Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
That's what I would expect from CNN.. polling their own... I am surprised however that it wasn't 10/10. This means 4 out of ten of their left wing people didn't think Biden did well...

Actually, only 28% thought Trump won. The rest thought it was a draw.

Safe to say other than rallying the proud boys tonight’s debate did nothing for either candidate. I suspect more people were appalled by Trump than disappointed by Biden.

Good point. The thing is, six months of talking about "Sleepy Joe", Biden didn't have a very high bar to cross. He did what he had to do. He looked engaged and he hit back when needed.
That’s sad that’s all you think of Biden, presidential candidate, was to not mess up!
THe Biden camp buried the bar so Joe could walk over it without tripping... The bar was so low that Joe could have low-crawled over it on his belly.

The bar sti
It has been a sad day since COVID-19 hit.

No, what is sad is that Trump lied to us about how serious it was, refused to take actions to contain it because he was more concerned with the stock market, engaged in magical thinking to downplay the seriousness of the disease, undermined his own medical experts, openly undermined the governors taking the actions he refused to take, failed to use his powers to produce the resources needed to combat this thing. He made masks part of the culture war when they never should have been.

Every other industrialized country has done a better job at containing this thing than we have.

Government schools will be teaching this as an example of administrative failure for a century.
Of course he was concerned. Shutting down the economy and our schools and hospitals may end up killing more people than the virus itself. Governors took actions alright. NY, NJ and MA governors watched nearly 100k people die. And we have the most deaths because we are the unhealthiest country aka fat. I have explained this multiple times and provided links. Here they are again. Please educate yourself.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Obesity’s Role in COVID-19 Deaths: Big Food, Slow Government to Blame?

BMI and future risk for COVID-19 infection and death across sex, age and ethnicity: Preliminary findings from UK biobank

Even mild obesity linked to severe COVID-19, death, in study

Again, you parrot the lies of Donald Trump. Americans mental health is far more seriously affected by letting a killing disease run unchecked throughout the country than it is by shutting the country down.
Please stop interfering in our elections and no it isn’t . People want to live. Americans are risk takers. They don’t want the Govt telling us how to live. The survival rate from COVID if you’re under 70 is 99.97%. I have a greater chance of dying from a car accident than COVID. Oh and I am currently working while typing to you. It’s called multitasking. Again, please stop interfering in our elections. Worry about yourself.

I'm not "interfering in your election". And you're not multi-tasking. But I do believe you're earning an income while posting.
Yes you are. These posts are blatant interference. Again, I live in Boston and my job is management consulting. It is not a 9-5 role. It is sometimes 25 hrs sometimes 3 hrs. On average it is 60 hrs per week. But I also have a team it’s not just me. But you have lost the debate on substance so you accuse me of something in my personal life that isn’t true

Last night was a total debacle. It was an embarrassment and an insult to voters. I'm embarassed to claim those two are the choices.

It was a sad day for our country
No kidding. And of course you place zero blame on our biased media, which has turned us against one another.

Blame the media?
It was Trump who turned the debate into a circus
What? We were already at each others throats. Media did this in 2016 by supporting the narrative that anyone who supports Trump is a racist, homophobe, transphobe, Islamaphobe. Hence many Trump voters had to become the "silent majority". Cancel culture was given credence and violent protests were not covered accurately until the outlets saw their candidates suffer in the polls.

In my opinion the media should give you the fact and allow the viewers to form an opinion. Not try to form an opinion for the viewer.
Just STOP it.

It was not the media telling Trump how to behave last night

Since when isn't Chris Wallace a member of the Media?? Hell he's been a member for decades.

Once again, it was not Chris Wallace who was out of control and refusing to allow Biden or the moderator to speak

Trump wasn't any more out of control that Biden. Guess you missed Bidens interruptions but then you wouldn't admit he interrupted anyway.

Oh and Wallace is a member of the media. Carry on sheeple.

Biden wasn't "out of control". Not even a tiny bit. Trump was unhinged.

You're voting for a crazy old man who has killed over 200,000 people and who threatened violence and anarchy if he isn't re-elected.
How did he “kill” 200k....please explain. So if you were President there would be zero deaths? Does any country have zero deaths? Please stop interfering in our elections.

I have posted on multiple occasions how Trump's incompetence and bad decisions are killing people. You should have read my posts the first tiem.

I'm not going away and your telling me not to post won't work. Unlike you, I'm not the one lying about who I am and what I'm doing by posting.
In your opinion as a foreigner interfering in US elections. I am not lying. Sorry it doesn’t fit your narrative.

Trump was on defense all night. Every effort he made to pivoting to offense failed miserably. His attacks on Hunter Biden was an insult to every American family who has ever had a family member with a drug problem, and of course, Hunter is not running for President, his father is.
Uh... yeah... bullshit.
Just because someone was/is hooked on drugs doesn't mean they are off limits and guilt free.

Last night was a total debacle. It was an embarrassment and an insult to voters. I'm embarassed to claim those two are the choices.

No kidding. And of course you place zero blame on our biased media, which has turned us against one another.

Blame the media?
What? We were already at each others throats. Media did this in 2016 by supporting the narrative that anyone who supports Trump is a racist, homophobe, transphobe, Islamaphobe. Hence many Trump voters had to become the "silent majority". Cancel culture was given credence and violent protests were not covered accurately until the outlets saw their candidates suffer in the polls.

In my opinion the media should give you the fact and allow the viewers to form an opinion. Not try to form an opinion for the viewer.
Just STOP it.

Since when isn't Chris Wallace a member of the Media?? Hell he's been a member for decades.

Once again, it was not Chris Wallace who was out of control and refusing to allow Biden or the moderator to speak

Trump wasn't any more out of control that Biden. Guess you missed Bidens interruptions but then you wouldn't admit he interrupted anyway.

