OK, I'll admit it, our friends on the left are correct; there IS a catch to the Trump tax cuts

Yup. If you have a different definition of depression that actually fits the 1989 data, post it.

Because there was no depression in 1989. Moron.
No material thicker than dupe skull ...
Savings And Loan Crisis (S&L) - Investopedia
Investopedia › terms › sl-crisis

Widespread corruption and other factors led to the insolvency of the FSLIC, the $124 billion bailout of junk bond investments and the liquidation of more than 700 S&Ls by the Resolution Trust Corporation. The S&L Crisis is arguably the most catastrophic collapse of the banking industry since the Great Depression.

It all started with Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 signed by Carter in order to help S&L to grow out of trouble that they were in already. It help them on a short run, and killed them later. Isn't that the way that every Democrat program works?

It started and ended with Republican regulation out of control as always d u h.

Right because Keating sent large campaign donations to Democrats because? Oh wait that screws up your narrative. Also the control of Congress was Democrat held in the House for 40 years and the Senate for 34 of the forty years but it was the Republican laws that got through Congress to cause the S&L problem? LOL! Your inability to look at both sides makes you the biggest dupe here, because I look at both sides and you ASSume it's the GOP's fault, pretty stupid thinking. You need to educate yourself, you don't know the what the definition of a Recession or a Depression is, you have no idea how government works and you just spew what ever the Democratic talking points tell you to spew. I can tell you were a teacher, you are basically clueless.
Who said anything about laws? It's Republican crony oversight where the Republicans are a joke... After that you're just totally full of s***LOL. Perhaps the S&L bust was just a gigantic recession and meltdown of the banking system congratulations Miss the point much?

Perhaps the S&L bust was just a gigantic recession

upload_2018-1-4_16-16-44.png

Real Gross Domestic Product

Why don't you point out the giant recession (not a depression anymore?....DERP!) we had in 1989?

Widespread corruption and other factors led to the insolvency of the FSLIC, the $124 billion bailout of junk bond investments and the liquidation of more than 700 S&Ls by the Resolution Trust Corporation. The S&L Crisis is arguably the most catastrophic collapse of the banking industry since the Great Depression.

It all started with Depository Institutions Deregulation and Monetary Control Act of 1980 signed by Carter in order to help S&L to grow out of trouble that they were in already. It help them on a short run, and killed them later. Isn't that the way that every Democrat program works?

Right because Keating sent large campaign donations to Democrats because? Oh wait that screws up your narrative. Also the control of Congress was Democrat held in the House for 40 years and the Senate for 34 of the forty years but it was the Republican laws that got through Congress to cause the S&L problem? LOL! Your inability to look at both sides makes you the biggest dupe here, because I look at both sides and you ASSume it's the GOP's fault, pretty stupid thinking. You need to educate yourself, you don't know the what the definition of a Recession or a Depression is, you have no idea how government works and you just spew what ever the Democratic talking points tell you to spew. I can tell you were a teacher, you are basically clueless.
Who said anything about laws? It's Republican crony oversight where the Republicans are a joke... After that you're just totally full of s***LOL. Perhaps the S&L bust was just a gigantic recession and meltdown of the banking system congratulations Miss the point much?

The oversight of the S&L was by those that were indicted as the Keating Five, which was one Republican and four Democrats. You aren't that dumb are you?

Recession? LOL! It wasn't a depression like you have been claiming? LOL! What a slimy way to shovel off responsibility.
I guess you could say it was debatable whether it was a bad recession or depression. At any rate it was the result of Republicans being an office and letting things go with their Pals on Wall Street and in the banking industry Etc etc. Either way it was a huge financial meltdown overseen by the GOP as usual. Can you brainwashed functional morons miss the point any more? LOL!

The oversight of the S&L was by those that were indicted as the Keating Five, which was one Republican and four Democrats. You aren't that dumb are you?

Recession? LOL! It wasn't a depression like you have been claiming? LOL! What a slimy way to shovel off responsibility.
I guess you could say it was debatable whether it was a bad recession or depression. At any rate it was the result of Republicans being an office and letting things go with their Pals on Wall Street and in the banking industry Etc etc. Either way it was a huge financial meltdown overseen by the GOP as usual. Can you brainwashed functional morons miss the point any more? LOL!

The only ones letting things go with their pals on Wall St. and in the banking industry were the Keating Five, which four were Democrats. Are you that ignorant of history? Do you ever read or have an interest in real history or just spout off Democratic Party talking points?

