OK, I'll admit it, our friends on the left are correct; there IS a catch to the Trump tax cuts

I can honestly say that only the wealthy have enough money to throw at politicians for politicians to do their bidding.

Unions give money, but they give the money of many. People getting together in groups. This isn't about individuals.

Fair isn't a figure, it's not a percentage. It's a "you benefit from the govt, therefore you need to pay for what you benefit from it".

We've been through this before Ray.

If you have a multinational and they pay 10% of tax, and a competing business which pays 30% of tax, but the multinational pays $500 million and the small business pays $10,000, which of those figures makes it unfair?

There it is, "you didn't build that" moment.

I didn't say it was fair to do that.

Are you just making things up that you believe I will say?
You seem very upset about the tax cut

This tax cut will help me keep more of My money

In fact, the only ones that get "hurt" are the wealthiest landowners

So why the outrage friend?

I don't know why Democrats are so upset about this new tax law. They keep saying it's bad for middle class. If true, than they should be cheering for it. If this law is sooooo wrong, than they won't have any problem wining the midterm elections and making it right.

This law is not great, bit it's a start of something better than we had. That's why Democrats are hating it, because they know that everyone, especially the middle class, will be better off, and that's the last thing Democrats want to see.
And the poor congressmen No more tax deductions for payment of sexual harassment claim? God !! What has this country come to???

I didn't say it was fair to do that.

Are you just making things up that you believe I will say?
You seem very upset about the tax cut

This tax cut will help me keep more of My money

In fact, the only ones that get "hurt" are the wealthiest landowners

So why the outrage friend?

I don't know why Democrats are so upset about this new tax law. They keep saying it's bad for middle class. If true, than they should be cheering for it. If this law is sooooo wrong, than they won't have any problem wining the midterm elections and making it right.

This law is not great, bit it's a start of something better than we had. That's why Democrats are hating it, because they know that everyone, especially the middle class, will be better off, and that's the last thing Democrats want to see.
I see your middle class better off LOL and raise you trump corker etc etc many millions How does this BS shrink the disparity between rich and middle class? and then a trillion deficit and cut social services?? Only in republican world

You would be taxed once on it when you earn it.

I'll say it another way for you and I'll assume you've never had to pay taxes in regards to this. It only deserves to be taxed once. I earned it and if it's $10 or $10,000,000 it should be taxed the same, don't tell me it's a progressive tax. The Federal Government runs our budgets like a drunk sailor in a whore house, I'm sick and tired of feeding the drunk sailor.

Your kid would be taxed once when he receives it.

No kidding, that's the issue, no need to be redundant, but you deserve it, it's called stealing...

Neither one person would be taxed "multiply times" on the inheritance.

The money would be, again you probably haven't paid it...

So you're for more unconstitutional spending, who could have guessed that. LOL
The feds don't control the States and the federal government has no authority to subsidize the States. I guess that oath you swore to uphold the Constitution was just lip service to get a job and a pension.

So you're for more unconstitutional spending,
the federal government has no authority to subsidize the States.

Buried in Senate Republicans’ new health care bill is a provision to throw about $1 billion at states where premiums run 75 percent higher than the national average.

Curiously, there’s just one state that meets this seemingly arbitrary designation: Alaska.

But to make sure it helps Alaska — and, perhaps, its moderate senator — lawmakers added a new clause to that special fund this week that will require at least 1 percent of it be spent on states where premiums run 75 percent higher than the national average. One percent may not sound like a big number, but we’re talking about Alaska, which only has 700,000 people. The state is still set to receive nearly $2 billion over 10 years.

Wow, three completely off topic posts in a row. I guess you're assuming I would support this new health care bill, and you would be, once again, WRONG. Federal direct aid to individuals is just as unconstitutional as direct aid to States.

