Official Thread for Denial of GreenHouse Effect and Radiative Physics.

It is not just rain. Marin County gets much more rain than Alameda County gets. Napa Valley is hotter than Alameda County. Anyway what I said was said often until the Democrats made Climate an issue.

I want to HIGHLIGHT that I said the SF Bay Area and not just San Francisco.

It is so real that there are articles discussing the varied climates.

That link doesn't verify what you posted ... instead, it repeated what I said ... just they used Middle School words so more folks could understand it ...

What neither you, nor the link do, is provide definitions for your microclimates ... rainfall?, temperature? ... Mt Hebo in Oregon recieves 192" average whereas just 30 miles away Salem gets 36" ... that's not climate, that's terrain ... what brainiacs call Orographic Uplift ... something all locations with 50 miles of the Coast range experiences ... from Lompoc to Juneau ... and the Sierra/Cascade ranges do the same thing ...

You know ... just like the Mediterranean area ...

=====

Just out of curiosity ... why do you post a political comment in a thread dedicated to the discussion of radiative physics? ... and please read your links, make sure they say what you want them to say ... what you posted is strictly about the Mediterranean climate, and nothing about any microclimates ... I've been to Alameda County, and I've been to the Napa Valley ... and I've been to Stockton in July when temperatures were pushing 120ºF three days in a row ... 117ºF, 119ºF, 118ºF ... pickin' goddam cucumbers ... fuck I hate cucumbers ...

Why does the Bay Area have so many microclimates?

The sharp topography and maritime surroundings of San Francisco combine with the unique California climate to produce a number of extremely varied microclimates within its 46 square miles. California's location in the middle latitudes and on the west coast of the North American continent, places it in the relatively ...

Again, just repeating the Köppen Classification isn't defining your so-called "microclimates" ... I understand the exact location of the house I grew up in is in the fog belt ... but that's not caused by anything in the atmosphere, it's strictly the water ... mixing 80ºF river water with 40ºF Gulf of Alaska water ... most people need wetsuits to go into the Pacific north of Santa Barbara ... that cold cold California current from the north ...

It doesn't rain in summer ... that's California's climate ... period ... everything else is political hogwash ... (so at least your pig is clean, so there's that) ...

Again, just repeating the Köppen Classification isn't defining your so-called "microclimates" ... I understand the exact location of the house I grew up in is in the fog belt ... but that's not caused by anything in the atmosphere, it's strictly the water ... mixing 80ºF river water with 40ºF Gulf of Alaska water ... most people need wetsuits to go into the Pacific north of Santa Barbara ... that cold cold California current from the north ...

It doesn't rain in summer ... that's California's climate ... period ... everything else is political hogwash ... (so at least your pig is clean, so there's that) ...
I lived there for more than 78 years. I recall the climates that varied. It doesn't rain in all deserts in the summer either yet you surely know the desert has a climate.

That link doesn't verify what you posted ... instead, it repeated what I said ... just they used Middle School words so more folks could understand it ...

What neither you, nor the link do, is provide definitions for your microclimates ... rainfall?, temperature? ... Mt Hebo in Oregon recieves 192" average whereas just 30 miles away Salem gets 36" ... that's not climate, that's terrain ... what brainiacs call Orographic Uplift ... something all locations with 50 miles of the Coast range experiences ... from Lompoc to Juneau ... and the Sierra/Cascade ranges do the same thing ...

You know ... just like the Mediterranean area ...

=====

Just out of curiosity ... why do you post a political comment in a thread dedicated to the discussion of radiative physics? ... and please read your links, make sure they say what you want them to say ... what you posted is strictly about the Mediterranean climate, and nothing about any microclimates ... I've been to Alameda County, and I've been to the Napa Valley ... and I've been to Stockton in July when temperatures were pushing 120ºF three days in a row ... 117ºF, 119ºF, 118ºF ... pickin' goddam cucumbers ... fuck I hate cucumbers ...
Climates are not merely short term weather, they are long term. Why are we arguing this point?

