[OFFICIAL] State of the Union Address Thread

Steve Schmidt is ripping on the GOP's "plan" -- there is just no depth to anything they are offering up.

All Obama has to do is pledge 100 billion for fusion research. That 73 trillion we're talking about now to combat global warming will be cut to maybe 2-3 trillion over a few decades as we build the infrastructure.

We won't ever have to worry about energy again.

As in Nuclear fusion? Fukushima is polluting the Pacific as we speak, it's the last thing we need.

You are thinking of nuclear FISSION.

The shit-eating grin on her face is hard to look at.

her throat is dry. she's struggling without water

Water is always good. :laugh:
marco-rubio-taking-a-water-break-during-republican-response-to-sotu.jpg

The shit-eating grin on her face is hard to look at.

So is Joe Biden's...

Biden looked like he was trying to keep himself from falling asleep, and make sure he remembered to stand up when he was supposed to.

As if he was in Church.

nothing new there. they spend hours before the President speaks and it's late in Washington. Look back at all the televised SOTU speeches and the VPs and Speakers are almost always exhausted and tired

I would have thought they'd pick a bigger "rising star" to deliver the "Response".

looks like they tried to not be embarrassed by their rising stars.

then we have the wingnuts coming on soon. :eek:

You know, that's a good point. I remember how well Bobby Jindal's "Response" went.

and these days any official GOP response will be drowned out by the entertainment value of their other responses :lol:

And, why didn't that R woman SAY anything?

Don't they have speech writers who could make it look like there was some substance to her speech?

That was a disaster.

They're trying to respond to a speech they haven't heard yet. (as her speech was written prior to the President giving the SOTU.)

It's dopey on so many levels.

Did any of you catch what he said? Right after Obama referred to Speaker Boehner saying "How the son of a barkeep is the Speaker of the House?" he then stated, referring to himself,............'Or how a son with a single mother became president of the United States".

He stated he had a single mother! I thought she was first married to his father with the name Barack Sr and then to his step father Lolo Soetoro. If true then why did he just state he had a single mom?

The only time she was a single mom was when she dumped him on her parents.

Notice he didn't mention how many lost their health insurance.
...and to make the "9 million have signed up for heath insurance...." a true statement, he had to add "...and Medicare." Probably more for Medicare than ObamaCare.

Anyone have the split on that sum he presented?

...and to make the "9 million have signed up for heath insurance...." a true statement, he had to add "...and Medicare." Probably more for Medicare than ObamaCare.

The PPACA/Obamacare is supposed to help what percentage of Americans who go without health insurance? :eusa_whistle:

The PPACA/Obamacare is supposed to help what percentage of Americans who go without health insurance? :eusa_whistle:

You haven't answered the question. What's the split on his claim?

Inspiring stuff.

The right-wing will be on the war path with pathetic and weak talking points tonight and for weeks to come.

Instead of doing the work they were hired to do, they will continue to show their shitty work ethic and obstruct and do nothing.

I hope I'm wrong, but I'm afraid I'm not.

and the left will still be complaining about a traffic jam

That's like saying the right was complaining about a Cigar with Clinton. Or a spot on a dress with Clinton.
lib spin, call it what it was. purgery

All Obama has to do is pledge 100 billion for fusion research. That 73 trillion we're talking about now to combat global warming will be cut to maybe 2-3 trillion over a few decades as we build the infrastructure.

We won't ever have to worry about energy again.

As in Nuclear fusion? Fukushima is polluting the Pacific as we speak, it's the last thing we need.

Do you know what fusion is? You're thinking about fissile. :eusa_whistle:

you misspelled fizzle.......... :lmao: ,,, :lmao: ... :lmao: ,,, :lmao: ... :lmao: ,,, :lmao: ... :lmao: ,,, :lmao:

You haven't answered the question. What's the split on his claim?

the split is between beating a dead horse or a dead dog

Forum List

Back