Oh My...This IS Awkward - The Buffet Rule - The Prequel.

Let's talk about millionaires not paying their fair share, shall we???

John Bonjovi and Bruce Springsteen to name a couple

MYFOXNY.COM - Bon Jovi and Bruce Springsteen have been making hit music for years and its no surprise that they've earned enough money to buy big mansions with acres of property, but what might surprise you is the huge tax breaks they, and others, are getting.

It turns out, as far as New Jersey tax collectors are concerned, that they are farmers.

Almost a million acres in New Jersey are certified as farmland. Owners who own at least five acres, practice some kind of agriculture, or manage the trees on their property and sell $500 worth of goods a year qualify for a significant tax break.

They do have to pay the full taxes on their homes, and non-farm property.

Through a trust, Bruce Springsteen owns more than 200 acres in Colts Neck. the taxes for his house and three acres are more than $138,000. But because of the farm tax break, the tax bill on a little more than 200 additional acres is less than $5,000. Town officials say he has horses and an organic farmer working some of the land. A lawyer for the trust had no comment.

In another part of Monmouth County, Bon Jovi has an estate on the Navesink River. Taxes on the mansion and some property add up to $295,68 but his tax bill on an additional 6.85 aces is $104 because he raises honeybees.

A spokesman for Bon Jovi issued a statement saying, "Jon is scrupulous about paying his fair share of taxes. The exemption for raising honey bees existed long before he purchased that land, and he continues to employ a beekeeper and raise honeybees..."

Farm Tax Breaks for N.J. Celebrities

Small wonder these folks support Obama. Whatever happened to "Tax me more Mr President......please".

Maybe New Jersey needs to change its law regarding taxing farms. You'd support that, right?

I don't give a flying fuck. I'm just pointing out the outright hypocrisy.

If they want to cut their own throats more power to them.

Let's talk about millionaires not paying their fair share, shall we???

John Bonjovi and Bruce Springsteen to name a couple

Small wonder these folks support Obama. Whatever happened to "Tax me more Mr President......please".

Maybe New Jersey needs to change its law regarding taxing farms. You'd support that, right?

The hypocrisy of the state of NJ allowing farm lands to be exempt from most property taxes?

The hypocrisy that rich people own farms? Should only poor people be allowed to own farms in NJ?

Through a trust, Bruce Springsteen owns more than 200 acres in Colts Neck. the taxes for his house and three acres are more than $138,000. But because of the farm tax break, the tax bill on a little more than 200 additional acres is less than $5,000. Town officials say he has horses and an organic farmer working some of the land. A lawyer for the trust had no comment.

In another part of Monmouth County, Bon Jovi has an estate on the Navesink River. Taxes on the mansion and some property add up to $295,68 but his tax bill on an additional 6.85 aces is $104 because he raises honeybees.

I fuking luv this shit. Rethugs write shit like this into the tax code, then whine when someone they don't like takes advantage of the "new and improved tax code".

Why would you think that Dems wouldn't take advantage of these kinds of loopholes?
Dems tend to support fairness in the tax code but hey you got to work with what you got.

Bet it burns your ass that people like these musicians with big bucks don't support the rethugs, yet take advantage of "gifts" rethugs provided.

Funny shit right there.

The hypocrisy of the state of NJ allowing farm lands to be exempt from most property taxes?

The hypocrisy that rich people own farms? Should only poor people be allowed to own farms in NJ?

Ohhhhh Lord!!!

Nothing is more trying on one's patience than trying to explain the obvious to a libtard.

I fuking luv this shit. Rethugs write shit like this into the tax code, then whine when someone they don't like takes advantage of the "new and improved tax code".

Why would you think that Dems wouldn't take advantage of these kinds of loopholes?
Dems tend to support fairness in the tax code but hey you got to work with what you got.

Bet it burns your ass that people like these musicians with big bucks don't support the rethugs, yet take advantage of "gifts" rethugs provided.

Funny shit right there.

That would be really cool if you could prove a Repug wrote it....problem is the Dems run that state.......and you think you can blame the right.

That's some funny shit. :badgrin:

I fuking luv this shit. Rethugs write shit like this into the tax code

That is pretty ignorant, but then again, you are a lib.

Democrats have ruled the NJ legislature for decades. If that is your best, your best is FAIL.

LOL

Well hell. You all made it sound like these folks were taking advantage of the Federal Tax code.

