Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

I worry about all this revealing as the PR's are saving our asses at night and they will be targeted for night kill by the mafia if they reveal.

I did read, like Wake said, that revealing is commonly done at L-1 unless you are mafia to help town in the rest of the game

Does L-1 mean the first lynching?

L-1 means lynch minus 1

You are about to be done it, you just need the hammer, so you can reveal to help town, it won't help you if your are VT or scum, scum will likely lie, but it can help town if you are a PR-I would not reveal before then unless the roleblocker is gone and you are the cop and only the GF is alive, you can still be shot at night-unless there is enough protective roles that agree to save you

I would NOT reveal if you are jailer or doc unless you are at L-1.

Sameech – A ringer and obviously the best player here. His posts don't scream mafia, but I can't shake the gut feeling that he's bamboozling the living shit out of us.

i am trying to be a more mature and methodical player than in the past. I stopped playing for a reason. I have never played scum, but always got painted as such (well except in 1 game). The scumchat thread at the end of my last game had scum thinking I was a SK or another scum faction because even they read me as so scummy I couldn't be town, so I decided to take time to reflect and start anew, avoiding complex gambits.

Mertex, mabelle, & SB, in no particular order, are of interest to me, and, to a lesser degree, Shaitra, grandma, and ayes. I don't have a huge strong feel for any of them other than SB playing anti-town necessarily. I sort of tend to think more about town PR's early on to see if there is a way to figure out who they are, help them stay hidden, and look for any backhanded clues from them. I suspect I know who is the cop, but I have no clue on the other PR's, but keep doing what you are doing until cop hits on the 1 identifiable scum left in the game.

L-1: Lynch minus one. This either refers to the second-to-last vote before a lynch is obtained, or a state where a player only needs one more vote to be lynched.

I worry about all this revealing as the PR's are saving our asses at night and they will be targeted for night kill by the mafia if they reveal.

I did read, like Wake said, that revealing is commonly done at L-1 unless you are mafia to help town in the rest of the game

No, it means that some player only needs one more vote to be lynched. So what Wake means is if you are the town cop and the next vote for you will be the one that hangs you, that is a good time to reveal that you are the town cop to try and prevent the lynch.

unvote=sameech

It was mainly a just gesture to recognize SB mad skills so far :)

Luissa and mani seem to also have lost interest so I'm fine with voting for them at this point too. It's impossible to play if people don't participate.

I've not lost interest in the slightest. Quite the contrary in fact.

I participated plenty on day one. I didn't post nearly as much on day two because I made up my mind early, and wanted to see how it played out from there. I stand by the end result.:D On both days I posted reads lists, and I'll be posting another one shortly. You really don't want to vote for me.

I believe you. Your posts have been informative and helpful.

mani has moved into town for me

shouldnt that be with you

your fears are justified with so many VT's for scum to hide behind, but in the end, we can only control ourselves in that regards. For instance if we were to lose the doc, we couldn't protect the cop but 1 night with the bodyguard and then he would have to be jailed which would keep him from being able to investigate.

L-1 means lynch minus 1

You are about to be done it, you just need the hammer, so you can reveal to help town, it won't help you if your are VT or scum, scum will likely lie, but it can help town if you are a PR-I would not reveal before then unless the roleblocker is gone and you are the cop and only the GF is alive, you can still be shot at night-unless there is enough protective roles that agree to save you

Thanks...ok. So, the Cop should reveal as soon as they find the Roleblocker, Doc or Jailkeep should reveal at L-1 if they have good info (and in our case they almost certainly do), and the Bodyguard should probably never reveal - except maybe at L-1 to save themselves. Does that sound about right?

stop letting the scum tell you how to play the game

and if he has never been scum odds are he is not.....

btw my husband says yall need to ignore my talk about odds.....since i am math stupid

L-1 means lynch minus 1

Thanks...ok. So, the Cop should reveal as soon as they find the Roleblocker, Doc or Jailkeep should reveal at L-1 if they have good info (and in our case they almost certainly do), and the Bodyguard should probably never reveal - except maybe at L-1 to save themselves. Does that sound about right?

Sounds like a good plan to me.

L-1 means lynch minus 1

I would add the caveat "for now". sometimes later in games, usually when you have a good hider as scum, it is a good move for everybody to come out in the open and coordinate a strategy if you have enough people to basically contain people to the end. For instance, if you could narrow down the suspect pool to 3 and had 4 townies with 3 PR's, you can all agree to focus on one at a time and chance the night kill of a PR because what happens at night each night usually has great relevance. Scum could thwart that play by not trying to kill someone but I have never encountered scum with the restraint to take a night pass even when they were backed into a corner.

L-1 means lynch minus 1

I would add the caveat "for now". sometimes later in games, usually when you have a good hider as scum, it is a good move for everybody to come out in the open and coordinate a strategy if you have enough people to basically contain people to the end. For instance, if you could narrow down the suspect pool to 3 and had 4 townies with 3 PR's, you can all agree to focus on one at a time and chance the night kill of a PR because what happens at night each night usually has great relevance. Scum could thwart that play by not trying to kill someone but I have never encountered scum with the restraint to take a night pass even when they were backed into a corner.

have yall cease to amaze me...yall would talk a damn rock to death and the rock would get the better of most of you...

i do not see a consensus here .....at all...

we got what two for sam, 1 for me....1 for rd

focus people....i am pretty sure i am a townie....i think aye is .....and rd....

sameech not so much he just reeks of scum and sorry ma....you aint look good either

have yall cease to amaze me...yall would talk a damn rock to death and the rock would get the better of most of you...

Your use of "yall" just confirms to me that you are not town, but since I already voted for you, there is nothing I can do but point out that you are playing anti-town, and do not consider yourself part of town in your word choices.

Getting Rosie to get herself lynched to make it easier for you to make yourself appear bona fide town would be a brilliant play, but I suspect you did not really give her a choice considering her open hostility and aggression toward everyone in the game.

Your use of "yall" just confirms to me that you are not town, but since I already voted for you, there is nothing I can do but point out that you are playing anti-town, and do not consider yourself part of town in your word choices.

Getting Rosie to get herself lynched to make it easier for you to make yourself appear bona fide town would be a brilliant play, but I suspect you did not really give her a choice considering her open hostility and aggression toward everyone in the game.

go back and read the last five years of my posts....and count the yal or yalls....go on.....we will not wait

that was pretty lame even for the scummy you

I've not lost interest in the slightest. Quite the contrary in fact.

I participated plenty on day one. I didn't post nearly as much on day two because I made up my mind early, and wanted to see how it played out from there. I stand by the end result.:D On both days I posted reads lists, and I'll be posting another one shortly. You really don't want to vote for me.

I believe you. Your posts have been informative and helpful.

mani has moved into town for me

shouldnt that be with you

I've been using for me the whole game. It's pretty normal for me to talk that way.

Forum List

Back