Official UMSB Mafia Game 7 - Revolution in WiFom City (The Resistance)

I'm probably going to reject this mission no matter what. With how many scum there are in this game, I'm fairly sure I'm right about my read there.

OK, Why am I in the group of scum again? Grandma sure was quick to put me in there after I accused her. In fact, she hardly does anything all game, then suddenly wants to put me in the scum camp without even giving me a chance to defend myself from what she is accusing me of. It's pretty ridiculous. I re-read that quote several times and there was no slip. I also find it interesting on how she suddenly has the time and energy to play when she's being accused by multiple people.

Remember, scum like to see confusion and arguing amongst town. That causes less work for them, letting them stay hidden/lurking.

OK, Why am I in the group of scum again? Grandma sure was quick to put me in there after I accused her. In fact, she hardly does anything all game, then suddenly wants to put me in the scum camp without even giving me a chance to defend myself from what she is accusing me of. It's pretty ridiculous. I re-read that quote several times and there was no slip. I also find it interesting on how she suddenly has the time and energy to play when she's being accused by multiple people.

Remember, scum like to see confusion and arguing amongst town. That causes less work for them, letting them stay hidden/lurking.

I agree and that's what is going on here since there are 4. Kind of surprised to see Cafe agreeing and working with Grandma on that. Of course, she's another one who has been accusing me since the beginning. Then FA comes in out of nowhere and starts up. There are some folks here who are putting in far less effort who suddenly want to come in when they feel like it and call the active people scum. Yeah, I can see what's going on.

Anyway, Grandma is scum. I will not be approving any mission she is on from here on out.

Has Avi submitted his list yet? And if there is a new leader and first time on a team will unused players be used Avi?

That's 6 passes out of 7 from 5 players. This actually clears shaitra right?

Why would it clear Shai? The two of you supporting one another in this game gives me the scum hebbie jeebies. First, Shai saiys she won't vote for me or Arden, but seemingly give a pass to you and Grandma if this mission failed (which it did) and now somehow you clear Shai since the first mission passed with me, Grandma and Shai on it?
No, it doesn't clear me any more than it clears anyone from the first mission. We all need to remember that scum can vote either way on a mission's success.

Cafe, please point out where I gave a pass to Grandma and Josh.

Well, It is very, very likely that there are scum in a group if more than 4 vote down a mission but it could also be possible town feels strongly there is scum in the group. However, I would think if that was the case, the mission leader would just choose someone else so there mission is approved. And no problem about being busy Shaitra. I just want to have some sort of discussion going, even if it is minor just so people don't become too apathetic which is exactly what scum would want. It would be easier for them to get their way with voting and so forth, if there is too much town apathy.
Unless it is the leader that is scum and town knows it.

In that case, the picks are irrelevant other than using that to guess the alignment of those picks (though they are likely town unless it is mission 4).

Shiatras 'logic' is not very logical to me at all. I don't find that to be the case very often with shiatra. That and Cafe's earlier arguments have me really guessing at who I had pegged as townees and scum.

We really need to see the flip though so that all this over analyzation can stop and we can start dealing with at least some hard data. That is going to make a big difference.

You quote Wolfsister and then talk about my logic. What specifically do you take issues with?

I think the person who should be cleared is Cafe. She was on the first mission that passed. And she voted against the second one where there was scum on the mission. Of course, she wouldn't know about the scum on the mission if she is town, but if she's scum, she would not vote against it most likely.

Avi-please tell us who you are considering because we need time to discuss it.

I disagree. What better way to clear yourself than by voting against the mission you are on if you are scum?

He posts a bunch, yet doesn't seem connected to the game, sort of robotic you might say.

Acually I saw something that has Shai leaning Scum now. Leaning hard.

The reason I am reading you as scum if because I am 99.999% sure scum was on my mission. So it has to be you or Shai. Shai started to read me as scum and cleared you and Josh when she did, ( while scum reading me and Arden) and in fact, she also declared she would not vote for any mission I was on. Then you come up with your team which included Josh- and she voted to approves your mission I was on- saying it was now "her plan" to approve suspected scum for missions,- remember she has cleared Josh and you. She painted me as scum and put pretty little lights around Josh and you while discrediting me and Arden. Then Josh decided Shai is not scum after the failed mission today- when she was not on it- and all the while I was yelling there were scum on your team and I disapproved those your wanted to send. None of it
Grandma is looking like scum to me. I read town for Cafe as her reasoning here is pretty sound. I had misgivings earlier but she has been posting a lot of logic and that is what we need. What we have so far:

We KNOW there is at least one scum in this group:
Josh_B
Grandma
CaféAuLait
★Arden

There is suspicion that there is at least one scum in this group:
CaféAuLait
Grandma
Shaitra

Not to sure about the shai/josh dynamic. I don't think either of them should be included on a team atm. If both grandma AND Shaitra are scum then the mission results make a lot more sense though - having two scum on mission one certainly would make it more difficult for scum to fail the mission given there were only 3 players in that group. If they both failed it, the players on that mission would have been totally excluded from any further missions and our win would have almost been assured. Therefore, they both may have passed the mission.

