OFFICIAL: Kavanaugh Hearings Thread

you're asking me to give someone the benefit of doubt who has a history of "resist" and "obstruction" and womans rights.

which to me this all boils down to. roe vs. wade. ie, its all political which to me brings *any* accusation into doubt. most people i talk to sooner or later get to roe vs wade and womans rights and when i say "then this is political, not justice" and by that time they are wrapped in emotions and scream YOU'RE DAMN RIGHT...

which comes back to a very common theme for the left these days. any means to get to their end is ok.

that is a dangerous road for a country to be on and simply cannot be allowed. legitimizing this only means the right will eventually do the same and then the left will have to kick this up quite a bit and take us again to a new level of stupid.

i will agree i would NOT want to prevent actual victims to come forward; but with this being political vs. legal, how does what ford is doing *help* others who may have been assaulted come forward? it would seem that the actual goal of stopping the violence against women is just as harmed from her own actions.

so *if* this is all about the political games, then this is character assassination. *If* allowed because we don't like his politics or this is todays "business as usual" then where do we go from here as we legitimize "anything goes" in our politics?
i will agree i would NOT want to prevent actual victims to come forward; but with this being political vs. legal, how does what ford is doing *help* others who may have been assaulted come forward? it would seem that the actual goal of stopping the violence against women is just as harmed from her own actions.
-First I saw Ford's testimony. She has to be the worlds greatest actrice to have concocted this. It's her credibility that you have to asses. After all it's not the Democrats who are leveling this charge,it's Ford. Is there politics involved... most certainly. Does that mean the accusation is untrue... it most certainly not.
-The statement that coming forward on sexual assault is hurtful to people coming forward is not just wrong, but in essence epitomizes all that's wrong about this. People are afraid to come forward because they know that coming forward carries a huge psychological cost. A cost that is exacted because it is a he said she said story. What you just seemed to imply that when someone does come forward it should be when nobody else has to hear it.
-I just saw a clip from someone confronting Flake who just voted to confirm Kavanaugh. She goes after him for demeaning her assault by voting to confirm. It's a raw appeal to emotion but it also shows the effect the GOP's decision has on everybody dealing with this. You just blamed the victim for having the courage to speak out.
- if "ford" is leading the charge - great. is she after justice or politics now because "justice" would be to go through local law enforcement, not take it to her state reps. while you're right you can't say this makes her accusations "untrue" - by the same logic therefor they can't be "true" either. at best, stalemate, now what? the left also continues to demand for an FBI investigation. the FBI has done (6) background checks and nothing like this came up from *anyone* questioned. what exactly would they be investigating and if you were the FBI and told to do this by trump, where would you start?

- i never denied the counter reactions to this can get nasty. they get nasty to the accused also as his life is now instantly socially judged and his family now under attack from the extreme left who do not want him as a SCOTUS. we seem to bypass how easily this emotional standoff can be manipulated to make a liar have a lot more power than they should. i'm not calling FORD a liar at this point, but i am saying any witness she's called on so far has said "nope, didn't happen". when do we say enough is enough if no named witnesses verify her claim? can we also agree that the power this gives the accuser is beyond measure if left unchecked and simply believed due to the nature of the accusation? we seem to be leaving a door wide open to trust that can be easily manipulated by people for whatever gain they are after at the time.

- you just believed the "victim" because she spoke out. this is a "danger zone" that shouldn't be "rewarded" so easily. the ability to misuse sexual accusations is vast and powerful. or do you disagree that it could/would be used in a political or revenge fashion?
-Justice for sexual assault victims does NOT always run through the justice department. If you honestly think about it, you have to know that. It's that realization that's one of the reasons that both keeps victims from reporting, and them seeking revenge another way, as I suspect is the case here.
-As to the danger of unscrupulous people abusing sexual assault accusations. Have you seen her testimony and if you did can you honestly claim she was faking? Not even Kavanaugh himself tried to claim that, just that he didn't do it.
-In the event of stalemate as you put it, I side with the victim. I find someone willing to testify and take the predictable punishment for that testimony as more credible then the person denying it. Since the reality is that more people who accuse someone are speaking the truth then those who deny they did, speak the truth.
- There is even a side to this that I keep on reiterating that I just don't get a satisfactory answer to. If we are talking about a position on the Supreme Court is it not reasonable that person to be beyond reproach? Is the standard so low that not being sure he committed sexual assault,is sufficiently satisfactory to appoint him to this position. Even more, he very much showed in yesterdays testimony that he holds the left responsible for his troubles. How easy would it be for ANY left wing group having to defend something before the supreme court to demand he recuse himself simply playing his testimony yesterday? He isn't the only right wing judge out there. Trump had 25 people on the shortlist. You guys are ramming somebody through for the highest judicial post in the country, risking disruption to the court, not to mention losing 3/4 of the women in the country, for what?

