OK, I'll admit it, our friends on the left are correct; there IS a catch to the Trump tax cuts

In the United States the National Bureau of Economic Research determines contractions and expansions in the business cycle, but does not declare depressions.[1] Generally, periods labeled depressions are marked by a substantial and sustained shortfall of the ability to purchase goods relative to the amount that could be produced using current resources and technology (potential output).[2] Another proposed definition of depression includes two general rules:[3][4]

1. a decline in real GDP exceeding 10%, or
  2. a recession lasting 2 or more years.
Depression (economics) - Wikipedia

He is so dishonest, we catch him in lie after lie after lie and he still pretends he is a man of good character. He fits in well with the other liars in the Democratic Party.
Shove it up your ass you stupid dupe. I make mistakes but I'm no liar. I don't believe you're a liar either just ignorant and brainwashed. That makes you a hater dupe. I don't hate you most of my friends are dupes. My area voted 73% Trump.
So Wikipedia and most other non propaganda sources say 1989 was a Depression. Where is my apology?

LOL! Wikipedia is a reliable source? Anyone can add to Wiki, dupe!

The History of Recessions In The United States
A Review Of Past Recessions
13 Of The Worst Recessions / Depressions In US History
11 Recessions Since the Great Depression

All the above articles refer to the 90-91 recession as caused by the S&L Crisis. You know the S&L Crisis that created the Keating Five Hearings of the five Senators that were accused of using their power to help a certain S&L out. Hmmm....four out of the five Senators were Democrats, pretty interesting how you blame Republicans.

What other reliable source shows the United States was in a depression in 1989? The articles I read say recession and show that the last United States depression was in 30's. So no apology until you give a reliable source and Wiki is laughable as a reliable source. Nice try hater dupe.
Yes only bought off High School grad GOP pundits are reliable LOL... So when the GDP was at -0.1 % for all of 1991, how do you explain that? does that make it a depression. You're damn straight it does Super dupe.
U.S. - GDP growth by year 1990-2016 | Statista

So when the GDP was at -0.1 % for all of 1991, how do you explain that? does that make it a depression. You're damn straight it does

Hey Toro check out the new definition of a Depression.

View attachment 169461

Real Gross Domestic Product

That's so weird, that depression year of 1989 had better GDP growth than any year under Obama. DERP!
Funny how your graph line goes below 1% and God knows where... I do believe you are totally full of s***. Congratulations you are the first person I believe is actually a liar on here.

View attachment 169475

This is a depression.
Growth of 1% isn't even a recession.

You're an idiot....no lie.
So GDP growth in 1991 was -0.1%... What's your explanation for that lol!

So GDP growth in 1991 was -0.1%... What's your explanation for that lol!

My explanation is that 1991 is 2 years after your "1989 Depression" DERP!
And -0.1% is barely even a recession.
To go from 4% bubble to 1% in a year and then 2 - 0.1% the next year is it depression jackass, as defined in the article you quoted which also said it was a severe depression. God you are so thick

To go from 4% bubble to 1% in a year and then 2 - 0.1% the next year is it depression

No, a depression is when GDP drops 10%.

In the United States the National Bureau of Economic Research determines contractions and expansions in the business cycle, but does not declare depressions.[1] Generally, periods labeled depressions are marked by a substantial and sustained shortfall of the ability to purchase goods relative to the amount that could be produced using current resources and technology (potential output).[2] Another proposed definition of depression includes two general rules:[3][4]

1. a decline in real GDP exceeding 10%, or
  2. a recession lasting 2 or more years.
Depression (economics) - Wikipedia

He is so dishonest, we catch him in lie after lie after lie and he still pretends he is a man of good character. He fits in well with the other liars in the Democratic Party.
Shove it up your ass you stupid dupe. I make mistakes but I'm no liar. I don't believe you're a liar either just ignorant and brainwashed. That makes you a hater dupe. I don't hate you most of my friends are dupes. My area voted 73% Trump.
So Wikipedia and most other non propaganda sources say 1989 was a Depression. Where is my apology?

