Official USMB Mafia Game #2: Enter the Godfather

Shiatra makes the claim,with page numbers, going back to the first day that Mertex and I were suspect due to Avi votes and aggressiveness. Sameech points out posts not pages matter due to format and Wolf immediately knows the posts and continues Shiatra's train of thought - which is flimsy at best.

Good teamwork, since I already suspect Wolf I will add Shiatra to my FOS list

You guys pick on everything - too aggressive, too quiet etc - so I'll just skip defending myself this time

Of course I pick up on everything, that's how the game is played when you are looking for someone. Not defending yourself and getting frustrated is suspect.

I changed my mind on sameech due to his being informative and helpful in his last few posts. I picked up on what Shaitra said by going back and reading it. I trust her posting as she is another one playing well as town.

If you want to vote me off, it won't hurt a darn thing. I don't know if I'm up to everyone getting pissy with each other this whole day due to some personal issues that have come up so you can vote me off with a clear conscience.

Of course I pick up on everything, that's how the game is played when you are looking for someone. Not defending yourself and getting frustrated is suspect.

I said pick on, not pick up.
Nothing to defend. I think you two are grasping at straws from day one vote. I goofed, no secret about that.

I never defended Rosie either. I commented after the hammer vote why I wasn't sure about her. I was wrong again, so kill me :lol:

If you want to vote me off, it won't hurt a darn thing. I don't know if I'm up to everyone getting pissy with each other this whole day due to some personal issues that have come up so you can vote me off with a clear conscience.

Who is getting pissy? I have no idea what you're even trying to say with this post

In my best nelson muntz voice... ha ha!

I have a lot of reading to catch up on, but I did take a quick look at the numbers.

I won't bore you with the details this time, but the bottom line is targeting one of the non-Rosie voters offers a 30% chance of success and targeting a Rosie voter offers 7%.

It's also probably no coincidence that ALL five non-Rosie voters also voted for Avatar.

I said pick on, not pick up.
Nothing to defend. I think you two are grasping at straws from day one vote. I goofed, no secret about that.

I never defended Rosie either. I commented after the hammer vote why I wasn't sure about her. I was wrong again, so kill me :lol:

Who is getting pissy? I have no idea what you're even trying to say with this post

You have no idea what people are trying to say with a lot of posts.

Post count check. :lol: at Avi still holding the lead.

Who voted

User Name Posts
Wolfsister77 228
Mertex 170
strollingbones 161
R.D. 109
AyeCantSeeYou 102
Shaitra 86
Ropey 69
Grandma 66
dblack 64
RosieS 61
sameech 59
manifold 53
Wake 49
Luissa 32
MeBelle60 32

I have a lot of reading to catch up on, but I did take a quick look at the numbers.

I won't bore you with the details this time, but the bottom line is targeting one of the non-Rosie voters offers a 30% chance of success and targeting a Rosie voter offers 7%.

It's also probably no coincidence that ALL five non-Rosie voters also voted for Avatar.

I agree that we need to focus on the people who did not vote for Rosie at this time.

Vote Count 3.1​
“If they can get you asking the wrong questions, they don't have to worry about answers.”

Not Voting (9): AyeCantSeeYou♀, Wolfsister77♀, manifold♂, dblack♂, Grandma♀, Shaitra♀, Mertex♀, Mebelle60♀, Luissa♀

Sameech (2): strollingbones♀, R.D.♀
Strollingbones (1): Sameech♂

~ With 12 players, it takes 7 to lynch!
~ Deadline expires 6/11/14, @ 5pm central.
~ You may reveal not only your themed roles, but your game roles, too. In fact, it's general play to claim your role when at L1.
~ Also, should the Cop have 2+ investigation results, it's usually good to reveal it. The more you hold off, the more powerful your information disclosure becomes. However, the chances of getting killed become greater as well. It is up to the Town Cop when he or she should come forward and share that game-changing information. No pressure.

Last edited:
Luissa and mani seem to also have lost interest so I'm fine with voting for them at this point too. It's impossible to play if people don't participate.

I've not lost interest in the slightest. Quite the contrary in fact.

I participated plenty on day one. I didn't post nearly as much on day two because I made up my mind early, and wanted to see how it played out from there. I stand by the end result.:D On both days I posted reads lists, and I'll be posting another one shortly. You really don't want to vote for me.