You re an antisemite and a Holocaust denier. Prove me wrong. The burden of proof is on you. I am a Jew and I can tell by your writing style that you are an antisemite.
I'm not slotted for an appointment to the supreme court. Neither is your accusation credible because you can't point to anything specific in my writing style that gives that accusation credence. I can and I have, to you I believe stated facts that point to corroboration that Ford did speak the truth. I also want to point out that the judiciary committee has taken steps to insure they would not get some of that corroboration.

220px-HK_Central_Statue_Square_Legislative_Council_Building_n_Themis_s.jpg

lady justice is blind for a reason and that reason is the law is the same to us all. his appointment has no bearing on how we follow the rule of law.

Then are you saying that:

A. Dr. Ford is a guy?

B. That Ford is lying?

Which?

God, you are so stupid.

The calander shows a party with 6 Males, no females.

If this is your evidence, then either Dr. Ford is lying, or that she is actually a Male. Which one is it?
pop, come on! Dr. Ford did NOT have Brett's calendar when she described the party, who, when and where of what she remembered ...

yet the date, timing, house neighborhood and 3 or 4 of the people she mentioned ahead of this evidence on his calendar that came forth WERE CORRECT.

him not writing the girls there on his calendar means squat... the fact that he was there, at that house, 3 or 4 of the boys that she mentioned and during the time frame she mentioned...

that... corroborates part of her testimony

please call your senators and have the fbi background check reopened.

we are setting a very very bad example by not doing so on him, when with all others in similar messes, the FBI reopens their check, and investigates

this deep stating by the Republican Committee Senators, to prevent any investigation by the FBI OR to interview any witnesses... to put in their wall street CRONY in to the supreme court....

I'm sorry, that's not justice... that's privilege,

to the good ole boys club in govt..... your so called, deep state...
Ford did not give the date, She could not say what house this happened in, how she got there and how she got home. The witnesses swear they were not there. An FBI investigation would reveal the same facts and non facts the hearing relied on.

A person has the right be deemed innocent until proven guilty. How can she give facts that do not back her story ?
She gave the time frame, she gave the neighborhood, she gave at least 3 of the names there, all of which fit the bill, on his calendar....

The FBI needs to investigate, so a non partisan source who are investigators can investigate it.

WHY IS THIS SO WRONG to do, it should be done, just off of Ford's testimony, just to check it out, since she was sworn to tell the truth under oath and came off 100% honest on what she did remember, and honest on what she could not remember?

YOU DO NOT KNOW what the FBI background investigators will find, to presume it will be just the same of what was being claimed, then I think you are wrong on that....

plus, for the sake of being fair, and the whole Nation and World watching,and the Supreme Court,

it really should be done... justice is suppose to be blind, and the reopening for the FBI background check with new allegations such as these, IS THE PROTOCOL and is what is done, even have cases of this with other Judicial nominees.

This sweeping it under the rug routine of the R Senators, is just plain wrong.... and hurtful to Kavanaugh in the long run, if he is innocent of all, as he has claims...
what was the timeframe? the people she gave said nope. so things we know. you're confused.

A. Dr. Ford is a guy?

B. That Ford is lying?

Which?

God, you are so stupid.

If this is your evidence, then either Dr. Ford is lying, or that she is actually a Male. Which one is it?
pop, come on! Dr. Ford did NOT have Brett's calendar when she described the party, who, when and where of what she remembered ...

yet the date, timing, house neighborhood and 3 or 4 of the people she mentioned ahead of this evidence on his calendar that came forth WERE CORRECT.

him not writing the girls there on his calendar means squat... the fact that he was there, at that house, 3 or 4 of the boys that she mentioned and during the time frame she mentioned...

we are setting a very very bad example by not doing so on him, when with all others in similar messes, the FBI reopens their check, and investigates

this deep stating by the Republican Committee Senators, to prevent any investigation by the FBI OR to interview any witnesses... to put in their wall street CRONY in to the supreme court....

