Gold Member
Apr 11, 2010
This cannot be made up....
Ohio woman claims she was fired because she voted for Obama - NYPOST.com
Ohio woman claims she was fired because she voted for Obama
From ASSOCIATED PRESS
Last Updated: 2:07 PM, February 20, 2013
Posted: 11:04 AM, February 20, 2013
DAYTON, Ohio — A southwest Ohio woman who says she was fired because she voted for President Barack Obama filed a lawsuit against her former employer.

Patricia Kunkle's lawsuit accuses Dayton-based defense contractor Q-Mark Inc. and its president of telling employees that if Obama was re-elected, then his supporters would be the first to be fired, The Dayton Daily News reported.

Brian Wildermuth, an attorney for the company president, said in a statement that Kunkle was laid off for economic reasons — "nothing more."

"I am sure you and your readers are familiar with the ongoing uncertainties regarding defense spending, and thus the economic environment confronting defense contractors," he said. "The allegation that Q-Mark discharged Ms. Kunkle because of her vote is simply false."

Kunkle, of Kettering, has an unlisted phone number and her Dayton attorney didn't immediately respond to a request to speak with her.

The lawsuit, filed in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court on Feb. 14, seeks a minimum of $25,000. It says that Kunkle's vote came up in conversation on Nov. 7, the day after the election, and that she was fired Nov. 9. The suit claims that the company's president and owner, Roberta Gentile, said the firing was in the "best interest of the company."

The lawsuit said that Gentile engaged Q-Mark employees in conversations aimed at discovering their political affiliations and repeatedly disparaged Obama supporters.

Kunkle started as a temporary worker with the small company in April and became full-time in May, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit said that she performed her duties "efficiently and effectively," and never received any disciplinary action or negative performance evaluations.

Defense attorneys have until mid-March to respond to the lawsuit.

If she did get canned for voting for Obama, she is the idiot for publicizing what is supposed to be a private matter. Also, her vote for an anti military spending president is not in the best interests of her employer.
This lawsuit is baseless nonsense. She loses.
The former employer's attorneys are going to bury her in paper and motions until she surrenders.

Now THAT is what I call Affirmative Action!!!

DAYTON, Ohio (AP) — A southwest Ohio woman who says she was fired because she voted for President Barack Obama filed a lawsuit against her former employer.

Patricia Kunkle's lawsuit accuses Dayton-based defense contractor Q-Mark Inc. and its president of telling employees that if Obama was re-elected, then his supporters would be the first to be fired, The Dayton Daily News (Woman claims she was fired for voting for Obama | www.daytondailynews.com) reported.

Brian Wildermuth, an attorney for the company president, said in a statement that Kunkle was laid off for economic reasons — "nothing more."

"I am sure you and your readers are familiar with the ongoing uncertainties regarding defense spending, and thus the economic environment confronting defense contractors," he said. "The allegation that Q-Mark discharged Ms. Kunkle because of her vote is simply false."

Kunkle, of Kettering, has an unlisted phone number and her Dayton attorney didn't immediately respond to a request to speak with her.

The lawsuit, filed in Montgomery County Common Pleas Court on Feb. 14, seeks a minimum of $25,000. It says that Kunkle's vote came up in conversation on Nov. 7, the day after the election, and that she was fired Nov. 9. The suit claims that the company's president and owner, Roberta Gentile, said the firing was in the "best interest of the company."

The lawsuit said that Gentile engaged Q-Mark employees in conversations aimed at discovering their political affiliations and repeatedly disparaged Obama supporters.

Kunkle started as a temporary worker with the small company in April and became full-time in May, according to the lawsuit. The lawsuit said that she performed her duties "efficiently and effectively," and never received any disciplinary action or negative performance evaluations.

Defense attorneys have until mid-March to respond to the lawsuit.

This is nice too!!!

5983_260548604078325_967983973_n.jpg

So Douchebag bosses can blame Obama for their douchebaggery.

This is why you need a CEO tax, or better yet, index the top marginal rate to the unemployment rate.

"Ha, Ha, I just laid off 60 people, I'm giving myself a raise."

"Ha, Ha, Your Tax rate just went up to 75%!"

A business owner should have the right to fire anyone he wants at any time for any reason.

An employee does not have a right to a job provided by someone else.

A business owner should have the right to fire anyone he wants at any time for any reason.

No, but once they've given them a job, they have to treat them decently.

Period.

Or do you think that if someone refused to give her boss a "Lewinsky", she should be fired with no recourse to law?

when you employ someone you have made a contract with someone to supply you labor.

They are not then your slave as the right wing philosophy seems to think

Period.

Or do you think that if someone refused to give her boss a "Lewinsky", she should be fired with no recourse to law?

So how do you feel about the guy who was fired for slapping the toddler on the airplane?

How about the guy who was fired for posting the video of himself verbally attacking the Chik-Fil-A woman?

The right wants a world in which labor is treated like trash that can be thrown away at a whim

Period.

That last bit has nothing to do with what I said.

I own a business and if I want to hire and fire people it is my right because I am the one providing the job.

If I want to hire only blonds with blue eyes and big tits and then fire them all so I can hire red heads with green eyes and great asses it's no one's business but mine

when you employ someone you have made a contract with someone to supply you labor.

They are not then your slave as the right wing philosophy seems to think

And when their actions affect your business in a negative manner?

Should you have the right to get rid of them?

heres your problem you brain cell wanting masters.

We are a democracy.

In a democracy everyone gets to vote.

How many laborers are there compared to CEOs?

now you know why you lose elections huh

We are a democracy.

You don't get to vote on who I hire or fire.

Or how about this... an employee complains about an unsafe working condition, should the boss be able to fire him even though he was completely in the right?

We are a democracy.

So why won't you answer the questions I asked?

Should the guy have lost his job for slapping the toddler on the plane?

How about the guy who posted the video of himself verbally attacking the Chik-Fil-A woman?

How about an employee whose actions has negatively affected your business?

because the skull has an empty heart he thinks others do too.

him in for big surprize

One's heart has nothing to do with whether or not one stays in business. That is a numbers game.

Sorry but if you're going to work for me I have to like and respect you. The second I don't you are gone.

Forum List

Back