Actually, Your account of what happened is more accurate. Rosie did not have the most votes, Avi did. Mertex's frustration with me was evident just like she was frustrated defending Rosie at the end of Day 2 when it looked like Rosie was going to be lynched. In your description of what happened, she was pushing an Avi lynch hard. That plus her strong defense of Rosie and never voting for Rosie makes me suspicious still. She also seemed frustrated with Luissa simply for voting for her. Frustration could be normal however, it just isn't something to be ignored when we are looking for any little clue, for me at least.

Wait a minute....you're going back to the first day. Avi was not even in the equation this go round....Rosie never had more votes than Avi the first go round, go back and read the posts....we're talking 2nd day.

And of course I didn't vote for Rosie, either day, I admitted that I thought she was innocent. MeBelle, R.D., Luissa, Sameech besides me didn't vote for Rosie....that doesn't mean we're all Scum.

I never voted for Luissa, either, that's how frustrated I was with her (according to you)....Rosie turned out to be Scum, so she was wrong about claiming she was innocent, but she was right in that you don't have your facts straight.

You misinterpreted my post. You said Rosie had the most votes, I corrected you and said Avi did. Yes, I am looking at Day1 and Day2 both.

Luissa and mani seem to also have lost interest so I'm fine with voting for them at this point too. It's impossible to play if people don't participate.

I've not lost interest in the slightest. Quite the contrary in fact.

I participated plenty on day one. I didn't post nearly as much on day two because I made up my mind early, and wanted to see how it played out from there. I stand by the end result.:D On both days I posted reads lists, and I'll be posting another one shortly. You really don't want to vote for me.

I believe you. Your posts have been informative and helpful.

mani has moved into town for me

I agree that we need to focus on the people who did not vote for Rosie at this time.

My gut reads list is actually pretty simple on this one. They’re all suspicious as hell.

Mertex – Gunned hard for Avatar and defended Rosie (but sort of dumb if she’s really mafia) Is Mertex really that dumb?

R.D. – Same as Mertex only less enthusiastically, which is almost more suspicious again, seeing how things turned out.

Luissa – Really trying to keep a low profile, but went along with the mob to lynch a townie and then showed some restraint when the votes went against mafia. That’s suspicious for sure. But then again I could see her honestly just getting it wrong both times if she is indeed town.

MeBelle – Trying to keep a low profile up until she claims credit for failed night kills. A seriously weak move if she really is the jailkeep or doc, and a seriously dumb move if she's mafia. I could go either way on that one. :lol:

Sameech – A ringer and obviously the best player here. His posts don't scream mafia, but I can't shake the gut feeling that he's bamboozling the living shit out of us.

I think we should all go back and take a closer look at their posts and see if anything sticks out.

My gut reads list is actually pretty simple on this one. They’re all suspicious as hell.

Mertex – Gunned hard for Avatar and defended Rosie (but sort of dumb if she’s really mafia) Is Mertex really that dumb?

R.D. – Same as Mertex only less enthusiastically, which is almost more suspicious again, seeing how things turned out.

Luissa – Really trying to keep a low profile, but went along with the mob to lynch a townie and then showed some restraint when the votes went against mafia. That’s suspicious for sure. But then again I could see her honestly just getting it wrong both times if she is indeed town.

MeBelle – Trying to keep a low profile up until she claims credit for failed night kills. A seriously weak move if she really is the jailkeep or doc, and a seriously dumb move if she's mafia. I could go either way on that one. :lol:

Sameech – A ringer and obviously the best player here. His posts don't scream mafia, but I can't shake the gut feeling that he's bamboozling the living shit out of us.

I think we should all go back and take a closer look at their posts and see if anything sticks out.

About Mebelle, Wake just posted roles should be revealed...

~ You may reveal not only your themed roles, but your game roles, too. In fact, it's general play to claim your role when at L1.
~ Also, should the Cop have 2+ investigation results, it's usually good to reveal it. The more you hold off, the more powerful your information disclosure becomes. However, the chances of getting killed become greater as well. It is up to the Town Cop when he or she should come forward and share that game-changing information. No pressure.

Where did he post this RD?

Forgot to add, she can reveal the townie(s) she saved. Unless she is lynched by us, it would be risky for the mafia to get her, she should be safe. This way we would know two or three sold townies

Where did he post this RD?
Post 1590, up a few

I worry about all this revealing as the PR's are saving our asses at night and they will be targeted for night kill by the mafia if they reveal.

I did read, like Wake said, that revealing is commonly done at L-1 unless you are mafia to help town in the rest of the game

I worry about all this revealing as the PR's are saving our asses at night and they will be targeted for night kill by the mafia if they reveal.

I did read, like Wake said, that revealing is commonly done at L-1 unless you are mafia to help town in the rest of the game

Does L-1 mean the first lynching?

Forum List

Back