I'm not talking here about taxing the wealthy to death. I'm talking about making them pay a fair amount which people can trust in.

serious question:

how much more than 70% of all taxes paid by the top 10% of wealthiest Americans would be "fair"???

the problem with your take on this is that your solution stifles growth & creates more restrictive impediments on the middle class to actually make it into that elusive "wealthy class"

real wealth; like that of the Kennedy's & Soros' of the world, is untouched; but the EARNINGS of the little guy & the great unwashed middle class are assaulted

not to mention that people that make $100,000 are considered "rich"

Summary of the Latest Federal Income Tax Data, 2015 Update - Tax Foundation

The problem here is this.

1) The rich get lots of incentives. Trump was paid nearly $1 billion by New York in his time to do business. Then when he earns money from this, you say he shouldn't be paying much money in taxes. You forget the percentage of what he earns and just look at the amount, which is ridiculous.

2) said incentives prevent other businesses from competing on a level playing field. Which means the rich get richer and richer and then you point out they pay lots in tax. Sure they do, but by paying LESS as a percentage the smaller businesses are paying MORE as a percentage to make up the shortfall, and therefore they're struggling even more to compete with these companies.

Do you think it's fair that the rich should pay less taxes so they can make more money so they can put smaller businesses out of business?

Depends what fair is. Care to define it?

Why you think it's fair that rich pay higher taxes than you do?

And yes, all the laws should effect everyone equally. If I get tax break, rich should get the tax break too.
Oh ? The disparity between rich and middle class isn't enough for you now?? Growing larger the past 30 or so years and STILL you're not satisfied?? Trump Corker etc etc etc laughing all the way to the bank and the middle gets crumbs ? And we should bow down and kiss trumps ring?

I'm not talking here about taxing the wealthy to death. I'm talking about making them pay a fair amount which people can trust in.

serious question:

how much more than 70% of all taxes paid by the top 10% of wealthiest Americans would be "fair"???

the problem with your take on this is that your solution stifles growth & creates more restrictive impediments on the middle class to actually make it into that elusive "wealthy class"

real wealth; like that of the Kennedy's & Soros' of the world, is untouched; but the EARNINGS of the little guy & the great unwashed middle class are assaulted

1) The rich get lots of incentives. Trump was paid nearly $1 billion by New York in his time to do business. Then when he earns money from this, you say he shouldn't be paying much money in taxes. You forget the percentage of what he earns and just look at the amount, which is ridiculous.

2) said incentives prevent other businesses from competing on a level playing field. Which means the rich get richer and richer and then you point out they pay lots in tax. Sure they do, but by paying LESS as a percentage the smaller businesses are paying MORE as a percentage to make up the shortfall, and therefore they're struggling even more to compete with these companies.

Do you think it's fair that the rich should pay less taxes so they can make more money so they can put smaller businesses out of business?

And yes, all the laws should effect everyone equally. If I get tax break, rich should get the tax break too.
Oh ? The disparity between rich and middle class isn't enough for you now?? Growing larger the past 30 or so years and STILL you're not satisfied?? Trump Corker etc etc etc laughing all the way to the bank and the middle gets crumbs ? And we should bow down and kiss trumps ring?

So if the government takes more from the rich, how does that help me or any other blue collar worker?

Or, you have to be screwing the govt over, in order to be making an absolute killing out of it.

We still won't know how much the rich are playing in taxes before or after, the catch must be they were paying little before, and they'll be paying fucking nothing after. In fact the govt will pay them to be rich.

where do you come up with this shit?
the rich are paying little, what does that mean numerically?do

How much do the rich pay in taxes?

How much does Trump pay in taxes? How much do the Koch family pay? How about the Mars family?

Come on, tell me how much they pay in taxes.

I can accept a round figure, I can accept a percentage of their income. Try me.

How Much Do Rich Americans Pay in Taxes?

