Official USMB Debate 2020 -- "Round One" Thread..

Was the first presidential debate a "shit show"?

• Yes

Votes: 59 88.1%
  • No

Votes: 8 11.9%

• Total voters
I totally agree. Biden lied most of the time, scoffed and chuckled about things that were true. In other words - like any politician. I am only speaking about the debate itself. Just the debate.
You can't possibly say Trump acted like a President last night. That was the leader of the free world??
I don't know what happened to him. He has never acted that unhinged before.

You're kidding, right? Trump has been this fucking unhinged for the last four years. This is who Trump is. This is what you all voted for when you passed up 16 other candidates, including Governor and Senators, to pick THIS clown.

You sound like the Bride who complains about the husband her whole family told her NOT to marry.

Bided refused to admit he would pack the court, just didn't answer. Biden also called Antifa an "idea". Trump was unhinged. Four years of dealing with the biased media came spilling out in one debate. Likely felt refreshing for him but IMO was a poor strategy. Biden also denied that Hunter received all that money from Burisma, China and Russia but he did. Poor performance by both candidates.

From 2014 to 2019, Hunter Biden was a paid member of the board of directors of Burisma Holdings, a large Ukrainian natural gas producer. The company’s owner, Mykola Zlochevsky, was investigated for alleged corruption and bribery in the U.K. and Ukraine. Between 2015 and 2016, Ukraine’s prosecutor general was Viktor Shokin, whose office conducted an investigation into Zlochevsky.

In January 2018, Joe Biden spoke at a Council on Foreign Relations meeting and recounted the pressure that the Obama administration in general, and himself in particular, had placed on Ukraine’s government to fire Shokin. That pressure included threatening to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees to the country.''

Hunter Biden and his associate, Archer, had a financial relationship with Russian businesswoman Elena Baturina. Baturina is the former wife of the late Yuri Luzhkov, who was the mayor of Moscow and was fired in 2010 by then-Russian president Dmitry Medvedev over corruption allegations. Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor.

On Feb. 14, 2014, Baturina wired $3.5 million to a Rosemont Seneca Thornton LLC (Rosemont Seneca Thornton) bank account for a “Consultancy Agreement DD12.02.2014.” Rosemont Seneca Thornton is an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden that was incorporated on May 28, 2013 in Wilmington, Del.

Rosemont Seneca Thornton was not Hunter Biden’s company. He had nothing to do with that company.

I will wait for your admission of error again.
Lone Leftist please stop trolling.

Hunter Biden announced his intention to resign from the company in October 2019 so as not to complicate the U.S. Presidential aspirations of his father, Joe Biden,[5] but as of Q2 2020 company records still show him employed as a board member.

Anyone who defends Hunter Biden mysterious windfall from not one, or two but THREE different foreign companies...and then try to say his father didn't use his position to make that happen is being ridiculous.
Joe Biden has a long history of enriching family members. PERIOD.
Hunter did say his daddy being VP helped him.

"Feb. 14, 2014, Baturina wired $3.5 million to a Rosemont Seneca Thornton bank account for a ‘Consultancy Agreement,’" the report said. "Rosemont Seneca Thornton is an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden."

The report also states that Rosemont Seneca Thorton served as a pass-through for Baturina’s investments in a Chinese-based tech start-up in Buffalo, N.Y.

Again. Different company. Fool.

What now? Will you say that this is ”something Biden would do” so you won't have to admit how fucking destructive your total lack of facts is?
It is not. You do not understand how complex corporate structures work as you're a failed small business owner. Ask your smarter wealthier brother.

Keep digging. You are wrong. Not Biden’s company. Period.
sure it is.

I totally agree. Biden lied most of the time, scoffed and chuckled about things that were true. In other words - like any politician. I am only speaking about the debate itself. Just the debate.
You can't possibly say Trump acted like a President last night. That was the leader of the free world??

You're kidding, right? Trump has been this fucking unhinged for the last four years. This is who Trump is. This is what you all voted for when you passed up 16 other candidates, including Governor and Senators, to pick THIS clown.