The only ones letting things go with their pals on Wall St. and in the banking industry were the Keating Five, which four were Democrats. Are you that ignorant of history? Do you ever read or have an interest in real history or just spout off Democratic Party talking points?
You are out of your mind super dupe. The Keating five were accused of intervening to help the president of One bank that lost 3 billion dollars they had nothing to do with the causes of the problems or anything else, super dupe. As always the giant recession or depression was caused by Republican crony oversight d u h!
Keating Five - Wikipedia

You are out of your mind super dupe. The Keating five were accused of intervening to help the president of One bank that lost 3 billion dollars they had nothing to do with the causes of the problems or anything else, super dupe. As always the giant recession or depression was caused by Republican crony oversight d u h!
Keating Five - Wikipedia

You are dense, why would Keating give five Senators large amounts of money when things began to fall apart, obviously he had been working with them as they were overseeing the S&L's.

You can play stupid, perhaps you really are stupid. But if those five Senators had no power to grant favors, then Keating would never had targeted them

Nice try dupe.

I guess you could say it was debatable whether it was a bad recession or depression.

Only an idiot would say it was either.

Keating Five - Wikipedia

You are dense, why would Keating give five Senators large amounts of money when things began to fall apart, obviously he had been working with them as they were overseeing the S&L's.

You can play stupid, perhaps you really are stupid. But if those five Senators had no power to grant favors, then Keating would never had targeted them

Nice try dupe.
Their intervention was after the fact, brainwashed functional s*******. Then you go into your usual conspiracy Nut Job stuff unbelievable...

I guess you could say it was debatable whether it was a bad recession or depression.

Like Investopedia that said it was the worst Financial meltdown since 1929? You live in a dream world super dupe...

Like Investopedia that said it was the worst Financial meltdown since 1929? You live in a dream world super dupe...

Like Investopedia that said it was the worst Financial meltdown since 1929?

If Investopedia said "The Depression of 1989" was the worst Financial meltdown since 1929, they should fire the moron that wrote it. Was it you?

If Investopedia said "The Depression of 1989" was the worst Financial meltdown since 1929, they should fire the moron that wrote it. Was it you?
What was the worst Financial meltdown since 1929 then Einstein?

View attachment 169646

Why don't you point out the giant recession (not a depression anymore?....DERP!) we had in 1989?
And only cost a couple trillion dollars of bailouts and assistance to victims to keep it that way d u h. I got laid off in 1991 and got 72 weeks of unemployment....

Before 2008 obviously. you're an idiot

Start small and learn the basics of American income taxation before you move onto foreign economic theory, clown.

You're the one talking about and promoting communist system, soyboy. Not me.
How would you know? You're too much of a moron to figure out what American income is.

You must confused me with someone else. Unless everyone who disagree with you know nothing about income tax. Based on what you said so far, my conclusion is that your transgender poetry degree doesn't make you an expert on economics. Neither on communism which you're promoting here without even knowing.

The soy has messed up your brain, take a break from it.
You don't need a degree to read and comprehend the basics on the IRS website. Well, maybe you do. That and an ESL instructor.

Even if you had one that count, it certainly isn't helping you since you're wrong (or lying) on everything you posted here.
What does that even mean? Even if I "had one that count?" Would you like to post that in your native language? I'll run it through Google and translate it into English.

View attachment 169646

And only cost a couple trillion dollars of bailouts and assistance to victims to keep it that way d u h. I got laid off in 1991 and got 72 weeks of unemployment....

The S&L bailout wasn't anywhere close to "a couple trillion dollars".

Before 2008, the recession the Fed created to kill double digit inflation in 1981.
So were you the moron that posted that BS about the "1989 Depression"?
DERP!

Before 2008, the recession the Fed created to kill double digit inflation in 1981.
DERP!
No that was Wikipedia from the same article you quoted...

View attachment 169646

Did I say it was, you silly jackass? Added welfare and UE for Millions....

DERP!
No that was Wikipedia from the same article you quoted...

Yeah, anybody who wrote that there was a Depression in 1989 is as stupid as you.

View attachment 169646

Did I say it was, you silly jackass? Added welfare and UE for Millions....

1991 was a mild recession. There was no recession or depression in 1989.
Trillions weren't needed for anything in 1989.

Forum List

Back