Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
Last night was a total debacle. It was an embarrassment and an insult to voters. I'm embarassed to claim those two are the choices.

It was a sad day for our country
No kidding. And of course you place zero blame on our biased media, which has turned us against one another.

Blame the media?
It was Trump who turned the debate into a circus
What? We were already at each others throats. Media did this in 2016 by supporting the narrative that anyone who supports Trump is a racist, homophobe, transphobe, Islamaphobe. Hence many Trump voters had to become the "silent majority". Cancel culture was given credence and violent protests were not covered accurately until the outlets saw their candidates suffer in the polls.

In my opinion the media should give you the fact and allow the viewers to form an opinion. Not try to form an opinion for the viewer.
Just STOP it.

It was not the media telling Trump how to behave last night

Since when isn't Chris Wallace a member of the Media?? Hell he's been a member for decades.

Once again, it was not Chris Wallace who was out of control and refusing to allow Biden or the moderator to speak

Trump wasn't any more out of control that Biden. Guess you missed Bidens interruptions but then you wouldn't admit he interrupted anyway.

Oh and Wallace is a member of the media. Carry on sheeple.

Biden wasn't "out of control". Not even a tiny bit. Trump was unhinged.

You're voting for a crazy old man who has killed over 200,000 people and who threatened violence and anarchy if he isn't re-elected.

Of course he was concerned. Shutting down the economy and our schools and hospitals may end up killing more people than the virus itself. Governors took actions alright. NY, NJ and MA governors watched nearly 100k people die. And we have the most deaths because we are the unhealthiest country aka fat. I have explained this multiple times and provided links. Here they are again. Please educate yourself.

We are the unhealthiest country because we don't have health care as a right and we have grinding poverty.

Look, guy, either Covid is a hoax or it isn't. Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth on this, and that has prevented a unified response. The rest of the world got this right, this country, not so much.

Yes, the black woman scares you, we get that.

The reality- The fact that you guys are complaining so much about this debate shows how badly Trump did. And they won't get better for Trump, because Wallace was about as friendly as he was going to get. There will be a lot of pressure on future moderators to not let Trump get away with the garbage he got away with.

What an idiot you are. Assuming I don't want Harris because she is black... and even dumber because she isn't black you dolt.
Raaaaciiist.
Just because you think of everything in terms of race, doesn't mean everyone else does.
grow up
Excellent post, sir. Indeed Slow JoeB is the epitome of what is wrong in America these days.

I hope the next leader of the world is Germany and not China, because we're now a mess.

The Free World once sought our leadership and looked at the US as an anchor of global security.

Even if we send Trump packing, the rest of the world will not come running back. They cannot trust us not to elect another Trump. They cannot trust us to keep our word. They cannot believe what we say
Now you speak for the rest of the world?

Pretty sure, Israel remains on our side. Same for South Korea. Japan. UK. Australia. Who do you mean by "the rest of the world"? You always deal in absolutes. I understand it is your way of trolling but this is why you don't have any credibility on this site. None. I get that you're a bored retiree with no life but at least try to put some effort into your posts.
Like this?

In at least seven nations, including key allies like Britain and Japan, approval ratings for the United States plunged to record lows. In Germany, just 26 percent of the respondents held a positive view of the United States — the lowest rating since 2003, the year of the U.S.-led invasion of Iraq.
Who gives a shit what crappy nations think?

Of course he was concerned. Shutting down the economy and our schools and hospitals may end up killing more people than the virus itself. Governors took actions alright. NY, NJ and MA governors watched nearly 100k people die. And we have the most deaths because we are the unhealthiest country aka fat. I have explained this multiple times and provided links. Here they are again. Please educate yourself.

We are the unhealthiest country because we don't have health care as a right and we have grinding poverty.

Look, guy, either Covid is a hoax or it isn't. Trump talks out of both sides of his mouth on this, and that has prevented a unified response. The rest of the world got this right, this country, not so much.
Is that why everyone immigrates to America?

Last night was a total debacle. It was an embarrassment and an insult to voters. I'm embarassed to claim those two are the choices.

No kidding. And of course you place zero blame on our biased media, which has turned us against one another.

Blame the media?
What? We were already at each others throats. Media did this in 2016 by supporting the narrative that anyone who supports Trump is a racist, homophobe, transphobe, Islamaphobe. Hence many Trump voters had to become the "silent majority". Cancel culture was given credence and violent protests were not covered accurately until the outlets saw their candidates suffer in the polls.

In my opinion the media should give you the fact and allow the viewers to form an opinion. Not try to form an opinion for the viewer.
Just STOP it.

Since when isn't Chris Wallace a member of the Media?? Hell he's been a member for decades.

Once again, it was not Chris Wallace who was out of control and refusing to allow Biden or the moderator to speak

Trump wasn't any more out of control that Biden. Guess you missed Bidens interruptions but then you wouldn't admit he interrupted anyway.

You're voting for a crazy old man who has killed over 200,000 people and who threatened violence and anarchy if he isn't re-elected.
How did he “kill” 200k....please explain. So if you were President there would be zero deaths? Does any country have zero deaths? Please stop interfering in our elections.

WRONG. He outwardly refused to answer. He also called Antifa an idea. As Trump said he has accomplished more in 47 months than Biden has in 47 years.

Yes, Trump has accomplished more.

205,000 dead, more dead than Korea, Vietnam and the War on Terror combined.
7 million sick
100,000 businesses lost.
40 million jobs lost
Riots in the streets.
5 million acres of forest destroyed.

Trump has accomplished a lot. We need him to stop accomplishing stuff.

That's what I would expect from CNN.. polling their own... I am surprised however that it wasn't 10/10. This means 4 out of ten of their left wing people didn't think Biden did well...

