OK, I'll admit it, our friends on the left are correct; there IS a catch to the Trump tax cuts

Damn, two sentences, and one contradicts the other. LMAO

How so?

Every other country has a progressive tax system, here we don't anymore. Federal income taxes are much smaller now and the only Progressive one.

We don't have progressive taxes anymore, yet the federal system is the only one that is? Do we have a progressive system or not?

When the top 80% of wage earners pay between 24 and 29% of their income in all taxes, that is a flat tax system. And a great way to make us a Banana Republic. All the New Wealth ends up with the richest and the country Goes to Hell, like the last 35 years. great job.

Damn, you're a worse broken record than matthew, individual taxing authorities set their rates, The feds are not responsible for SALT rates and they are not responsible for subsidizing them.

Also I've had enough of your class warfare crap, people move up and down the economic ladder all the time, no one is being held down and no one is being held up. You, I and everyone else are the sum total of our own decisions, accept that fact and move on.

Yep don't worry about facts and the GOP giving the store away to the rich while screwing everyone else, it's just that everyone decided to get lazy all of a sudden. Really silly stuff, dupe.
Written on March 28, 2011 at 12:08 pm by elfish

The Demise of the American Middle Class In Numbers.
Filed under Economicsno comments

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = The Fed - Financial Accounts of the United States - Z.1 - Current Release
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts

Every other country has a progressive tax system, here we don't anymore. Federal income taxes are much smaller now and the only Progressive one.

We don't have progressive taxes anymore, yet the federal system is the only one that is? Do we have a progressive system or not?

When the top 80% of wage earners pay between 24 and 29% of their income in all taxes, that is a flat tax system. And a great way to make us a Banana Republic. All the New Wealth ends up with the richest and the country Goes to Hell, like the last 35 years. great job.

Damn, you're a worse broken record than matthew, individual taxing authorities set their rates, The feds are not responsible for SALT rates and they are not responsible for subsidizing them.

Also I've had enough of your class warfare crap, people move up and down the economic ladder all the time, no one is being held down and no one is being held up. You, I and everyone else are the sum total of our own decisions, accept that fact and move on.

Yep don't worry about facts and the GOP giving the store away to the rich while screwing everyone else, it's just that everyone decided to get lazy all of a sudden. Really silly stuff, dupe.
Written on March 28, 2011 at 12:08 pm by elfish

Filed under Economicsno comments

Over the past 35 years the American dream has gradually disappeared. The process was slow, so most people didn’t notice. They just worked a few more hours, borrowed a little more and cut back on non-essentials. But looking at the numbers and comparing them over long time periods, it is obvious that things have changed drastically. Here are the details:

1. WORKERS PRODUCE MORE BUT THE GAINS GO TO BUSINESS.

Over the past 63 years worker productivity has grown by 2.0% per year.

But after 1980, workers received a smaller share every year. Labor’s share of income (1992 = 100%):

1950 = 101%
1960 = 105%
1970 = 105%
1980 = 105% – Reagan
1990 = 100%
2000 = 96%
2007 = 92%

A 13% drop since 1980

2. THE TOP 10% GET A LARGER SHARE.

Share of National Income going to Top 10%:

1950 = 35%
1960 = 34%
1970 = 34%
1980 = 34% – Reagan
1990 = 40%
2000 = 47%
2007 = 50%

An increase of 16% since Reagan.

3. WORKERS COMPENSATED FOR THE LOSS OF INCOME BY SPENDING THEIR SAVINGS.

The savings Rose up to Reagan and fell during and after.

1950 = 6.0%
1960 = 7.0%
1970 = 8.5%
1980 = 10.0% – Reagan
1982 = 11.2% – Peak
1990 = 7.0%
2000 = 2.0%
2006 = -1.1% (Negative = withdrawing from savings)

A 12.3% drop after Reagan.

4. WORKERS ALSO BORROWED TO MAKE UP FOR THE LOSS.

Household Debt as percentage of GDP:

1965 = 46%
1970 = 45%
1980 = 50% – Reagan
1990 = 61%
2000 = 69%
2007 = 95%

A 45% increase after 1980.

5. SO THE GAP BETWEEN THE RICHEST AND THE POOREST HAS GROWN.

Gap Between the Share of Capital Income earned by the top 1%
and the bottom 80%:

1980 = 10%
2003 = 56%

A 5.6 times increase.

6. AND THE AMERICAN DREAM IS GONE.

The Probably of Moving Up from the Bottom 40% to the Top 40%:

1945 = 12%
1958 = 6%
1990 = 3%
2000 = 2%

A 10% Decrease.

