OFFICIAL: Kavanaugh Hearings Thread

Notice how the Dems keep pushing for an FBI investigation? That seems to be the only thing they really care about. Wonder why that is? :9:
Actually, the question should be why don't the Republicans want one?

Why not have one after the confirmation? If he is guilty, he could be impeached. If there is an investigation now, what is to stop other accusers to step up at the last minute again? This could go on forever. The goal here is CLEARLY to delay the confirmation to the mid-terms.
Why confirm someone you would need to waste the taxpayers money to later impeach?

Looks like the DEM's are wrapping up.

I am guessing that the GOP will have a shot at the lady-professor next.

And then the food fight with Kavanaugh will come after that.

I finished my repair on my fender liner on my vehicle, and missed a lot, but I got most of the salient coverage.

I can watch until 6 pm D.C. time and then I need to get ready for a professional society dinner and go.

Notice how the Dems keep pushing for an FBI investigation? That seems to be the only thing they really care about. Wonder why that is? :9:

Why not have one after the confirmation? If he is guilty, he could be impeached. If there is an investigation now, what is to stop other accusers to step up at the last minute again? This could go on forever. The goal here is CLEARLY to delay the confirmation to the mid-terms.
Why confirm someone you would need to waste the taxpayers money to later impeach?

Because the impeachment would fail and be an include an actual trial.

This was a big waste of time. If the Republicans have the same attitude as Kennedy, they only did this for show and aren't paying attention at all to what is being said.

He's more afraid of possibly being accused some time in the future rather than knowing if anything actually happened. That's not how you are supposed to look at it. These same people were in place when Gorsuch came up, and NONE of this happened. This is because of Kavanaugh, not the system.

Thomas has shown that once you get onto the SCOTUS there will be no impeachment. Whoever even thought of that notion is foolish.

There's a major problem with the whole setup of this hearing today. The sexual assault consultant by the 11 Repubs without balls, seems MORE INTERESTED in implicating a Demo conspiracy, than fact finding on Kavanaugh. This is because she's being PAID to be yet another political shill tossed into this cluster fuck.

Big mistake... This is a Congressional inquiry, not a rape counseling or legal interrogation. And as USUAL, the Repubs entirely FOLD and shrink from their duties..

Agreed. However, I think they are relying on Kavanaugh to present himself as more believable.
If they are relying on Kav I could make him look less believable and I am not a trained prosecutor. :laugh:

The staged Prosecutor acting as if Ford is on trial, says "let me cut to the chase" as if she was prosecuting a witness in a court of law.

Christine Ford is NOT on trial

These McCarthy type hearings are a stain on America's soul
It is a damn hearing. What the heck do you want it to sound like?

A hearing is very close to a trial and sounds the same.
A hearing is like a trial? With an accused and a prosecutor?

You need help
It is CLOSE. At least as far as the questioning here is concerned. Again, what do you think it should sound like. How are they supposed to ask those exploratory questions that would make you happy?
It is not close. A trial is not like a hearing

but the staged optics here make it look so
I notice that you did not answer how you think the questions should be asked.

Because there is not one - no matter what they do you would criticize them.

The questioning is going to be similar because the goal is similar - testing the veracity of claims and probing for more.

There is no other way to make that sound. I guess they could simply gush all over her like the dems and accomplish nothing at all.

You are assuming guilt. Whether the investigation takes place now or later still cost the taxpayers money.

Her state of mind in general is called into question by the hearings so far.

What is lacking is any real evidence against BK that can be verified or checked out at length.

It makes it impossible for him to mount any effective defense, and also limits her liability when it comes to any perjury accusations.
So allow the FBI to do what they did with Anita Hill?

There the FBI had jurisdiction, and the incident was less time in the past.

Here the FBI has no jurisdiction.
No one has said the FBI had jurisdiction. Thank you for the offer f of red herring

I guess the longer in the past an incident is, the less you want it investigated.

sad

So you are saying the FBI can just up and investigate someone breaking a State law (which is what Kavenaugh is accused of) without the permission of the State law enforcement?

It's not a Red Herring, it's how things work.

The FBI investigates federal crimes, crimes across State lines (which usually become federal crimes), can be invited by Local law enforcement to assist. At most otherwise they can come in when local law enforcement is doing their jobs (watch Mississippi Burning for that) but even then that falls under the category of federal crimes.
Actually the FBI is also responsible for doing background checks. They don't need even a suggestion of criminal behavior for that. So suggesting that it's impossible for the FBI to investigate someone up for a position in the federal government, is wrong.

They already did. Done. Over. Complete. History.

Thomas has shown that once you get onto the SCOTUS there will be no impeachment. Whoever even thought of that notion is foolish.
At least Thomas had an FBI investigation.

This was a big waste of time. If the Republicans have the same attitude as Kennedy, they only did this for show and aren't paying attention at all to what is being said.

He's more afraid of possibly being accused some time in the future rather than knowing if anything actually happened. That's not how you are supposed to look at it. These same people were in place when Gorsuch came up, and NONE of this happened. This is because of Kavanaugh, not the system.
Not exactly.

Not even close.

You don't read the public's pulse very well huh ?!

There's a major problem with the whole setup of this hearing today. The sexual assault consultant by the 11 Repubs without balls, seems MORE INTERESTED in implicating a Demo conspiracy, than fact finding on Kavanaugh. This is because she's being PAID to be yet another political shill tossed into this cluster fuck.

Big mistake... This is a Congressional inquiry, not a rape counseling or legal interrogation. And as USUAL, the Repubs entirely FOLD and shrink from their duties..

Agreed. However, I think they are relying on Kavanaugh to present himself as more believable.
If they are relying on Kav I could make him look less believable and I am not a trained prosecutor. :laugh:

Why is the fact that you are not a trained prosecutor funny?

She is doing a poor job

Ford gave compelling testimony and Mitchel was more concerned with minutia

I think the worst thing she did is when she actually asked her to purposefully be vague. Vague statements are ridiculously uselss.

Forum List

Back