Ford did not give the date, She could not say what house this happened in, how she got there and how she got home. The witnesses swear they were not there. An FBI investigation would reveal the same facts and non facts the hearing relied on.

A person has the right be deemed innocent until proven guilty. How can she give facts that do not back her story ?
She gave the time frame, she gave the neighborhood, she gave at least 3 of the names there, all of which fit the bill, on his calendar....

The FBI needs to investigate, so a non partisan source who are investigators can investigate it.

WHY IS THIS SO WRONG to do, it should be done, just off of Ford's testimony, just to check it out, since she was sworn to tell the truth under oath and came off 100% honest on what she did remember, and honest on what she could not remember?

YOU DO NOT KNOW what the FBI background investigators will find, to presume it will be just the same of what was being claimed, then I think you are wrong on that....

plus, for the sake of being fair, and the whole Nation and World watching,and the Supreme Court,

it really should be done... justice is suppose to be blind, and the reopening for the FBI background check with new allegations such as these, IS THE PROTOCOL and is what is done, even have cases of this with other Judicial nominees.

This sweeping it under the rug routine of the R Senators, is just plain wrong.... and hurtful to Kavanaugh in the long run, if he is innocent of all, as he has claims...

Unless she actually has a Dick, it gives her nothing.

You have zero clue

Listen Kid...Kavanaugh admitted the shocking fact that teenage boys (18 as seniors) drink beer. I think Kavanaugh singlehandedly just turned some working class Dem and independent males Red. Like the vampire that he is!

Listen Kid...Kavanaugh admitted the shocking fact that teenage boys (18 as seniors) drink beer. I think Kavanaugh singlehandedly just turned some working class Dem and independent males Red. Like the vampire that he is!

Kavanaugh LIED, he and most of the others, were not 18 when drinking in high school...

he was 17 years old the day of the house party in July of 1982... that was written on his calendar, and would not be 18 years old for another 7 months, until February 1983....

and that party was not his first Rodeo.

He just flat out lied about it, in the hearing.

God, you are so stupid.

The GOP Senators NOW KNOW they have a very real problem with Kavanaugh's story. He is lying.

The GOP Senators NOW KNOW they have a very real problem with Kavanaugh's story. He is lying.

Lying about what?

Kavanaugh LIED, he and most of the others, were not 18 when drinking in high school...

he was 17 years old the day of the house party in July of 1982... that was written on his calendar, and would not be 18 years old for another 7 months, until February 1983.

Here we have a sitting DC Circuit judge, in a US Senate hearing, committing perjury, and the GOP wants a vote. LOL

Lying about what?

Pay attention much?

We didn't think so.

he was 17 years old the day of the house party in July of 1982... that was written on his calendar, and would not be 18 years old for another 7 months, until February 1983....

and that party was not his first Rodeo.

he was 17 years old the day of the house party in July of 1982... that was written on his calendar, and would not be 18 years old for another 7 months, until February 1983.

He admitted that not everyone was drinking legally.

Lying about what?

Pay attention much?

We didn't think so.

Why don't you fill me in?

Where did that come from?

someone was smart enuff to use Kavanaughs own calendar to show that Kavanaugh is a liar.

A. Dr. Ford is a guy?

B. That Ford is lying?

Which?

God, you are so stupid.

Kavanaugh likely didn't know the girls were going there when he made his schedule & why would he write in a girl he just attacked?

Yup, sounds like evidence, get it to Feinstein quick.

a sitting DC Circuit judge, in a US Senate hearing, committing perjury
In your dreams a YALE law school graduate DC federal judge would perjure himself! I know you just complain and I know you did not go to Yale. Not even Psycobabble 101 like Dr. Ford for you kid. She is not an inspiration to you or to young women yet he is for years.

What defines this partisan shit is what we all should be focused on.