You sound like the Bride who complains about the husband her whole family told her NOT to marry.

Bided refused to admit he would pack the court, just didn't answer. Biden also called Antifa an "idea". Trump was unhinged. Four years of dealing with the biased media came spilling out in one debate. Likely felt refreshing for him but IMO was a poor strategy. Biden also denied that Hunter received all that money from Burisma, China and Russia but he did. Poor performance by both candidates.

From 2014 to 2019, Hunter Biden was a paid member of the board of directors of Burisma Holdings, a large Ukrainian natural gas producer. The company’s owner, Mykola Zlochevsky, was investigated for alleged corruption and bribery in the U.K. and Ukraine. Between 2015 and 2016, Ukraine’s prosecutor general was Viktor Shokin, whose office conducted an investigation into Zlochevsky.

In January 2018, Joe Biden spoke at a Council on Foreign Relations meeting and recounted the pressure that the Obama administration in general, and himself in particular, had placed on Ukraine’s government to fire Shokin. That pressure included threatening to withhold $1 billion in loan guarantees to the country.''

Hunter Biden and his associate, Archer, had a financial relationship with Russian businesswoman Elena Baturina. Baturina is the former wife of the late Yuri Luzhkov, who was the mayor of Moscow and was fired in 2010 by then-Russian president Dmitry Medvedev over corruption allegations. Baturina became Russia’s only female billionaire when her plastics company, Inteko, received a series of Moscow municipal contracts while her husband was mayor.

On Feb. 14, 2014, Baturina wired $3.5 million to a Rosemont Seneca Thornton LLC (Rosemont Seneca Thornton) bank account for a “Consultancy Agreement DD12.02.2014.” Rosemont Seneca Thornton is an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden that was incorporated on May 28, 2013 in Wilmington, Del.

Rosemont Seneca Thornton was not Hunter Biden’s company. He had nothing to do with that company.

Hunter Biden announced his intention to resign from the company in October 2019 so as not to complicate the U.S. Presidential aspirations of his father, Joe Biden,[5] but as of Q2 2020 company records still show him employed as a board member.

Anyone who defends Hunter Biden mysterious windfall from not one, or two but THREE different foreign companies...and then try to say his father didn't use his position to make that happen is being ridiculous.

"Feb. 14, 2014, Baturina wired $3.5 million to a Rosemont Seneca Thornton bank account for a ‘Consultancy Agreement,’" the report said. "Rosemont Seneca Thornton is an investment firm co-founded by Hunter Biden."

The report also states that Rosemont Seneca Thorton served as a pass-through for Baturina’s investments in a Chinese-based tech start-up in Buffalo, N.Y.

What now? Will you say that this is ”something Biden would do” so you won't have to admit how fucking destructive your total lack of facts is?
It is not. You do not understand how complex corporate structures work as you're a failed small business owner. Ask your smarter wealthier brother.

Nope. I should you the links. As more data comes out you will see that I was correct.
"I should you the links"

LOLOL

Slobbers the imbecile who was just correcting my spelling mistakes.

giphy.gif
Damn autocorrect
Typical con ... blame others for your own failures.
Others? LOL

Who did I blame? Mine was an autocorrect error, your were blatant typos. Poor Waste of Life. Identify as a man today and see how that goes for you.

sure it is.
Leftists are such weirdos. He likely believes that protests were peaceful and that Antifa is just an idea too.

Great, let's see your evidence Hunter Biden had a stake in Rosemont Seneca Thornton...
Already posted it.
Liar. You posted a claim he had a stake. I challenged you now to prove it and your refusal to prove it is now a tacit confession you can't.