Links:

1 = ftp://ftp.bls.gov/pub/special.requests/pf/totalf1.txt
1 = https://www.clevelandfed.org/Research/PolicyDis/No7Nov04.pdf
1 = Clipboard01.jpg (image)
2 – http://www.whitehouse.gov/omb/blog/09/04/27/CongratulationstoEmmanuelSaez/
3 = http://www.demos.org/inequality/images/charts/uspersonalsaving_thumb.gif
3 = U.S. Bureau of Economic Analysis (BEA)
4 = Federated Prudent Bear Fund (A): Overview
4 = The Fed - Financial Accounts of the United States - Z.1 - Current Release
5/6 = 15 Mind-Blowing Facts About Wealth And Inequality In America

Overview = http://www.ourfuture.org/blog-entry/2010062415/reagan-revolution-home-roost-charts
And it will just keep getting worse as long as we have these ridiculous tax rates on the rich. We need to go back to something more like before ray gun.

Yup, I figured you'd have a dumbass response.
What this country is dying for is a healthy middle class and working class, so we have demand for product. That would truly float all boats, as opposed to your Pander to the rich mess, super doopity dupe LOL

With a one month paid vacation and parental leave how in the heck do you plan on being productive. That may float your boat but no one else's.
I am still retired... If only you dupes weren't blinded by selfishness to the point that you believe everyone is... Duped again...

selfishness?

We're about doing things on your own...
and us rightwingers are much better at giving than leftwingers.....you guys depend on the govt to do it...but you wont part with the cash yourself

But, but... you don't understand. You're not giving as much they want to get.

And no worries, lefties only give when press is around.
Only because charity counts Church giving which is pathetic at helping the poor. The Democratic Rich want to raise their own taxes to help the country, while the GOP rich are lying thieving cheating hypocrites who have brainwashed you, super dupe. Charity fails when it's really needed and are often scams.

Get 'em outta here America hater. ^
Guess what, only bigots want to throw Worthy immigrants out of the country. Pass the 2010 immigration Bill and end this crap.

We're not talking about immigrants, we're talking about illegals.

Illegals are not immigrants. They're just... illegals. All illegals should be kicked out of the country. Every single one.
Will never happen... Ask Reagan and pass the 2010 Democratic immigration bill with an s s ID card and and this GOP charade.

What this country is dying for is a healthy middle class and working class, so we have demand for product. That would truly float all boats, as opposed to your Pander to the rich mess, super doopity dupe LOL

With a one month paid vacation and parental leave how in the heck do you plan on being productive. That may float your boat but no one else's.
I am still retired... If only you dupes weren't blinded by selfishness to the point that you believe everyone is... Duped again...

selfishness?

and us rightwingers are much better at giving than leftwingers.....you guys depend on the govt to do it...but you wont part with the cash yourself

Only because charity counts Church giving which is pathetic at helping the poor. The Democratic Rich want to raise their own taxes to help the country, while the GOP rich are lying thieving cheating hypocrites who have brainwashed you, super dupe. Charity fails when it's really needed and are often scams.

Sure, maybe we should get a second opinion from John Kerry...dumbass.

selfishness?

????

Blowing 10-20 million, puts 10-20 million back into the economy and creates a demand which in turn puts people to work, which means it is taxed. It is a natural way of income redistribution, not forced as the government does. So it is all good. If everyone who inherited their money did this, the economy would be better.

I really don’t care how other people spend their money or if they inherited their money, it isn’t my business and I have more important things to worry about than whether you worked for your wealth or inherited your wealth.

They could get the money back into the economy by taxing the inheritance. Then they wouldn't have to worry about wasting goods and services on some good-for-nothing lazy rich deadbeat.

since when do you guys care about working?
Second, why cant rich people leave money to their kids?
They can, but it should be taxed like regular income at the very least.
and third he increased his wealth by quite a bit working, so it's not like he took the money from daddy and then blew it on hookers and coke.

Why can't everyone else pull themselves up by their bootstraps and "work" by investing their spare $10-20 million they have laying around?

wow are you on crack? or do you just like to deny reality to keep your bubble up?

The reality is that inheriting something is not "work."

OK, he got richer working......he had money and did something with it...why are you such a hater of that......
was your dad rich and you tossed it down the toilet?

Yeah, he put it somewhere for it to become more money. Investments are not "work" kind of like the lottery is not work.
Considering that trumps businesses have gone bankrupt three or four times and he ended up being a brand name and a reality TV bozo... He is a bad businessman. In the end he just took money to put his name on other people's buildings. He's a con man who will never show his tax returns...

How many of your businesses are successful?
Sorry, daddy didn't give me millions to invest.

My dad gave me nothing however I have built and sold three business
I just finished with ADMIRAL ROCKWELL TORY (see his posts in the last 5 hours), an illiterate moron who couldn't figure out what I said and thought I was lying.