In a simple nutshell:

Liberal influences:
  • Mostly secular
  • For gun control
  • Social issues / LGTBQ rights
  • Immigration / Free trade / Regulation.
  • Urban

Republicans
  • Infiltrated by religious 'Christian' lobbies. Evangelical support
  • Right to bear arms / gun lobby
  • Traditional definition of family. Intelligent design...
  • Protectionism / wall / tariffs / deregulation
  • Rural
That's the working framework ;) ... lol@working

Bullshit. You are a delusional leftist. There was no evidence here and she was not credible. Take off your blue goggles. If leftists wanted justice they would have shared the letter with the FBI immediately

Only time will tell who is delusional here ;)

This blitzkrieg nomination sadly reeks of the third Reich.

A German term for “lightning war,” blitzkrieg is a military tactic designed to create disorganization among enemy forces through the use of mobile forces and locally concentrated firepower.

Now THAT is some funny shit, 2020! A confirmation hearing is like the German blitzkrieg? Really? The only tactic I saw on display here was you progressives using yet another smear campaign against another conservative! You're now the party of Michael Avenatti and Richard Steele! That's what you run on. Not promises for a better day...you run on division...you run on lies.

I'm amused that the same people who kept this from being investigated in a timely manner are now the ones who are screaming that it's a rush to judgement! Ford SHOULD have been questioned by investigators from the Judiciary Committee! She was asked to come to Washington to give answers to questions and she deferred saying she had a fear of flying. Funny, she doesn't seem to have a problem flying when it's to a vacation spot far, far away! Then her lawyers were told that the Committee investigators would come to her in California but they appear never to have told her that (Well either that or it's totally slipped her mind that took place which begs the question...what kind of meds is she on these days?)! Why? It's obvious that the lawyers that Diane Feinstein referred Ms. Ford to had another agenda other than seeking justice for her. They appear to be more concerned with how long they could draw this process out than they were about getting to the truth!

She has clear memory of what happened 36 years ago but not seven weeks ago? Really?
What did you have for lunch 7 weeks ago?

McConnell warned Trump, ahead of time, he told him if he picked any nominee on that Federalist society list BUT Kavanaugh, he could get them trough and seated, before the election....

What does Trump do, select Kavanaugh. :lol:

Kavanaugh has been too politically involved to be seated on the SC, plus, McConnell must have known some of his background for him to tell Trump that....

Yes, McConnell is trying to plow it thru, but he did warn it would not be easy, with Kavanaugh.... something is up with that... but nobody wants to know... just sweep sweep sweep, under the rug it all goes.

Ah yes the "urbane" vs. "rural hicks" stereotypes again...nothing personal...but ask a Navajo Republican about how the next house over is miles away and then imagine Arizona again.

Bullshit. You are a delusional leftist. There was no evidence here and she was not credible. Take off your blue goggles. If leftists wanted justice they would have shared the letter with the FBI immediately

Only time will tell who is delusional here ;)

This blitzkrieg nomination sadly reeks of the third Reich.

A German term for “lightning war,” blitzkrieg is a military tactic designed to create disorganization among enemy forces through the use of mobile forces and locally concentrated firepower.

Now THAT is some funny shit, 2020! A confirmation hearing is like the German blitzkrieg? Really? The only tactic I saw on display here was you progressives using yet another smear campaign against another conservative! You're now the party of Michael Avenatti and Richard Steele! That's what you run on. Not promises for a better day...you run on division...you run on lies.

I'm amused that the same people who kept this from being investigated in a timely manner are now the ones who are screaming that it's a rush to judgement! Ford SHOULD have been questioned by investigators from the Judiciary Committee! She was asked to come to Washington to give answers to questions and she deferred saying she had a fear of flying. Funny, she doesn't seem to have a problem flying when it's to a vacation spot far, far away! Then her lawyers were told that the Committee investigators would come to her in California but they appear never to have told her that (Well either that or it's totally slipped her mind that took place which begs the question...what kind of meds is she on these days?)! Why? It's obvious that the lawyers that Diane Feinstein referred Ms. Ford to had another agenda other than seeking justice for her. They appear to be more concerned with how long they could draw this process out than they were about getting to the truth!

She has clear memory of what happened 36 years ago but not seven weeks ago? Really?
What did you have for lunch 7 weeks ago?

Food.

Forum List

Back