Official State of the Union Thread

Doy

Nobody cares what the fringe left thought about the speech......what matters is what the whole country thought.:113:

Facts are what matter. Trump had none. He spouted lies and more lies.
I didn’t watch it. I never watch the SOTU. The POTUS always lies or misrepresents or embellishes during the speech.

I thought Obama lied more than most. Did Don lie more than O?

You can read more if you like:

Mr. Trump said that America is the largest crude oil producer in the world and that production has hit a record high.

This is true.

The United States has been the largest producer of oil and gas in the world since 2013, a trend that began under the Obama administration thanks in large part to advances in shale drilling techniques.

Mr. Trump claimed nearly 5 million people have been lifted off food stamps.

This is exaggerated.

The number of Americans in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program decreased by more than 3.5 million between February 2017 — Mr. Trump’s first full month in office — to September 2018, according to the latest available data. By comparison, the number of people receiving the aid decreased by 5 million from June 2015 to January 2017.

Mr. Trump said that Ralph Northam, the embattled governor of Virginia, said he would execute a baby after it was born.

This is false.

In an interview last month, Governor Northam said that he supported a late-term abortion bill that would loosen restrictions on the procedure, and allow women to consult with a doctor on an abortion up to, but not including, the time of birth.

The governor, a pediatric neurologist, also talked about some of the dangerous medical emergencies that pregnant women could face, such as carrying a nonviable fetus. He said that in such a case, the mother would deliver the infant and then, “the infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.” While Mr. Northam was talking about an end-of-life care discussion in the case of a child that would not live, Republicans seized on his remarks as evidence that Mr. Northam supported killing babies after their birth.

Mr. Trump said his administration is holding talks with several groups in Afghanistan, including the Taliban.

This is true.

Mr. Trump said that American forces last month killed one of the leaders of the 2000 bombing of the naval destroyer Cole.

This is true.

Mr. Trump said that American troops have been “fighting in the Middle East for almost 19 years.”

This is false.

American troops deployed to Afghanistan on Oct. 7, 2001, to begin Operation Enduring Freedom — the American military and NATO mission to rid Afghanistan of Al Qaeda. But Afghanistan is not technically considered part of the Middle East — it is in southwest Asia. The United States invaded Iraq, which is in the Middle East, in March 2003 — nearly 16 years ago.

Mr. Trump said that lawmakers in New York cheered the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments before birth.

This is misleading.

On Jan. 22, the 46th anniversary of the Supreme Court’s landmark Roe v. Wade decision, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a Democrat of New York, signed the Reproductive Health Act, which ensures a woman’s right to an abortion in New York if Roe v. Wade were to be overturned. It does not broadly allow abortions until shortly before birth, as Mr. Trump suggested. Instead, it will allow for an abortion after 24 weeks to protect the mother’s health or if the fetus is not viable. Under the prior law, abortions were allowed after 24 weeks only if the woman’s life was in jeopardy.

Fact Checking the 2019 State of the Union Address

What kind of a person sees people wearing white and think KKK?

I just do not get it.

Doy

Nobody cares what the fringe left thought about the speech......what matters is what the whole country thought.:113:

Well of course you are going to say that but in life, reality is 95% perception. The President blasted it out of the park in the minds of the majority. Everything else is noise.:coffee:

Mr. Trump said that America is the largest crude oil producer in the world and that production has hit a record high.

This is true.

The United States has been the largest producer of oil and gas in the world since 2013, a trend that began under the Obama administration thanks in large part to advances in shale drilling techniques.

This is exaggerated.

The number of Americans in the Supplemental Nutrition Assistance Program decreased by more than 3.5 million between February 2017 — Mr. Trump’s first full month in office — to September 2018, according to the latest available data. By comparison, the number of people receiving the aid decreased by 5 million from June 2015 to January 2017.

Mr. Trump said that Ralph Northam, the embattled governor of Virginia, said he would execute a baby after it was born.

This is false.

In an interview last month, Governor Northam said that he supported a late-term abortion bill that would loosen restrictions on the procedure, and allow women to consult with a doctor on an abortion up to, but not including, the time of birth.

The governor, a pediatric neurologist, also talked about some of the dangerous medical emergencies that pregnant women could face, such as carrying a nonviable fetus. He said that in such a case, the mother would deliver the infant and then, “the infant would be resuscitated if that’s what the mother and the family desired, and then a discussion would ensue between the physicians and the mother.” While Mr. Northam was talking about an end-of-life care discussion in the case of a child that would not live, Republicans seized on his remarks as evidence that Mr. Northam supported killing babies after their birth.

Mr. Trump said his administration is holding talks with several groups in Afghanistan, including the Taliban.

This is true.

Mr. Trump said that American forces last month killed one of the leaders of the 2000 bombing of the naval destroyer Cole.