I don’t think you are lying, I know you are. You have produced nothing, thanks for proving you are a bigot and a liar.
I handed him his ass right here:
You claimed he got rich because of inheritance, did you not?

That was a lie. He was already rich before his father and mother died. You are a liar. Admit it. You post things that you know for certain are not true. .
I said he got it from his dad, one way or another.

He inherited it, stupid. He may have also received some as a gift prior to his father's death.

That was, oh, over 100-200 posts back. See, it's that problem rearing its ugly head again: your illiteracy.

Who the hell cares, I asked you to prove that rich people who inherit money from their parents are deadbeats and lazy, you have not proved it, unless you are citing one person as your evidence that millions are that way.
I didn't say anything about "millions." That's your statement, dumbass. I don't have to prove what you said.

Dumb ass prove to me that rich people who inherit money from their parents are deadbeats and lazy. Thank you.
Many are and there is a huge number of people these days just shuffling papers to make money. Nobody said they're all dead Beats.

Last edited:

selfishness?

????

You have no clue...John Kerry is one of those that went out of his way to AVOID paying taxes. Next you can check with Charlie Rangel, chairman of the supreme tax-writing body in the United States, the House Ways and Means Committee, is under investigation for, among other things, dodging taxes....dumbass.

selfishness?

????

You have no clue...John Kerry is one of those that went out of his way to AVOID paying taxes. Next you can check with Charlie Rangel, chairman of the supreme tax-writing body in the United States, the House Ways and Means Committee, is under investigation for, among other things, dodging taxes....dumbass.
Bulshit gossip about his yacht being in Rhode Island?? Means not a damn thing. What about the policy they were for, Dupe?

selfishness?

????

And while you're busy checking on how pro-taxes democrats are you may want to check on:
Al Sharpton, who owes close to $600,000
Clinton Foundation, that inaccurately reported donations.
Claire McCaskill, who failed to pay $287,000 from 2011
Timothy Geithner, owes $34,000 in self employment taxes.

????

Bulshit gossip about his yacht being in Rhode Island?? Means not a damn thing. What about the policy they were for, Dupe?

Policy they were for??....sure, they were all for higher taxes...for everyone EXCEPT themselves...dumbass.

????

Feel free to let me know if you need more names.

????

Feel free to let me know if you need more names.
More b******* gossip that doesn't mean a damn thing you mean, dupe. All I care about is the policy... Try it sometime and be a Democrat not a dupe of bulshit hate character assassination propaganda.

????

Policy they were for??....sure, they were all for higher taxes...for everyone EXCEPT themselves...dumbass.
Right wing idiocy at its best

????

franco!....what happened to those bills?....lol....

????

Right wing idiocy!!! LOL, much better than being a left wing idiot.

The Democratic Rich want to raise their own taxes to help the country, while the GOP rich are lying thieving cheating hypocrites who have brainwashed you, super dupe.

Is that why they're complaining so much about not being able to write-off mortgage interest after 750K on new home purchases under the Republican tax reform bill?

Oh, so now that you've been called out, you changed it to "some" rich people?
I never said they were all deadbeats, so there's nothing to change. "All" was the delusion of some dumbass on this forum. Ask him to prove it.

Sorry, but when you say "people who inherited money are deadbeats" that does mean all.
"All" means "All." "All" is not in that sentence, but it was in a different sentence posted by another illiterate retard like you.

No. If you don't quantify it, then it means all. You didn't say half, or most, or some, you said people who inherit money.
If it's not quantified, then it's not quantified. You're seeing something that isn't there. You should have that looked at. I can't help you with that since I'm not in the field of psychiatric medicine.

So if I say Democrats are Communists, you might not take offense to that? So you tell me, how many Democrats am I talking about in that statement?

franco!....what happened to those bills?....lol....
New England as usual and the worst call of the Year from the refs. Now they have to beat Miami and either the Ravens lose to Cincinnati or the Chargers and Titans have to lose. I'm hoping the Ravens lose and we get to beat malarkey and the Titans in the playoffs.

I never said they were all deadbeats, so there's nothing to change. "All" was the delusion of some dumbass on this forum. Ask him to prove it.

Sorry, but when you say "people who inherited money are deadbeats" that does mean all.
"All" means "All." "All" is not in that sentence, but it was in a different sentence posted by another illiterate retard like you.

No. If you don't quantify it, then it means all. You didn't say half, or most, or some, you said people who inherit money.
If it's not quantified, then it's not quantified. You're seeing something that isn't there. You should have that looked at. I can't help you with that since I'm not in the field of psychiatric medicine.

So if I say Democrats are Communists, you might not take offense to that? So you tell me, how many Democrats am I talking about in that statement?
Everyone should take offense to hateful b******* like that... 20% of the country are supposed to be insane and that would be all you dupes and rush bots....

Forum List

Back