🌟 Exclusive 2024 Prime Day Deals! 🌟

Unlock unbeatable offers today. Shop here: https://amzn.to/4cEkqYs 🎁

Oh goody, tens of thousands in Kentucky to lose their health care. Thanks GOP!

He created a fallacy of a false assumption question: if this, then that.

Can you cite this style of fallacy in any textbook or other reliable source? Because I can cite textbooks that show you to be hopelessly misguided.

I have not an ounce of sympathy for people who vote against their own interests.

Why all the hate for your fellow liberals?
in Kentucky? What "fellow Liberals"?

Liberals everywhere vote against their own interests.
You're a fucking idiot. I'm only temporarily humoring you by responding, but that will end soon.

Please, don't do me any favors.

Lexington, KY local and state news by the Lexington Herald-Leader | Kentucky.com

The number of uninsured Kentuckians dropped from 14.3 percent in 2013 to 8.5 percent in 2014, according to census data released last month. That's the biggest drop in the rate of uninsured for any state. Meanwhile, Kentucky's health insurance market for individuals and small businesses is its most robust in years.

Election Day: Bevin wins in Kentucky, Ohio rejects pot - CNNPolitics.com

The wealthy businessman has pledged to shutdown the state's healthcare exchange and he's also expressed concerns about the expansion of Medicaid in Kentucky under the Affordable Care Act.

---------------------------------

That's what I like to see. The GOP leadership screwing over their base. And just in time for the presidential elections. Thanks GOP! See ya in 2016!

Millions lost their insurance when O gave us obamacare.

‘Millions’ Lost Insurance

Critics of the law now say millions lost their health insurance. But that’s misleading. Those individual market plans were discontinued, but policyholders weren’t denied coverage. And the question is, how many millions of insured Americans had plans canceled, and how does that compare with the millions of uninsured Americans who gained coverage under the law.

There is evidence that far more have gained coverage than had their policies canceled.

...It’s true that insurance companies discontinued health plans that had covered millions of people who had bought them directly rather than through an employer. That’s because those plans didn’t meet the coverage standards of the new law.

But those policyholders didn’t lose the ability to have insurance. In most cases, insurers offered them an alternative plan, though there were some instances of companies exiting the individual market altogether.

Whether offered an alternative or not, individuals could shop for insurance on the federal and state marketplaces, or through a broker or insurance carrier directly. Many were likely eligible for federal subsidies to help pay for insurance, resulting in better coverage and lower rates for some. But the specific plan they had was indeed discontinued. (More than half of those with canceled policies were likely to be eligible for federal assistance, according to Urban Institute research, and about 80 percent of all those buying plans on the exchanges are expected to qualify for subsidies, according to the Congressional Budget Office.)

How many individual market cancellations were there?

The most commonly used figure is 4.7 million, based on reporting by the Associated Press last December. But there’s reason to doubt the accuracy of that figure. An analysis of a more recent poll by researchers at the Urban Institute puts the figure at somewhere around 2.6 million.

...How many “millions” so far have gained coverage?

The early numbers on enrollment in the exchanges and Medicaid don’t tell us how many of the enrollees were previously uninsured — despite some claims from Democrats to the contrary. The Obama administration disclosed on April 10 that 7.5 million had signed up for plans on the exchanges, but we don’t know how many previously had insurance. The Medicaid rolls increased by more than 3 million through the end of February, the administration also said, a figure that would reflect both those newly eligible under the law and previously eligible but now signing up.

But a survey funded by the Robert Wood Johnson Foundation and conducted by the Urban Institute indicates that many of those signing up for the exchanges and Medicaid may have been uninsured. It found that 5.4 million of the previously uninsured had gained coverage between September and the beginning of March. The exchanges launched Oct. 1.

An April 8 report by the nonprofit RAND Corp. put the figure of newly insured higher. Based on a nationwide poll, Rand estimated that there had been a net gain of 9.3 million insured “adults” as of mid-March, when the poll was being conducted. That includes marketplace and Medicaid enrollment, as well as an increase in employer-based enrollment.

Neither of those figures includes an estimated 3 million young adults who gained coverage in 2010 and 2011, likely because of the law’s provision allowing them to stay on their parents’ policies.
That’s because those plans didn’t meet the coverage standards of the new law.

That's the problem with the GOP. No standards.

The new standards are actually worse.

deductibles AND premiums are rising sharply under obamacare. the Middle Class, especially the lower Middle Class, the Left pretends to care about so much are the ones taking the hardest hit
Sin ce you undoubtedly don't know, doctors visit and tests are basically free, and the annual cap on costs is little higher than the deductible, so you're FOS. Cost of premiums in states like NY that had good insurance before aren't going up at all.

deductibles AND premiums are rising sharply under obamacare. the Middle Class, especially the lower Middle Class, the Left pretends to care about so much are the ones taking the hardest hit
Sin ce you undoubtedly don't know, doctors visit and tests are basically free, and the annual cap on costs is little higher than the deductible, so you're FOS. Cost of premiums in states like NY that had good insurance before aren't going up at all.

good one leftard; everybody is lying but you!! :420:

And doing away with the State exchange would have little impact on anyone, most States don't have one because of the costs. Why should KY pay for a State exchange when their people can go on the Federal exchange?