This is true.

Mr. Trump said that American troops have been “fighting in the Middle East for almost 19 years.”

This is false.

American troops deployed to Afghanistan on Oct. 7, 2001, to begin Operation Enduring Freedom — the American military and NATO mission to rid Afghanistan of Al Qaeda. But Afghanistan is not technically considered part of the Middle East — it is in southwest Asia. The United States invaded Iraq, which is in the Middle East, in March 2003 — nearly 16 years ago.

Mr. Trump said that lawmakers in New York cheered the passage of legislation that would allow a baby to be ripped from the mother’s womb moments before birth.

This is misleading.

On Jan. 22, the 46th anniversary of the Supreme Court’s landmark Roe v. Wade decision, Gov. Andrew M. Cuomo, a Democrat of New York, signed the Reproductive Health Act, which ensures a woman’s right to an abortion in New York if Roe v. Wade were to be overturned. It does not broadly allow abortions until shortly before birth, as Mr. Trump suggested. Instead, it will allow for an abortion after 24 weeks to protect the mother’s health or if the fetus is not viable. Under the prior law, abortions were allowed after 24 weeks only if the woman’s life was in jeopardy.

It’s funny what the establishment left thinks is false. Rather silly.

Trump's SOTU speech included a long list of lies and misrepresentations, and every fact checking source is busy sorting through them and presenting the facts to show just how wrong he was. I was particularly irked by his claim that El Paso was a very dangerous place, and that fence quickly turned it into one of the safest places in the US. El Paso was a very safe place long before any fence.

What do you think his biggest lies were?

Fact-check: What Trump got right and wrong in State of the Union address

Trump's SOTU speech included a long list of lies and misrepresentations, and every fact checking source is busy sorting through them and presenting the facts to show just how wrong he was. I was particularly irked by his claim that El Paso was a very dangerous place, and that fence quickly turned it into one of the safest places in the US. El Paso was a very safe place long before any fence.

What do you think his biggest lies were?

That's a matter of opinion.
You stated a long list of lies, but only mentioned one.
I think you're lying about his lies because of this lie you liar. :iagree:

The U.S. economy is growing almost twice as fast today as when I took office, and we are considered far and away the hottest economy anywhere in the world.”

This is false.
The American economy expanded at an annual rate of 3.5 percent in the third quarter of 2018. Growth in Latvia and Poland was almost twice as fast. Same for China and India. Even the troubled Greek economy posted stronger growth. And a wide range of economic analysts estimate that the growth of the American economy slowed in the fourth quarter, and slowed even further in the first month of 2019.

My administration has cut more regulations in a short period of time than any other administration during its entire tenure.”

This is false.
The Trump administration has slowed the pace of adopting new rules, and it has moved to roll back some existing or proposed federal regulations, particularly in the area of environmental protection. The White House claimed that as of October, a total of $33 billion worth of future regulator costs had been eliminated. But experts say the scale of the rollbacks in the Trump era still does not exceed extensive cuts in federal rules during the Carter and Reagan administrations, when rules governing airline, truck and rail transportation were wiped off the books, among other changes.

We have created 5.3 million new jobs and importantly added 600,000 new manufacturing jobs — something which almost everyone said was impossible to do, but the fact is, we are just getting started.”

This is false.
The Bureau of Labor Statistics reports that since January 2017, when Mr. Trump took office, the economy has added 4.9 million jobs, including 454,000 jobs manufacturing jobs. Far from being “impossible,” that is closely comparable to the pace of job creation during some two-year periods during the Obama administration, and significantly slower than the pace of job creation in manufacturing in the 1990s.

More people are working now than at any time in our history.”

This is misleading.
While the total number of people working in the United States is higher than ever, it is not because of the president’s policies. It is because more people than ever live in the United States.

The border city of El Paso, Tex., used to have extremely high rates of violent crime — one of the highest in the entire country, and considered one of our nation’s most dangerous cities. Now, immediately upon its building, with a powerful barrier in place, El Paso is one of the safest cities in our country.”

This is false.
El Paso was never one of the most dangerous cities in the United States, and crime has been declining in cities across the country — not just El Paso — for reasons that have nothing to do with border fencing. In 2008, before border barriers had been completed in El Paso, the city had the second-lowest violent crime rate among more than 20 similarly sized cities. In 2010, after the fencing went up, it held that place.

San Diego used to have the most illegal border crossings in our country. In response, a strong security wall was put in place. This powerful barrier almost completely ended illegal crossings.”

This is misleading.
Border apprehensions decreased by 91 percent in the San Diego sector between the 1994 fiscal year, right after the original border fencing was completed, to the 2018 fiscal year. But, according to the Congressional Research Service, that fence alone “did not have a discernible impact” on the number of immigrants crossing the border into the United States illegally.

