[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

When I did that what happens is that some of the things disappear--like all the buttons in the reply box have outlines but you cannot see their function. It did help with the white though. I think part of the problem with the white would be solved if we could turn off avatars, which I have been unable to do. What happens is that for me someone will have a one or two line post and then there will be an inch of white dead space under the post which draws my peripheral vision to all the colored stuff.

Looking at the color options thing before I noticed there's a thing where if you disable a site's colors for your own, you can specify the background color. Have mine set to gray to overcome the 'painful white' issue others are having.

Oh a couple of other things that might be considered on the bucket 'to do' list once the more pressing issues are taken care of. . . .

I am really missing seeing all the folks who are on line at the bottom of the home page. I used to enjoy looking to see who was prowling around when I had a few moments to kill especially in the evenings. It added to the sense of community I think.

And I hope we'll see the new members and today's birthdays at the bottom of the home page too. That is important for us running social community threads.

Oh a couple of other things that might be considered on the bucket 'to do' list once the more pressing issues are taken care of. . . .

I am really missing seeing all the folks who are on line at the bottom of the home page. I used to enjoy looking to see who was prowling around when I had a few moments to kill especially in the evenings. It added to the sense of community I think.

And I hope we'll see the new members and today's birthdays at the bottom of the home page too. That is important for us running social community threads.

fyi that stuff is on the right hand side when you are at the front page...

Fox, go to the home page and the members online appear down some on the right margin. Avatars and all.

Fox, go to the home page and the members online appear down some on the right margin. Avatars and all.

ACK!!! I didn't see that but noooooo, I need NAMES, not avatars. I don't remember whose avatar is what and I sure don't want to have to hover on each one to figure it out.

I am wondering that it shows X number of folks here--so many members and so many lurkers (guests) but 200+ robots? Who are they?

Last edited:
ACK!!! I didn't see that but noooooo, I need NAMES, not avatars. I don't remember whose avatar is what and I sure don't want to have to click on each one to figure it out.
I agree. So much so that as a rule I don't even see avatars, just names

ACK!!! I didn't see that but noooooo, I need NAMES, not avatars. I don't remember whose avatar is what and I sure don't want to have to click on each one to figure it out.

hover over the avatar and you will see the name...

not sure where birthdays went but i saw them somewhere this morning...

Looking at the color options thing before I noticed there's a thing where if you disable a site's colors for your own, you can specify the background color. Have mine set to gray to overcome the 'painful white' issue others are having.

I set mine to a sandstone color but, like I said, it killed off being able to see some button labels. I mostly kept signatures and avatars off on the old software to compact the text with fewer visual distractions. What happens now is my left eye is drawn to the explosion of color on the left with the avatars and member info and my right eye tries to escape the walls of white in the post gaps and on the right of the screen once you are down below the right side boxes. I really don't care about all the bells and whistles like search functions as I really have no interest in posts from years ago.

fyi that stuff is on the right hand side when you are at the front page...

The birthdays are there? Did I miss them? And again I am one voice but would much prefer just having the names instead of having to translate teensy avatars one at a time

in Morse code?

I apologized already. :) (I honestly didn't see your other post about that.) Believe me I've been in management enough years to know that any new system is a mess and very stressful to get everybody on board with and work out the bugs. And I also feel your pain in having to listen to all the 'we-know-better-than-you' crowd, and yeah I'm one of them now and then, who want this or want that or whatever. And everything can't be done all at once.

But could you. . . .(nevermind, just teasing. . . .)

1. how do I delete PM's?

2. what happened to the search feature for individual threads?

3. what happened to the who posted list for individual threads?

4. why can't I choose the order in how posts are listed in an individual thread?

5. why isn't the 'edit' feature working? granted that might be at my end but it working fine on USMB two days ago.

6. what happened to the popup notification for PM's?

7. why are the posting boxes scrunched into a narrow square?

8. how many posters complained that the old forum was unsatisfactory?

Forum List

Back