[OFFICIAL SOFTWARE UPGRADE] Help and Bug Thread

Don't know if this has been brought up yet, if so I'll ask again...

Is there any way to suppress images and avatars like with the prior software?

What's the difference between 'Like' and 'Agree'?

First off, let me say that I'm thrilled that I had to make three clicks instead of one to even quote this message. That's certainly an 'upgrade.'

I don't even know where the like and agree buttons are. I don't see any thanks button. That's also another brilliant 'upgrade.'

First off, let me say that I'm thrilled that I had to make three clicks instead of one to even quote this message. That's certainly an 'upgrade.'

I don't even know where the like and agree buttons are. I don't see any thanks button. That's also another brilliant 'upgrade.'
Takes 1 click. Hit reply on the post itself.

I only have to click one button to reply and the likes buttons are right in front of your nose.

Edited. No flaming here.

Last edited by a moderator:
Why did you remove a feature of the board that was present yesterday? There was a little red tab on the bottom right of the screen which when pressed took you to the top of the page. I really like that but now it's gone.

I beginning to like this if if makes you nuts! I only have to click one button to reply and the likes buttons are right in front of your nose. (FLAME DELETED)

You have to scroll over the message to see it. Very easy to miss. And there's no flaming here, dude.

:rolleyes: I posted in a rep whore thread exactly once and got chased away by the whores.

Which is more than I did. If I had ever posted in one my rep would have been a lot lower because I would have let them have it with all the contempt I could muster.

It was broke and it needed fixing.

The only thing that was broke was them not updating to the newer version of vBulletin, which was a money decision. There is nothing about this new software that is an improvement over anything, it is actually a few steps behind newer versions of vBulletin.

Feel free to prove me wrong, if you can.

Bad Gateway errors and Threads causing slow responses and needing to be moved. Those were the most visible to the members. Couple of odd things were happening with quoting and showing up under the wrong names.

It was overdue for an upgrade and the latest version was getting bad reviews following roll outs. The alternative was to switch platforms to one that is more stable. The Owners and Admins get to make that call. If you don't like it you know where the [X] is on the top RHS.

Gateway errors are server issues caused by the servers not communicating with each other, and have nothing to do with the forum. As for load times, I have not seen a significant improvement with the new software. In fact, I have seen that loading actually takes longer for routine tasks, and I can't even get one page to load at all, despite multiple attempts.

Very good point. And that means more work for moderators that the Rep system would have to some extent taken off their shoulders -- which was the point I made here.

How does that even make sense? Would a neg have changed your behavior?

The only way that would work is if the poster being negged actually cared about rep, which you have claimed you don't.

Ok still can't edit. Cant go invisible can't put cute saying next to avatar. These are important. Lol

I know it probably has nothing to do with the upgrade, but I dumped my temp files and history and rebooted my computer and this site is running better now.

and now my tagline is gone and replaced with "Senior Member", even though the tagline survived the initial migration.

very curious

Forum List

Back