Actually, only 28% thought Trump won. The rest thought it was a draw.

Safe to say other than rallying the proud boys tonight’s debate did nothing for either candidate. I suspect more people were appalled by Trump than disappointed by Biden.

Good point. The thing is, six months of talking about "Sleepy Joe", Biden didn't have a very high bar to cross. He did what he had to do. He looked engaged and he hit back when needed.
That’s sad that’s all you think of Biden, presidential candidate, was to not mess up!
THe Biden camp buried the bar so Joe could walk over it without tripping... The bar was so low that Joe could have low-crawled over it on his belly.

The bar sti
It has been a sad day since COVID-19 hit.

No, what is sad is that Trump lied to us about how serious it was, refused to take actions to contain it because he was more concerned with the stock market, engaged in magical thinking to downplay the seriousness of the disease, undermined his own medical experts, openly undermined the governors taking the actions he refused to take, failed to use his powers to produce the resources needed to combat this thing. He made masks part of the culture war when they never should have been.

Every other industrialized country has done a better job at containing this thing than we have.

Government schools will be teaching this as an example of administrative failure for a century.

Coronavirus Disease 2019 (COVID-19)

Obesity’s Role in COVID-19 Deaths: Big Food, Slow Government to Blame?

BMI and future risk for COVID-19 infection and death across sex, age and ethnicity: Preliminary findings from UK biobank

Even mild obesity linked to severe COVID-19, death, in study

Again, you parrot the lies of Donald Trump. Americans mental health is far more seriously affected by letting a killing disease run unchecked throughout the country than it is by shutting the country down.
Please stop interfering in our elections and no it isn’t . People want to live. Americans are risk takers. They don’t want the Govt telling us how to live. The survival rate from COVID if you’re under 70 is 99.97%. I have a greater chance of dying from a car accident than COVID. Oh and I am currently working while typing to you. It’s called multitasking. Again, please stop interfering in our elections. Worry about yourself.

I'm not "interfering in your election". And you're not multi-tasking. But I do believe you're earning an income while posting.

Blame the media?

Just STOP it.

How did he “kill” 200k....please explain. So if you were President there would be zero deaths? Does any country have zero deaths? Please stop interfering in our elections.
According to the experts over a million we’re supposed to die. So Trump saved 800,000 Americans!

WRONG. He outwardly refused to answer. He also called Antifa an idea. As Trump said he has accomplished more in 47 months than Biden has in 47 years.

7 million sick
100,000 businesses lost.
40 million jobs lost
Riots in the streets.

Tell us more about everyone should go to Chinatown without masks and open borders are the best.

Trump was on defense all night. Every effort he made to pivoting to offense failed miserably. His attacks on Hunter Biden was an insult to every American family who has ever had a family member with a drug problem, and of course, Hunter is not running for President, his father is.

Nope. We were unhealthy before COVID and even rich people are fat and unhealthy. Shit look at Trump. Why? Because we eat like crap and don’t exercise enough. We had a unified response. I work from home now and have been since March as does my wife. My kids are going to school via Zoom and have been home since March. Gyms and restaurants closed. Yet the virus spreads. Our survival rate for those under 70 is 99.97%. We have learned a lot. I donate Convalescent Plasma and making another donation tomorrow.

I am uncertain of what more we can do. Vaccine is on its way. Maybe multiple vaccines. Can you name one professional or college athlete who has died from COVID?

Blame the media?

Just STOP it.

Biden interrupted as much as Trump did. No one was unhinged. You have never seen an unhinged human. I have.

Trump didn't kill 200,000 people. The Chinese did. The pandemic that they released on the world did. Pandemics kill. The Spanish flue in 1918 killed 20 million. The bubonic plague almost wiped out the human race. Pandemics kill not matter who's calling the shot. You sure are stupid.

No one threatened violence and anarchy.

You aren't even American. Go take care of your own country and keep your idiotic posts to yourself. Idiot.

Trump was on defense all night. Every effort he made to pivoting to offense failed miserably. His attacks on Hunter Biden was an insult to every American family who has ever had a family member with a drug problem, and of course, Hunter is not running for President, his father is.
His father also helped him get millions from Ukraine, Russia and China. So that needs to be on the table and Biden refused to answer if he would pack the court and called Antifa an idea.

Blame the media?

Just STOP it.

Biden interrupted as much as Trump did. No one was unhinged. You have never seen an unhinged human. I have.

Trump didn't kill 200,000 people. The Chinese did. The pandemic that they released on the world did. Pandemics kill. The Spanish flue in 1918 killed 20 million. The bubonic plague almost wiped out the human race. Pandemics kill not matter who's calling the shot. You sure are stupid.

You aren't even American. Go take care of your own country and keep your idiotic posts to yourself. Idiot.
Can anyone name one major country with zero deaths? And is the president of that country responsible for every death or just DJT?

7 million sick
100,000 businesses lost.
40 million jobs lost
Riots in the streets.

I ask Again what country has had zero deaths and is the President responsible? You’re just throwing out figures and placing blame without intellectual context.

Blame the media?

Just STOP it.

Can anyone name one major country with zero deaths? And is the president of that country responsible for every death or just DJT?

Every country that I've read about has had deaths. No one escaped this virus. Some more than others. No President of any country is responsible for the deaths. The pandemic is. I'd also say the Chinese are responsible for letting it get out of their country. They are the ones to blame. Them and them alone.

Blame the media?

Just STOP it.

I have posted on multiple occasions how Trump's incompetence and bad decisions are killing people. You should have read my posts the first tiem.

I'm not going away and your telling me not to post won't work. Unlike you, I'm not the one lying about who I am and what I'm doing by posting.

Forum List

Back