Now that you failed that, let's see you prove Hunter Biden revieved even a dime of that $3.5 million that was transfered to Rosemont Seneca Thornton...
I did. Do you want actual legal documents? Transferred is spelled incorrectly as is received. You seem discombobulated.
LOLOL

ShortBus, you already unwittingly posted how Biden didn't get a penny of that $3.5 million. You really have no fucking clue what you're tslking about.
Talking not tslking and nope. Not what I said. If Biden didn't receive it let him say so under oath. Fair?
LOL

He doesn't need to --you already posted he got nothing. You're just too stupid to comprehend what you copy & paste.
You mean doesn't have anything. Where there is smoke there is fire. If truly this is a lie, I'll send you a personal apology. OK, waste of life. Now run off and go back to work.
LOL

Dumbfuck, YOU already posted that he got nothing from that $3.5 million. Maybe you should try re-reading your post on the matter a few more hundred times until you understand what you posted.

:abgg2q.jpg:

Nope. I should you the links. As more data comes out you will see that I was correct.
"I should you the links"

LOLOL

giphy.gif
Damn autocorrect
Others? LOL

Who did I blame? Mine was an autocorrect error, your were blatant typos. Poor Waste of Life. Identify as a man today and see how that goes for you.
The folks responsible for your auto correct feature. :eusa_doh:

"I should you the links"

LOLOL

giphy.gif
Damn autocorrect
Others? LOL

"your were blatant typos."

LOL

You really are in no position to whine about other's spelling.

I don’t see what Trump hoped to gain by his outlandish behavior.

He trails Biden with a month to go before the election. What voters did he expect to win over by showing what an out of control bully he is.
It was more of a hope to avoid than gain – avoid devastating questions about the Woodward book and his intentional downplaying of the severity of the pandemic, the NYT articles about his taxes, in addition to his being exposed as a dishonest fraud, con man, and incompetent ‘businessman.’

Expect more scorched earth tactics from Trump.

When Biden shouted at the President to "shut-up" and called him a "clown", he showed us that he lacks the temperament to be a President

Ya...FINALLY...FINALLY...Biden got pissed. Towards the end of the debate. Hard to blame him when Wallace was totally incapable of shutting Trump up. If you think Biden lacks the temperament...you have no business justifying a vote for Trump
the moderator didn't do his job. Period. he didn't say excuse me mr. vp, but you didn't answer my question. Excuse me mr. VP but you didn't answer trump's question. Trump did his job for him. I loved it. oh poor joe whaaaaaaaaaa

Hey, why didn't Biden respond to the '94 legislation that he passed against Blacks? He called Trump a racist on stage. oh yeah? let's look at the '94 legislation against blacks. crickets.

We can agree on that. The moderator did not do his job. First and Foremost - he did not get them, and most egregiously, Trump to ADHERE TO THE DEBATE RULES. If he can't get Trump to shut up when it's not his turn, it's kind of hard to get Biden pinned down. As I recall - the 94 legislation wasn't one of the questions being asked was it?
if you think ONLY TRUMP was being the dick, then you are as biased as they come. yes trump was interrupting - but THEY ALL WERE. it quickly became normal for the debate itself as wallace LET IT get out of hand. now while i don't envy the job he had in this regard, all share blame in their actions that were horrible across the board last night.

trying to lessen the blow to your side is simply biased ass bullshit you do 24x7.
Thinking everyone was equally culpable because they tried to contain Trump shows your bias

Exactly. Frankly - sometimes both sides are NOT equally to blame, and Trump was absolutely out of control, completely ignored the rules from the start, and Wallace had no control over it. The next moderator needs a switch off mike control - that way, regardless of who interrupts during their opponents 2 mins, if they ignore him, he can shut them up.

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted
Yes. Unfortunate. Shows cowardice.

Trump didn’t punt on condemning White Supremacy
He just can’t do it. Looked like he was going to at first, then backed away
He said Proud Boys stand down and Biden said Antifa is an idea?

No. He didn't say ”Proud Boys stand down”.
He did. LoneLoser. Turn up your miracle ear, fatty.
ShortBus, Impeached Trump said, "stand back and stand by." Asked to condemn white supremacists, he instead tells them to stand by.

face-palm-gif.278959
Stand down and stand back
LOL

It's like you rightards live in an alternate universe where you make up your own alternative facts.

No moron, he said, "stand back and stand by." And immediately after telling thd Proud Boys to "stand by," he says, "but I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left." So rather than condemn white supremacists, he gives them the green light to "do something" about the left. He's a sick fuck who supports white supremacy.

