Oh well, I suppose the U.S. will always remain to daily gun shooting

The anxiety and resentment over lockdowns was a result of covid, was it not?

Yes, and it was directed at Democrats for the most part.
The mask and vaccine mandates were a result of covid, were they not?

Why are you fixated on the covid aspect of my comments? Why are you not asking about my remarks about the riots, for example?
Do we need a flowchart here? Covid happened. This caused lockdowns, vaccine mandates and masks. This caused anxiety and anger. Therefore, according to you, this caused an increase in crime. Is this not what you’re saying?

Nope, that’s not what I’m saying.

Once again (for the fourth or fifth time), covid was just one phase of a five to six year period of heightened tensions across the entire country.

For six years everybody was pissed at - or outright hated - some group of people; Republicans, Democrats, cops, blacks, whites, liberals, conservatives, Trump and Trump supporters, etc., and they still do.

I’m talking about human group psychology and I happen to think the cop shootings, the subsequent riots, the demonization of police officers and the proposed defund-the-police initiatives by Democrat politicians had more to do with the spike in crime than the covid policies or the election of Trump.

When politicians themselves jumped on the cops-are-evil-and-racist bandwagon, I think it emboldened criminals and cop haters and their crimes have become more brazen and brutal.

I noticed that it got more heated leading up to Jan 6. I think the civil war talk dropped back down to a regular level after that. Still comes up often just not as much.

But the civil war rhetoric did crank up a notch. It’s part of the reason gun sales went up at this time.
You’re getting defensive over what can be expressed with simple logic. If A causes B, and B causes C, then A causes C.

Covid caused covid lockdowns, mask and vaccine mandates, which caused people to become angry, which caused (according to you) an increase in violent crime.

Wrong. Covid did not cause the lockdowns, politicians did. Hence, the anger by some.
I asked you from the very beginning what kind of crime you’re referring to. You got pissy about that as well.

Take a wild guess as to what kind of crime might compel businesses to pack up and leave.
“What exactly do you mean by “What exactly do you mean by ‘these crimes’?”?
This very thread is about one of those crimes for Christ’s sake.”

In case you forgot, the thread is covering a story where a guy shot a kid because a ball rolled into his yard or something.

Yeah, I remember. And?
Since you didn’t want to answer what kind of crimes we‘re talking about, I figured we were talking about gun violence.

Nuh uh, I made it clear early on that I was referring to various crimes. I cited a few specific ones like mass shootings, road rage incidents, smash and grabs and roving mobs assaulting people but these were just examples.
So I’ve refrained from commenting on businesses closing down because it doesn’t look related to guys shooting girls over stupid reasons.

The common denominator is CRIME.
Just trying to keep the conversation focused on the kind of crime we’re referring to. You could have helped by responding ”burglary“ or “theft” when I asked.

All I ever said was that crime is up. I think you understood that from the beginning since I made that clear then.

Is burglary up? Probably. I think cities need to do a better job of cracking down on those people.
They certainly need to do a better job consistently punishing criminals and keeping the ones who should be behind bars, behind bars.

I think this is one of the factors contributing to the problem; that they are no longer prosecuting certain crimes, charging with lesser crimes and releasing early or releasing with no clear indication they are ready to be released.

I believe this is a misguided effort to reduce the black crime statistics but they’re not doing anyone any favors, least of all the black community.

Why are you fixated on the covid aspect of my comments? Why are you not asking about my remarks about the riots, for example?
Because that’s the part that we’re not communicating well on. That’s the part you got pissy about and asked me to re-read what you said and have since felt the need to correct me on.

"No, dumbass, I did NOT blame it on covid. What I said was that the country went through a lot of turbulence and upheaval due to covid..."

Still looks like you’re blaming covid to me. “I’m not blaming Steve. I’m just saying that lots of bad things happened because of Steve.”

Nope, that’s not what I’m saying.

Once again (for the fourth or fifth time), covid was just one phase of a five to six year period of heightened tensions across the entire country.

You didn’t say anything about a phase.

What I said was that the country went through a lot of turbulence and upheaval due to covid..."

But the civil war rhetoric did crank up a notch. It’s part of the reason gun sales went up at this time.
Sure, I believe it did during the “stolen election” nonsense leading up to Jan 6.

Wrong. Covid did not cause the lockdowns, politicians did. Hence, the anger by some.
Politicians pushed for lockdowns due to covid, correct?

Take a wild guess as to what kind of crime might compel businesses to pack up and leave.
Theft. Not sure what that has to do with some guy shooting a girl because a ball rolled into his driveway.

Nuh uh, I made it clear early on that I was referring to various crimes.
You mean after I directly asked you to clarify which kind of crimes and you didn’t say anything about theft or burglary?

You know you could have just answered the direct question the first time.

All I ever said was that crime is up. I think you understood that from the beginning since I made that clear then.
I didn’t know what kind of crime you were referring to. That’s kind of why I asked. I can’t read your mind.

They certainly need to do a better job consistently punishing criminals and keeping the ones who should be behind bars, behind bars.

I think this is one of the factors contributing to the problem; that they are no longer prosecuting certain crimes, charging with lesser crimes and releasing early or releasing with no clear indication they are ready to be released.