How that might have played out in mission 2, I am less sure. We only have one confirmed scum there but 2 suspicious players. How would they have coordinated their votes? I have not seen anything to indicate a coordinated effort or a crumb trail that would indicate how they were going to vote. That becomes even less workable if there were more than 2 scum on that team. Of course, as grandma picked the team the other scum might have voted to pass relying on her to fail the mission while they voted to pass.... :\

I don't agree with wolf as a selection for the next team - I am not getting a town vibe at all from wolf this game.

Of course I was reading Wake as scum and I still hold that to be true until Aye's posting shows otherwise. I don't think that Aye should be going on the mission either.

Possible scum -
1. Grandma
2. Shaitra
3. Josh_B
4. Wolfster/Aye

I get town from Arden, Avatar, and Cafe. Moonglow is kind of a wildcard considering there really is no way of 'reading' moonglow.
Why is Arden a town read? She has posted almost nothing of content.

I think the person who should be cleared is Cafe. She was on the first mission that passed. And she voted against the second one where there was scum on the mission. Of course, she wouldn't know about the scum on the mission if she is town, but if she's scum, she would not vote against it most likely.

I disagree. What better way to clear yourself than by voting against the mission you are on if you are scum?

You mean, if you are on a mission and you vote against it, that's a good scum move if you are scum? Or you mean Cafe voting against a mission that ends up failing looks good if she is scum because she knows it will fail?

this is a difficult mission to plan.

I'm inclined to believer there is only one scum on mission two. Otherwise I think they would have voted 2 for failure. They had no way to coordinate. The odds are better that way.

and since the first mission passed, I'm inclined to think grandma and cafe are not the scum.

I know I'm town. There is no way I'm not sending me on the mission. I am highly suspicious of shaitra and josh st the moment so I'm not sending them.

I'm flexible with team make up right now. ScarletRage how long do I have to make a decision?

You mean, if you are on a mission and you vote against it, that's a good scum move if you are scum? Or you mean Cafe voting against a mission that ends up failing looks good if she is scum because she knows it will fail?

Yes to the second one. If Cafe is scum, and then votes against the mission personnel because she thinks there is scum on the team, she looks good when the mission fails because she has the choice to vote against it as scum. She then can say I told you there was scum on the mission, but it wasn't me.

this is a difficult mission to plan.

I'm inclined to believer there is only one scum on mission two. Otherwise I think they would have voted 2 for failure. They had no way to coordinate. The odds are better that way.

and since the first mission passed, I'm inclined to think grandma and cafe are not the scum.

I know I'm town. There is no way I'm not sending me on the mission. I am highly suspicious of shaitra and josh st the moment so I'm not sending them.

I'm flexible with team make up right now. ScarletRage how long do I have to make a decision?

You are willing to clear grandma and cafe based on the first mission? Why not me?

Grandma is looking like scum to me. I read town for Cafe as her reasoning here is pretty sound. I had misgivings earlier but she has been posting a lot of logic and that is what we need. What we have so far:

Josh_B
Grandma
CaféAuLait
★Arden

CaféAuLait
Grandma
Shaitra

Not to sure about the shai/josh dynamic. I don't think either of them should be included on a team atm. If both grandma AND Shaitra are scum then the mission results make a lot more sense though - having two scum on mission one certainly would make it more difficult for scum to fail the mission given there were only 3 players in that group. If they both failed it, the players on that mission would have been totally excluded from any further missions and our win would have almost been assured. Therefore, they both may have passed the mission.

How that might have played out in mission 2, I am less sure. We only have one confirmed scum there but 2 suspicious players. How would they have coordinated their votes? I have not seen anything to indicate a coordinated effort or a crumb trail that would indicate how they were going to vote. That becomes even less workable if there were more than 2 scum on that team. Of course, as grandma picked the team the other scum might have voted to pass relying on her to fail the mission while they voted to pass.... :\

I don't agree with wolf as a selection for the next team - I am not getting a town vibe at all from wolf this game.

