ok is trying to alienate teachers?

Nope, the slip says nothing about commercial purposes. Pictures posted on the school website and FB page are not there for commercial purposes

Try again.
Posting on the internet that's why and FYI Posting on facebook is a commercial activity because it is promoting the school to the public

Videos of classes will not be posted on the internet and are to be viewed only by the parents.

So, you know that all of this exist and then you turn around and say that parents are denied free access.

Why would you do that?
I've told you that multiple times.

Not everyone can skip work to sit in on a class. the mere presence of a parent in the class will not result in an accurate picture because the behavior of the teacher and the students will change

I've told you that multiple times.

Not everyone can skip work to sit in on a class. the mere presence of a parent in the class will not result in an accurate picture because the behavior of the teacher and the students will change

So now we are back to the cost of storage for 75,000 hours of video per day until every parent has had a chance to view them.

If you folks were smarter--which you are definitely not--you would recruit people to take the copious jobs available in schools right now. Everything from lunch aides to recess aides to classroom aides to paras to guest teachers. Go in there, get PAID to do it, and record on your phone. Just like you've seen on TikTok Twitter and everywhere else, point the camera at the ceiling and catch the bad teacher in the act.

See? Easy. But no, I'm a dummy while you all beat your heads and long to keep 5 year olds in their desks all day in order to stay still for the camera.

I just.....

Unfortunately you just keep addressing a strawman, he's already said numerous times that that's not what he was suggesting, yet you keep arguing against it. If every parent in a classroom of students signs a waiver that their child's class can be recorded and viewed in a secure manner, only by other parent's of children in that same class, there is no restriction on movement or anything else. Most parents won't sign such a waiver will be your next argument. Say we have a 50/50 split of parents willing and unwilling. Children of willing parents are put together in a classroom and children of unwilling parents are put in another classroom, the first is recorded, the second is not. As I've said from the beginning, you are all arguing logistics, nothing else. You have sighted the privacy of the students, but if the parents sign permission for their children to be recorded in class for the purpose of approved guardians to review, then there is no issue. You could put cameras in a classroom over night, and the students would never even know they were there, especially younger children. The logistics could be figured out given a team of innovative and smart people working to address every issue, there's always a way to accomplish something.

I've already been over how it's possible to prevent that multiple times.

And you contradict yourself each time. Once they are in a super secure room in the school and the next they are doing it from home.

Which is it going to be, and where is my high school going to get the extra millions of dollars to pay for the storage?

Children of willing parents are put together in a classroom and children of unwilling parents are put in another classroom, the first is recorded, the second is not. As I've said from the beginning, you are all arguing logistics, nothing else

So now you just doubled the number of needed classroom and the number of needed teachers.

Great plan

Nope, the slip says nothing about commercial purposes. Pictures posted on the school website and FB page are not there for commercial purposes

Try again.
Omg, I didn't think you could be this obtuse, I obviously gave you far more credit than you deserved. The slip can't be updated to include it, an entire new slip couldn't be create expressly for this purpose? Let me guess. no one in the admin office has access to a computer, or knows how to use Word in order to update the text of the slip or create a new one? :rolleyes:

And yet those kids can;t just trade on their parents E trade accounts because of the security and verification used

They're just all being ridiculously obtuse at this point, no debating or reasoning when they refuse to acknowledge anything you've said with a rational or mature response.

Omg, I didn't think you could be this obtuse, I obviously gave you far more credit than you deserved. The slip can't be updated to include it, an entire new slip couldn't be create expressly for this purpose? Let me guess. no one in the admin office has access to a computer, or knows how to use Word in order to update the text of the slip or create a new one? :rolleyes:

Try reading what I responded to before making such stupid fucking post.

fucking hey

Unfortunately you just keep addressing a strawman, he's already said numerous times that that's not what he was suggesting, yet you keep arguing against it. If every parent in a classroom of students signs a waiver that their child's class can be recorded and viewed in a secure manner, only by other parent's of children in that same class, there is no restriction on movement or anything else. Most parents won't sign such a waiver will be your next argument. Say we have a 50/50 split of parents willing and unwilling. Children of willing parents are put together in a classroom and children of unwilling parents are put in another classroom, the first is recorded, the second is not. As I've said from the beginning, you are all arguing logistics, nothing else. You have sighted the privacy of the students, but if the parents sign permission for their children to be recorded in class for the purpose of approved guardians to review, then there is no issue. You could put cameras in a classroom over night, and the students would never even know they were there, especially younger children. The logistics could be figured out given a team of innovative and smart people working to address every issue, there's always a way to accomplish something.
And when the school board says no, that's still illegal and a waste of resources, then what?

So now we are back to the cost of storage for 75,000 hours of video per day until every parent has had a chance to view them.

• 1 hour recording in HD resolution = 3.6 GB

And you contradict yourself each time. Once they are in a super secure room in the school and the next they are doing it from home.

Which is it going to be, and where is my high school going to get the extra millions of dollars to pay for the storage?

Yeah millions of dollars for a few extra hard drives.

1 hour of HD video takes up 3.6 gig on a phone.

it doesn;t have to be HD and the files can be zipped

• 1 hour recording in HD resolution = 3.6 GB

3.6 x 75,000. 270,000 GB per day. 48,600,000 per year. And that is one single school and only if they stop the filming during class changes, do not do summer school or any after school learning.

486000 Tbs per year. Cost to store one tb is..

According to one infographic, the average cost of storing a single TB of file data is $3,351 a year. That cost potentially skyrockets because of supporting technologies. The file sharing services we steadily depend on for on the go access is costing companies an average of $450 per user.

They're just all being ridiculously obtuse at this point, no debating or reasoning when they refuse to acknowledge anything you've said with a rational or mature response.
The truth is teachers don't want parents to see what they do in class it has nothing to do with any kids privacy or safety

3.6 x 75,000. 270,000 GB per day. 48,600,000 per year. And that is one single school and only if they stop the filming during class changes, do not do summer school or any after school learning.
Why do you have to keep a whole year in storage? Oh yeah you don't.

Parent requests to see the vi deo of a kids math class. The school can give him access to one that was recorded yesterday. It would be no different than that parent asking to sit in on that math class. He can't sit in on a math class from a year ago now can he?

Forum List

Back