LOL! Wikipedia is a reliable source? Anyone can add to Wiki, dupe!

The History of Recessions In The United States
A Review Of Past Recessions
13 Of The Worst Recessions / Depressions In US History
11 Recessions Since the Great Depression

All the above articles refer to the 90-91 recession as caused by the S&L Crisis. You know the S&L Crisis that created the Keating Five Hearings of the five Senators that were accused of using their power to help a certain S&L out. Hmmm....four out of the five Senators were Democrats, pretty interesting how you blame Republicans.

What other reliable source shows the United States was in a depression in 1989? The articles I read say recession and show that the last United States depression was in 30's. So no apology until you give a reliable source and Wiki is laughable as a reliable source. Nice try hater dupe.
Yes only bought off High School grad GOP pundits are reliable LOL... So when the GDP was at -0.1 % for all of 1991, how do you explain that? does that make it a depression. You're damn straight it does Super dupe.

It’s a recession, a recession and depression are marked by quarters not by years. Go educate yourself dupe, your stupid uninformed comments are really to stupid to answer because you know nothing of what you speak. Your hero’s the Keating 5?

Too dumb to even bother with...

Right because you know your wrong, you don’t know the difference between a recession and a depression. Again, nothing in 1989, 1990 or 1991 show a depression, a recession, yes, a depression, no. Then you have the
Keating 5, do you know who they are? Hint it had to do with the S&L scandal and four out of the five were Democratic Senators, lol.

You got it all figured out, from Communist manifesto?
Start small and learn the basics of American income taxation before you move onto foreign economic theory, clown.

You're the one talking about and promoting communist system, soyboy. Not me.
How would you know? You're too much of a moron to figure out what American income is.

You must confused me with someone else. Unless everyone who disagree with you know nothing about income tax. Based on what you said so far, my conclusion is that your transgender poetry degree doesn't make you an expert on economics. Neither on communism which you're promoting here without even knowing.

The soy has messed up your brain, take a break from it.
As soon as you scream communists, you look like a total idiot to 90% of the people.

That's what you and your buddy bgrouse are. Based on what you're posting here, you two are pretty much promoting communism and you can't deny that.

You got it all figured out, from Communist manifesto?
Start small and learn the basics of American income taxation before you move onto foreign economic theory, clown.

How would you know? You're too much of a moron to figure out what American income is.

You must confused me with someone else. Unless everyone who disagree with you know nothing about income tax. Based on what you said so far, my conclusion is that your transgender poetry degree doesn't make you an expert on economics. Neither on communism which you're promoting here without even knowing.

You don't need a degree to read and comprehend the basics on the IRS website. Well, maybe you do. That and an ESL instructor.

Even if you had one that count, it certainly isn't helping you since you're wrong (or lying) on everything you posted here.

Toddsterpatriot addressing the housing/mortgage/financial collapse.

Many believe the GOP was at fault 100%.

But enough about idiots like you......

Childish. NO ONE believes the GOP was at fault 100%. The GOP's fault was in not fighting Democrats who were Hell bent to make it easy to buy a home regardless of income, regardless of credit, regardless of savings.

Allow me:

Just to remind all our FRIENDS from the far left, the responsibility for this mess lies with Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. AND WITH REPUBLICANS for backing off every time Barney Frank and his cronies played…THE RACE CARD! The housing bubble is what led to the downfall and that was driven by Democrats, starting with Jimmy Carter and hugely expanded by Bill Clinton. Here are the facts, once again, for you to ignore….

