Official USMB Shutdown Showdown Thread --- Jan 10th, 2019

So, how about *"Hundreds of furloughed federal employees who happen to be Democrats received a phone call from DNC officials earlier in the week requesting they appear at a White House protest on Thursday".

Federal salaries are generally pretty decent. I suggest any federal worker who will run out of money tomorrow has been spending beyond their capabilities for some time.

His policies have so radically changed so quickly, it's a fair question, why has the DNC become so extreme and dedicated to obstruction?

Look, this crap happens ad nauseam in politics. It’s the nature of the business. You don’t stay in politics for decades without changing your tone, narrative and at times, your outright position. Why would any politician go against his base? It would take strong moral fiber, and no concern about your re-election, two traits not found in long term politicians.

Talk about a self fulfilling prophecy. We have leftard lamebrains creating a scenario where everything trump says is a lie, the media repeating it, and then leftwards quoting the media to buttress their case. I guess they don’t have time to fact check Ocasio Cortez.

'Hundreds of furloughed federal employees chanting “we want to work” gathered for a union-led march to the White House on Thursday, the 20th day of a partial government shutdown over U.S. President Donald Trump’s demand for border wall funding.'

“Hey, hey, ho, ho, shutdown’s got to go” protesters shouted as they assembled in the bitter cold outside of the AFL-CIO union headquarters, hoisting signs reading “Trump: End the Shutdown,” “Reopen Govt” and “Let Me Do My Job.”

Some 800,000 federal government employees have been ordered to stay home or work without pay during the shutdown brought on by a standoff between Trump and Democrats in Congress over Trump’s demand for $5.7 billion to build a wall on the southern U.S. border.

Trump, in a 2016 presidential campaign promise, repeatedly vowed that Mexico would pay for the wall. But he has said he will not sign any bill to reopen the government that does not provide wall funding.

Protesters, many wearing neon green vests reading, “I am a worker. I demand a voice,” on Thursday demanded the government be reopened, separate from any debate over wall funding.

“We want our pay! We want our pay! We want our pay!” shouted government employees and contractors bundled against the cold in knitted hats and scarves as they gathered for the march.

In its third week, the shutdown of about a quarter of the federal government is the second longest since the mid-1970s. Trump has said it could continue for months or even years.'

'We want our pay!' furloughed U.S. workers shout at White House | Reuters

Interesting.
Wasting their time

Trump looks at them as losers

'Hundreds of furloughed federal employees chanting “we want to work” gathered for a union-led march to the White House on Thursday, the 20th day of a partial government shutdown over U.S. President Donald Trump’s demand for border wall funding.'

“Hey, hey, ho, ho, shutdown’s got to go” protesters shouted as they assembled in the bitter cold outside of the AFL-CIO union headquarters, hoisting signs reading “Trump: End the Shutdown,” “Reopen Govt” and “Let Me Do My Job.”

Some 800,000 federal government employees have been ordered to stay home or work without pay during the shutdown brought on by a standoff between Trump and Democrats in Congress over Trump’s demand for $5.7 billion to build a wall on the southern U.S. border.

Trump, in a 2016 presidential campaign promise, repeatedly vowed that Mexico would pay for the wall. But he has said he will not sign any bill to reopen the government that does not provide wall funding.

Protesters, many wearing neon green vests reading, “I am a worker. I demand a voice,” on Thursday demanded the government be reopened, separate from any debate over wall funding.

“We want our pay! We want our pay! We want our pay!” shouted government employees and contractors bundled against the cold in knitted hats and scarves as they gathered for the march.

In its third week, the shutdown of about a quarter of the federal government is the second longest since the mid-1970s. Trump has said it could continue for months or even years.'

'We want our pay!' furloughed U.S. workers shout at White House | Reuters

Interesting.

Private sector is hiring

So, how about *"Hundreds of furloughed federal employees who happen to be Democrats received a phone call from DNC officials earlier in the week requesting they appear at a White House protest on Thursday".

Federal salaries are generally pretty decent. I suggest any federal worker who will run out of money tomorrow has been spending beyond their capabilities for some time.
---------------------------------------------- or just no brains and they figure that the Gravy Train will last forever BillyK

Almost half of Federal Employees who identify are Republicans
Most are independent (not for long)

It is not up to Trump to decide how they spend their money. It is his job to pay those who serve their country

That’s nice. Most of them have jobs in Departments and programs that shouldn’t exist to begin with. Their entire career is a fraud against the US Taxpayers and the Constitution.

You don't think that Trump announcing a fake emergency giving him powers is going to enrage Pelosi's base even more?

She knows exactly what she's doing, and she's just as cagey as the Turtle. The question is whether the Turtle will have the courage to really pass anything substantive. But that is not going to arise while Trump is president.
No her base is as crazy as they can be. They were not going to vote for Trump anyway. What could SHE offer HIM? It seems Mitch does not want a wall. We will all have to wait and see.

How long will it take for numbnuts Trump to rant fake news & they're all Democrats?

Right after he & Hannity have their nightly pillow talk.
----------------------------------------- probably are mostly 'dems' . Let them quit and get different jobs Clipper .

Pretty much guaranteed they were all Democrats. My question is - Why would anyone think they were actually federal workers? Because they said so?

Did they all flash their IDs?

It is not up to Trump to decide how they spend their money. It is his job to pay those who serve their country

Neither is Trump's job.

Talk to Chuck and Nancy. It's their doing.

I suppose tRump's kissers will project and blame this latest GOPer atrocity at obstructing the efforts of democrats to re-open government that has been treasonously shutdown. This among tRump and his antigovernment conspiring GOPer rat bastrds. Someone would be a idiot to think democrats are wasting time.

McConnell blocks Senate Democrats' move to re-open government
After a while this stupid shit isnt funny anymore. Democrats fund the wall, government re-opens, that simple...Dumbass...

Tr
The Democrats said they didn't want to negotiate, so Trump went for a sandwich.
Trump left no room TO negotiate!

He walked out!
How do you negotiate with NO?

You say, "yes" and open the govt.

Why don't you suggest the same thing for your side? After all, if they say "yes" to the 5 billion for the wall, the government is reopened.
Why should they?
Trump owns it and a majority of congress want it opened before wall funding is negotiated.
Because it's a budget. The funding for security is in the budget.

and yet you dont question the daily lies of trump....his latest...he never said mexico would pay for the wall....how ignorant does he think his base is?

The border issue is why Trump was put in the White House, and the border issue is what will make or break him in 2020.

For whatever reason, Trump is the only one in the GOP that seems to understand this or even care.

It was not Federal Workers who promised to build a wall and make Mexico pay for it

They should not have to pay the price for Trumps boasts

Neither is Trump's job.

Talk to Chuck and Nancy. It's their doing.

They passed a CRA....Trump rejected it
Trump said he would take the blame and not blame others.......did he lie?

Forum List

Back