He has formerly condemned white supremacists.-
“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”
Proud Boys being used a white supremacist group is a left wing thing, without merit.
View attachment 394893
Proud Boy with wife and kids
View attachment 394897
More Proud Boys

"But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides."

It was a racist rally to unite the alt-right extremist groups of the Proud Boys, KKK, neo-nazis, and other assorted white supremacists...

... so who anong them are "very fine people?"

Thanks for proving what I said is accurate. Impeached Trump called members of the racist alt-right, "very fine people."

What that transcript says is that you cherrypicked the quote, you dishonest prick. Don't lie to me.

When Biden shouted at the President to "shut-up" and called him a "clown", he showed us that he lacks the temperament to be a President

Ya...FINALLY...FINALLY...Biden got pissed. Towards the end of the debate. Hard to blame him when Wallace was totally incapable of shutting Trump up. If you think Biden lacks the temperament...you have no business justifying a vote for Trump
the moderator didn't do his job. Period. he didn't say excuse me mr. vp, but you didn't answer my question. Excuse me mr. VP but you didn't answer trump's question. Trump did his job for him. I loved it. oh poor joe whaaaaaaaaaa

Hey, why didn't Biden respond to the '94 legislation that he passed against Blacks? He called Trump a racist on stage. oh yeah? let's look at the '94 legislation against blacks. crickets.

We can agree on that. The moderator did not do his job. First and Foremost - he did not get them, and most egregiously, Trump to ADHERE TO THE DEBATE RULES. If he can't get Trump to shut up when it's not his turn, it's kind of hard to get Biden pinned down. As I recall - the 94 legislation wasn't one of the questions being asked was it?
if you think ONLY TRUMP was being the dick, then you are as biased as they come. yes trump was interrupting - but THEY ALL WERE. it quickly became normal for the debate itself as wallace LET IT get out of hand. now while i don't envy the job he had in this regard, all share blame in their actions that were horrible across the board last night.

trying to lessen the blow to your side is simply biased ass bullshit you do 24x7.
Thinking everyone was equally culpable because they tried to contain Trump shows your bias

Exactly. Frankly - sometimes both sides are NOT equally to blame, and Trump was absolutely out of control, completely ignored the rules from the start, and Wallace had no control over it. The next moderator needs a switch off mike control - that way, regardless of who interrupts during their opponents 2 mins, if they ignore him, he can shut them up.
They should get Jerry Springer to host the next debate.

You know... the debates the right tells us Biden won't attend.

I actually sat through the entire debate and listened. WORST DEBATE EVER.

Trump ran roughshod over the rules, deflected, changed topics, interrupted endlessly, and lit into personal attacks. Biden missed some good opportunities. Neither gave any detailed plans or answers to the questions. Hilary Clinton would have wiped the mat with both of those bozos. I really wanted to hear some specifics.

In fairness to Biden, I don't think he knew how to handle someone who wouldn't even follow the simple rules his campaign had agreed to.

Recommendation for next debate: the moderator controls a microphone switch - if they interrupt, go over their time limit - he can switch off.

My favorite part? Watching their faces and expressions.

However - one question was answered for me (and one reason I paid attention) - there is nothing wrong with Biden's mind or cognition, just normality.

I think this is a pretty good take away from this debate: Trump Derails 1st Presidential Debate With Biden, And 5 Other Takeaways

This was maybe the worst presidential debate in American history.

If this was supposed to be a boxing match, it instead turned into President Trump jumping on the ropes, refusing to come down, the referee trying to coax him off, and Joe Biden standing in the middle of the ring with his gloves on and a confused look on his face.
Trump to Joe, I've done more n 47 months than you did in 47 years. drop mic. Biden had no answer.

Did Trump ever stop talking?

Yes, when Biden was lying.