HUD TO FIGHT DISCRIMINATION, BOOST MINORITY HOMEOWNERSHIP AND WORK WITH URBAN LEAGUE TO FURTHER GOALS
August 5, 1997
HUD to Fight Discrimination, Boost Minority Homeownership and Work With Urban League to Further Goals - Free Online Library

New York Times - 1999
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending -
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending

President Bush’s and the Administrations Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs – Fannie and Freddie dating back to 2001
Just the Facts: The Administration’s Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs

By Elliot Blair Smith,
USA TODAY
Fannie Mae to pay $400 million fine
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&refer=columnist_hassett&sid=aSKSoiNbnQY0

Franklin Raines was Director of the Office of Management and Budget under Clinton and returned to Fannie Mae as its CEO in 1999. Raines is not a “chief” economic adviser for President Barack Hussein Obama but has advised the administration on mortgage and housing matters. Obama had hired another former Fannie CEO, Jim Johnson as a member of Obama’s V.P. search committee and who was forced to quit under fire.

Bloomberg News -
How the Democrats Created the Financial Crisis -
http://www.bloomberg.com/apps/news?pid=newsarchive&refer=columnist_hassett&sid=aSKSoiNbnQY0

Democrats in their own words covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac

Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Democrats of Financial Crisis

From the New York Times
New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

By STEPHEN LABATON
Published: September 11, 2003 WASHINGTON,

Sept. 10— The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.

Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.

The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to set one of the two capital-reserve requirements for the companies. It would exercise authority over any new lines of business. And it would determine whether the two are adequately managing the risks of their ballooning portfolios.

The plan is an acknowledgment by the administration that oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- which together have issued more than $1.5 trillion in outstanding debt -- is broken. A report by outside investigators in July concluded that Freddie Mac manipulated its accounting to mislead investors, and critics have said Fannie Mae does not adequately hedge against rising interest rates.
Read more: New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

[…]

###

From USNews and World Report
Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle
By Sam Dealey

September 10, 2008

[…]

So five years ago, there was one of those rare moments in Washington when the branches and personalities of government—in this case, the Bush administration—are less interested in protecting or expanding their turf than in fixing a looming catastrophe. What was Frank's response to the proposal?

''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''

[…]

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/sam-dealey/2008/09/10/barney-franks-fannie-and-freddie-muddle

Wall Street Journal Barney’s Rubble – September 17, 2008
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB122161010874845645

Barney Frank in 2005: What Housing Bubble?

Maxine Waters & Barney Frank - Then Vs. Now -
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Steve Kroft On Credit Default Swaps And Their Central Role In The Unfolding Economic Crisis -
The Bet That Blew Up Wall Street

All this, in addition to the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act by President William Jefferson Clinton caused the meltdown.

It COULD have been stopped or greatly reduced. Democrats fought that every step of the way and the Republicans wilted under the barrage of being called racist and worse.

Thank you for the incredible pile of crap... Fannie and Freddie lost two-thirds of their share of the market in 2000 to 2003 when the independence financial institutions and Friends of George W and the bushies took over regulation of the market and destroyed it with their buddies... Republicans are always trying to f*** with Fannie and Freddie which has worked very well until the idiots of the scumbag GOP and You dupes got going...

Are you happy to be voting for lobbyists and their power in Washington?

Losing the battle, so you being the dishonest dupe tries to change the narrative. Lobbyists come in from both parties, why do you think Obamacare became such a mess? It was from lobbyists influencing Democrats when they wrote the bill so it would protect insurance companies and the AMA.

Left wing dupes are so easily fooled. I wish we had Liberals back instead of you fools.

Obama did what he had to do to pass it and just barely did.... Like the tax rates the lobbyists system is a GOP system as is.

Donald Trump Didn’t Want to Win – and Neither Did His Campaign

Sure, he certainly did have to lie and deceive public in order to pass it. And you, just like every other lefist accept that, because lies and deceit is what makes you leftists.

You said every time. So you lied.
And there was no depression in 1988....or even a recession.

Maybe you should post the definition of depression, so your confusion can be corrected.
The S&L Scandal and bust was the biggest economic meltdown since 1929 and it was based on Republican corruption and stupidity as usual.

The S&L Scandal and bust was the biggest economic meltdown since 1929

That's awful!!