You haven't demonstrated a strong science background. I will assume you understood my analogy. So, the more CO2 we put into our atmosphere, the warmer the planet will become. And it won't happen instantaneously but it IS happening much, much faster than analogous natural processes to which life has some time to adopt.
I studied science until I concluded studies in college.

Here is a man in an interview who is right up your alley, Dr. Richard Lindzen. Do you think I agree with him or with you?

I'm just asking for a definition ... I've defined my terms ... Köppen Class Cfa ...
I will try again. This is not my definition, it comes from the SF Bay area.
This one says there are 4 zones of climate in the SF Bay area.
What climate zone is San Francisco Bay Area?

San Francisco lies within Sunset Climate Zones 7,9,14, and 17. San Francisco's diverse garden styles are influenced by its multicultural history, geography, and climate. Popular styles include Mediterranean, coastal, drought-tolerant, and native plant gardens.

I will try again. This is not my definition, it comes from the SF Bay area.
This one says there are 4 zones of climate in the SF Bay area.
What climate zone is San Francisco Bay Area?

San Francisco lies within Sunset Climate Zones 7,9,14, and 17. San Francisco's diverse garden styles are influenced by its multicultural history, geography, and climate. Popular styles include Mediterranean, coastal, drought-tolerant, and native plant gardens.

I think your referencing biomes ... not weather averages ... climatology is physics, not biology ... Sunset Magazine isn't really known for in-depth scientific discussions and related mathematics ... at least I've never seen their work calculations ...

Maybe since you lived your whole life in California, you might not be aware that it rains an inch a week in Iowa ... farmers do not have to provide water to their crops ... it rains all summer long in great bursts ... more than enough to grow corn and bean ... rich crops every year without any irrigation infrastructure ...

You know about the Central Valley's system ... nothing like that back East ... not even close ... it rains in summer, grows all kinds of crops ... can't do that anywhere along the West Coast ... we have to haul water to our crops all summer long without any rain ... none .. zip ... desert landscape naturally ... bone dry and burning every year ... no rain a'tall ...

You know ... climate ...

Last edited:
I think your referencing biomes ... not weather averages ... climatology is physics, not biology ... Sunset Magazine isn't really known for in-depth scientific discussions and related mathematics ... at least I've never seen their work calculations ...
I experienced the climates of the SF Bay area when I worked in heavy construction. Say, this issue is not important to me. I recall the varied climates is all I am saying. Give you a small example. Last winter it snowed at Berkeley, CA yet not in Fremont, CA at the same time. I have a caveat. Fremont the city is about sea level plus a few feet. But the limits also include a peak of around 2600 feet where it does seldom snow. A few inches.

Maybe since you lived your whole life in California, you might not be aware that it rains an inch a week in Iowa ... farmers do not have to provide water to their crops ... it rains all summer long in great bursts ... more than enough to grow corn and bean ... rich crops every year without any irrigation infrastructure ...

You know about the Central Valley's system ... nothing like that back East ... not even close ... it rains in summer, grows all kinds of crops ... can't do that anywhere along the West Coast ... we have to haul water to our crops all summer long without any rain ... none .. zip ... desert landscape naturally ... bone dry and burning every year ... no rain a'tall ...

You know ... climate ...

How important in your life is this to you?

I experienced the climates of the SF Bay area when I worked in heavy construction. Say, this issue is not important to me. I recall the varied climates is all I am saying. Give you a small example. Last winter it snowed at Berkeley, CA yet not in Fremont, CA at the same time. I have a caveat. Fremont the city is about sea level plus a few feet. But the limits also include a peak of around 2600 feet where it does seldom snow. A few inches.

One snow storm changes 100-year averages? ... I don't think so ... it snowed there in 1989 ... there was the great hail storms of 1966 ... weather happens ...

