OFFICIAL: Kavanaugh Hearings Thread

One thing I’m not seeing:

Anger

I could have missed it, but I don’t know anyone who has been sexually assaulted that wouldn’t be angry. And if they are afraid, they would be anger because fear leads to anger.

Did I miss it?
Yah you have missed it.

She looks quite angry to me.

Gorsuch took the Scalia seat, so a conservative replaced a conservative.

The Dems are fighting dirty to keep a conservative from taking a swing vote seat.

See the difference?

Quotas on the Court? No seat on the Court belongs to an ideology

What is dirty about asking the FBI to do what they did with Anita Hill?

Anita Hill testing during the hearing.

This fake accusation was brought up after the hearing concluded.
It came up before he was confirmed

That is all that matters

People here have misrepresented what Ford has said, but we have transcripts

I had never told the details to anyone until May 2012, during a couples counseling session. The reason this came up in counseling is that my husband and I had completed an extensive remodel of our home, and I insisted on a second front door, an idea that he and others disagreed with and could not understand. In explaining why
I wanted to have a second front door, I described the assault in detail. I recall saying that the boy who assaulted me could someday be on the U.S. Supreme Court and spoke a bit about his background. My husband recalls that I named my attacker as Brett Kavanaugh.

So who goes to couples counseling because you don't agree on remodeling??? WHAT??????

What does Franken or a secrete cookie recipe have to do with this thread?
Projection, my dear boy. You and snowflakes try to accuse others of doing what you / Democrats do / have done and of being who you / Democrats are.

Clinton, Franken the Pervs in the Senate who formed a committee to pay off their victims with tax dollars rather than STOP their criminal sexual crimes against women, Ellison.....

By attempting to claim it is the GOP, not the Democrats, who are the sexual predators who have been preying on women for decades you are just peeing into a fan set on 'hi' / spitting into the wind....

She invalidated the polygraph test. Taking it right after a funeral would bork the results up...
?

I won't go into extensive detail, but if you can artificially worry yourself when answering a control question, you can modify the results of your test so that your "normal" responses appear the same as the responses that actually worry you.
The polygraph is not an issue.

It is with me. The polygraph "exam" consisted of 2 questions! That's it. When asked why it was only two...the person who administered the test stated that victims are seldom given a full test because when you're working for the lawyers of the victim it's assumed that the victim is telling the truth. He explained that polygraph tests for suspects are different because you're trying to establish truthfulness hence more questions are asked.

So what that tells me is the Ford defense team paid for a polygraph exam designed to make their client look good...not to establish whether or not she was really truthful.

Ford is a dingbat. Edith Bunker only dumber.

She can't even remember what happened last month. She has the Hillary defense, selective memory.

It's time to get the other people she claims were at the party to testify.

Not sure I've written her off entirely yet, but so far I can't say I'm impressed. I mean all we've learned so far is that the story is changing again and that the "fear of flying" thing was a complete snow job to delay - so was blowing off having the committee come to her (though that one she actually may not have been informed about the option - someone lying [to her] and stalling [the process] there I suspect.)

Jury instructions on credibility of a witness. Failure on most of them.

Among the factors that you may consider are:
•How well could the witness see, hear, or otherwise perceive the
things about which the witness testified?
•How well was the witness able to remember and describe what
happened?
•What was the witness’s behavior while testifying?
•Did the witness understand the questions and answer them
directly?
•Was the witness’s testimony influenced by a factor such as bias
or prejudice, a personal relationship with someone involved in
the case, or a personal interest in how the case is decided?
•What was the witness’s attitude about the case or about
testifying?
•Did the witness make a statement in the past that is consistent or
inconsistent with his or her testimony?
•How reasonable is the testimony when you consider all the other
evidence in the case?
•[Did other evidence prove or disprove any fact about which the
witness testified?]
•[Did the witness admit to being untruthful?]
•[What is the witness’s character for truthfulness?]
•[Has the witness been convicted of a felony?]
•[Has the witness engaged in [other] conduct that reflects on his
or her believability?]
Oh...this is a court of law? a trial?

Answer: no it is not....it's a job interview. An extremely important job, but a job interview nonetheless.

You’ve been arguing over this the entire thread, why does it matter? If it’s so important to call it a job interview call it a “job interview under oath.”
Because it's for a very very very very important government position. I sure can't understand why some people want to deny that the entire purpose of this job interview is to determine the Committee's recommendation to the Senate as to whether to vote this guy in (hire him) or not vote him in (not hire him).

So who goes to couples counseling because you don't agree on remodeling??? WHAT??????
You would be surprised. I know a guy whose wife demanded they go to counseling because they got into a huge argument because he referred to 'FISH' as 'MEAT'.

:wtf:

There is a guy on called Ron Christie who worked with kavanagh for Bush some time ago.
He thinks that she is believeable and also thinks that Kavanagh has a mountain to climb when he comes on.

At some point Trump the CEO will see he needs to withdraw Kavanaugh's nomination.
Rachel Maddow said his nomination was hurtling towards the sun. I wonder what that means?
What is being reported / revealed is like the sun - the Democrats want you to avert your eyes and NOT look at the facts because 'it will burn out your eyes'....DON'T LOOK! :p
What is being reported / revealed is like the sun - the Republicans want you to avert your eyes and NOT allow the FBI to do what they did with Anita Hill

truth 'it will burn out your eyes'....DON'T LOOK! :asshole:

I have participated in job interviews before. None of them involved witnesses testifying against me.

The allegation makes it a Court, not an interview.

The consequences make it a court as well, and not just an interview.
And the consequences are that he either gets the job or not.

You really think that is the only consequence?

If you really believe all the stories about him, wouldn't you want him Impeached from the DC Circuit?

You really think his career would keep going if he is turned down from the SC because of this?

Oh, wait, character assassination in the pursuit of politics is OK for political hacks like you because the ends justify the means.
No more no less than anyone else who has unpleasant stuff pop up during their job interview. If you are being interviewed for a job and they find that you've done X bad thing.....don't you think your current job should be in jeopardy?

Do they have te person lying about you attend your job interview and lie about you in person?
Happens all the time today

Someone goes on a job interview and there is some damning information on their Facebook page

Employer decides maybe someone else would be better

Ford has NEVER said he raped her. Everything she is saying today is totally believable. She is credible and as honest about this as one can be. We need Mark Judge to testify. He's the second guy present during this terrible attack. If Kavanaugh doesn't admit he did this how could we possibly make him a federal judge. Even if he admits he did it (drunk or not) he has dug his hole and it's too deep to get out of. He can never be trusted again! He needs to at least redeem himself to save whatever reputation he has left.

Sent from my BBB100-3 using Tapatalk
Fucking morons.

Let me guess you stupid ass. Voted for hillary you hypocritical scumbag?

Yeah, you did you piece of shit.

Forum List

Back