It's also not a depression or a recession.
Only cost 320 billion dollars 2017 to bail out the financial institutions and over 700 disappeared. Many of you GOP dupes believe there was no depression in 2008 because there was no one selling apples on the corner. That only cost seven or eight or nine trillion dollars in all. In the same way the S&L crisis probably cost 2 trillion dollars in all... IE add unemployment and Welfare 4 victims Etc.

Only cost 320 billion dollars 2017 to bail out the financial institutions and over 700 disappeared.

That's awful!!

The savings & loans and the leveraged buyoutcrises led to a severe depression in mid-to-late 1989, causing a recession in 1990-91(also fueled by the oil price crisis), whose effects lasted as late as 1994. This downturn is more remembered for its political effects: British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher had to resign in November 1990 as a result of the socioeconomic debacle caused by her later policies; and while his approval ratings were above 60%, U.S. President George H. W. Bushlost the 1992 election to Bill Clinton because of the domestic malady marked by the depression and increasing urban decay.

From Wikipedia depression. Glad to educate you Dupes, too bad you're brainwashed...

What caused S&L crisis? You know that, right?

Only cost 320 billion dollars 2017 to bail out the financial institutions and over 700 disappeared.

That's awful!!

The savings & loans and the leveraged buyoutcrises led to a severe depression in mid-to-late 1989, causing a recession in 1990-91(also fueled by the oil price crisis), whose effects lasted as late as 1994. This downturn is more remembered for its political effects: British Prime Minister Margaret Thatcher had to resign in November 1990 as a result of the socioeconomic debacle caused by her later policies; and while his approval ratings were above 60%, U.S. President George H. W. Bushlost the 1992 election to Bill Clinton because of the domestic malady marked by the depression and increasing urban decay.

From Wikipedia depression. Glad to educate you Dupes, too bad you're brainwashed...

The savings & loans and the leveraged buyoutcrises led to a severe depression in mid-to-late 1989

Prove it. Perhaps link to NBER and show the dates of that "depression".
Show the massive drop in GDP that occurred during that depression of 1989.
That is the same Wikipedia article that you just quoted... Idiot LOL!

Yup. If you have a different definition of depression that actually fits the 1989 data, post it.

Because there was no depression in 1989. Moron.
No material thicker than dupe skull ...
Savings And Loan Crisis (S&L) - Investopedia
Investopedia › terms › sl-crisis

Widespread corruption and other factors led to the insolvency of the FSLIC, the $124 billion bailout of junk bond investments and the liquidation of more than 700 S&Ls by the Resolution Trust Corporation. The S&L Crisis is arguably the most catastrophic collapse of the banking industry since the Great Depression.

It all started with Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 signed by Carter in order to help S&L to grow out of trouble that they were in already. It help them on a short run, and killed them later. Isn't that the way that every Democrat program works?

As soon as you scream communists, you look like a total idiot to 90% of the people.

That's what you and your buddy bgrouse are. Based on what you're posting here, you two are pretty much promoting communism and you can't deny that.
I deny it totally super dupe. Communism is a dictatorship that owns all industry and business, you idiot.

The savings & loans and the leveraged buyoutcrises led to a severe depression in mid-to-late 1989

Yup. If you have a different definition of depression that actually fits the 1989 data, post it.

Widespread corruption and other factors led to the insolvency of the FSLIC, the $124 billion bailout of junk bond investments and the liquidation of more than 700 S&Ls by the Resolution Trust Corporation. The S&L Crisis is arguably the most catastrophic collapse of the banking industry since the Great Depression.

It all started with Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 signed by Carter in order to help S&L to grow out of trouble that they were in already. It help them on a short run, and killed them later. Isn't that the way that every Democrat program works?
It started and ended with Republican regulation out of control as always d u h.

Toddsterpatriot addressing the housing/mortgage/financial collapse.

Childish. NO ONE believes the GOP was at fault 100%. The GOP's fault was in not fighting Democrats who were Hell bent to make it easy to buy a home regardless of income, regardless of credit, regardless of savings.

