Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Here you go RD.

On page 57, post 854, Wolfsister votes for Luissa and gives her reason as Luissa is not helping.
RD immediately responds in post 855 and states that Wolfsister isn’t helping either. Page 58, post 856 Wolfsister explains her vote and states that if it looks like a no lynch situation, she will switch her vote. RD responds in post 859 and complains that people are playing the convince me game trying to save the one closest to lynch or overanalyzing things. She then states, “One or two mistaken lynches does not lose us the game. That threat is either mafia or cowardice.”
On page 59, post 875, Mertex quotes Wolfsister’s post 854 from page 57 and states that Wolfsister isn’t helping either by not voting for someone with a lot of votes. Wolfsister responds in post 879 and again says she will change her vote if necessary to avoid a mislynch and by putting in a vote for Luissa, if she dies in the night that will be a clue to everyone else the next day. In post 880, Mertex responds and ignores WS’s reasoning and states that most of the people who have voted for Avatar are not going to change their votes to “please someone that is voting willy nilly for every one.” Wolfsister has not been voting randomly and has explained all her votes. Mertex and RD just don’t like the fact that Wolfsister wasn’t voting the way they wanted her to.
Given the fact that both RD and Mertex voted for Avatar, an innocent townie but did not vote for Rosie, a scum, coupled with the above makes both look scummy to me.

Here you go RD.

On page 57, post 854, Wolfsister votes for Luissa and gives her reason as Luissa is not helping.
RD immediately responds in post 855 and states that Wolfsister isn’t helping either. Page 58, post 856 Wolfsister explains her vote and states that if it looks like a no lynch situation, she will switch her vote. RD responds in post 859 and complains that people are playing the convince me game trying to save the one closest to lynch or overanalyzing things. She then states, “One or two mistaken lynches does not lose us the game. That threat is either mafia or cowardice.”
On page 59, post 875, Mertex quotes Wolfsister’s post 854 from page 57 and states that Wolfsister isn’t helping either by not voting for someone with a lot of votes. Wolfsister responds in post 879 and again says she will change her vote if necessary to avoid a mislynch and by putting in a vote for Luissa, if she dies in the night that will be a clue to everyone else the next day. In post 880, Mertex responds and ignores WS’s reasoning and states that most of the people who have voted for Avatar are not going to change their votes to “please someone that is voting willy nilly for every one.” Wolfsister has not been voting randomly and has explained all her votes. Mertex and RD just don’t like the fact that Wolfsister wasn’t voting the way they wanted her to.
Given the fact that both RD and Mertex voted for Avatar, an innocent townie but did not vote for Rosie, a scum, coupled with the above makes both look scummy to me.

Um, ok, sure

sameech is my next vote i think.....i thought the pinked was scum and as fast as he was replaced i think his role was mafia and that makes sameech mafia...

what do yall think

Wake replaced CafeAuLait with Luissa right away, so I don't see that as a giveaway.

There are three possibilities about Sameech's coming in after Night 1:
A) He is a Vanilla Townie, and Ropey's absence left Town short for the night. The consequence is practically none. If Ropey had been a target for a kill, the scum could just as easily kill someone else on Night 1 and get him later.
B) He is a Town Protector, and Ropey's absence left the town short for the night. This could have serious consequences, leaving someone unprotected, failing to jail (roleblock) a scum, failing to investigate a scum...
I don't think Wake would leave Town short a Protector.
C) He is Scum, and Ropey's absence left Scum short for the night. No real consequence, Rosie and the one other Scum could have picked someone to kill - or did they?

That's what I think

I'm on the fence about Mani, Luissa, and dblack. I would like to hear more from them, a good bit more, before I make my FoS list.

I don't like being on the fence.

Rosie defended Ropey. Sameech defended Rosie. He's all kinds of suspicious.

RD and Mertex are too for being against a Rosie lynch and defending her and pushing an Avi lynch.
Yes, but mine was totally just being too trusting. I didn't trust Avi because he had fooled me once, so everything he said I was thinking he could be lying again.

Rosie was just being clever and I got suckered in to her comments because I knew she was an experienced player.

I admit that I am getting it all wrong, but I did suspect MeBelle at the very beginning. Rosie voted for MeBelle, but it might have been just to throw us off because she knew nobody else was voting for her.

Then there's Mani, who has been keeping his mouth shut. But he did vote for Rosie, which makes me think he's not Scum.

Sameech doesn't give me vibes of being Townie.

R.D. is also making it hard to read her, Avatar voted for her the first day, maybe he had a hunch.

dblack is also one I have no clue. He was voting for Rosie from the beginning.

Luissa doesn't project much of a Townie image, but I don't know if it's because she doesn't seem to be as immersed in the game as some of the others. She voted for me but I think it was more of a revenge vote because I accused her of being Scum. But both she and Mebelle voted for me.

