OK, I'll admit it, our friends on the left are correct; there IS a catch to the Trump tax cuts

By my rough calculations, a person making $10,000,000 a year in taxable income will save a little under $300,000 in tax under the new tax rules from the brackets. Sorry, I just don't see too many rich people losing out because of real estate taxes.
I see your point

my point is that many of the really wealthy aren;t making as much in taxable income, but they do have higher value property; especially considering personal vacation property

this will adversely affect more people in blue states

Quit pussyfooting and dodging, you cowardly turd! Put up or shut up.

What's a lie?

Trump didn't inherit or otherwise receive any considerable amount of money from his parents? Is that what you're saying? This requires a "yes" or "no" answer.

Trump started his business long before his parents died. His father loaned him some seed money, he took it from there.

I just wish he wouldn't listen to Fox News all the time and believe it Alex Jones oh my God. Hopefully smarter than everybody but doesn't seem like it... Nobody could call him a great businessman really. But he knew his brand was great.

Yeah, everyone pretends Trump is stupid with zero evidence of it. Yet during the tax negotiations he could site specific sections of the the bill unaided, which floored some congresscritters. He's doing what he thinks is best for the country and at this point he has done nothing that would change my opinion.

You can continue your class warfare chants, it just makes reasonable people think you're an idiot.

Every other country has a progressive tax system, here we don't anymore. Federal income taxes are much smaller now and the only Progressive one.

Damn, two sentences, and one contradicts the other. LMAO

How so?

What's a lie?

Trump didn't inherit or otherwise receive any considerable amount of money from his parents? Is that what you're saying? This requires a "yes" or "no" answer.

Trump started his business long before his parents died. His father loaned him some seed money, he took it from there.

I just wish he wouldn't listen to Fox News all the time and believe it Alex Jones oh my God. Hopefully smarter than everybody but doesn't seem like it... Nobody could call him a great businessman really. But he knew his brand was great.

Yeah, everyone pretends Trump is stupid with zero evidence of it. Yet during the tax negotiations he could site specific sections of the the bill unaided, which floored some congresscritters. He's doing what he thinks is best for the country and at this point he has done nothing that would change my opinion.

You can continue your class warfare chants, it just makes reasonable people think you're an idiot.

Every other country has a progressive tax system, here we don't anymore. Federal income tax much smaller now and the only Progressive one.
state and local taxes are regressive. Our tax rates are a disgrace and are ruining everything but the rich.

State and local taxes aren't part of the topic, but they are flat taxes as all taxes should be.

You prove over and over that you're just not very smart. Anything created by man can be replicated by other men. And laws against illegals are NOT aimed specifically at hispanics, they are aimed at all illegals. The first lame link you posted was about muslims and the second was a State case having nothing to do with the feds and it was long before Trump.

Now, would you like to get back on topic, it's about tax cuts.

I don't care if they're Muslims or Mexicans or what. If they are worthy they can stay. Now pass the dam SS ID card and end it.

As for taxes, it's ridiculous to cut taxes on the rich again. The non rich need tax cuts and help. You dupes are out of your mind.

They are not worthy, they are criminals. And everyone got a tax cut, not just the rich. Keep pushing the propaganda, it's quite entertaining.

I think people in blue States aren't going to get tax cuts. And the rich are getting 4% tax cuts while the poor are getting two or 1% tax cuts. I hope he's a goddamn genius but I wouldn't hold your breath they're liars and thieves more likely...

The poor don't pay income taxes how can they get cuts?

They need cuts in state and local taxes. That could take time and more federal aid I guess...

So you're for more unconstitutional spending, who could have guessed that. LOL
The feds don't control the States and the federal government has no authority to subsidize the States. I guess that oath you swore to uphold the Constitution was just lip service to get a job and a pension.

You prove over and over that you're just not very smart. Anything created by man can be replicated by other men. And laws against illegals are NOT aimed specifically at hispanics, they are aimed at all illegals. The first lame link you posted was about muslims and the second was a State case having nothing to do with the feds and it was long before Trump.

Now, would you like to get back on topic, it's about tax cuts.

I don't care if they're Muslims or Mexicans or what. If they are worthy they can stay. Now pass the dam SS ID card and end it.

As for taxes, it's ridiculous to cut taxes on the rich again. The non rich need tax cuts and help. You dupes are out of your mind.

They are not worthy, they are criminals. And everyone got a tax cut, not just the rich. Keep pushing the propaganda, it's quite entertaining.

I think people in blue States aren't going to get tax cuts. And the rich are getting 4% tax cuts while the poor are getting two or 1% tax cuts. I hope he's a goddamn genius but I wouldn't hold your breath they're liars and thieves more likely...

You can see in the graph the poorest quintile pays 18% in all taxes state and local too.

Who's fault is that? When does personal responsibility kick in?

By my rough calculations, a person making $10,000,000 a year in taxable income will save a little under $300,000 in tax under the new tax rules from the brackets. Sorry, I just don't see too many rich people losing out because of real estate taxes.
I see your point

my point is that many of the really wealthy aren;t making as much in taxable income, but they do have higher value property; especially considering personal vacation property

this will adversely affect more people in blue states
So the point you were making is that the tax law hurts the somewhat wealthy, but helps the super rich?

When does personal responsibility kick in?

For rich kids with inheritances? The answer might be "never."

The feds don't control the States and the federal government has no authority to subsidize the States. I guess that oath you swore to uphold the Constitution was just lip service to get a job and a pension.