The problem here Ray, is that A) you're listening to the reporter who do the bidding for the rich and B) you're playing games with facts to make it look like something it isn't.

regular-filers_large.JPG

See the average income tax for those who earn $10 million or more is LOWER than those who earn $1 million? And yet there's nothing there about the multitudes who earn LESS than $1 million. We call it cherry picking Ray.

Also, this is ONLY income tax. It doesn't include other taxes which the rich manage to get past.

And they've manage to dupe the fuck out of your ass, as you're their star fucking cheer leader with big tits.

"Billionaire investing guru Warren Buffett is famous for saying that he pays a lower income tax rate than his secretary, "

How much? How much does Buffett pay?

I asked a SPECIFIC question and all you did was post a webpage which DOES NOT answer my question.

"Thanks to tax loopholes like those, one out of every three of America's top 400 income earners, each of whom had income above $110 million, paid a tax rate that was less than 15% in 2008, "

Less than 15%. 0% is less than 15%. -30% is less than 15%.

So how much do these one in three top 400 earns actually pay? You can't tell me, can you?

rich-tax-rate_large.JPG

8% of these, that's 32 billionaires, pay under 10%. Who's betting that these people are people like the Koch brothers, the people who spend a lot of money making sure they don't end up paying taxes. Instead they spend it on fooling people like you.

But again Ray, all this says is INCOME TAX.

I didn't ask about INCOME TAX. I asked about TAX.

So, do you have this information, or are you just going to throw websites at me which don't tell me anything?

You must think we have a flat tax in this country or something. Many of those billionaires make their money on capital gains---not income. Because of that, they are taxed differently. There are also low taxed bonds and those sort of things that keep their taxes lower even though they don't get a tremendous return as they would other investments.

What I can't figure out is your argument: is it the rich vs the richer or is it the rich vs the average person that you're upset about???? Remember that it's people like Buffett that are aiding our retirement accounts in the market. We want to encourage that--not discourage it.

Top 40% paying ALL income taxes, and leaving a tip

Buffet is yet another leftist hypocrite. How long did he fight the IRS last time because he felt he was paying too much in taxes? Think Buffett doesn't take every tax write-off he's allowed to? How about Gates? How about the Hollywood left?

The New York Times Paid No Taxes in 2014 - Breitbart
they think the rich get their money from jobs. Like most of us do. Isn't it fascinating watching the stupid that is the libturd? I enjoy it daily in here.

they don't understand that the tax isn't generated until it goes liquid. too funny. Net worth isn't yearly salary on a job. too funny.

Trump started his business long before his parents died. His father loaned him some seed money, he took it from there.

I just wish he wouldn't listen to Fox News all the time and believe it Alex Jones oh my God. Hopefully smarter than everybody but doesn't seem like it... Nobody could call him a great businessman really. But he knew his brand was great.

Yeah, everyone pretends Trump is stupid with zero evidence of it. Yet during the tax negotiations he could site specific sections of the the bill unaided, which floored some congresscritters. He's doing what he thinks is best for the country and at this point he has done nothing that would change my opinion.

You can continue your class warfare chants, it just makes reasonable people think you're an idiot.

Every other country has a progressive tax system, here we don't anymore. Federal income tax much smaller now and the only Progressive one.
state and local taxes are regressive. Our tax rates are a disgrace and are ruining everything but the rich.

State and local taxes aren't part of the topic, but they are flat taxes as all taxes should be.

If you want a Banana Republic.

I just wish he wouldn't listen to Fox News all the time and believe it Alex Jones oh my God. Hopefully smarter than everybody but doesn't seem like it... Nobody could call him a great businessman really. But he knew his brand was great.

Yeah, everyone pretends Trump is stupid with zero evidence of it. Yet during the tax negotiations he could site specific sections of the the bill unaided, which floored some congresscritters. He's doing what he thinks is best for the country and at this point he has done nothing that would change my opinion.

You can continue your class warfare chants, it just makes reasonable people think you're an idiot.

