 - 2.3% increase
May 9, 2020 - United States - 1,347,309 - 1.9% increase

TOTAL NUMBER AND DAILY RATE OF INCREASE IN CORONAVIRUS DEATHS BY DATE:

March 26, 2020 - United States - 1,000
April 6, 2020 - United States - 10,000 - 900% increase
April 19, 2020 - United States - 40,000 - 300% increase
April 23, 2020 - United States - 50,243 - 25.6% increase
April 24, 2020 - United States - 52,217 - 3.9% increase
April 25, 2020 - United States - 54,265 - 3.9% increase
April 26, 2020 - United States - 55,415 - 2.1% increase
April 27, 2020 - United States - 56,803 - 2.5% increase
April 28, 2020 - United States - 59,266 - 4.3% increase
April 29, 2020 - United States - 61,669 - 4.1% increase
April 30, 2020 - United States - 63,861 - 3.6% increase
May 1, 2020 - United States - 65,776 - 3.0% increase
May 2, 2020 - United States - 67,448 - 2.5% increase
May 3, 2020 - United States - 68,598 - 1.7% increase
May 4, 2020 - United States - 69,925 - 1.9% increase
May 5, 2020 - United States - 72,275 - 3.7% increase
May 6, 2020 - United States - 74,807 - 3.5% increase
May 7, 2020 - United States - 76,938 - 2.9% increase
May 8, 2020 - United States - 78,616 - 2.2% increase
May 9, 2020 - United States - 80,037 - 1.8% increase

First time the daily rate of increase in both infections and deaths drops below 2% in the United States!

Sweden is ahead of us.

Fucking idiot.

Fuck off and die.

Deal with it.

I have...you seem to the one in denial.

Sweden is doing what it wants.

Why don't you cart your sorry ass over there and tell them they are wrong.

Then they can ask you what the fuck an American is doing giving anyone advice.

The United States needs to stay in lockdown until new cases per day drops below 5,000. Yesterday there were 25,000 new cases, and the lowest since April 1, 2020 has been 23,000 cases on one day. By staying locked down until cases drop below 5,000, it will make it easier to test, contact trace, and isolate the people who become infected and the people they encountered. The United States ability to test, contact trace and properly isolate people is way behind where it should be and not ready to handle 5,000 new cases a day, let alone the 25,000 that our occurring.

Because the Italians were strict with their lockdowns, they now only have 1,000 new cases a day, which should be within the medical communities capability to track and isolate.

Failure to do this risks, more spread and more death, which will lead to more economic ruin.

When you study cities in the United States during the 1918 pandemic, those that made the right choices to lockdown not only saved thousands of lives, they also rebounded quicker economically than cities that did not lockdown.

If the United States is still suffering over 20,000 new infections a day and over 1,000 deaths a day by August, no amount of opening up will improve the economic situation. People will not attend sporting events, concerts, movies, bars, nightclubs, church, school with a pandemic that is still spreading in a rather uncontrolled manner. Consumers won't spend their money when its NOT SAFE.

Those that advocate foolishly opening up early risk the continued spread of the pandemic and at best will only keep the economy at a static level of recession. Consumer spending won't return to normal until people perceive it is SAFE to venture out. Consumer spending is 70% of economic growth.

A static level of recession that will persist for years it what we risks by opening to early compared to the other option which involves remaining in lockdown to fully defeat the pathogen and then open up fully when consumers know its SAFE to venture out. The SCIENCE based option which defeats the pathogen FIRST, is the one that will save the most lives and be better for the economy in the long run.

Testing is just the first step of the plan. It has to be followed by contact tracing, testing contacts, and quarantine. The more we do, the less cases we will have and the more confidence consumers and business will have in the economy and the safety of working, shopping, entertainment, dinning, and participation in large group activities. This is by far the best way to open up the economy and keeping it open. If testing and tracing contacts had been a top priority in mid January, there would have been no need for orders to shutdown businesses and schools, and to say at home.
Well said. Its a simple idea. Testing, tracing, more testing.

“I feel about vaccines like I feel about tests. This is going to go away without a vaccine,” - President Trump, 05/08/2020

Trump gets tested daily.

Sweden is ahead of us.

Fucking idiot.

Fuck off and die.

Deal with it.

That's nice. That doesn't change the fact that they still have one of the worst death rates in the world. Sorry, but the numbers are right there for everyone to see.

What part of this are you not understanding? Is this really that complicated for you?