ACSY, Wolfie, Boney, and Grandma convinced me they are Townie with their strong votes for Rosie. Shaitra coming in at the end has me wondering, don't know that Scum would go ahead and sacrifice one of their own to protect the Godfather but it is possible that she knew it was the inevitable.

My strongest suspects are:
1. Mebelle
2. Sameech
3. Luissa
4. R.D.
5. Shaitra

So, I've narrowed it down to 4 for FoS: Mertex, R.D., mebelle, Sameech.

IMO, one of these 4 should be our next target.

I have been back and forth about Mertex. I felt maybe him biting a little on my Rosie is clearly the doc gambit but not enough to say he is for sure scum. I have no read on RD and mebelle. If you want to lynch me, then it will be no more than a nominal loss to town, especially up two nights, so whatever.

I will say the protection I'm able to provide has proven fruitful so far.

You assume at best. I think you are just flat out lying hoping to lure PR's into revealing themselves, but I see no need to vote for you yet. Scum have to make a big play and this feels like a scum gambit.

Assume? Townies are not being killed at night are they?

True, but Mebelle is trying to take credit for it in order to make us think we shouldn't suspect her.

I think he's saying if you are the cop, if you find the roleblocker scum-let us know. The GF will always be innocent so there is no harm in revealing then and a cop role would be about the same as a VT. The bodyguard doesn't really matter too much regarding revealing unless they know a PR that is still helpful to the game they can protect. The Dr. and the jailer should really stay quiet while the roleblocker is alive. They will be blocked at night or killed otherwise.

Huh? I'm not sure I understand what you said....:eek:

If the cop reveals the roleblocker scum, and he lets us know, we would obviously vote to lynch the roleblocker, but wouldn't the GF be able to kill the cop that night? So you're saying that it's enough for the cop to just investigate once, but I think that trying to draw out the GF without the cop's investigating may not be that easy.

True, but Mebelle is trying to take credit for it in order to make us think we shouldn't suspect her.[/QUOTE]

She could also be a VT who thinks she is safe for the lynch but is trying to draw the night kill because she doesn't want to spend the day defending herself when she is not into the game. It is a hard call to make. It just plays as very anti-town in that it could cause PR's to come out if true, but is so flagrant that it is unlikely to me to draw the NK if she is town (at least not in the game with the crowd I used to play with, but this group tends to have some very reactionary game play so who knows)

I think he's saying if you are the cop, if you find the roleblocker scum-let us know. The GF will always be innocent so there is no harm in revealing then and a cop role would be about the same as a VT. The bodyguard doesn't really matter too much regarding revealing unless they know a PR that is still helpful to the game they can protect. The Dr. and the jailer should really stay quiet while the roleblocker is alive. They will be blocked at night or killed otherwise.

If the cop reveals the roleblocker scum, and he lets us know, we would obviously vote to lynch the roleblocker, but wouldn't the GF be able to kill the cop that night? So you're saying that it's enough for the cop to just investigate once, but I think that trying to draw out the GF without the cop's investigating may not be that easy.

There would no need to kill the cop if he were the last scum because the cop has no power in relation to him. He would naturally need to target the doc who could thwart him or the jailer who could jail him, either of which could ruin his night kill.

Here you go RD.

You've given a pretty good assessment of what went down, but your comment that I didn't like the fact that Wolfsister wasn't voting the way I wanted is totally in your imagination. She had taken her vote off Rosie and put it on someone that was probably not going to get any more votes, and we were heading for a stalemate. I was getting frustrated because the fact that Rosie had the most votes, and if those voting for her kept switching to others that didn't make a difference, we were getting close to not lynching anyone. Nobody knew for sure who was scum, and I was of the opinion that even if we lynched a Townie the first day, at least we would have more information to go on than if we ended up with no lynch.
And, I was so sure that Rosie was not scum that I knew I wasn't going to change my vote, and even if I thought of doing it just to get it over with, I was afraid that if I suddenly switched to Rosie, I for sure would look like Scum (the very same thing that syrenn did in the first game when she voted to lynch her partner goon, Moonglow).

If you think I'm scum, go ahead and vote for me, but you'll be helping Scum and not Town.
R.D. and I ended up voting for different people, if we had been working together don't you think we would have voted for the same person and tried to get others to vote for that person too? Your logic is off kilter.

There would no need to kill the cop if he were the last scum because the cop has no power in relation to him. He would naturally need to target the doc who could thwart him or the jailer who could jail him, either of which could ruin his night kill.