He didn’t insist that Biden explain why he thought Antifa was just an idea

Biden quoted Trump’s FBI director saying Antifa was an ideology

And he's right, they aren't an organized group. In a way, white supremacists are the same - they are a collection of individuals and loosely organized groups around a central ideology. It makes it hard to actually classify them as a terrorist group.

feel free to address me yourself at any time. rightwinger is a proven troll and snarkbot.

but like i said, when you have TDS, you'll always see things in a manner that will support that.

His lack of courage in answering the packing of the Supreme Court is interesting. We ll see if this hurts Biden.
Biden punted
Yes. Unfortunate. Shows cowardice.

Trump didn’t punt on condemning White Supremacy
He just can’t do it. Looked like he was going to at first, then backed away
He said Proud Boys stand down and Biden said Antifa is an idea?

No. He didn't say ”Proud Boys stand down”.
He did. LoneLoser. Turn up your miracle ear, fatty.
ShortBus, Impeached Trump said, "stand back and stand by." Asked to condemn white supremacists, he instead tells them to stand by.

face-palm-gif.278959
Stand down and stand back
LOL

It's like you rightards live in an alternate universe where you make up your own alternative facts.

No moron, he said, "stand back and stand by." And immediately after telling thd Proud Boys to "stand by," he says, "but I'll tell you what, I'll tell you what, somebody's got to do something about Antifa and the left." So rather than condemn white supremacists, he gives them the green light to "do something" about the left. He's a sick fuck who supports white supremacy.

He has formerly condemned white supremacists.-
“Excuse me, they didn’t put themselves down as neo-Nazis, and you had some very bad people in that group. But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides. You had people in that group – excuse me, excuse me, I saw the same pictures you did. You had people in that group that were there to protest the taking down of, to them, a very, very important statue and the renaming of a park from Robert E. Lee to another name.”

After another question at that press conference, Trump became even more explicit:

“I’m not talking about the neo-Nazis and white nationalists because they should be condemned totally.”
Proud Boys being used a white supremacist group is a left wing thing, without merit.
View attachment 394893
Proud Boy with wife and kids
View attachment 394897
More Proud Boys

"But you also had people that were very fine people on both sides."

It was a racist rally to unite the alt-right extremist groups of the Proud Boys, KKK, neo-nazis, and other assorted white supremacists...

... so who anong them are "very fine people?"

Thanks for proving what I said is accurate. Impeached Trump called members of the racist alt-right, "very fine people."

What that transcript says is that you cherrypicked the quote, you dishonest prick. Don't lie to me.

Whassamatter, fool, you don't like me using your source to prove I'm right?

The awful mess was Hidin' Biden and his buddy Wallace. Care4all and other TDS folks prove there are two Americas, those who are mentally ill and those who are not. Hidin' Biden stumbled through lie after lie. And President Trump barely got started. Looking forward to the next "mess" in which Hidin' Biden gets massacred again.
You belong to a cult, and you call us crazy?? :lol: :lol:

You do belong in a cult. A cult of hatred for one man and his supporters. When you treat one person as the devil incarnate, you belong in a cult of ideas.

Not necessarily crazy, just sad.

I actually sat through the entire debate and listened. WORST DEBATE EVER.

Trump ran roughshod over the rules, deflected, changed topics, interrupted endlessly, and lit into personal attacks. Biden missed some good opportunities. Neither gave any detailed plans or answers to the questions. Hilary Clinton would have wiped the mat with both of those bozos. I really wanted to hear some specifics.

In fairness to Biden, I don't think he knew how to handle someone who wouldn't even follow the simple rules his campaign had agreed to.

Recommendation for next debate: the moderator controls a microphone switch - if they interrupt, go over their time limit - he can switch off.

My favorite part? Watching their faces and expressions.

However - one question was answered for me (and one reason I paid attention) - there is nothing wrong with Biden's mind or cognition, just normality.

I think this is a pretty good take away from this debate: Trump Derails 1st Presidential Debate With Biden, And 5 Other Takeaways

This was maybe the worst presidential debate in American history.

If this was supposed to be a boxing match, it instead turned into President Trump jumping on the ropes, refusing to come down, the referee trying to coax him off, and Joe Biden standing in the middle of the ring with his gloves on and a confused look on his face.
Trump to Joe, I've done more n 47 months than you did in 47 years. drop mic. Biden had no answer.