So you're for more unconstitutional spending,
the federal government has no authority to subsidize the States.

Now the tax cut is unconstitutional? Because it contain a Corker kickback for Alaska.

Every other country has a progressive tax system, here we don't anymore. Federal income taxes are much smaller now and the only Progressive one.

Damn, two sentences, and one contradicts the other. LMAO

How so?

We don't have progressive taxes anymore, yet the federal system is the only one that is? Do we have a progressive system or not?

We don't have progressive taxes anymore, yet the federal system is the only one that is? Do we have a progressive system or not?
Looks like the blue states are progressive and the red states are regressive. Is that the point you're after?

Now the tax cut is unconstitutional? Because it contain a Corker kickback for Alaska.

Corker is from TN, what does he have to do with AK?

Senators' pet projects added at last-minute into tax bill

Senators’ pet projects added at last-minute into tax bill
In last-minute changes to the Republican tax bill, an array of senators’ wish-lists were added to the bill, including a unique tax exemption for a small Christian college in Michigan and a carve-out for cruise ships docking in Alaska.

In another last-minute tax carve out was offered by Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, that exempts cruise ships stopping in Alaska from paying a tax.

Senators' pet projects added at last-minute into tax bill

Senators’ pet projects added at last-minute into tax bill
In last-minute changes to the Republican tax bill, an array of senators’ wish-lists were added to the bill, including a unique tax exemption for a small Christian college in Michigan and a carve-out for cruise ships docking in Alaska.

In another last-minute tax carve out was offered by Sen. Dan Sullivan, R-Alaska, that exempts cruise ships stopping in Alaska from paying a tax.

Funny, I didn't see Corkers name anywhere in the article. Also if you had bothered to read your own link, the carve out for the college was removed from the bill.

Funny, I didn't see Corkers name anywhere in the article. Also if you had bothered to read your own link, the carve out for the college was removed from the bill.

The point remains that Alaska received an "unconstitutional" Corker kickback.

You said the federal government couldn't' do that. But they did. So one of us is wrong, and it looks like it's you.

You lying about people who inherit money is what is funny. You bigots are sick, jealous and hateful. You sure couldn’t put up but you are still lying. Lol! Dupe!
I've already addressed the people whining about how I'm lying and showed them to be full of shit.

Prove it, because you claimed you did, yet all you did is deflect saying your lie wasn’t important. It is because you are basing your idea on a bigoted view point. So as you continue to lie, we will call you out on them.
I just finished with ADMIRAL ROCKWELL TORY (see his posts in the last 5 hours), an illiterate moron who couldn't figure out what I said and thought I was lying.

I don’t think you are lying, I know you are. You have produced nothing, thanks for proving you are a bigot and a liar.
I handed him his ass right here:

What's a lie?

You first. Answer the question.

He got a loan. He has other brothers and sisters you know. They would have shared in their inheritance. How many of them became billionaires?
How the fuck should I know? Did I ever make any claim related to that regarding Trump's brothers and sisters? I'm asking someone to back up something they said. You're asking me to back up/explain something I didn't say.

You claimed he got rich because of inheritance, did you not?

That was a lie. He was already rich before his father and mother died. You are a liar. Admit it. You post things that you know for certain are not true. .
I said he got it from his dad, one way or another.

He inherited it, stupid. He may have also received some as a gift prior to his father's death.

That was, oh, over 100-200 posts back. See, it's that problem rearing its ugly head again: your illiteracy.

Who the hell cares, I asked you to prove that rich people who inherit money from their parents are deadbeats and lazy, you have not proved it, unless you are citing one person as your evidence that millions are that way.

The point remains that Alaska received an "unconstitutional" Corker kickback.

You said the federal government couldn't' do that. But they did. So one of us is wrong, and it looks like it's you.

Allowing a tax exemption is not direct federal aid and is well within the powers granted in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1 and the 16th amendment. You don't know much about the Constitution, do ya?

Allowing a tax exemption is not direct federal aid and is well within the powers granted in Article 1, Section 8, Clause 1 and the 16th amendment. You don't know much about the Constitution, do ya?

O.K. here's another one.
The new healthcare bill includes an 'Alaska Purchase' to woo a key senator

The new healthcare bill includes an 'Alaska Purchase' to woo a key senator

On Tuesday evening, Robert VerBruggen of National Review noticed something odd: The financial projections produced by Sen. Bill Cassidy's office showed that, in 2026, his healthcare proposal would award each state almost precisely $4,400 in federal subsidy for each "eligible beneficiary" — except Alaska, which would receive $6,500, or 48% more than everybody else.

The staffer said a forthcoming version of the projections would reflect a bonus for low-density states whose healthcare costs are more than 20% above the US mean. These states would get a bump in the rate they're paid per beneficiary to account for their higher costs.

The bill defines a "low-density state" as one with fewer than 15 residents per square mile.

Buried in Senate Republicans’ new health care bill is a provision to throw about $1 billion at states where premiums run 75 percent higher than the national average.

Curiously, there’s just one state that meets this seemingly arbitrary designation: Alaska.

But to make sure it helps Alaska — and, perhaps, its moderate senator — lawmakers added a new clause to that special fund this week that will require at least 1 percent of it be spent on states where premiums run 75 percent higher than the national average. One percent may not sound like a big number, but we’re talking about Alaska, which only has 700,000 people. The state is still set to receive nearly $2 billion over 10 years.

Forum List

Back