Testing is just the first step of the plan. It has to be followed by contact tracing, testing contacts, and quarantine. The more we do, the less cases we will have and the more confidence consumers and business will have in the economy and the safety of working, shopping, entertainment, dinning, and participation in large group activities. This is by far the best way to open up the economy and keeping it open. If testing and tracing contacts had been a top priority in mid January, there would have been no need for orders to shutdown businesses and schools, and to say at home.
Well said. Its a simple idea. Testing, tracing, more testing.

“I feel about vaccines like I feel about tests. This is going to go away without a vaccine,” - President Trump, 05/08/2020

Trump gets tested daily.
Maybe so but I hope not. Herd immunity for the US comes when 69% of the population has recovered from the virus. That means about 227 million cases and with a 5.7% fatality rate and only 1.3 million known cases; well you can do the numbers

Sweden is ahead of us.

Fucking idiot.

Fuck off and die.

Deal with it.

That's nice. That doesn't change the fact that they still have one of the worst death rates in the world. Sorry, but the numbers are right there for everyone to see.

What part of this are you not understanding? Is this really that complicated for you?

I keep posting the numbers for everyone to see. Are you that stupid ?

They are not as good as other countries, but they are not the worst.

Just what the fuck do you want ? You want to tell them to shutdown. Is that your deal ?

Sweden is ahead of us.

Fucking idiot.

Fuck off and die.

Deal with it.

Just what the fuck do you want ? You want to tell them to shutdown. Is that your deal ?

They're #9 on a list with over 200 countries, you stupid retard. Are they closer to the worst or the best? Simple question.

You keep saying this, but I don't want to tell them anything. I want to show you, with objective facts, that they have not handled this well. Many people have died there.

What part of that do you not understand? Read that over as many times as you like and look at this chart. Maybe something will start to sink in.

1589136612114.png

Sweden is doing great. So is New York.

You just have to ignore the fact that lots of people are dying there.

Sweden is ahead of us.

Fucking idiot.

Fuck off and die.

Deal with it.

They're #9 on a list with over 200 countries, you stupid retard. Are they closer to the worst or the best? Simple question.

You keep saying this, but I don't want to tell them anything. I want to show you, with objective facts, that they have not handled this well. Many people have died there.

What part of that do you not understand? Read that over as many times as you like and look at this chart. Maybe something will start to sink in.

View attachment 334372

They are where they want to be.

They have handled the way they wanted to handle it. You may not like the outcomes but since you don't have any say in the matter.....who gives a fuck what you think ?

Up until recently, I made no comment one way or the other. I simply pointed out the numbers.

But I did recently say iff I had a choice, I'd take their way of doing things. I simply chose freedoms over government control.

That's the end of that discussion.

Sweden is doing what Sweden wants to do. That makes it great.

New York is fucking itself coming and going. Not so great.

Lockdowns don't work and not locking down does not mean high infection rates.

Hate to break it to you, but you and your electronic butt-buddy are not the end-all, be-all.

Sweden is ahead of us.

Fucking idiot.

Fuck off and die.

Deal with it.

View attachment 334372

They have handled the way they wanted to handle it. You may not like the outcomes but since you don't have any say in the matter.....who gives a fuck what you think ?

Up until recently, I made no comment one way or the other. I simply pointed out the numbers.

But I did recently say iff I had a choice, I'd take their way of doing things. I simply chose freedoms over government control.

Nobody is arguing that they can do things the way they want. They did that, and now they have one of the worst death rates in the world.

Only an idiot with brain damage would look at that and say that they're doing it well. Compared to the rest of the world, they have one of the highest death rates in the world. Facts don't change because you don't like them.

Sweden is doing what Sweden wants to do. That makes it great.

New York is fucking itself coming and going. Not so great.

Lockdowns don't work and not locking down does not mean high infection rates.

Hate to break it to you, but you and your electronic butt-buddy are not the end-all, be-all.

How is New York not doing so great? Simple question.

Sweden is ahead of us.

Fucking idiot.

Fuck off and die.

Deal with it.

View attachment 334372

Nobody is arguing that they can do things the way they want. They did that, and now they have one of the worst death rates in the world.

Only an idiot with brain damage would look at that and say that they're doing it well. Compared to the rest of the world, they have one of the highest death rates in the world. Facts don't change because you don't like them.

Please point out where I have ever said anything against the facts since I am the one who has been posting them.

You might want to consult your neurologist before throwing stones at others.

On a per captia basis, Sweden's death toll is about 30% worse than the US but total number of cases is about 34% better. Not sure that qualifies as great. Since Sweden's approach to testing is to test only police, fire, and medical workers, the numbers being reported may not be a good comparison with the US numbers.

Forum List

Back