Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Wow, very impressive town!!

Watch for scum to slip. They have got to frustrated.

I got some ideas and some clues to dig up. May be a little bit.

I can say: Bones, ACSY, Shaitra, Grandma-you guys have solid town credentials.

Seems unlikely the mafia is on vacation.

Sameech - you seem to know this game well. Is there EVER a time when it makes sense to reveal our roles and go after scum more directly? We certainly have the numbers on them. Between the Doc and the Jailkeep, we ought to have a pretty good fix on who the scum are, if we can triangulate.

sameech is my next vote i think.....i thought the pinked was scum and as fast as he was replaced i think his role was mafia and that makes sameech mafia...

what do yall think

WootWoot!!!

Us Townies have done it again!

Way to go!

Wow! Whoever was picked as our Doctor/Cop/Jailer/Bodyguard sure are doing a good job....Thanks, guys/gals.......The Town loves you and is having a BBQ in your honor....:)

So I think the voting thing makes a bit more sense now. I posted about this in twilight because it had puzzled me. But now that we know Rosie's alignment, it makes more sense.

The people who voted for Avatar were: Mertex, RD, Grandma, Rosie, Luissa, dblack, Ropey/Sameech, Mebelle.

The people who voted for Rosie were: Strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou, Wolfsister, dblack, Grandma, Shaitra.

We have found out that Rosie was scum. It stands to reason that at least one other person who voted for Avatar is scum, possibly 2.

FoS: Mertex and RD. Around page 59 both Mertex and RD started giving Wolfsister a really hard time because she put forth a vote for someone other than Avatar and Rosie. It just seemed odd to me.

FoS: Mebelle because she breezed in and hammered Avatar without apparently looking to see she would be the hammer vote and then tried to make it look like a mistake.

Seems unlikely the mafia is on vacation.

Sameech - you seem to know this game well. Is there EVER a time when it makes sense to reveal our roles and go after scum more directly? We certainly have the numbers on them. Between the Doc and the Jailkeep, we ought to have a pretty good fix on who the scum are, if we can triangulate.

Yes but it may be too early and even if it is not, not everyone should do it, especially not the doc or the cop yet. They are still too many potential rounds. Just think about what combination of PR's could protect each other at night that someone critical won't be gone by the end. I'll try to figure out the math and if there is a way to do the reveals where everyone is safe, but I doubt there is. I suspect the jailer is the person saving our skins at night so far. Unless cop had a for certain on scum, it would be too risky for him to reveal because he is really useless against the Godfather but we need him to find the other scum.

It would probably be better to take this day to try to hone some backhanded communication skills.

I'm having a hard time reading sameech. I don't understand why he got so bent out of shape after we lynched Rosie during twilight. But then he tosses off the comment that he is the godfather so go ahead and lynch him. He's played enough to know that revealing his role could get him modkilled. So is he innocent? Or is he the other goon so saying he is the godfather isn't technically revealing his roll?

something i do not know the answer to would be whether or not jailing the godfather would stop all kills or it is the person they assign the kill that has to be blocked. It is not a role I know a lot about other than having been accused of being it a few times in games and reading about in on mafia wiki. This is my first game with a GF.

Rosie defended Ropey. Sameech defended Rosie. He's all kinds of suspicious.

RD and Mertex are too for being against a Rosie lynch and defending her and pushing an Avi lynch.

Grandma, when you think about it, it would be against playing to your win condition, especially if you are scum. So maybe it's not really revealing your role that is the problem but not playing to your win condition.

I've said the 4 I think are town and the 3 I think are suspicious but the others I can't read because they aren't here-mani, mebelle, luissa

dblack I am unsure of, sometimes I think he's town, sometimes he seems scummy, hard to tell

Rosie defended Ropey. Sameech defended Rosie. He's all kinds of suspicious.

RD and Mertex are too for being against a Rosie lynch and defending her and pushing an Avi lynch.

Yes, I remember how Rosie defended Ropey and Sameech defended Rosie. He's also someone to watch.

I'm having a hard time reading sameech. I don't understand why he got so bent out of shape after we lynched Rosie during twilight. But then he tosses off the comment that he is the godfather so go ahead and lynch him. He's played enough to know that revealing his role could get him modkilled. So is he innocent? Or is he the other goon so saying he is the godfather isn't technically revealing his roll?

I got bent out of shape because I was trying to stop the lynch and throw out a poser defense long enough to see if we could flush out another scum besides her by seeing if somebody took the chance to try to build momentum against the #2 on the list. Once that was no longer on the table, I was hoping I could possibly set myself up not to get killed at night because I have a working theory that scum won't waste a night kill on somebody they think they can lynch in the day.

Likewise asking everybody to post suggestions for the PR's was more to get so many names out their that scum wouldn't have any solid idea of who to go after because town can never agree on anything. I knew there would likely be too many names thrown out for scum to work with and hoped it might create some confusion. I for instance believe there are some clues out there of who is the cop, and believe that person should keep quiet until they definitely have an ID on the remaining non-GF scum or until the process of elimination has us with a better advantage.

I didn't know revealing one's role could get them modkilled.

C'mon, scum tell us your roles!!:D

I think scum revealing themselves could. There's probably reasons at some points in the game that you can make a claim to be the cop or a VT or whatever if it benefits the game. Then if you lie, the real person can claim or if you are telling the truth, you work out in the open or tell others not to save you at night or whatever.

I think with the roleblocker and godfather around, they are the two most potent scum and we should be careful.

The scum roleblocker is still alive so the Cop should stay hidden for sure.

There's no real value in revealing the cop role. The only roles that might want to come out of the closet would be the jailkeep and the doc, as they are the ones who have the info on why mafia has failed in their hit attempts. But let's hold off. That's not something we want to do unless it's a lock ie predicts a clear inevitable victory.

Forum List

Back