Exactly what I was thinking.

Especially now that the issue of subsidies for insurance policies purchased through the federal exchange has been settled.

And doing away with the State exchange would have little impact on anyone, most States don't have one because of the costs. Why should KY pay for a State exchange when their people can go on the Federal exchange?

Especially now that the issue of subsidies for insurance policies purchased through the federal exchange has been settled.
I dislike the Medicaid expansion, and it's merely a step to single payor (and higher taxes like Britain), but the gop opposition to insurance exchanges mystifies me, because essentially it was a gop innovation. And, Miss's insurance commissioner TRIED to set one up even after Miss chose not to expand medicaid, but was told not to by the TP governor and legislator.

By refusing to establish state exchanges, and forcing the citizens of their states to go onto the federal exchange, the Republicans are accelerating the move toward single payer health insurance.

Meh, healthcare they didn't earn or deserve in the first place. Bravo Kentucky.

Ah, I see. Only special people deserve health insurance. How very GOP of you :)
If I am not mistaken, people who cross the border illegally don't DESERVE healthcare in the first place. Those that sit in the parents basement up to the age of 26 and collect welfare and vote Dumbocrat, don't DESERVE healthcare. There is not RIGHT of the people to DESERVE anything except, LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. But as you libtards think that everything is FREE, you just want everyone else to give up their money. I applaud Kentucky from ending up like Detroit, or California because when you finally run out of other peoples money, then there is no more FREE stuff. Such stupid people who vote democrat.

View attachment 53884

You retardicans seem to think that only the rich deserve healthcare. Who sucks up unpaid emergency room costs? Not the folks that don't have insurance. Vote Retardican, party of the regressives. (I figure you'll understand my post better if I use your logic and terminology).

Ya really should do some reaserch before you post, states like South Carolina garnish wages for folks who owe hospital bills.

How Do Taxpayers Pay for the Uninsured? | eHow

I dislike the Medicaid expansion, and it's merely a step to single payor (and higher taxes like Britain), but the gop opposition to insurance exchanges mystifies me, because essentially it was a gop innovation. And, Miss's insurance commissioner TRIED to set one up even after Miss chose not to expand medicaid, but was told not to by the TP governor and legislator.

Can you say unnecessary tax payer expense? We already foot the bill for the fed exchange, no need for duplicative services.

Meh, healthcare they didn't earn or deserve in the first place. Bravo Kentucky.

Ah, I see. Only special people deserve health insurance. How very GOP of you :)
If I am not mistaken, people who cross the border illegally don't DESERVE healthcare in the first place. Those that sit in the parents basement up to the age of 26 and collect welfare and vote Dumbocrat, don't DESERVE healthcare. There is not RIGHT of the people to DESERVE anything except, LIFE, LIBERTY, and the PURSUIT OF HAPPINESS. But as you libtards think that everything is FREE, you just want everyone else to give up their money. I applaud Kentucky from ending up like Detroit, or California because when you finally run out of other peoples money, then there is no more FREE stuff. Such stupid people who vote democrat.

View attachment 53884

You retardicans seem to think that only the rich deserve healthcare. Who sucks up unpaid emergency room costs? Not the folks that don't have insurance. Vote Retardican, party of the regressives. (I figure you'll understand my post better if I use your logic and terminology).

Ya really should do some reaserch before you post, states like South Carolina garnish wages for folks who owe hospital bills.

How Do Taxpayers Pay for the Uninsured? | eHow
I didn't mean to imply I was for not doing anything to reform the lack of insurance for all. I just don't like how the dems did it. But, I fully expect to see a universal single payor HC system at least for all private sector employees.

Can you say unnecessary tax payer expense? We already foot the bill for the fed exchange, no need for duplicative services.
Well that was NOT the argument prior to the SC decision in Burwell, so you're engaging in revisionist argument there.

I'm kind of laughing at the people of Kentucky right now. What can I really say?

I guess it's "Good luck with that, suckers.

Hey did you get your refund check yet from Oregon and Maryland who wasted over $600 million of our money on their failed Obamacare websites?

Lee Fang:
Also note as attorney general, Jack Conway had one of the most aggressive lawsuits against Purdue Pharma.

Purdue Pharma, makers of Oxycontin, which has killed huge numbers of Kentuckians, helped fund Bevin's campaign via RGA.

Hey did you get your refund check yet from Oregon and Maryland who wasted over $600 million of our money on their failed Obamacare websites?

Nope, or the failed co-ops that used federal money to start up.

Forum List

Back