OFFICIAL: Kavanaugh Hearings Thread

WASHINGTON – The Senate could confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court as soon as Tuesday if he clears the Judiciary Committee on Friday and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is ready – meaning he has the votes.

"I don’t think they’ve met their burden of proof," said Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas. "I think it’s time to vote.”

“The longer that the nomination remains open we know that more and more of these scurrilous, anonymous and uncorroborated allegations will be made," he said. "Unfortunately, that’s part of the 'search and destroy' process that, frankly, I think is an embarrassment to the Senate."

Brett Kavanaugh: How quickly could he be confirmed to the Supreme Court?

Expect at least three more liberals to come forward before then...
Wont make a difference. Its done. The only way Kav was not going to be confirmed was if the repubs were honest or Kav broke down and confessed.

This has backfired on you liberals times a thousand…..

You have no idea of the backlash you are facing…

I suspect a bigger backlash against Republicans if they try to steamroll an approval without bearing all the evidence

You are mistaken.....

BK will be confirmed and

then we are going to kick your libtard asses in November.

Most probably

But at what cost with an election five weeks away ?

If Kavenaugh is forced through with charges pending.....there will be a political price to pay
Democrats fucked-up with their smear campaign against a good man. You looney liberals really think you got your finger on the pulse of the American peop,e. You fucking kooks are so far detached from reality you might never win an election again.

Too bad the Republicans refused to allow an FBI investigation. It would have been the best way of finding out the truth.

That's a decision that totally back-fired on them.

JACKASS, there have already been SIX background investigations to vet Kananaugh! The FBI does not investigate sexual assault. Learn the fucking law.
And even if they did, they wouldn't investigate this shit from 36 years ago.

WASHINGTON – The Senate could confirm Brett Kavanaugh to the Supreme Court as soon as Tuesday if he clears the Judiciary Committee on Friday and Majority Leader Mitch McConnell is ready – meaning he has the votes.

"I don’t think they’ve met their burden of proof," said Sen. John Cornyn, R-Texas. "I think it’s time to vote.”

“The longer that the nomination remains open we know that more and more of these scurrilous, anonymous and uncorroborated allegations will be made," he said. "Unfortunately, that’s part of the 'search and destroy' process that, frankly, I think is an embarrassment to the Senate."

Wont make a difference. Its done. The only way Kav was not going to be confirmed was if the repubs were honest or Kav broke down and confessed.
Confessed to what. Ford is a liar.

I suspect a bigger backlash against Republicans if they try to steamroll an approval without bearing all the evidence

Evidence? Sry....but there is no Evidence.
She was probably thinking of someone else, ya know a bit :cuckoo: (like all you people)
The other women deserve to be heard

Shut them up and explain why to women voters

And tomorrow after the vote.................

:CryingCow:

Meet the Supreme Court Justice.
f-trumpcourt-a-20180711-870x580.jpg

:CryingCow:

:auiqs.jpg:

The Democrats set up this whole thing and then failed. I guess I shoud say they made themselves look foolish, lacked leadership and came off hateful.

You are mistaken.....

BK will be confirmed and

then we are going to kick your libtard asses in November.

Most probably

But at what cost with an election five weeks away ?

If Kavenaugh is forced through with charges pending.....there will be a political price to pay
Democrats fucked-up with their smear campaign against a good man. You looney liberals really think you got your finger on the pulse of the American peop,e. You fucking kooks are so far detached from reality you might never win an election again.
We shall see

Republicans look scared and want this to go away

Expect the Blue Wave to include a Pink Wave if Kavanaugh is confirmed. Hundreds of women are running for office in November, for a seat on state legislatures and the Congress.

McConnell&Co may win the battle (and McConnell will assure his wife's job) but the war will be won or lost in November.

I believe she’s delusional.
But she has such a cute, false, “innocent little girl” voice that she didn’t have for the first 5 minutes until she remembered she practiced it beforehand.

I actually have personal experience on your last question. My wife has been assaulted before. She didn't report it, what she did do is call this guys fiance. Took some doing since she didn't have much to go on for his identity. She couldn't prove it happened to that woman but still told her her story. You think that action was unjustified?

Go. to. the. fucking. police.

And you wonder why nothing gets done about this shit?
Oh really? First of at all times it's a he said she said thing. Secondly talking to the police you need to not just relive the story and deal with the fact that a lot of times the person would get away. You also have to deal with a sense of both shame and anger. I pleaded with her to go to the police, or to be allowed to take care of it myself. She burst out crying. So tell me "hero", how would you react?

The police's job is to figure that shit out. Maybe the asshole has a history, maybe there were other accusations.

You. Go. To. The. Fucking. Police.

Even if not proven in your own case, it's on record and if the asshole tries it again, that becomes a pattern on record and they can prosecute his ass.
At what price to her? She is the victim you know. Usually I don't mind opinions, I'm on this board after all. But do you have ANY inkling of the emotional toll this takes? He get's away, what does that mean for her psychological? From your position behind a computer, talking to a complete stranger it seems perfectly clear. IT IS NOT.

Guess what? By not reporting it he's gotten away with it 100%. It's the same mentality that causes crime in the hood to explode. Not my problem, it will just go away.

Sorry, but when shit happens to you, it's happened, the best thing to do is to at least try to let the system nail the guy.

Again, one accusation being on record could lead to others coming forward, and once a pattern is established, with reliable testimony from multiple people, the person can be convicted.
-Well eventually she destroyed his pending marriage so she got something back. But that's neither here nor there. This serves as another illustration of why sexual assault is so hard to deal with. Here you are talking to somebody you don't know, or care about. Talking from a sense of superiority, because you feel she was wrong to not subject herself to a system that is ill equipped to deal with these kinds of crimes. You feel sufficiently sure in your opinion, to do that. I don't blame you I used to be that arrogant. I can only hope that you never have to find out the hard way how profoundly difficult it is in reality.
-To put this back on track since I'm done talking about this. Why do you feel that time on these accusation allows you to diminish her credibility in a case like this.

Oh yeah? What's your latest threat now? :sigh2:

It's not a threat...

Get out on Twitter....

You libtards are dead meat....

Americans see you libtards for the scum bags you are....
And again with the threats....seems to be a Rightwing thing, these threats. Yet too much the cowards to follow through.

I believe she’s delusional.
But she has such a cute, false, “innocent little girl” voice that she didn’t have for the first 5 minutes until she remembered she practiced it beforehand.
She needs professional help. She should not be allowed in a classroom.

I know Rush is extremely confident in himself but I disagree the Dems will win in November if Kavanaugh doesn’t make it to the bench. Won’t that just infuriate more people who are looking at this charade clearly?

"All the evidence?" Doesn't that imply that there is at least some evidence? What would the FBI investigate? Would they take Blasey Ford on random drives through neighborhoods asking "Does this look familiar? What about that house?"

Forum List

Back