Oh, how I want...

Missourian

Diamond Member
Aug 30, 2008
Missouri
The Magnum Research BFR is a single-action revolver manufactured by Magnum Research. It is made from stainless steel and is manufactured in a variety of heavy calibers, such as .500 S&W Magnum, including some traditional rifle cartridges, such as the .30-30 and .45-70/.450 Marlin.

The name "BFR" officially is an acronym for "Big Frame Revolver" or "Biggest, Finest Revolver". However, collectors and large-caliber enthusiasts have been known to interpret the initialism as "Big Fucking Revolver", due to its size and power.
http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/product_info.php/cPath/21_38/products_id/49476/Magnum+Research+BFR45707+BFR+Revolver+5RD+45-70GOVT+7.5%22

Magnum Research BFR30/30 BFR Revolver 5RD 30-30WIN 10" $857.00 SHIPS FREE

a4ea4dd0-6409-4ee9-b456-42d90b223bd5_zpsb44ea21c.jpg

So what is at the top of your wishlist?​

Last edited:
A 45-70 revolver? I love shooting my .44 Mag, but a 45-70? That jumps back pretty well in an 8 lb rifle. Magnum Research lists the weight at 4.7 lbs.

Well, I guess you will know when it goes off.

If I had the cashola I'd get a .50 Cal sniper rifle but I'm not sure it's at the top of my list. I think it would be more practical (and affordable) to buy myself a Henry Deluxe .44-40 Lever Action Rifle:

Henry-Original-Deluxe-Rifle.png

Not only do I like to support American companies that make their products in America but I like the history and style of the Henry Repeating Arms company. This particular rifle is a work of art and yet a functional tool. So, today, that's my story and I'm stickin' to it.

http://www.henryrifles.com/rifles/henry-original-deluxe-engraved/

I can't get into hand guns. I have em' but they just collect dust. I like long rifles and antique arms.

"I don't want no teenage queen, I just want my M-14".

The Magnum Research BFR is a single-action revolver manufactured by Magnum Research. It is made from stainless steel and is manufactured in a variety of heavy calibers, such as .500 S&W Magnum, including some traditional rifle cartridges, such as the .30-30 and .45-70/.450 Marlin.

The name "BFR" officially is an acronym for "Big Frame Revolver" or "Biggest, Finest Revolver". However, collectors and large-caliber enthusiasts have been known to interpret the initialism as "Big Fucking Revolver", due to its size and power.
Magnum Research BFR45/707 BFR Revolver 5RD 45-70GOVT 7.5" $904.00 SHIPS FREE

Id love to shoot this gun for the novelty, but there's a few things that would make it impractical for my everyday use:

1. Almost impossible to conceal
2. Chambers only 5 rounds
3. I don't like the wood grip
4. I is a heavy gun
5. it is difficult to believe the reviews: Maybe the first shot could be accurate, especially with the high powered ammo, but after that? Not so much

For "Surprises" I like the 513 Raging Judge with the 3" barrel and cylinder chambered with 6 X .410 GA. 3-INCH MAGNUM Buck Shot Shells.

513B3_01.jpg

I like the rubber grips on the Taurus weapons, and would like to fit a flashing laser site (more for target practice).

For "Planning Purposes" I like

revolver_wsilencer-300x133.jpg

Yes I know, I'm old school, but for planning purposes all I want is .22, and the reliability of a revolver. The more powerful the gun and ammo are, the more chance the bullet will travel at supersonic speed and produce that loud ballistic crack, attracting unwanted attention.....even with the suppressor.....

and of course harming your hearing.....

:eusa_shifty:

Last edited:

Id love to shoot this gun for the novelty, but there's a few things that would make it impractical for my everyday use:

4. I is a heavy gun
5. it is difficult to believe the reviews: Maybe the first shot could be accurate, especially with the high powered ammo, but after that? Not so much

For "Surprises" I like the 513 Raging Judge with the 3" barrel and cylinder chambered with 6 X .410 GA. 3-INCH MAGNUM Buck Shot Shells.

513B3_01.jpg

I like the rubber grips on the Taurus weapons, and would like to fit a flashing laser site (more for target practice).

Yes I know, I'm old school, but for planning purposes all I want is .22, and the reliability of a revolver. The more powerful the gun and ammo are, the more chance the bullet will travel at supersonic speed and produce that loud ballistic crack, attracting unwanted attention.....even with the suppressor.....

Oh, I wouldn't be trying to conceal it.

Last year, Missouri expanded muzzleloading season to include centerfire pistols.

I already have a 45-70 and a 30-30 hunting rifle. The question will be which one to get.

----------------

I have a Taurus model 94 .22lr, and I really like it. It goes with my more than anything else.

BUT, I also have a Ruger Standard 22lr.

While it is a pain in the ass to disassemble and clean, it is super reliable and will take a Paclite barrel.

I already have a Paclite barrel on my Ruger 10/22, and it is a lightweight tackdriver.

So, if I was going to suppress something, that's the way I would likely go.

Ruger Standard - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Mine:

100_0546.jpg

If I had the PacLite barrel & suppressor.

97184234-5893-4541-a25a-7d726172f006_zpsb1f0be2a.jpg

Pac-Lite? Pistol Barrels ? Tactical Solutions

4. I is a heavy gun

513B3_01.jpg

Why would the subsequent shots be less accurate? I have hunted with a single action revolver for years, and have had no problem there or at the range.

Forum List

Back