Did Trump ever stop talking?

Yes, when Biden was lying.
like inject clorox - that was bullshit and everyone knows it.
calling the soldiers names - all biden has is an anon quote that's been debunked over a dozen times. we have him on video calling the soldiers stupid bastards.

yet where is the critique from Coyote and the like for the things her side gets wrong, intentionally or otherwise.

trump was an ass last night. he did start the interruptions but he was far from the only one interrupting last night. to say "well trump started it so hell it's all a go for everyone" is a total and complete cop out.

neither candidate was worth a shit last night. period.

I think Trump’s strategy was to be overly aggressive to try to rattle Joe Biden. I don’t think it worked.

If it had worked, you would have heard all the dementia talk. But that wasn’t the case at all. He looked fine. I think it backfired. It made Trump look like a jackass and Biden looked relatively cool under the pressure.

Trump also kept trying to peg Biden with far-left labels. Green New Deal, defunding the police, Antifa, socialism. Maybe he was trying to get Biden to denounce them to lose his far left supporters. I think Biden fumbled on the Antifa question but the rest was handled decently. Biden isn’t that left. Maybe Trump thought he was talking to Bernie Sanders.

Of course maybe I’m assuming too much and Trump didn’t actually have a plan.
HAd Trump waited another 2-4 seconds on about 5 different occasions Biden would have expolded and deystroyed himself... Trump needs to use a little more patience. Biden was stumbeling on several occasions and had he let him speak it would have collapsed.
Yes!
Trump kept peppering him when should have stood back and let him fall

Weird. It looks like we’re all in agreement.

Trump needs to shut up more next debate.
I don’t think he is capable.

I can see why Trump was kicked out of school and sent to military school as a child.

He is unable to control himself

LOL he controlled himself quite well for a man who's had the Dems snapping at his heels for three years. Biden is the one who called Trump names. Guess you missed that you ass. LOL

It was TRUMP who was out of control for 90 minutes

Oh I think he was very much in control for 90 minute. He said exactly what he wanted to say, when he wanted to say it. That's Trump. He's not the one calling out names. That was your boy Biden.

I had a lot of questions answered last night.

Biden will raise taxes for some and raise Capital Gains from 21% to 28%. Guess he doesn't know the more companies save, the more they can expand and hire.

As for his green shit. That would bankrupt the country. A financial wizard Biden isn't and boy does it show.
One thing is for sure, Democrats cannot be trusted to do what they say. Once they get in everything they say goes out the window. In every case, at every level of government, Democrats go back on their word and govern like radical leftists. We wouldn't have to deal with rioters if they didn't support their causes. They just let the mob take over and then blame Trump for everything.

This thread will be unlocked and un-stickied at 5PM Eastern Tuesday for the debate.. DO NOT CREATE OTHER THREADS until 1PM Eastern Wednesday morning.. We do this to put everyone's comments in ONE thread rather than 20 or 40 of them.

Other threads will be closed -- not merged. We're posting floating Announcements in Announcements, Politics, Current Events.. Help us out by BUMPING those and using them for PRE-DEBATE predictions, hype, bets and general hyper-ventilation..

Regular Zone2 rules apply in here.. Don't get reported and potentially TOSSED OUT..

There's a popcorn GLUT because of Covid shutting down the movie theaters so help out the farmers and buy some extra.

1 AM Eastern Wednesday morning or 1 PM Eastern Afternoon?

sure it is.
Leftists are such weirdos. He likely believes that protests were peaceful and that Antifa is just an idea too.
They're an idea that needs bailing out of jail periodically.

He didn’t insist that Biden explain why he thought Antifa was just an idea

Biden quoted Trump’s FBI director saying Antifa was an ideology

Except we know that they are a group of men and women who commit terror acts. You know that too but decided to troll. Why?
Biden’s point was they are not an organization but an ideology that people prescribe to.
So no, Antifa is not a terrorist “organization”
It is not organized

Now, stop trolling

Forum List

Back