Every other country has a progressive tax system, here we don't anymore. Federal income tax much smaller now and the only Progressive one.
state and local taxes are regressive. Our tax rates are a disgrace and are ruining everything but the rich.

State and local taxes aren't part of the topic, but they are flat taxes as all taxes should be.

we don't and why the mueller investigation is a which hunt and we're fighting it. we don't want one of those goberments.

serious question:

So if the government takes more from the rich, how does that help me or any other blue collar worker?
For one,perhaps it saves our social services

serious question:

The problem is that ain't happening The government IS THE RICH,,,Check out those millionaires in congress

Every other country has a progressive tax system, here we don't anymore. Federal income taxes are much smaller now and the only Progressive one.

Damn, two sentences, and one contradicts the other. LMAO

How so?

Every other country has a progressive tax system, here we don't anymore. Federal income taxes are much smaller now and the only Progressive one.

We don't have progressive taxes anymore, yet the federal system is the only one that is? Do we have a progressive system or not?

When the top 80% of wage earners pay between 24 and 29% of their income in all taxes, that is a flat tax system. And a great way to make us a Banana Republic. All the New Wealth ends up with the richest and the country Goes to Hell, like the last 35 years. great job.

Last edited:

we don't and why the mueller investigation is a which hunt and we're fighting it. we don't want one of those goberments.
When it goes on for 6 years like Whitewater then it's a Witch Hunt. Try waiting to see what their findings are... And don't get obsessed with the gabfest.

How so?

We don't have progressive taxes anymore, yet the federal system is the only one that is? Do we have a progressive system or not?

When the top 80% of wage earners pay between 24 and 29% of their income in all taxes, that is a flat tax system. And a great way to make us a Banana Republic. All the New Wealth adds up with the richest and the country Goes to Hell, like the last 35 yearsgreat job.
And then you have some like trump afraid to show he pays no tax

When it goes on for 6 years like Whitewater then it's a Witch Hunt. Try waiting to see what their findings are... And don't get obsessed with the gabfest.
well I know it won't be anything related to Russia. correct? made up shit is always a good recipe for a witch hunt.

How so?

When the top 80% of wage earners pay between 24 and 29% of their income in all taxes, that is a flat tax system. And a great way to make us a Banana Republic. All the New Wealth adds up with the richest and the country Goes to Hell, like the last 35 yearsgreat job.
And then you have some like trump afraid to show he pays no tax
why does it matter to you? If he did anything unlawful, his properties would be seized correct? so he followed the country's laws.

well I know it won't be anything related to Russia. correct? made up shit is always a good recipe for a witch hunt.
Ever listen to trump speak about russian connections??? All the time,, Methinks he protests too loudly And the firing of the guy investigating ?? Comey? Trump is scared

I can honestly say that only the wealthy have enough money to throw at politicians for politicians to do their bidding.

Oh, you mean like George Soros, Bill Gates, the late Steve Jobs, Warren Buffett?

So how are these people buying less political influence than those that contribute to the Republican party?

Unions give money, but they give the money of many. People getting together in groups. This isn't about individuals.

Oh, you mean like the NRA?

Fair isn't a figure, it's not a percentage. It's a "you benefit from the govt, therefore you need to pay for what you benefit from it".

Who benefits more from government, a rich person or a poor person? Why should a person who benefits the least from government have to pay more than the person who benefits the most?

If you have a multinational and they pay 10% of tax, and a competing business which pays 30% of tax, but the multinational pays $500 million and the small business pays $10,000, which of those figures makes it unfair?

I don't even understand the question, however multinational companies pay corporate taxes on money they made from their US operations. If they make money elsewhere, why should they pay taxes there and here?
You mean a rich person's companies don't use the roads airports and ports, the police and the Army don't protect their assets? Another total dupe...

Of course they use it, they mostly paid of it.

What do you think, roads are build, and Army is paid with taxes that come from bottom 50% of taxpayers?

Forum List

Back