ok is trying to alienate teachers?

That's because the private sector is about a return on investment, the government is run on our money, they could care less how much they waste for no return, they just raise your taxes.

Irrelevant to what I replied to.

No. If you did you would realize the Supreme Court was basing on their decision that it was NOT taxpayer dollars paying for those vouchers.

Florida has had a similar program for special education student where businesses and individuals donate the funds. I left in 2006 and it was going strong even back then.
Wrong! You're talking to someone who is steeped in the pertinent case law along this line of decidendi going back to Everson v. The Board of Education. The issue pertains to the use of public funds, the collected revenue of direct taxation and/or the redirected revenue of incentives, by private schools.

You don't know what you're talking about.

It was completely relevant, but understandable that you wouldn't know why. ;)

It was said that the private sector can do everything quicker than public. You then note that the private sector isn't even going to do it unless there is a profit in it.

Again, the public sector brought us to the moon, the private still has not.

How so? You have 60 students, three teachers, 42 agree to the video, 18 do not. 18 in one classroom, 21 in the 2nd, and 21 in the 3rd. You'd have to consider scenarios where the numbers may be more skewed to one side, and then come up with other alternatives.

High school astronomy class...1 teacher, one class of 42. 3 kids parents say no, now you have to have two classes with two teachers one for 39 one for 3.

You want the entire plan down to the minutest detail handed to you, or it's just an impossible task, but you only demand that because you know that's the only way you can keep arguing against it.

I keep showing you why it will not work, and have shown you a dozen times why it is not necessary.

It was said that the private sector can do everything quicker than public. You then note that the private sector isn't even going to do it unless there is a profit in it.

Yes, the private sector needs to make a profit. Where do you think your money comes from? The government lives on money taken from other peoples profits. No profits mean's nothing to tax. And you can't just print free money for very long before a a pair of socks cost 47 dollars. And if you tax away someone's income there is no incentive to create income.

Yes, the private sector needs to make a profit. Where do you think your money comes from? The government lives on money taken from other peoples profits. No profits mean's nothing to tax. And you can't just print free money for very long before a a pair of socks cost 47 dollars. And if you tax away someone's income there is no incentive to create income.
Have you ever worked for da man? Yes? Did da man pay you profits? No? Did you still have to pay school taxes?

Say you work for a major corporation. Say Tesla. And Elon Da Man sees to it that Tesla pays no federal taxes. Say they even manage to suck some money out of the U.S. Treasury two years in a row. No profits, right? Do they still pay their employees? Do the board members still give themselves bonuses and raises? Does the government go broke? Now where do you suppose your money really comes from?

High school astronomy class...1 teacher, one class of 42. 3 kids parents say no, now you have to have two classes with two teachers one for 39 one for 3.

I keep showing you why it will not work, and have shown you a dozen times why it is not necessary.

Yes, you're apparently a 'the glass is half empty' person, I'm a 'the glass is half full' person. I try to find a ways to innovate and make things work, not give up at the first sign of difficulty.

Yes, and that is exactly what makes the private sector more efficient, less bloated, and more successful, all three good things. The private sector never will take us to the moon since it accomplishes nothing worth while, when or if that changes then they will.

Yes, you're apparently a 'the glass is half empty' person, I'm a 'the glass is half full' person. I try to find a ways to innovate and make things work, not give up at the first sign of difficulty.

I see no reason for schools to have to spend more money to fix a problem that does not exist.

Irrelevant to what was said and I replied to.

Yes, and that is exactly what makes the private sector more efficient, less bloated, and more successful, all three good things. The private sector never will take us to the moon since it accomplishes nothing worth while, when or if that changes then they will.

Of course it did.

There's alot of parents who will ensure their child is not being taped and never appears on a videotape. I would be one of those if this was happening when my kids were in school. You can bet, just like some parents are making noise today about what they do t like, I'd be one speaking out heavily against my kids being videotaped. If they'd appear once, I'm suing.

More parents than not express these views. There are of course, sadly, rotten teachers out there. But trust me. Sadly, not all parents are saints either.

Unfortunately you just keep addressing a strawman, he's already said numerous times that that's not what he was suggesting, yet you keep arguing against it. If every parent in a classroom of students signs a waiver that their child's class can be recorded and viewed in a secure manner, only by other parent's of children in that same class, there is no restriction on movement or anything else. Most parents won't sign such a waiver will be your next argument. Say we have a 50/50 split of parents willing and unwilling. Children of willing parents are put together in a classroom and children of unwilling parents are put in another classroom, the first is recorded, the second is not. As I've said from the beginning, you are all arguing logistics, nothing else. You have sighted the privacy of the students, but if the parents sign permission for their children to be recorded in class for the purpose of approved guardians to review, then there is no issue. You could put cameras in a classroom over night, and the students would never even know they were there, especially younger children. The logistics could be figured out given a team of innovative and smart people working to address every issue, there's always a way to accomplish something.

Again this is not how a school works. Say you have 75 third graders in a school. You typically only divide these by three teachers. You cannot balance classes by "Okay these kids can be videotaped" and "Okay these cannot". AS IT IS teachers spend one entire school day building next year's classes. They have to balance: gender; academic achievement levels; kids who cannot be together by parent request; behavior concerns; putting certain learning challenges together like kids with special ed dx. You don't just throw kids into 50% and 50% there based on who can be VIDEO recorded. Geez.

Everything a teacher says and does in a class.

That's knowing exactly what goes on in a class exactly how it happened. Not some second hand account

I can't wait til the Special Ed kids come into classes, have an incident, and sue the heck out of the nosy parents who insist on this. It will happen.

They will say "you're just throwing water on why it won't work!! Wahhh!!"

Right, because it won't work. Again, these folks need to hire in moles as aides, paras and etc and they can take their phones in and record. There, I said it. This camera work is entirely indefensible

These camera crazed people have driven me to this: If this ever happens in my classroom, instead of just making this face at students (below), I will turn to the camera and say, "You catch that Mrs. Smith? That's the kid you tell me never, ever acts up at home. See that? I hope you got it. And OH LOOK, Mrs. Brown. Your darling has his hands down his pants...again. Maybe you can address that with him?"

Heaven help you if your kid is the one going through the hands down the pants phase. Because now so many people can see it. What a world.

1644087210046.png

Again this is not how a school works. Say you have 75 third graders in a school. You typically only divide these by three teachers. You cannot balance classes by "Okay these kids can be videotaped" and "Okay these cannot". AS IT IS teachers spend one entire school day building next year's classes. They have to balance: gender; academic achievement levels; kids who cannot be together by parent request; behavior concerns; putting certain learning challenges together like kids with special ed dx. You don't just throw kids into 50% and 50% there based on who can be VIDEO recorded. Geez.

My daughter in law is a teacher, so I know the drill, and honestly, if you can juggle all of those other things in creating classes, videoed vs un-videoed doesn't seem that challenging.

These camera crazed people have driven me to this: If this ever happens in my classroom, instead of just making this face at students (below), I will turn to the camera and say, "You catch that Mrs. Smith? That's the kid you tell me never, ever acts up at home. See that? I hope you got it. And OH LOOK, Mrs. Brown. Your darling has his hands down his pants...again. Maybe you can address that with him?"

Heaven help you if your kid is the one going through the hands down the pants phase. Because now so many people can see it. What a world.

View attachment 597452

From reading your posts you don't seem to have much respect for the parents, and perhaps that is warranted in some cases, I'm sure you deal with a lot of issues with parents. But most parents only want what is best for their kids, and if they are all parents of the same age group, I'm guessing they're all familiar with the proclivities of that age, like sticking their hands down their pants. lol

Forum List

Back