Allow me:

Just to remind all our FRIENDS from the far left, the responsibility for this mess lies with Jimmy Carter, Bill Clinton, Barney Frank and Chris Dodd. AND WITH REPUBLICANS for backing off every time Barney Frank and his cronies played…THE RACE CARD! The housing bubble is what led to the downfall and that was driven by Democrats, starting with Jimmy Carter and hugely expanded by Bill Clinton. Here are the facts, once again, for you to ignore….

HUD TO FIGHT DISCRIMINATION, BOOST MINORITY HOMEOWNERSHIP AND WORK WITH URBAN LEAGUE TO FURTHER GOALS
August 5, 1997
HUD to Fight Discrimination, Boost Minority Homeownership and Work With Urban League to Further Goals - Free Online Library

New York Times - 1999
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending -
Fannie Mae Eases Credit To Aid Mortgage Lending

President Bush’s and the Administrations Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs – Fannie and Freddie dating back to 2001
Just the Facts: The Administration’s Unheeded Warnings About the Systemic Risk Posed by the GSEs

By Elliot Blair Smith,
USA TODAY
Fannie Mae to pay $400 million fine

Franklin Raines was Director of the Office of Management and Budget under Clinton and returned to Fannie Mae as its CEO in 1999. Raines is not a “chief” economic adviser for President Barack Hussein Obama but has advised the administration on mortgage and housing matters. Obama had hired another former Fannie CEO, Jim Johnson as a member of Obama’s V.P. search committee and who was forced to quit under fire.

Bloomberg News -
How the Democrats Created the Financial Crisis -

Democrats in their own words covering up the Fannie Mae, Freddie Mac

Timeline shows Bush, McCain warning Democrats of Financial Crisis

From the New York Times
New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

By STEPHEN LABATON
Published: September 11, 2003 WASHINGTON,

Sept. 10— The Bush administration today recommended the most significant regulatory overhaul in the housing finance industry since the savings and loan crisis a decade ago.

Under the plan, disclosed at a Congressional hearing today, a new agency would be created within the Treasury Department to assume supervision of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac, the government-sponsored companies that are the two largest players in the mortgage lending industry.

The new agency would have the authority, which now rests with Congress, to set one of the two capital-reserve requirements for the companies. It would exercise authority over any new lines of business. And it would determine whether the two are adequately managing the risks of their ballooning portfolios.

The plan is an acknowledgment by the administration that oversight of Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- which together have issued more than $1.5 trillion in outstanding debt -- is broken. A report by outside investigators in July concluded that Freddie Mac manipulated its accounting to mislead investors, and critics have said Fannie Mae does not adequately hedge against rising interest rates.
Read more: New Agency Proposed to Oversee Freddie Mac and Fannie Mae

[…]

###

From USNews and World Report
Barney Frank's Fannie and Freddie Muddle
By Sam Dealey

September 10, 2008

[…]

So five years ago, there was one of those rare moments in Washington when the branches and personalities of government—in this case, the Bush administration—are less interested in protecting or expanding their turf than in fixing a looming catastrophe. What was Frank's response to the proposal?

''These two entities -- Fannie Mae and Freddie Mac -- are not facing any kind of financial crisis,'' said Representative Barney Frank of Massachusetts, the ranking Democrat on the Financial Services Committee. ''The more people exaggerate these problems, the more pressure there is on these companies, the less we will see in terms of affordable housing.''

[…]

http://www.usnews.com/opinion/blogs/sam-dealey/2008/09/10/barney-franks-fannie-and-freddie-muddle

Wall Street Journal Barney’s Rubble – September 17, 2008
http://online.wsj.com/news/articles/SB122161010874845645

Barney Frank in 2005: What Housing Bubble?

