Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

I didn't know revealing one's role could get them modkilled.

C'mon, scum tell us your roles!!:D

I am pretty certain the answer is no or I would have been modkilled when I revealed I was a VT farmer. I don't think Wake does that, though personally I wish that were the rule.

I am pretty certain the answer is no or I would have been modkilled when I revealed I was a VT farmer. I don't think Wake does that, though personally I wish that were the rule.

I think Wake is giving us quite a bit of leeway on the rules until we get 'hooked'. (the first one - or in this case, the first two or three - is always free!) :)

OK, Of the Avi voters who did not vote for Rosie, here is the list: Mertex, R.D., Mebelle, Ropey/Sameech, Luissa.

Of those Mertex, RD, Sameech defended Rosie the most.

Mertex and RD both seem very fixated on a Avi lynch, didn't like it that I didn't pick Rosie or Avi, Mebelle comes in at the last minute and switches her votes around and delivers the hammer and says she didn't know she did it, Luissa I'm not sure.

So, I've narrowed it down to 4 for FoS: Mertex, R.D., mebelle, Sameech.

IMO, one of these 4 should be our next target.

So I think the voting thing makes a bit more sense now. I posted about this in twilight because it had puzzled me. But now that we know Rosie's alignment, it makes more sense.

The people who voted for Avatar were: Mertex, RD, Grandma, Rosie, Luissa, dblack, Ropey/Sameech, Mebelle.

The people who voted for Rosie were: Strollingbones, AyeCantSeeYou, Wolfsister, dblack, Grandma, Shaitra.

We have found out that Rosie was scum. It stands to reason that at least one other person who voted for Avatar is scum, possibly 2.

FoS: Mertex and RD. Around page 59 both Mertex and RD started giving Wolfsister a really hard time because she put forth a vote for someone other than Avatar and Rosie. It just seemed odd to me.

FoS: Mebelle because she breezed in and hammered Avatar without apparently looking to see she would be the hammer vote and then tried to make it look like a mistake.

Here we go again!

MeBelle has been breezing in and out for many reasons, mostly real life stuff and computer issues.

I shouldn't have to clarify one more time my vote for Avatar or changing my vote. But hey, if you care to, go back to my post where I changed my vote and who I changed it to.

I will say the protection I'm able to provide has proven fruitful so far.

OK, Of the Avi voters who did not vote for Rosie, here is the list: Mertex, R.D., Mebelle, Ropey/Sameech, Luissa.

Of those Mertex, RD, Sameech defended Rosie the most.

Mertex and RD both seem very fixated on a Avi lynch, didn't like it that I didn't pick Rosie or Avi, Mebelle comes in at the last minute and switches her votes around and delivers the hammer and says she didn't know she did it, Luissa I'm not sure.

Last edited:

I have been back and forth about Mertex. I felt maybe him biting a little on my Rosie is clearly the doc gambit but not enough to say he is for sure scum. I have no read on RD and mebelle. If you want to lynch me, then it will be no more than a nominal loss to town, especially up two nights, so whatever.

You assume at best. I think you are just flat out lying hoping to lure PR's into revealing themselves, but I see no need to vote for you yet. Scum have to make a big play and this feels like a scum gambit.

I think Wake is giving us quite a bit of leeway on the rules until we get 'hooked'. (the first one - or in this case, the first two or three - is always free!) :)

I have seen a few boards have a strict no role claiming rule but the vast majority of the ones I have read through do not. If you play theme games enough, you will run into one where there is a mass Day 1 or Day 2 role claim-a-thon that just takes all the fun out and doubles the frustration of getting to the end.

You assume at best. I think you are just flat out lying hoping to lure PR's into revealing themselves, but I see no need to vote for you yet. Scum have to make a big play and this feels like a scum gambit.

Yeah...Jeez. I almost threw down a vote without any explanation for that. Such a move is either a lie or incredibly dumb play.

Last edited:

Yeah...Jeez. I almost threw down a vote without any explanation for that. Such a move is either a lie or incredibly dumb play.

I totally agree on this.

Geez mebelle, we just got done saying we weren't going to reveal anything. First you screw up and play around with the hammer vote and now you do this move?

I know darn well you are smarter than this. Saw the way you played the last game. Something is off.

FoS: Mertex and RD. Around page 59 both Mertex and RD started giving Wolfsister a really hard time because she put forth a vote for someone other than Avatar and Rosie. It just seemed odd to me.

Not true I just read pages 57 to 62

Link or it didn't happen :D

I have been back and forth about Mertex. I felt maybe him biting a little on my Rosie is clearly the doc gambit but not enough to say he is for sure scum. I have no read on RD and mebelle. If you want to lynch me, then it will be no more than a nominal loss to town, especially up two nights, so whatever.

Assume? Townies are not being killed at night are they?

Need to give post numbers as players in different platforms with different settings will probably have different page numbers unless everybody is using the same defaults

There are three town protect roles--doc, jailer and body guard. Since the body guard is alive, one can assume the doc or the jailer could either be the one that is the reason there are no night kills thus far, depending on who is jailed or who is protected.

Given, however, the discussion so far, it just rings like a really bad gambit.

If the cop hits on the scum roleblocker, they should come clean because against a GF they would then be no more valuable to than a VT because of the false results the GF gets. Otherwise, IMO, town PR's need to not do this claiming stuff. Even if we knew for certain who all the PR's are, there are still way too many people in the game to have a coordinated strategy that would cover all the possibilities. As ironic as it is, we do have too many vanilla townies at the moment getting in the way of a power move by town.

Need to give post numbers as players in different platforms with different settings will probably have different page numbers unless everybody is using the same defaults

Mertex was more aggressive about it but RD gave her input also-it starts around post 855 and goes on for quite awhile.

I even commented that the Avatar voters were extremely pushy and rushing the vote.

Then mani came along and voted for Luissa sometime after all this and they didn't say a word to him.

There are three town protect roles--doc, jailer and body guard. Since the body guard is alive, one can assume the doc or the jailer could either be the one that is the reason there are no night kills thus far, depending on who is jailed or who is protected.

Given, however, the discussion so far, it just rings like a really bad gambit.

If the cop hits on the scum roleblocker, they should come clean because against a GF they would then be no more valuable to than a VT because of the false results the GF gets. Otherwise, IMO, town PR's need to not do this claiming stuff. Even if we knew for certain who all the PR's are, there are still way too many people in the game to have a coordinated strategy that would cover all the possibilities. As ironic as it is, we do have too many vanilla townies at the moment getting in the way of a power move by town.

Huh?

I think he's saying if you are the cop, if you find the roleblocker scum-let us know. The GF will always be innocent so there is no harm in revealing then and a cop role would be about the same as a VT. The bodyguard doesn't really matter too much regarding revealing unless they know a PR that is still helpful to the game they can protect. The Dr. and the jailer should really stay quiet while the roleblocker is alive. They will be blocked at night or killed otherwise.

Forum List

Back