As we speak, large, organized caravans are on the march to the United States.”

This is exaggerated.
At the end of January, a new caravan of thousands of migrants from Central America was headed north, and some of the travelers said they intended to try to cross into the United States. But many in the caravan have said they plan to remain in Mexico, thanks in part to policies put in place by the new Mexican government. President Andrés Manuel López Obrador has made it easier for Central Americans to get visas and work in Mexico. President Trump’s warnings of an imminent invasion from new caravans is overstated.

I hope you can pass the U.S.M.C.A. into law, so we can bring back our manufacturing jobs in even greater numbers, expanding American agriculture, protecting intellectual property, and ensuring that more cars are proudly stamped with the four beautiful words: Made in the U.S.A.”

This is exaggerated.
The revised trade deal with Canada and Mexico, known as the United States-Mexico-Canada Agreement, does include provisions that are intended to bring manufacturing jobs back to the United States — like minimum wage provisions for some auto manufacturing. But some economists have said those provisions could ultimately push more manufacturing — and jobs — outside North America. The deal does allow American farmers to sell more dairy products to Canada. But the trade pact has yet to be approved by Congress, and both Democrats and Republicans say that is unlikely to happen without significant changes.

We had the case of the governor of Virginia where he stated he would execute a baby after birth.”

This is false.
In an interview last month, Gov. Ralph Northam said that he supported a late-term abortion bill that would loosen restrictions on the procedure, and allow women to consult with a doctor on an abortion up to, but not including, the time of birth.

Folks that was the greatest SOTU speech and delivery probably in history, totally epic.
Good for Trump

Far from the best ever

Best I have seen of him.

Relaxed, commanding, effective, spontaneous, sincere, informative, I rated it 9.7/10.

Absolutely GREAT.
For Trump it was quite good

Most Presidential I have seen him act

Yeah, he read the prepared speech on the teleprompters reasonably well.
Hard for him to do without freelancing

He did avoid personal attacks which is hard for him to do

Or a cult following.

images

Doy

Well of course you are going to say that but in life, reality is 95% perception. The President blasted it out of the park in the minds of the majority. Everything else is noise.:coffee:

His base has never concerned themselves with the truth. Good thing it's only about 33% of the country.

Here is my take: That was one sympathy-sucking SOTU to not investigate and indict and/or impeach Trump.
It was lame of him to claim America can’t be great if it investigates him
That's certainly the purpose of the investigations. Clearly, good news for America is bad news for the Democrats while Trump is in the WH. The whole agenda of the Democratic Party is gridlock and trash talk about the President. But basically I agree with you that the Democrats will fail to block progress.
The investigations are generating criminal convictions of key members of Trumps staff.
Everything to date has been done by Republicans themselves. Now, Dems will be able to dig
Lot of dirt there

Folks that was the greatest SOTU speech and delivery probably in history, totally epic.
Good for Trump

Far from the best ever

Best I have seen of him.

Relaxed, commanding, effective, spontaneous, sincere, informative, I rated it 9.7/10.

Absolutely GREAT.
For Trump it was quite good

Most Presidential I have seen him act

Yeah, he read the prepared speech on the teleprompters reasonably well.
Hard for him to do without freelancing

He did avoid personal attacks which is hard for him to do

As a manager we're allowed to have our cell phones here at the office but I don't bring mine in because the nurses and other staff aren't allowed to have theirs on the floor except in extreme circumstances. A little step I take to show some team work as hollow as it may be.

When I get into my car each morning, the first few minutes are spent laughing at the tweets from the blob. I imagine there'll be 10-15 of them just taking shots at people .

I'm honestly appalled that the democrats would wear such racist clothing. White attire is a staple and classic symbol of southern slave-owning aristocracy.

What happened to Mini Me?

I thought Trump was going to give a shout out

Here is my take: That was one sympathy-sucking SOTU to not investigate and indict and/or impeach Trump.
It was lame of him to claim America can’t be great if it investigates him
That's certainly the purpose of the investigations. Clearly, good news for America is bad news for the Democrats while Trump is in the WH. The whole agenda of the Democratic Party is gridlock and trash talk about the President. But basically I agree with you that the Democrats will fail to block progress.
The investigations are generating criminal convictions of key members of Trumps staff.
Everything to date has been done by Republicans themselves. Now, Dems will be able to dig
Lot of dirt there
This is a partisan movement directed at eliminating the people's choice in the election for President of 2016, and not for reasons of justice, either. They've had two years to find wrongdoing, nothing is there: TIME'S UP!!!

This is true.

This is exaggerated.

This is false.

This is true.

This is true.

This is false.

This is misleading.

It’s funny what the establishment left thinks is false. Rather silly.

Its more funny that you believe a lying rug.

Forum List

Back