Maxine Waters & Barney Frank - Then Vs. Now -
Embedded media from this media site is no longer available

Steve Kroft On Credit Default Swaps And Their Central Role In The Unfolding Economic Crisis -
The Bet That Blew Up Wall Street

All this, in addition to the repeal of the Glass-Steagall Act by President William Jefferson Clinton caused the meltdown.

It COULD have been stopped or greatly reduced. Democrats fought that every step of the way and the Republicans wilted under the barrage of being called racist and worse.

Thank you for the incredible pile of crap... Fannie and Freddie lost two-thirds of their share of the market in 2000 to 2003 when the independence financial institutions and Friends of George W and the bushies took over regulation of the market and destroyed it with their buddies... Republicans are always trying to f*** with Fannie and Freddie which has worked very well until the idiots of the scumbag GOP and You dupes got going...

Losing the battle, so you being the dishonest dupe tries to change the narrative. Lobbyists come in from both parties, why do you think Obamacare became such a mess? It was from lobbyists influencing Democrats when they wrote the bill so it would protect insurance companies and the AMA.

Left wing dupes are so easily fooled. I wish we had Liberals back instead of you fools.

Obama did what he had to do to pass it and just barely did.... Like the tax rates the lobbyists system is a GOP system as is.

Sure, he certainly did have to lie and deceive public in order to pass it. And you, just like every other lefist accept that, because lies and deceit is what makes you leftists.

Some of his predictions were blocked. That's not a lie.

Right because Keating sent large campaign donations to Democrats because? Oh wait that screws up your narrative. Also the control of Congress was Democrat held in the House for 40 years and the Senate for 34 of the forty years but it was the Republican laws that got through Congress to cause the S&L problem? LOL! Your inability to look at both sides makes you the biggest dupe here, because I look at both sides and you ASSume it's the GOP's fault, pretty stupid thinking. You need to educate yourself, you don't know the what the definition of a Recession or a Depression is, you have no idea how government works and you just spew what ever the Democratic talking points tell you to spew. I can tell you were a teacher, you are basically clueless.

Predictions? LOL! He made statements, not predictions, man are you dishonest!

Right because Keating sent large campaign donations to Democrats because? Oh wait that screws up your narrative. Also the control of Congress was Democrat held in the House for 40 years and the Senate for 34 of the forty years but it was the Republican laws that got through Congress to cause the S&L problem? LOL! Your inability to look at both sides makes you the biggest dupe here, because I look at both sides and you ASSume it's the GOP's fault, pretty stupid thinking. You need to educate yourself, you don't know the what the definition of a Recession or a Depression is, you have no idea how government works and you just spew what ever the Democratic talking points tell you to spew. I can tell you were a teacher, you are basically clueless.
Who said anything about laws? It's Republican crony oversight where the Republicans are a joke... After that you're just totally full of s***LOL. Perhaps the S&L bust was just a gigantic recession and meltdown of the banking system congratulations Miss the point much?

Yes he made a statement that when ObamaCare passed you wouldn't have to worry about this and that... That's a prediction a******and he didn't have pure control of what the Democrats in Congress did. You idiots are lied to so much you don't even know what a lie is anymore...

Who said anything about laws? It's Republican crony oversight where the Republicans are a joke... After that you're just totally full of s***LOL. Perhaps the S&L bust was just a gigantic recession and meltdown of the banking system congratulations Miss the point much?

The oversight of the S&L was by those that were indicted as the Keating Five, which was one Republican and four Democrats. You aren't that dumb are you?

Recession? LOL! It wasn't a depression like you have been claiming? LOL! What a slimy way to shovel off responsibility.

Yes he made a statement that when ObamaCare passed you wouldn't have to worry about this and that... That's a prediction a******and he didn't have pure control of what the Democrats in Congress did. You idiots are lied to so much you don't even know what a lie is anymore...

So Obama was an idiot? He didn't have the Democratic members behind him and he made such stupid statements about keep your doctor and your policy? How stupid is the guy? You hater dupes are so dishonest and you kept pretending.

Forum List

Back