San Francisco is too far north for direct rain formation ... that's melted snow falling from the sky ... whether it all melts or not is a matter of dynamics, not long term averages ...

Again ... if you're defining climate by the plants, it's biology, not atmospheric science ...

You know ... climate ...
Biomes in the Bay Area

• Ocean Beaches. The Northern California coast contains both sandy beaches and steep rocky cliffs; the two habitats are distinctly different. ...
  • Salt Marshes. ...
  • Coastal Scrub. ...
  • Grasslands. ...
  • Chaparral. ...
  • Redwood Forest. ...
  • Riparian Woodland. ...
  • Mixed Evergreen Forest.

One snow storm changes 100-year averages? ... I don't think so ... it snowed there in 1989 ... there was the great hail storms of 1966 ... weather happens ...

San Francisco is too far north for direct rain formation ... that's melted snow falling from the sky ... whether it all melts or not is a matter of dynamics, not long term averages ...

Again ... if you're defining climate by the plants, it's biology, not atmospheric science ...
It never occured to me to define climate by plants. It came up due to what you have said.
SF in the summer can be very cold. Down the highway a short drive it will be very hot. I am talking climates. You seem to want to refute what I grew up hearing on the daily news. Also when I worked in construction, I worked all over the SF Bay area and it would take a blind man not to see the changes of climate depending on where in the bay area one is.

I could get rained out in Marin County and go home to Fremont CA and it was completely dry.

How important in your life is this to you?

As important as it is to you ... obviously ... do you know what the "radiative physics" part in the thread title means? ... the definitions of climate I've posted are based on radiative physics ... yours are based on biology ... why is that important to you? ... doesn't it make more sense for you to post in a biology thread instead? ...

It never occured to me to define climate by plants. It came up due to what you have said.
SF in the summer can be very cold. Down the highway a short drive it will be very hot. I am talking climates. You seem to want to refute what I grew up hearing on the daily news. Also when I worked in construction, I worked all over the SF Bay area and it would take a blind man not to see the changes of climate depending on where in the bay area one is.

I could get rained out in Marin County and go home to Fremont CA and it was completely dry.

No definitions ... do you understand "science"? ... you're confusing weather with climate ... of course I'll refute what you heard on TV ... TV lied to you ... why repeat those lies here ... in a thread dedicated to raditaive physics? ...

Do you have anything to say about anything physics? ...

e CO2 we put into our atmosphere, the warmer the planet will become. And it won't happen instantaneously but it
Says who? CO2 follows temperature. You meant temperature will control the release of CO2. Right?

No definitions ... do you understand "science"? ... you're confusing weather with climate ... of course I'll refute what you heard on TV ... TV lied to you ... why repeat those lies here ... in a thread dedicated to raditaive physics? ...

Can’t have a climate without weather

Well this turns out to be a dead end. I discuss facts and read said back to me discussions about me as a person.

As important as it is to you ... obviously ... do you know what the "radiative physics" part in the thread title means? ... the definitions of climate I've posted are based on radiative physics ... yours are based on biology ... why is that important to you? ... doesn't it make more sense for you to post in a biology thread instead? ...
I posted a video for you where a famous climate scientist goes into scientific detail on this topic. I believe if you return to earlier posts, it was you bringing up biology and all I did was use your words to search climates in the SF Bay Area. Those of course matched what you were talking about.

Feedbacks drive uncertainty​

The wide range of estimates of climate sensitivity is driven by uncertainties in climate feedbacks, including how water vapour, clouds, surface reflectivity and other factors will change as the Earth warms. Climate feedbacks are processes that may amplify (positive feedbacks) or diminish (negative feedbacks) the effect of warming from increased CO2 concentrations or other climate forcings – factors that initially drive changes in the climate.

Simple physics shows the world will warm by a bit more than 1C once CO2 doubles, if feedbacks are not taken into account.

Forum List

Back