You mean they are only taking advantage of the state tax code?

You all live in NJ? No? I didn't think so. Then shut the fuk up.

Call the Rethug saviour fat ass Chris Christie and get him to fix this shit. Can you do that? No you say.
Well why don't you give it a try. Do something worthwhile instead of bitching on a message board all day.

Well hell. You all made it sound like these folks were taking advantage of the Federal Tax code.

You mean they are only taking advantage of the state tax code?

You all live in NJ? No? I didn't think so. Then shut the fuk up.

Call the Rethug saviour fat ass Chris Christie and get him to fix this shit. Can you do that? No you say.
Well why don't you give it a try. Do something worthwhile instead of bitching on a message board all day.

okey dokey..:lol:

Ohhhhh Lord!!!

Nothing is more trying on one's patience than trying to explain the obvious to a libtard.

Go ahead, please explain how rich people claiming a perfectly legal tax exemption is wrong.

Should only poor people claim the farm exemption in NJ?

Ohhhhh Lord!!!

Go ahead, please explain how rich people claiming a perfectly legal tax exemption is wrong.

As per lib reasoning, "they aren't paying their fair share."
Clear enough for ya?

Ohhhhh Lord!!!

Clear enough for ya?

As per Racist Rabbi reasoning "and some of 'em are negros!"

Now tell me Rabbi - should only poor people in NJ get to claim the farmland exemption?

Clear enough for ya?

Seriously. You got your ass kicked, so you figured you would just play the race card?

:lol:

What I don't understand is why anyone is holding Buffett up as some kind of example.

Here we have a CEO of a multi billion dollar enterprise collecting a salary of only 100K a year so he can avoid paying income taxes and you fucking idiots want to listen to him say that other milti millionaires should pay more in taxes while he scams the system.

It is utterly mind boggling.

Clear enough for ya?

Seriously. You got your ass kicked, so you figured you would just play the race card?

:lol:

Eh, no - that's not the race card. Rabbi's not a racist because we apparently disagree on who should claim the NJ farm exemption. He's a racist because he believes black people are incapable of leading.

Can you people live in the Here and Now?

I've never seen people cheer for having OTHERS taxes raised...

what a sick country we have become

Why shouldn't we cheer?
Some of the burden is taken off of the middle class.

In 1964 the top tax rate was 91%
Today it's at 35% and you have the GALL to WHINE like a little girl about raising them?

What happened to all the JOBS those tax cuts were supposed to deliver?
What happened to the economic gains that were supposed to TRICKLE DOWN?

From 1949 to 1980, EVERYONE did better.
From 1980 to now, the rich have seen their incomes grow by over 200%...the middle class? 8%.

If the rich are going to keep all the money, then they can bloodly fucking well pay all the fucking taxes.

What I don't understand is why anyone is holding Buffett up as some kind of example.

Here we have a CEO of a multi billion dollar enterprise collecting a salary of only 100K a year so he can avoid paying income taxes and you fucking idiots want to listen to him say that other milti millionaires should pay more in taxes while he scams the system.

It is utterly mind boggling.

Yup. I agree.

I was under the impression that Buffet paid taxes on Capital Gains and not regular income??

In fact wasn't there a thread on his secretary paying more income taxes than he does??

As for Barrys millionairs tax?? Jesus could he be more blatant with his class warfare bs??

His record sucks so guess he's gotta do something. Guys such a loser.

Why shouldn't we cheer?

Today it's at 35% and you have the GALL to WHINE like a little girl about raising them?

From 1980 to now, the rich have seen their incomes grow by over 200%...the middle class? 8%.

If the rich are going to keep all the money, then they can bloodly fucking well pay all the fucking taxes.

Hey dummy. They already pay 60 percent of all Fed Taxes.

Perhaps the 49% who pay no Fed taxes should belly up to the bar and pitch in.

Why shouldn't we cheer?

Here we go again another sheep pining for the golden years of a 90% tax bracket.

Did you know that when the top rate was 90% that everyone paid more in taxes not just the so called rich?

Do you realize that in 1950 the lowest tax bracket was 17.5% so anyone making 0 to 4000 a year paid 17.5% to the feds?

If you made 40K a year you were in the 50% bracket.

So little sheep be careful what you wish for when you pine for the good old days.

http://www.taxpolicycenter.org/taxfacts/Content/PDF/individual_rates.pdf

Forum List

Back