Okay, I get it. If the Cop investigates the GF, he is always going to get an "innocent' response....I forgot about that.

o please not 50 more pages...please

vote: sameesh

I am fine with being lynched. It gives scum fewer VT's to hide behind. I am willing to address town concerns. I am willing to try to discuss with town why it is too early to make a role claiming mistake just because a couple night blocks worked. You apparently don't want/need to be involved in day talk because it does not further your win conditions.

Vote: Strollingbones

I have been back and forth about Mertex. I felt maybe him biting a little on my Rosie is clearly the doc gambit but not enough to say he is for sure scum. I have no read on RD and mebelle. If you want to lynch me, then it will be no more than a nominal loss to town, especially up two nights, so whatever.

You assume at best. I think you are just flat out lying hoping to lure PR's into revealing themselves, but I see no need to vote for you yet. Scum have to make a big play and this feels like a scum gambit.

True, but Mebelle is trying to take credit for it in order to make us think we shouldn't suspect her.

Or maybe I'm taking credit where credit is due.
Which kind of puts me in the line of fire for the scum to take me out...Mertex.

Interesting. Mertex is moving more into town for me after her response to my post 1561. On the other hand, RD just blows the post off and remains on my scum radar.

sameech is my next vote i think.....i thought the pinked was scum and as fast as he was replaced i think his role was mafia and that makes sameech mafia...

what do yall think

Wake replaced CafeAuLait with Luissa right away, so I don't see that as a giveaway.

There are three possibilities about Sameech's coming in after Night 1:
A) He is a Vanilla Townie, and Ropey's absence left Town short for the night. The consequence is practically none. If Ropey had been a target for a kill, the scum could just as easily kill someone else on Night 1 and get him later.
B) He is a Town Protector, and Ropey's absence left the town short for the night. This could have serious consequences, leaving someone unprotected, failing to jail (roleblock) a scum, failing to investigate a scum...
I don't think Wake would leave Town short a Protector.
C) He is Scum, and Ropey's absence left Scum short for the night. No real consequence, Rosie and the one other Scum could have picked someone to kill - or did they?

That's what I think

Yes, scum would have picked someone for a night kill even if they were one short. Any person on the mafia team can be picked for doing the kill. To not try and kill someone at night would not be playing to their win condition.

Interesting. Mertex is moving more into town for me after her response to my post 1561. On the other hand, RD just blows the post off and remains on my scum radar.

Actually, Your account of what happened is more accurate. Rosie did not have the most votes, Avi did. Mertex's frustration with me was evident just like she was frustrated defending Rosie at the end of Day 2 when it looked like Rosie was going to be lynched. In your description of what happened, she was pushing an Avi lynch hard. That plus her strong defense of Rosie and never voting for Rosie makes me suspicious still. She also seemed frustrated with Luissa simply for voting for her. Frustration could be normal however, it just isn't something to be ignored when we are looking for any little clue, for me at least.

Yes, RD not only blew off your response to this but sameech's explanation of a post also. She either doesn't understand or doesn't want to which doesn't help her either.

sameech-I'm am inclined to believe him at this point but we'll see.

mebelle-still not sure of her, and the way she is playing seems to be that she is going against what we agree to or not reading and just going her own way

Luissa and mani seem to also have lost interest so I'm fine with voting for them at this point too. It's impossible to play if people don't participate.

dblack-hasn't posted a lot but when he has, they have been good so we'll see

My 4 for town remain.

Nothing much else to add until I know more.

I have no vote at this time.

isnt that vote me out stuff the same crap ropey said?

come on people.....lynch him and lets move on....

You've earned my trust SB

Vote=sameech

Solid town are Grandma, Mabelle, Mertex, and myself
Mani and SB I'm almost certain, too.

I still suspect Wolf and Aye

I take what Grandma observes with most credit. Nothing in her posts are defensive or self serving

Actually, Your account of what happened is more accurate. Rosie did not have the most votes, Avi did. Mertex's frustration with me was evident just like she was frustrated defending Rosie at the end of Day 2 when it looked like Rosie was going to be lynched. In your description of what happened, she was pushing an Avi lynch hard. That plus her strong defense of Rosie and never voting for Rosie makes me suspicious still. She also seemed frustrated with Luissa simply for voting for her. Frustration could be normal however, it just isn't something to be ignored when we are looking for any little clue, for me at least.

Wait a minute....you're going back to the first day. Avi was not even in the equation this go round....Rosie never had more votes than Avi the first go round, go back and read the posts....we're talking 2nd day.

And of course I didn't vote for Rosie, either day, I admitted that I thought she was innocent. MeBelle, R.D., Luissa, Sameech besides me didn't vote for Rosie....that doesn't mean we're all Scum.

I never voted for Luissa, either, that's how frustrated I was with her (according to you)....Rosie turned out to be Scum, so she was wrong about claiming she was innocent, but she was right in that you don't have your facts straight.

Forum List

Back