Of course I was reading Wake as scum and I still hold that to be true until Aye's posting shows otherwise. I don't think that Aye should be going on the mission either.

Possible scum -
1. Grandma
2. Shaitra
3. Josh_B
4. Wolfster/Aye

I get town from Arden, Avatar, and Cafe. Moonglow is kind of a wildcard considering there really is no way of 'reading' moonglow.

So let me get this straight. You are scumreading me, Aye, Grandma, Shaitra, and Josh.

You are only townreading 3 people. Arden, Avatar, Cafe.

And Moonglow is a wildcard.

So your suggestion for the next mission is Avi, yourself, Arden, and Cafe.

Am I right here?

I forgot to ask, your post 607, what is it you saw which makes you lean hard Shai is scum in her post?

From her post #58:
Avi's got an interesting idea about nominating the leaders for the remaining mission. That should help us get a handle on who is town by how the missions turn out.

That's a damn risky idea.

Josh_B
Grandma
CaféAuLait
★Arden

CaféAuLait
Grandma
Shaitra

Possible scum -
1. Grandma
2. Shaitra
3. Josh_B
4. Wolfster/Aye

Lots of fail in that post.

"There is suspicion that there is at least one scum in this group:
CaféAuLait
Grandma
Shaitra

Suspicion based on what? Paranoia isn't good enough. Yeah, I'm paranoid too, but we really need evidence.

"having two scum on mission one certainly would make it more difficult for scum to fail the mission given there were only 3 players in that group. If they both failed it, the players on that mission would have been totally excluded from any further missions and our win would have almost been assured."

Not with 2 more Scum in the pool.

"How that might have played out in mission 2, I am less sure. We only have one confirmed scum there but 2 suspicious players. How would they have coordinated their votes? I have not seen anything to indicate a coordinated effort or a crumb trail that would indicate how they were going to vote. That becomes even less workable if there were more than 2 scum on that team. Of course, as grandma picked the team the other scum might have voted to pass relying on her to fail the mission while they voted to pass.... :\"

Too much WIFOM. Too little looking at all the probabilities.

"Of course I was reading Wake as scum and I still hold that to be true until Aye's posting shows otherwise. I don't think that Aye should be going on the mission either.

Possible scum -
1. Grandma
2. Shaitra
3. Josh_B
4. Wolfster/Aye

I get town from Arden, Avatar, and Cafe. Moonglow is kind of a wildcard considering there really is no way of 'reading' moonglow."

Could you elaborate on those reads?

Josh_B
Grandma
CaféAuLait
★Arden

CaféAuLait
Grandma
Shaitra

Possible scum -
1. Grandma
2. Shaitra
3. Josh_B
4. Wolfster/Aye

So let me get this straight. You are scumreading me, Aye, Grandma, Shaitra, and Josh.

You are only townreading 3 people. Arden, Avatar, Cafe.

And Moonglow is a wildcard.

So your suggestion for the next mission is Avi, yourself, Arden, and Cafe.

Am I right here?
I've always have been the joker...

Josh_B
Grandma
CaféAuLait
★Arden

CaféAuLait
Grandma
Shaitra

Possible scum -
1. Grandma
2. Shaitra
3. Josh_B
4. Wolfster/Aye

Lots of fail in that post.

"There is suspicion that there is at least one scum in this group:
CaféAuLait
Grandma
Shaitra

Suspicion based on what? Paranoia isn't good enough. Yeah, I'm paranoid too, but we really need evidence.

"having two scum on mission one certainly would make it more difficult for scum to fail the mission given there were only 3 players in that group. If they both failed it, the players on that mission would have been totally excluded from any further missions and our win would have almost been assured."

Not with 2 more Scum in the pool.

"How that might have played out in mission 2, I am less sure. We only have one confirmed scum there but 2 suspicious players. How would they have coordinated their votes? I have not seen anything to indicate a coordinated effort or a crumb trail that would indicate how they were going to vote. That becomes even less workable if there were more than 2 scum on that team. Of course, as grandma picked the team the other scum might have voted to pass relying on her to fail the mission while they voted to pass.... :\"

Too much WIFOM. Too little looking at all the probabilities.

"Of course I was reading Wake as scum and I still hold that to be true until Aye's posting shows otherwise. I don't think that Aye should be going on the mission either.

Possible scum -
1. Grandma
2. Shaitra
3. Josh_B
4. Wolfster/Aye

I get town from Arden, Avatar, and Cafe. Moonglow is kind of a wildcard considering there really is no way of 'reading' moonglow."

Could you elaborate on those reads?
I can guarantee I is no scum...

Forum List

Back