You're voting for a crazy old man who has killed over 200,000 people and who threatened violence and anarchy if he isn't re-elected.
How did he “kill” 200k....please explain. So if you were President there would be zero deaths? Does any country have zero deaths? Please stop interfering in our elections.

I have posted on multiple occasions how Trump's incompetence and bad decisions are killing people. You should have read my posts the first tiem.

I'm not going away and your telling me not to post won't work. Unlike you, I'm not the one lying about who I am and what I'm doing by posting.

Everyone who reads your idiotic posts just shakes their head.

The only incompetent person I see is you. Go make your posts about your own country Canada.

Last edited:
Tell us more about everyone should go to Chinatown without masks and open borders are the best.

Yes, this crazy thing. Viruses aren't racist. You won't catch one from being near a Chinese person. Ling-ling at the Happy Ending Massage Parlor says she misses you.
Of course you think Pelosi telling everyone to get into huge crowds without a mask was wise.

I ask Again what country has had zero deaths and is the President responsible? You’re just throwing out figures and placing blame without intellectual context.

Well, you didn't ask it, and that wasn't the point.

It isn't that other countries had "no" deaths. It's that they treated this like a medical problem for day one and worked to contain it. Some did very well, like Japan, because they took immediate action. They closed the schools, they cancelled the Olympics, they imposed social distancing.

Trump has fought tooth and nail on every attempt to contain this thing, and he's STILL doing it.

That's what I would expect from CNN.. polling their own... I am surprised however that it wasn't 10/10. This means 4 out of ten of their left wing people didn't think Biden did well...

Safe to say other than rallying the proud boys tonight’s debate did nothing for either candidate. I suspect more people were appalled by Trump than disappointed by Biden.

Good point. The thing is, six months of talking about "Sleepy Joe", Biden didn't have a very high bar to cross. He did what he had to do. He looked engaged and he hit back when needed.
That’s sad that’s all you think of Biden, presidential candidate, was to not mess up!
THe Biden camp buried the bar so Joe could walk over it without tripping... The bar was so low that Joe could have low-crawled over it on his belly.

The bar sti

No, what is sad is that Trump lied to us about how serious it was, refused to take actions to contain it because he was more concerned with the stock market, engaged in magical thinking to downplay the seriousness of the disease, undermined his own medical experts, openly undermined the governors taking the actions he refused to take, failed to use his powers to produce the resources needed to combat this thing. He made masks part of the culture war when they never should have been.

Every other industrialized country has done a better job at containing this thing than we have.

Government schools will be teaching this as an example of administrative failure for a century.
Of course he was concerned. Shutting down the economy and our schools and hospitals may end up killing more people than the virus itself. Governors took actions alright. NY, NJ and MA governors watched nearly 100k people die. And we have the most deaths because we are the unhealthiest country aka fat. I have explained this multiple times and provided links. Here they are again. Please educate yourself.

BMI and future risk for COVID-19 infection and death across sex, age and ethnicity: Preliminary findings from UK biobank

Again, you parrot the lies of Donald Trump. Americans mental health is far more seriously affected by letting a killing disease run unchecked throughout the country than it is by shutting the country down.
Please stop interfering in our elections and no it isn’t . People want to live. Americans are risk takers. They don’t want the Govt telling us how to live. The survival rate from COVID if you’re under 70 is 99.97%. I have a greater chance of dying from a car accident than COVID. Oh and I am currently working while typing to you. It’s called multitasking. Again, please stop interfering in our elections. Worry about yourself.

I'm not "interfering in your election". And you're not multi-tasking. But I do believe you're earning an income while posting.
Yes you are. These posts are blatant interference. Again, I live in Boston and my job is management consulting. It is not a 9-5 role. It is sometimes 25 hrs sometimes 3 hrs. On average it is 60 hrs per week. But I also have a team it’s not just me. But you have lost the debate on substance so you accuse me of something in my personal life that isn’t true
She gets into US politics because she envy’s America.

I ask Again what country has had zero deaths and is the President responsible? You’re just throwing out figures and placing blame without intellectual context.

It isn't that other countries had "no" deaths. It's that they treated this like a medical problem for day one and worked to contain it. Some did very well, like Japan, because they took immediate action. They closed the schools, they cancelled the Olympics, they imposed social distancing.

Trump has fought tooth and nail on every attempt to contain this thing, and he's STILL doing it.
Liar.

1601470209109.jpeg

The bar sti

Lets get rid of metal detectors at airports too... according to your logic.

Blame the media?

Just STOP it.

Everyone who reads your idiotic posts just shakes their head.

The only incompetent person I see is you. Go make your posts in Canada.
makes me wonder why people do.

The bar sti

Management consultant... code name for "unemployed".

Trump was on defense all night. Every effort he made to pivoting to offense failed miserably. His attacks on Hunter Biden was an insult to every American family who has ever had a family member with a drug problem, and of course, Hunter is not running for President, his father is.
Uh... yeah... bullshit.
Just because someone was/is hooked on drugs doesn't mean they are off limits and guilt free.
You will find lame excuses for every disgusting thing Trump does. How do you justify a commander in chief lying by announcing a veteran was dishonorably discharged when in fact they were given an administrative discharge? Do you even know the difference? Hunter enlisted and served. He showed up for the game. Donald Jr. and Erik never even showed up.

January 31: The Trump Administration:
  • Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.
  • Announced Chinese travel restrictions.
  • Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.

go fuck yourself.

January 31: The Trump Administration:
  • Declared the coronavirus a public health emergency.
  • Announced Chinese travel restrictions.
  • Suspended entry into the United States for foreign nationals who pose a risk of transmitting the coronavirus.

go fuck yourself.
And Democrats said he was a racist for doing it.

Forum List

Back