Official USMB Mafia Game #8: Gremlins, Goblins, and Ghouls! (Oh my!)

I wonder about that though. Would the SK want the Psych out of the way or not? They can join town if they are cured. Plus, scum wouldn't want the Psych dead because of the fact that one enemy can be neutralized.

I don't know. New dynamic I'm not sure of.

I'd that is true, the SK should straight up claim and ask to be cured, which would increase both their and town's win con.

If they don't, they obviously view the psych as a threat.

Interesting point. I think the Psych is supposed to be the SK's biggest enemy and threat in the game and I'm only thinking the SK would want to join town. Maybe they don't. Maybe they'd rather kill everyone.

I'm only thinking from town's wincon saying they'd want to join town. Maybe in order for the SK to play to their wincon, they don't.

SK's win con is to win.

If they join town, they can win even if dead. Can't do that as SK.

As a cured SK, they would be immune to mislynch and thus one less person to scum hunt.

So many benefits to joining town.

Message to the sk: If you happen to want to join town, don't use your NK because that would ultimately undermine your own win con in the long run.

I'm not sure that's true. Until the sk is cured his or her win condition is still killing anyone. And he or she could kill the scum at night.

I tend to think the serial killer outing his or herself on the hope to get cured only helps scum. Because they won't have him or her nk them and then they can kill him so we lost any advantage there is to the town

No Wolfie. Scum would kill the sk because he would be conf town cured.

Message to the sk: If you happen to want to join town, don't use your NK because that would ultimately undermine your own win con in the long run.

I'm not sure that's true. Until the sk is cured his or her win condition is still killing anyone. And he or she could kill the scum at night.

I tend to think the serial killer outing his or herself on the hope to get cured only helps scum. Because they won't have him or her nk them and then they can kill him so we lost any advantage there is to the town

I agree with this also.

So yeah, NEVER MIND. I knew this set-up had to have a way that something like this couldn't be exploited.

Oh well, it was worth a try anyway.

Yep, you are scummier than Wake.

Vote: Avatar4321

Town Avatar would see a town benefit in not having 2 nk's.

Yep, you are scummier than Wake.

Vote: Avatar4321

Town Avatar would see a town benefit in not having 2 nk's.

I think I get his point though because the SK is a threat to scum while the SK is still the SK as well as to town. If cured, he helps town. If cured due to outing, scum kill him, one less threat to scum and one less townie.

It sort of makes sense, unless I'm missing something?

SK: If you want to join town, feel free to state your displeasure with Avatar's interest in hunting you tonight.

@mod: Will the night actions have flavor so we know which faction killed which player?

If night kills have flavor, it will be easy to tell the sk's intent by whether they kill heavily suspected scum or town.

When scum is eliminated, they can straight up claim and wait for the shrink to cure them.

This is assuming the shrink doesn't get nk'ed, which gets more unlikely every passing night.

Good point. If scum and SK shoot, we won't know who hit who. I really hope we can get the SK to target scum and then be cured because with 2 kills a night, if scum or SK isn't hit, town is kind of screwed.

I see the SK being alive or not turned benefitting scum- Less people they all have to NK and the quicker we lose. Why would scum want to kill the SK after he or she turned, they revert to VT, right? So its just a townie then, right? They no longer possess killing abilities, or am I wrong? In my head I have been treating the SK like the usurper from last game- but this one is deadly. So in my estimation, they would want to kinda work with scum until they thought they could win the game, then start killing those they pegged as scum.

I see the SK being alive or not turned benefitting scum- Less people they all have to NK and the quicker we lose. Why would scum want to kill the SK after he or she turned, they revert to VT, right? So its just a townie then, right? They no longer possess killing abilities, or am I wrong? In my head I have been treating the SK like the usurper from last game- but this one is deadly. So in my estimation, they would want to kinda work with scum until they thought they could win the game, then start killing those they pegged as scum.

SK can kill scum, and scum can't stand to lose as many as town.

SK is a threat to scum.

If the SK claimed and aske to be cured and the Psych cured them, they'd be confirmed town and you saw how deadly to scum confirmed town can be to scum in game 5 if they are left alive. Also, the SK is a huge threat to scum-they can kill scum at night as well as town. So scum would not want to work with them and that's why obvious SK hunting is considered a scumtell.

SK is a threat to scum.

Okay, I get that. But the SK mission is to kill them and us. So when he or she targets their scum choices at first, but is wrong- We still take the hit until they get it right. And if I recall our psychologist only works on odd nights, this mean unless the SK hits scum or the scum hit the SK- we lose two off the bat night 1.

SK is a threat to scum.

Okay, I get that. But the SK mission is to kill them and us. So when he or she targets their scum choices at first, but is wrong- We still take the hit until they get it right. And if I recall our psychologist only works on odd nights, this mean unless the SK hits scum or the scum hit the SK- we lose two off the bat night 1.

I'm fine with SK taking out Avatar. He might think twice about advocating SK hunting in the future.

Forum List

Back