[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

200843i0C039211C309669B

I can't say much for this new look. I worked so long and hard, when I was here, which wasn't often, to get my reps up. Now, I really didn't understand them too well, and now they are gone. Nothing has changed on how I have to log in. I must first put in an incorrect user name and wrong password, first. Then afterwards, I can log in as myself. Otherwise, I will have to make 4 attempts to log in. No, it's not my cookies, as someone offered. In any event, this new software hasn't corrected that problem. What was wrong with the old software?

1. how do I delete PM's?

2. what happened to the search feature for individual threads?

3. what happened to the who posted list for individual threads?

4. why can't I choose the order in how posts are listed in an individual thread?

5. why isn't the 'edit' feature working? granted that might be at my end but it working fine on USMB two days ago.

6. what happened to the popup notification for PM's?

7. why are the posting boxes scrunched into a narrow square?

8. how many posters complained that the old forum was unsatisfactory?

Looks like "change for the sake of change" which always pisses me off. If it ain't broke, don't fix it.

I don't want to read the whole thread, but can you turn avatars off? I didn't see that option?

Also, I haven't found the list of threads that you have actively been participating in that used to be in User CP?

what was broke? seemed to be working fine.

Bad Gateway errors and Threads causing slow responses and needing to be moved. Those were the most visible to the members. Couple of odd things were happening with quoting and showing up under the wrong names.

It was overdue for an upgrade and the latest version was getting bad reviews following roll outs. The alternative was to switch platforms to one that is more stable. The Owners and Admins get to make that call. If you don't like it you know where the [X] is on the top RHS.

Also, it won't insert a freakin' smiley where I want it to go? o_O I have to drag it... And that's the extent of them? 12?

Need the rules enforced consistently more than anythign else. Thought there was no flaming in this group?

Very good point. And that means more work for moderators that the Rep system would have to some extent taken off their shoulders -- which was the point I made here.

What's the difference between 'Like' and 'Agree'?

CK said no difference but i'm sure you can imagine liking a post where there is nothing to necessarily agree or disagree with...a joke or a cup of coffee, for example...

I don't like having to look at everyone's avatar... I had them shut off before, doesn't seem to be an option for that now tho..:(

When I do a Search (upper right corner) and I click on the down arrow there is a "your threads" selection, but when I click on that I get this"

US Message Board - Political Discussion Forum
No results found.

I have rebuilt the search index and this should fix the issue for you. Give it a try now.

Forum List

Back