I still don’t see the connection between that and shooting a little girl because her basketball rolled into his yard.

The vast majority of legal gun owners will never commit any crimes never mind murder.

Most murders are criminals killing other criminals so I find it tough to give too many fucks about that

Meanwhile back in reality, about a third of all gun deaths are suicides. I doubt you give a fuck about that either.

Meanwhile back in reality, about a third of all gun deaths are suicides. I doubt you give a fuck about that either.
Suicides don't count.

Suicide is not a crime it is a choice that every single person on this planet has the absolute right to make.

I will not be guilt tripped into giving up my Constitutional right to bear arms anymore than I could probably convince people like yourself to give up free speech or voting because you are to stupid to exercises those rights.

I am surprised you would use the incident in your post. It was a Black man shooting a a white family and his comments as he was firing make it look like a hate crime.

Shooting a young girl and calling it a "guilt trip" is a clear example of someone who lacks empathy. It's sick people like you. Go play with your guns, you're the type who is a coward and never leaves their residence without a gun for fear of others like you; to scared you would be shoot in the grocery store, restaurant, or other public places.

Shooting a young girl and calling it a "guilt trip" is a clear example of someone who lacks empathy. It's sick people like you. Go play with your guns, you're the type who is a coward and never leaves their residence without a gun for fear of others like you who would shoot you in the grocery store, restaurant, or other public places.
Whatever you thought your point was, you didn't make it.

Shooting a young girl and calling it a "guilt trip" is a clear example of someone who lacks empathy. It's sick people like you. Go play with your guns, you're the type who is a coward and never leaves their residence without a gun for fear of others like you; to scared you would be shoot in the grocery store, restaurant, or other public places.
The guilt trip comes from pieces of shit like yourself who would use the deaths of children to violate law abiding citizens rights. I provided a working solution to school shootings you morons don't want solutions . Where I live there are not many bullet magnet gun free zones so there are zero mass shootings.

The guilt trip comes from pieces of shit like yourself who would use the deaths of children to violate law abiding citizens rights. I provided a working solution to school shootings you morons don't want solutions .
Of course not.
They can't move their agenda forward w/o the blood of dead children; thus, they oppose anything that will mean fewer dead children.

It's not fear, it's preparedness. I don't think I'll get into a car accident because I've never been in one outside of somebody hitting me, but I always carry car insurance. I don't think my house will burn down or somebody will rob me while I'm not home, but I carry house insurance in the rare event it happens. I don't pay this money for coverage out of fear, I carry it out of precaution.

There are stories all over the internet where people use their guns for self-defense or to help defend others. In fact the CDC estimated that we gun carriers use our firearms over a million times a year for that reason. Other organizations put that estimate between 1 and 4 million times a year.

It's not fear, it's preparedness. I don't think I'll get into a car accident because I've never been in one outside of somebody hitting me, but I always carry car insurance. I don't think my house will burn down or somebody will rob me while I'm not home, but I carry house insurance in the rare event it happens. I don't pay this money for coverage out of fear, I carry it out of precaution.

There are stories all over the internet where people use their guns for self-defense or to help defend others. In fact the CDC estimated that we gun carriers use our firearms over a million times a year for that reason. Other organizations put that estimate between 1 and 4 million times a year.

Prove it.

Prove it.

The Communists under Biden had the CDC remove their defensive gun use statistics because it favored the idea of armed citizens benefiting from gun ownership and concealed carry.

The Communists under Biden had the CDC remove their defensive gun use statistics because it favored the idea of armed citizens benefiting from gun ownership and concealed carry.

How about credible facts and evidence! Such as the three punks who killed the 20 year old women when a large rock was tossed onto her car.

How about credible facts and evidence! Such as the three punks who killed the 20 year old women when a large rock was tossed onto her car.

What does that have to do with what we are talking about? Or are you suggesting we make rocks illegal?

Why do you think Dementia had those statistics removed, because it was taking too much space on the CDC site? Those stats showed how many people use firearms every single year for self-defense purposes or to stop a violent crime. At best they are local stories, and are only ran on slow news days because it happens so often.

Prove it.

Between 1 million and 4 million times a year--the statistic is so pie-in-the-sky that they cannot narrow it down by 3 Million? So much for the pretense of this being a scientifically arrived at statistic.

Because that’s the part that we’re not communicating well on.

Not for lack of clarification on my part.
That’s the part you got pissy about and asked me to re-read what you said and have since felt the need to correct me on.

"No, dumbass, I did NOT blame it on covid. What I said was that the country went through a lot of turbulence and upheaval due to covid..."

Still looks like you’re blaming covid to me. “I’m not blaming Steve. I’m just saying that lots of bad things happened because of Steve.”

Incorrect. Not once did I cite covid as a cause. I said (for the 6th time now) that anger and tensions were heightened over issues associated with it - mask mandates, efficacy of masks, vaccine mandates and their efficacy, etc..

I also said the same about the presidential election and the riots yet you say nothing about these.
You didn’t say anything about a phase.

What I said was that the country went through a lot of turbulence and upheaval due to covid..."
Again; culture.
Hah!

You admitted that mass shootings are on the rise yet you insist guns are the problem even though we both know guns are no more available now than they were before the increase.

Forum List

Back